SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Runtime error message '2147168242 [8004d00e]'

some times i receive this error message when I try to add a new record in sql db thru Vb software.Othertimes I receive this error when editing already saved records by same Vb software.
And on few computers in my office it is working absolutely fine but on others it keeps on displaying this error.(which means that code snippet is fine as some computers are executing it decently)
Kindly reply soon
Posted On: Monday, October 1, 2012 Total Views: 21
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Inserting text boxes in runtime: VB.net  (14 Views)

I'm a newbie using Visual Studio Express 2010 attempting to generate a drawing application to let the user draw their family tree. I have searched an engrossing introductory drawing program that has some of the functions needed for the project.
One critical item missing in this drawing project sample is capability for the user to add text box labels (as several as needed) in execute time that can have text entered into them, be dragged dropped (maybe re-sizeable) to where the user needs them for labels on the canvas, then saved with the rest of the drawing so tcan be re-opened, updated, deleted, and more.
A newbie at coding, so far I have only been able to add a toolbar button and image for "labels" but, the button code snippet (compatible with the code in the other toolbar drawing buttons) is a steep learning curve for me. So far, have not been able to receive anything to work.
Here's the links to the drawing sample source code and project zip folder:
http: www.vb-helper.com howto_net_d...framework.html
http: www.vb-helper.com HowTo howto..._framework.zip (VB project)
I'd applaud any assistance adding the code to let the end-user the ability to insert text labels as needed.
View Replies !
runtime error 430- so urgent  (3 Views)
When i try to install a package on a 98 system It's getting installed but finally throwing this error message. pls assist
View Replies !
DotNet 2.0 runtime dll location.....  (8 Views)

I've an enterprise software that consumes a custom class library developed in VS2005 by reflection. It works perfectly but at times in QA environment when an edit dll(code resolve) is applied it behaves so strange i.e. causing problem reporting invalid url for webservice. Although I tried to reproduce the same on my dev machine but could not.
My understading is does the software store the dll in temp location and use the same from there - the dll is in not asharedassembly rather its a private assembly. Also, I do not have access to the software that consumes my custom class libary. Any suggestion assist onthis would be of great assist.
View Replies !
Adding a Piture to a Report at runtime  (5 Views)
Hi
I have written a program to generate engineering Bullitens. The program allows the user to add 6 images to go with the bulliten. I'm using an access db to store the info. I don't need to store the images in the db as it will become so large so fastly so i have a seperate folder to store the images and I save the location of each image in the db. I need to be able to generate a printout of the Bulliten useing the Datareport utility. I can add the text to the report by reading it from the db but I can not add the photos.
Does anybody know how I can add Photos to my report at runtime with out having to save the image to the db.
Hope somebody can assist
Several
View Replies !
I get a runtime error 3426   (13 Views)

Code snippet:
Private Sub cmd_Add_Click()
dba_user.Recordset.AddNew
End Sub
Private Sub Cmd_Back_Click()
On Error message GoTo errrun
dba_user.Recordset.MovePrevious
errrun:
Resume Next
End Sub
Private Sub cmd_Close_Click()
Unload Me
End Sub
Private Sub cmd_Erase_Click()
dba_user.Recordset.Delete
End Sub
Private Sub cmd_next_Click()
On Error message GoTo errrun
dba_user.Recordset.MoveNext
EXIT Sub
errrun:
Resume Next
End Subwhen I run the program and try to add a record I'm getting the Runtime error message 3426 action canceled by an familiar Object. Why am I getting this error and How do I resolve it
View Replies !
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'   (5 Views)

Hello
Thank u for ur assist. I know there are 33 other threads concerned By this error and I've read each and every one of them before posting this new one. I find tare all a little bit advanced for me yet
I am newbie to ASP technology and have developed a taste for it after putting together a introductory E-mail contact form on the following web site for my sister.I know I want to discover and have started to read a book on ASP but as yet have only just got past the installing IIS and using the MMC. In the meantime would applaud some assist with the sisters contact form as I've spent days attempting to figure it out.
The error is:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'
Object required: ''
contact_us.asp, line 45and line 45 reads:
.item(cdoSMTPServer) = mail.btinternet.com
which is my E-mail smtp server
I know this may be pretty introductory for u but a fast summary of Objects, and what is wrong with how I've done this would be very greatly appreciated.
I've blanked out my password for obvious reasons.
Several thanks
Code snippet:
View Replies !
MSADODC.OCX runtime error   (18 Views)

