You are browsing Ajax Control Forum.
SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

ContextKeys and ViewState Not Available on Async Postback - AjaxFileUpload Control

I added an AjaxFileUpload control on my own Web User Control. I'ven't added any edit panels or anything else to the page. It does not even have a MasterPage. So in the PageLoad event, I set my AjaxFileUpload control's ContextKey property tounique
ID (a GUID) and a seestate property with the name of that GUID and set its value to 'test'.
When I upload the files, my code snippetbehind handler fires successentirely, and I try to excerpt the contextkeys info and it is 'nothing'. ViewState on UploadComplete is also 'nothing'. I've enabled seestate in my page, web user control, and the AjaxFileUpload
control for giggles (even though I think it is on by default), and I still do not get back my values. If i enter the ContextKeys property in HTML (static), then on postback the ContextKeys property is set, but again its static and not so assistful.
Funny enough, session state is available to me by out the process. While this is good, it is also bad (not going to assist me). I understand that this is Asynchronous and that my seestate might be blank, but after evaluating the JavaScript after a
page render, it applicationears that tare accounting for this and are copying the ViewState into a variable called;
__clientState eg. in my Test1 web user control mine is 'Test1_AjaxFileUpload1_clientState'
So, my questions are;Is there a error here, or
Will ViewState not be available to me Can I not programatically set the ContextKeys and use it during the Async Postback
Let me tell you what I am trying to do, so you know why this is important. I wana to track their uploads and refresh an edit panel so the number of files uploaded is incremented. I also wana to display a modal popup on completion on the client side when
all files have been uploaded, and display the user where their files were saved on the server (important if the files are copies and I had to rename them on the fly). To make this extensible, I wana the ability for a user to have more than one browser windows open
and be uploading files with each browser independently. If i used a common session state variable, then the two browswers would fight for use of that common variable, because they share session state; hence why I can't use session state. If I used ViewState,
then the info would be independent of each other and it would work just fine.
Any assist would be applicationlaudd.
Posted On: Thursday, March 28, 2013 Total Views: 14
View Complete with Replies

Hi,

This webpage contains content related to Ajax Control. If question related to "ContextKeys and ViewState Not Available on Async Postback - AjaxFileUpload Control " is not helpful or you didn't find the question or answer you were looking for then you can ask a new question through contact form. Our development Team will be happy to help you. This article was posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013 and having 14 views till Tuesday, September 16, 2014.

Thank You

Related Messages:

Mask editor textbox hardy   (44 Views)

I am using AJAX Control softwaremask editor for thetextbox.While modifying the data it is automatically enabling the insert key (behaves as insert key of keyboard is on)and inserting the textbox value. I've been surfing for the solution but ihavent
found any solution yet.
Any o
View Replies !
Ajax: performing an insert   (44 Views)

Are there some examples out there of inserting records using ajax.I've seen plenty of examples of GETS but not PUTS. Any links to sample code snippet would be applicationlaudd.
View Replies !
Creating Multiple ModalPopupExtenders Dynamically in C#   (43 Views)

Hello
I am trying to Create more than one buttons and associated modalpopupextenders, dynamically. When I Create only one button and one modalpopupextender, the popup works. But when I try to Create more than one button and many more than one modalpopupextender, the buttons
and
View Replies !
Writing a more complex UpdateProgress.ProgressTemplate   (60 Views)

Hello
Is it possible to write a ProgressTemplate for an UpdateProgress control that does some thing more complex then just been toggled display:none -> display:block ->display:none
What I amean to say is, how can i implement a ProgressTemplate that searches the div which contains
View Replies !
Problem with CascadingDropDown RequiredFieldValidator and textbox   (52 Views)

I search a set on the web to find a solution but did not succeed.
Anyone have an solution
View Replies !
Ajax softwarekit javascript cause pertask denied in Firefox   (48 Views)

I've a web application that uses many softwarekit control. Many times it cuase user wating for long time when click on the link caused by Response.Redirec. Need to continue to click on the link then Probably one time it pass over and the page is rendereded fastly.
Then I tried to find
View Replies !
Getting error message 401 under SSL   (35 Views)

actually the hardy was that we use an http module that alters to HTTPS or HTTP protocole any request depending on if a file directory applicationeared in a section of the web.config.
The web service wasn't in the section (because it is also used in HTTP - we did not wana it to be alw
View Replies !
Problem with firing an Button on enter key press event In asp:textbox   (43 Views)

I was struck by a hardy In a senario i wana to fire a button as default up on the enter key press, But its not working in textbox , If i am in text while enter key press event its doing the ajax post back but not able to fire the default button
event.(Its as ajax enabled page, the contr
View Replies !
hardy in serverside validation   (32 Views)

Both should work
ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this this.GetType(), "key", " alert('" + Message + "'); ", false);
ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, this.GetType(), "key", " alert('" + Message + "'); ", true);
View Replies !
CascadingDropDown causes invalid postback or callback argument error message   (64 Views)

