You are browsing VB.NET Forum.
SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Connecting VB to OpenOffice database

I am trying to connect from VB2008 to OpenOffice.
So the connection to Microsoft is
Build connection string to connect to
' -- an OleDB Data giver
sConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;"
sConnection = sConnection & "User ID=Admin;"
sConnection = sConnection & "Data Source="
sConnection = sConnection & Application.StartupPath & _
" camerashop.mdatabase"
Do I've to alter both the Provider and StartupPath or just 1
Posted On: Thursday, November 29, 2012 Total Views: 22
View Complete with Replies

Hi,

This webpage contains content related to VB.NET. If question related to "Connecting VB to OpenOffice database" is not helpful or you didn't find the question or answer you were looking for then you can ask a new question through contact form. Our development Team will be happy to help you. This article was posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 and having 22 views till Wednesday, October 01, 2014.

Thank You

Related Messages:

connecting to database assist  (15 Views)
what is up guys.
i can't seem to add to records on the one row i get the error message saying "Column count does not match value count at row 1"
but it works when i only add one record. Imports MySql.Data.MySqlclient
Public Class PatientInfo
Dim ServerString As String = "Server=sap
View Replies !
connection string for connecting to databases  (24 Views)
hi
can you pls assist me regarding connection strings.
what do connection strings depend on like is there various strings based on access version you use or on the .net framework used.. or is there many other criteria
i made a project with vb 2010 .net framework 4.0, access 2007 (.accdata
View Replies !
Error when connecting to remote server  (25 Views)

Please assist. I get error message msg "Logon Failure : Unknown user name or bad password" but the credentials I've supplied are correct
code snippet:Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
Dim strdomainname, strusername,
View Replies !
connecting PostgreSQL to vb.net  (27 Views)
i wana to connect vb.net to postgresql. I had this code snippet.. and i always get the error message "The 'PostgreSQL.1' giver isn't registered on the local machine.".. How could i correct this one given below is my whole code snippets; and honestly i do not know the exact steps.. tnx
Imports Sy
View Replies !
Creating Log-In page connecting Access Database  (21 Views)
I want a assist to Create a log in Page.
I am doing my work in VB express 2008. I am trying to connect it to my access 2007 Database so a user can log in with ther username and password, if tare using valid username password.
I've connected my Access 2007 database using Data Source window: da
View Replies !
connecting wireless with vb.net and mysql  (31 Views)
i made this cellphone software in vb.net and i'd like to ask if this software is possible to connect with 2 laptops using an ad hoc connection and communicate with each other with my cellphone software using their own databases i am recently using vb.net 2008 and sql server management studio express
View Replies !
connecting to database  (24 Views)
I am using visual studio 2008 and am trying to connect to a database to search by car names. It will not connect to the database and says all my syntax is correct. can some body pls double check i am drawing a complete blank. Thanks TimPublic Class Form1
Dim ODBconnection As OleDb.OleDbConnect
View Replies !
connecting database  (34 Views)
plz tell me how can i normalize data in database during connection
View Replies !
connecting forms to sqlserver database using vb.net  (26 Views)
hi
i am new to dot net....m trying to access sqlserver management studio database using forms in vb.net...m using a button and i wana to get access to the database when i click on that button....the code snippet is given given below....wen i tried the same code snippet with out using formsthis i
View Replies !
connecting over vpn  (25 Views)
Not really sure if this should go here.
I've an application that connects to a sql database using the standard connection string.
Now i wana to do some work on this at home where i have a vpn connection to work setup. It's quicker to work locally than it is to rdp into work and work from my
View Replies !
connecting to SQL server 2000 database from vb.net  (25 Views)
I am newcomer in Visual Basic.net
Currently I've been given a project to design a database for college in which record of all the students and college staff will be stored i have the interface in vb.net but now when i wana to make a connection to sql server 2000 database i am sufering from many
View Replies !
connecting CrossTab Query in access and vb.net  (29 Views)
hii esoone
i am trying to generate a school time table by using access and vb.net ,as you know time table having from PERIOD'S NO. as column heading and the DAYS as row headings,,,,,, and to do so , in access i used a type of query called CrossTab, the hardy these kind want a parameter (e.g: it a
View Replies !
connecting a vb software to a sql server database  (24 Views)
i am trying to develop a software in vb and wish to connect it to an sql server 2000 database.
What is the code snippet to do this.
View Replies !
Error message when connecting to a SQL Express 2005 DB  (25 Views)
folks
I've been tryng to establish a new data source for a windows form 'clients'.
So after starting the 'Data Source Configuration Wizard', and successentirely connecting to the DB (test connection returned OK) I saved the connection string.
I then clicked on Next and the wizard success
View Replies !
connecting a web software in vb 2005 to populate an access database  (19 Views)
my name is skarabaganza as yu can see anyway am a student studying proigramming and am used to doing windows softwares in vb 2005 the only hardy i have is that i can not seem to find the oledatabase data adapter in the web software software box have i done some thing wrong and can anybody shed some
View Replies !
VB.NET: connecting to MySQL  (19 Views)
Can some body pls suggest me a way to connect to a MySQL server Because I wana to connect to my database that has a list of usernames and keycode snippets that will let that person into my Program.
So a list of commands functions that would let me to connect and get the table data and than discon
View Replies !
connecting VB.net with access  (33 Views)
hi
i have to do a hospital mangment system by VB.net and connec it with a DB and i do that by using Wizard the problme is that i don't know how i can validat the data thet the user will enter it and i do not know how can i give each patient and staff member a uniqe ID and send it to the DB
View Replies !
connecting more than one forums  (25 Views)
Create a software that works as a shopping cart system. you will have a main form that contains a listbox that represents a shopping cart a form with a listbox for print books, a form with a listbox for audio books, and an easy about box.
I tried to do it like this...
Private Sub btnAdd_Click(
View Replies !
connecting access database to vb.net and validation  (18 Views)
Hello
I've an access database having fruit names and its quantity. I've to connect this to vb.net. My applicationln also asks for private data like Name, Address, Date, Zipcode snippet, Email id and more. I've to validate each entry as well. Here are few things that i wana to know:
1) For t
View Replies !
Error message when connecting to a SQL Express 2005 DB  (22 Views)
VS2005 trying to generate a dataset for an MSAccess I get this error message:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
---------------------------
An error message occurred while generating the new data source:Could not get type info for 'DeviceApplicationSamp.TempDBDataSet
View Replies !