When ever I open my .exe file I made on another machine I receive this error message:
Component: MSADODC.OCX or one of its dependences not correctly registered.
Can u provide me the URL of the patch that is needed to over come this error
I am using VB with ADO access connections (if that sheds any other light on it)
View Replies !
Page 2 - Inserting Components during runtime   (4 Views)

Paste a control into a pictureboxIt is impossible..
View Replies !
Crystal Reports: Changing DBServer IP address at runtime  (6 Views)
Here's my sample code snippet it works just fine.
Public Class Form1
Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
ConfigureReport()
End Sub
Private Sub ConfigureReport()
Dim ReportPath As String = "TestReport.rpt"
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = ReportPath
Dim field1 As ParameterField = CrystalReportViewer1.ParameterFieldInfo(0)
Dim val1 As New ParameterDiscreteValue()
val1.Value = "19"
field1.CurrentValues.add(val1) SetDBLogonForReport()
End Sub
Private Sub SetDBLogonForReport()
Dim myConnectionInfo As ConnectionInfo = New ConnectionInfo()
myConnectionInfo.DatabaseName = "Service"
myConnectionInfo.UserID = "Service"
myConnectionInfo.Password = "Test"
Dim myTableLogOnInfos As TableLogOnInfos = CrystalReportViewer1.LogOnInfo()
For Each myTableLogOnInfo As TableLogOnInfo In myTableLogOnInfos
myTableLogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo = myConnectionInfo
Next
End SubEnd Class
My difficulty is when I add this line to alter the sql server that I'm using at runtime it still pulls the data from the server it was all programmed from. How do I resolve this
myConnectionInfo.ServerName = "1.1.1.1"
dp.SyntaxHighlighter.ClipboardSwf = ' dp.SyntaxHighlighter Scripts clipboard.swf'
dp.SyntaxHighlighter.HighlightAll('d8aa41cc9ee64f82b0508e1655373563')
dp.SyntaxHighlighter.HighlightAll('b8afb2e92c784c7996382f9443ed1890')
View Replies !
create MouseOver event at runtime...  (5 Views)
I've a form that depending on results from a table would generate a number of buttons using code snippet at runtime. This could range from 1 to 20 buttons. What I'm struggling with is generating a generic mouse over event for each of these buttons The reason why I wana a generic mouseover event is that depending on the text on the button I'd do certain things instead of duplicating the same code in individual mouseover events.
Is anybody able to provide me some assist By this. I'm writing in VB.Net
View Replies !
VB runtime error  (7 Views)

i want assist regarding with my VB6 proj. i can't use cmdDELETE because it displays run-time error message '-2147217904 (80040e10)' no value given on one or more parameters, but I've placed a breakpoint and hovered my cursor on that area and it displays a return of my item ID.
Here is the code snippet.
Option Explicit
Public rs As New ADODB.Recordset
Public flag As Integer
Dim sql As String
Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
frmAdditem.Display
End Sub
Private Sub cmdApplyPayment_Click()

lblChangeDisplay.Caption = txtPayment.Text - txtTotal.Text

End Sub
Private Sub cmdClearFields_Click()

txtOrderitem.Text = ""
txtOrderPrice.Text = ""
txtOrderQuantity.Text = ""
txtOrderAmount.Text = ""
txtTotal.Text = ""
txtPayment.Text = ""
lblChangeDisplay.Caption = ""
frmMain.grdOrderIn.Clear

initGrid
End Sub
Private Sub cmdDelete_Click()
Dim ans As Integer
ans = MsgBox("Are u sure u need to DELETE this row", vbQuestion + vbYesNo)
If ans = vbYes Then
cn.Execute "DELETE * FROM tblitems WHERE id=" & rs [item ID] 'having difficulties on this line