I've inserted 3 CascadingDropDownList in my alterd CreateUserWizard control.
When the user click on "Create User" button I obtain the following error message:
Invalid postback or callback argument.
I do not wana set the
because I think it isn't the correct way to resolve i
View Replies !
Using asp.net ajax with out javascript?   (36 Views)

When this was in beta or at least called Atlas there was documentation on using a new markup for the client-side that was then rendered as javascript so the developer could use it (kinda like xaml) with out knowing js but could still make a nice site using
ajax.
I can't seem to
View Replies !
Ajax authentication custom membership; can't use Session Object   (46 Views)

I am using ajax 1.0 authentication but on the basis of a custom sql membership service which is working 100 except that in the membership code snippet the Session Object (HttpContext.Current.Session) can't be accessed which though is crucial because I user Session["UsersID"]
for lo
View Replies !
Collapsible Panel Overflow:Auto Issue   (43 Views)

This took a long time to deerror but I finally found the hardy.
I've a form set up with a static header and footer. There is a div in the middle with overflow set to auto and sized to fit between the header and footer. Of course when the content within the div tag is large enough, a
View Replies !
Page loading is slow even if using an UpdatePanel   (43 Views)

I've a page which uses a MasterPage hosting the ScriptManager (EnablePartialRendering="True"). The page itself has a data grid control inside of an UpdatePanel. I am fetching the grid's data and binding it in a call from
the Page_Load event. When I run the page (via IE7) it pauses f
View Replies !
ATLAS and Web service   (26 Views)

I've seen many examples on the net for ATLAS for which tAre using web services. My question (and confusion too.....),is why should we go for webservice Is is it to reduce the code snippet in code snippet behind file or Still more advantages Can someome tell me
this pls.
Also, if
View Replies !
Support for both static and non-static methods   (24 Views)

Hello
I would have written here long ago, but, unfortunately, I had no time. And only now I post this message as a result of possible error in one of Atlas versions that causes our software to fail from time to time.We are using ASP.NET AJAX almost from the so beginning of its creatio
View Replies !
Javascript error message (null Object) when firing from onalter event in an AJAX asp.net environment   (55 Views)

I've an asp.net page that i have several textboxes. One text box is a an ajax calendar extender control tied to a textbox that captures a date of birth. The other text box is an easy text box that store the Age (calculated by date of birth). I've
an OnChange event that is fired when
View Replies !
Popupcontrol calendar and textbox   (21 Views)

Hi
I am using a textbox and a calendar with a popupcontrol and this part is working fine.
My hardy is that i can't find out how can i clear the date presented in the textbox. Ex. I got 2 popupcalender if I am selecting a date in calender 1 and this date is less than the date selec
View Replies !
Accordion and divs   (44 Views)

I've a hardy with the Accordion control. In Beta is a little bit improve that the July CTP but for sure no cigar.
The hardy if I've a div in the accordion isn't able to hide it (or I wasn't capable to do it). The easyst case is to place a VirtualEarth content in the Accordion.
Wi
View Replies !
Atlas with out IIS   (35 Views)

Can I run Atlas with out IIS
Here's some easy code snippet I tried:
UntitledPage

functionpageLoad()
{
alert(Sys);
}
However I get the following error message:
Microsoft JScript runtime error message: 'Sys' is unexplaind
Without Sys explaind
View Replies !
Cascading DropDown and DataBinding   (40 Views)

Hello I am having hardys fetching the selectedValue from the DropDown when I Create the controls dynamically.
How are you getting the selectedValue
Thanks
Here's how I am trying to do it, and can see all of the other extender properties but the selectedValue is always empty ""
View Replies !
Numerous error messages when automating Silverlight on Win7 64-little bit  (37 Views)
I've had a number of hardys trying to automate a Silverlight software from a unit test. I will post various error messages to this thread as I see them.
Here's the latest example:
Error:SilverlightUtils.AppendAutomationExtension():EXCEPTION("UnabletoinjectSystem.Windows.dll")
Type:NullRef
View Replies !
Different behaviour when telerik studio telerik framework and the manual click  (67 Views)
I am trying to write automation scrip to verify the silverlight UI .
I've menu Home when I expand that it will list two items this one works good when i do manually but i use to get the following error message when I try to automate using code snippet or teststudio at this particular step i get
View Replies !
How to display girdView row selected   (26 Views)

When I click a girdsee row I wana to display the entire row as selected with a various color. How to do this. Pls assist.
View Replies !
Show Hide Panel Not Working After Update to 1.0   (32 Views)

I've 2 panels (see and add edit panel). View panel is initially visible and add edit panel hidden. I toggle these panels by a link button. In add edit panel, I load an ascx, by clicking on a button inside the add edit panel, to display related data
furthermore. In previous version of
View Replies !
JSON server type and web services   (49 Views)

Just an oddity I am admiring about. The public variable __serverType gets set for Objects embedded within an Object returned by a webservice however the Object that gets returned by the webservice does not have a __serverType. For example:
public class MyObject {
public MySecond
View Replies !
Atlas under J2EE   (33 Views)