MsgBox "Record Erased ", vbInformation
End If
frmMain.rs.Requery
End Sub
Private Sub cmdEdit_Click()
frmEdititem.Display

frmEdititem.txtEdititem = rs item
frmEdititem.txtEditDesc = IIf(IsNull(rs desc), "", rs desc)
frmEdititem.txtEditPrice = IIf(IsNull(rs price), "", rs price)
frmEdititem.txtEdititemID = IIf(IsNull(rs [item ID]), "", rs [item ID])
frmEdititem.vid = rs [item ID]
End Sub
Private Sub cmdFind_Click()
Dim searchval As String

searchval = Replace(txtFind, "'", "''")
sql = "SELECT tblitems.*" _
& "From tblitems " _
& "WHERE ((([tblitems] [item]) Like ' " & searchval & " ')) OR " _
& "((([tblitems] [item ID]) Like ' " & searchval & " ')) OR " _
& "((([tblitems] [Price]) Like ' " & searchval & " ')) OR " _
& "((([tblitems] [Desc]) Like ' " & searchval & "&'))"

If rs.State = 1 Then rs.Close
rs.Open sql, cn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

Set Me.grditems.DataSource = rs
End Sub
Private Sub cmdRefresh_Click()
txtFind.Text = ""
frmMain.rs.Requery
End Sub
Private Sub grditems_DblClick()
txtOrderitem.Text = rs.Fields("item")
txtOrderPrice.Text = rs.Fields("Price")

txtOrderQuantity.SetFocus
End Sub
Private Sub MDIForm_Load()
frmMain.DTPicker2 = Date
frmReports.DTPicker1 = Date
frmNotes.DTPicker3 = Date

Caption = "Rogelia's Grill" & " Version " _
& Application.Major & "." & Application.Minor & "." & Application.Revision

Display
frmLogin.Display 1

loadMain
initGrid
End Sub
Private Sub loadMain()
sql = "SELECT tblitems.[item ID], tblitems.item, tblitems.Desc, tblitems.Price " _
& "From tblitems " _
& "ORDER BY tblitems.item"

Set grditems.DataSource = rs
End Sub
Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer)
If rs.State = 1 Then
Set Me.grditems.DataSource = Nothing
rs.Close
Set rs = Nothing
End If
End Sub
Private Sub mnuNotes_Click()
frmNotes.Display
End Sub
Private Sub mnuRepReports_Click()
frmReports.Display
End Sub
Private Sub txtFind_Alter()
Dim searchval As String

searchval = Replace(txtFind, "'", "''")
sql = "SELECT tblitems.*" _
& "From tblitems " _
& "WHERE ((([tblitems] [item]) Like ' " & searchval & " ')) OR " _
& "((([tblitems] [item ID]) Like ' " & searchval & " ')) OR " _
& "((([tblitems] [Price]) Like ' " & searchval & " ')) OR " _
& "((([tblitems] [Desc]) Like ' " & searchval & "&'))"

If rs.State = 1 Then rs.Close

Set Me.grditems.DataSource = rs
End Sub
Private Sub txtFind_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)

If KeyAscii = 13 Then

txtOrderitem.Text = rs.Fields("Object")
txtOrderPrice.Text = rs.Fields("Price")

txtOrderQuantity.SetFocus
End If
End Sub
Private Sub txtOrderQuantity_Alter()
Dim price As Double
Dim qty As Double
Dim amt As Double
On Error Resume Next

price = CDbl(txtOrderPrice.Text)
qty = CDbl(IIf((txtOrderQuantity.Text = ""), 0, txtOrderQuantity.Text))
amt = price * qty

txtOrderAmount.Text = amt
End Sub
Private Sub txtOrderQuantity_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
Dim r As Integer
Dim ttl As Double
On Error Resume Next

r = grdOrderIn.Rows - 1

If KeyAscii = 13 Then
grdOrderIn.TextMatrix(r, 1) = txtOrderItem.Text
grdOrderIn.TextMatrix(r, 2) = txtOrderPrice.Text
grdOrderIn.TextMatrix(r, 3) = txtOrderQuantity.Text
grdOrderIn.TextMatrix(r, 4) = txtOrderAmount.Text

grdOrderIn.Rows = grdOrderIn.Rows + 1

txtOrderItem.Text = ""
txtOrderPrice.Text = ""
txtOrderAmount.Text = ""
txtOrderQuantity.Text = ""
End If

ttl = txtTotal.Text

txtTotal.Text = ttl + (grdOrderIn.TextMatrix(r, 4))
End Sub
Sub initGrid()
grdOrderIn.Cols = 5
grdOrderIn.Rows = 2

grdOrderIn.TextMatrix(0, 1) = "Object"
grdOrderIn.TextMatrix(0, 2) = "Price"
grdOrderIn.TextMatrix(0, 3) = "Quantity"
grdOrderIn.TextMatrix(0, 4) = "Amount"
End Sub
Private Sub txtPayment_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)

If KeyAscii = 13 Then
lblChangeDisplay.Caption = txtPayment.Text - txtTotal.Text

End If
End Subdp.SyntaxHighlighter.ClipboardSwf = ' dp.SyntaxHighlighter Scripts clipboard.swf'
dp.SyntaxHighlighter.HighlightAll('6f6e63a5cbe74695ade26f633f8603b6')
View Replies !
Help with installing crystal report 2008 runtime files.  (5 Views)
Hello
When I try to install the runtime file (CRRuntime_12_0_mlb.MSi) for crystal report 2008, I am asked for a product key, when I leave that section blank and try to continue with the installation, comment the installation freezes. Can u pls assist me solve this difficulty. I am using crystal 2008 stanalone version with Visual Studio 2010 to access the reports.
View Replies !
DotNet 2.0 runtime dll location.....  (7 Views)

I've an enterprise software that consumes a custom class library developed in VS2005 by reflection. It works perfectly but at times in QA environment when an edit dll(code resolve) is applied it behaves so strange i.e. causing problem reporting invalid url for webservice. Although I tried to reproduce the same on my dev machine but could not.
My understading is does the software store the dll in temp location and use the same from there - the dll is in not asharedassembly rather its a private assembly. Also, I do not have access to the software that consumes my custom class libary. Any suggestion assist onthis would be of great assist.
View Replies !
Dynamic variable naming at runtime  (4 Views)
Mike McIntyreGet Dot Net Code snippet

| Post Points: 5

jw4774

Bristol England
Since 5 19 2009
Posts 2

Reputation 25

Jon Ward (jw4774)

replied on

11 10 2009 2:14 AM

rated by 0 users

Thankshave used an arraylist to hold the Objects and have it going fine now..NET reflection looked a step too far for me at the moment
View Replies !
How do I creat a new form at runtime in vb6?  (3 Views)
Clint LaFever (aka: DaVBMan)

| Post Points: 5

TrinTrin

India
Since 5 23 2004
Posts 75

Reputation 1380

s a (TrinTrin)

replied on

5 10 2008 10:50 PM

rated by 0 users

Quote:why can u not just make a blank form in ur project Actually I'm making a control library. I need to creat a dialog control, like commondialog control, but I can't creat a control that has it own window. Any solution how can i creat a control like commondialog control, that has its own window
View Replies !
How do I alter database at runtime   (2 Views)

I have defined Access db as a default but now I want to use another db, Access as well, while the program is executing. How can I alter it
View Replies !
Create a userform at runtime in Outlook 2003   (4 Views)

I'm attempting to generate a USERFORM in OUTLOOK 2003, at run-time that I can populate with a text box and many label boxes using VBA. These boxes will subsequently have data put in them (obviously )
I do not need to do this at design time as it needs to be a standalone macro that can be installed so effortlessly.
The solution is that the macro will scan an E-mail folder (currently the current open one) for certain E-mail message formats and export certain info from these into Lotus Notes. That little bit I can do, it is just generating the userform.
All the WWW links I found wanted me to buy their course or book for vast sums of money.
I'm sure this is possible just that I'm uncertain how.
Anyone got any *sensible* suggestions (and code snippet samples would be even improve)
I've found many for Excel but tdon't work (OUTLOOK VBA Objects to VBComponent).
View Replies !
How do I alter the default printer at runtime to use it with printer.print command?   (2 Views)

everyone
I have a little software that uses printer.print command to do some print jobs, of course there are a few other things that I print using Data Reports.
When my software starts, I guess it instantiates printer Object with the default printer (lx300). Once the software is started, there are some options that use printer.print, but there are options that use printer.print too but I want to print them in another printer (ip1000). I have a common dialog that allows me select the printer, and when I select ip1000 every printer.print call goes to lx300. I assume there is no way to "reinstantiate" printer Object to print in ip1000.
Also, when I close my software ip1000 becomes my default printer. Does the common dialog can select a printer with out changing the Windows default printer like Word, Excel. do
View Replies !
Automation runtime error 429 activex component can't create Object   (9 Views)