Is anybody aware of any intend to port the portable part of Atlas to a J2EE library (ala the PHP port)
View Replies !
Ajax 1.0 final and GAC   (38 Views)

Do ajax 1.0DLL-swana to be added to GAC when a web software is deployed on a remote server or this has been alterd in the final release
View Replies !
Deerrorging Asp.Net Ajax applications   (55 Views)

I spell following code snippet:
function doDeerror()
{
deerror.fail('stop here');
}
The error messageI get is deerror is 'unexplaind'. What did i do wrong
View Replies !
Team System   (31 Views)

I use Team Suite andTFS for eso thing these days. I am trying to get an solution what Microsoft's plans are for integration of "Atlas" with Team System. I wish to "Ajaxify" my web softwares but I've one major concern: Testing
There is a Test component of Team System, which includes W
View Replies !
missing atlas controls   (32 Views)

I have downloaded and installed the atlas framework softwarekit controls and project template. The atlas softwarekit controls have installed ok, but I can not find the edit panels, script manager, triggers, extenders or timer controls. Do these have to be installed
manually If so,
View Replies !
clear textbox after page alter on gridsee - 2 various atlas:editpanel s   (65 Views)

I've 1 gridsee on an atlas:editpanel and then textboxes and dropdownlists in another atlas:editpanel.
The gridsee editpanel contains a grid of workorders. The second editpanel acts as the edit see for the gridsee, and it contains textboxes and dropdownlists; and is populated when the
View Replies !
what does double underscore mean?   (49 Views)

I was looking at some of the Web.Data classes. I see that the Web.Data.DataRow data has some members that have "__" in their name. Does that mean some thing various Wally -- Wallace B. McClure "The Harder I Work the Luckier I Get." Listen to "The ASP.NET
Podcast" at http: www.aspne
View Replies !
ScriptResource.axd and Slidedisplay extender   (49 Views)

Hello
Forgive me if this isn't the correct forum to post this as I am not sure where it belongs. After adding the Slidedisplay Extender and a web service to populate the image control, I keep getting the following error message immediately after the page loads in the scriptresource.ax
View Replies !
ajax study material   (44 Views)

Which book on ajaxis assistful for .net developers.
View Replies !
traceDeerror error message in IE7   (47 Views)

While deerrorging the software I am working on I ran into a hardy calling Sys.Deerror.traceDump(). Here's a repro using the RTM version:

UntitledPage

functionpageLoad()
{
island=document.getElementById('xml');
nodes=island.getElementsByTagName('item');View Replies !
Multiple ListSearchExtender hardys   (39 Views)

I've a UserControl which contains two dropdown lists. I had attached a
ListSearchExtender to each one but I noticed that with two I was binding the
data twice. If I either set the Enabled property of one of the
ListSearchExtenders to false this goes away. It also goes away
View Replies !
asking about ajax 1.0 realesd ?   (33 Views)

dev.
im using ajax 2.0 beta in my software. and i used ajax controls on it. now when i installed the new ajax all my pages had error messages. can i do some thing easy to uypgrade it to new ajax or stay on the beta version
and if i stay use the beta does that make hardys in the f
View Replies !
Deploy Toolkit to Server   (40 Views)

Please assist
My development box works gret with the latest softwarekit. When I try to deploy to the production server my popups do not work. I've installed the latest AJAX components per the instructions on the server and copies the latest AjaxControlToolkit.dll to the
bin dir
View Replies !
ModalPopup Abilitites   (31 Views)

Im having many hardys using the ModalPopup control and was thinking if anybody could assist me out. Here goes:
1)
If I wana to use a user control as the popup control when using a modalpopup extender, is that possible I've seen other people asking it but it does not seem to be resolved
View Replies !
Nested properties   (33 Views)

Can this be done with the framework as it is A so crude example:

View Replies !
Ajax function works only on index page in MVC 3   (50 Views)

In the index page I've presented the data and let the user to do inline editing using jeditable (which also uses ajax function) and DELETE function.
In the Create page obviously it allows the user to enter new the data but now I wana to add a feature to let the DELETE from the Create
View Replies !
AutocompleteExtender won't let you to select one of the values in the list with mouse   (24 Views)

I am having a weird hardy with the AutoCompleteExtender. I use it for 3 various textboxes to return City and State. In each of the textboxes you can neverselect one of the values in the list with your mouse and its a various position for each textbox.
For one textbox you can never se
View Replies !
Inspiration want pls   (7 Views)

Hi
I've an application that wants to send automatic E-mails when a formsee edits. No hardy there but I wana to present the E-mail content to the user as the formsee is updating, ask them to check it, edit it if necessary and then send it. There could also be
more than one E-mail
View Replies !
How we can validate data on Export to PDFExcel,Word and XML  (14 Views)

We have a software where we wana to verify software data with Export to PDFExcel,Word and XML.
For Ex. In your software there are several records of employees of your organization which shows in the Html Table. You wana to add one record and after that wana to verify this a
View Replies !