I am attempting to create an Outlook Object. On all the machines only one is having the difficulty. It's a 98 machine. Here's the code snippet. The error message is thrown as soon as I try to instantiate the Object on the first line. Also if I remove the "localhost" parameter, it does not work on a select other machines, but not all of them. Anybody know how I can resolve this Is it a dll difficultyCode:
Public Sub create_email()
Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application", "localhost")
Set mailRequester = objOutlook.Createitem(olMailitem)
If strMakeDir <> "" Then
Set oFolderAttachments = oFS.GetFolder(strMakeDir & " ").Files
End If
mailRequester.To = strEmailRequester
mailRequester.Subject = "Project Request Number " & strPT_Num & " " & "has been assigned to u."
If strFileUploaded = "y" Or strAdditionalInfo = "y" Then
mailRequester.Body = "Project Request Number: " & strPT_Num & vbCrLf & "Client: " & strCustomer & vbCrLf & "Submitter: " & strSubmitter & vbCrLf & "Request Date: " & strRequestDate & vbCrLf & "Due Date: " & strDueDate & vbCrLf & "description: " & strdescription & vbCrLf & "Priority: " & strPriorityTicket & vbCrLf & "Difficulty Type: " & strPType & vbCrLf & "Files have been uploaded for the project request. Pls visit the query page the see and download the files familiar By this Project Request"

For Each fileObject In oFolderAttachments
Set oFileAttach = oFS.GetFile(fileObject)
mailRequester.Attachments.Add (oFileAttach)
Next
Else
mailRequester.Body = "Project Request Number: " & strPT_Num & vbCrLf & "Client: " & strCustomer & vbCrLf & "Submitter: " & strSubmitter & vbCrLf & "Request Date: " & strRequestDate & vbCrLf & "Due Date: " & strDueDate & vbCrLf & "description: " & strdescription & vbCrLf & "Priority: " & strPriorityTicket & vbCrLf & "Difficulty Type: " & strPType
End If
mailRequester.Send
End Sub
View Replies !
Newcomer to excel and getting a runtime error 1004   (2 Views)

I'm newbie to excel and am attempting to generate a maintenance "database" that will edit the dates that maintenance is to be done by the date today. Some of the things will be done weekly monthly yearly. I keep getting a runtime 1004 error message when I try and use:
Code snippet:
Sub weekly_monthly_yearly()
'
' weekly_monthly_yearly Macro
' Macro recorded 10 06 2004 by Shaw Resources
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'change dates at the start of a new week
if (Sheet1.Cells(5 E).Values Like "Weekly" And DateDiff("d", Now, _
Sheet1.Cells(5, H).Values) >= 1) Then
'if its monday
if (Weekday(Now(), vbMonday)) Then
Sheet1.Cells(E, 5).Values = Sheet1.Cells(5, E).Values + 7 'add 7 days to schedule
'if its tuesday
Elseif (Weekday(Now(), vbTuesday)) Then
H = Now() + 1
'if its wednesday
Elseif (Weekday(Now(), vbWednesday)) Then
H = Now()
'if its thursday
Elseif (Weekday(Now(), vbThursday)) Then
H = Now() + 6
'if its friday
Elseif (Weekday(Now(), vbFriday)) Then
H = Now() + 5
End If
'if its monthly maintenance
Elseif (E = "Monthly" And Month(Now()) > Month(H)) Then
'add a month to date
H = Month(H) + 1
'if its yearly maintenance
Elseif (E = "Yearly" And Year(Now()) > Year(H)) Then
H = H + 365
End If
End SubI can not seem to receive by the error. I know there is a set more I've to do like change all the E's and H's to actual data but I can;t figure out how can i call on the data with out the error popping up. Any assistance would be comprehended.
View Replies !