You are browsing Ajax Control Forum.
SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

ajaxfileupload OnUploadComplete event handler does not edit server controls

I am using Master Page. I upgraded the AJAX control softwarekit to 4.1.60623 (6 25 2012).
The OnUploadComplete event handler for ajaxfileupload does not edit the server control on the page like label, textbox, neither could it modify the seestate variable of the page. It seems to me that this server function does not do postback of any kind.
I wana to run some server code snippet to get the duration of the multimedia uploaded, which can't be done in Javascript. I found some tricks on the internet using the Javascript to trigger a postback:http: encosia.com effortlessly-refresh-an-editpanel-using-javascript .
This could trigger the postback, and, using some hidden fields, I could manage to resolve the hardy.
But I am admiring if there is some easyr way to let the OnUploadComplete event handler run the server code snippet and edit the server control directly
Many
Posted On: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 Total Views: 24
View Complete with Replies

Hi,

This webpage contains content related to Ajax Control. If question related to " ajaxfileupload OnUploadComplete event handler does not edit server controls " is not helpful or you didn't find the question or answer you were looking for then you can ask a new question through contact form. Our development Team will be happy to help you. This article was posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 and having 24 views till Friday, April 18, 2014.

Thank You

Related Messages:

Need to have onalter event fire first before postback when enter key is pressed   (43 Views)

I've read a so many posts that do not quite address this hardy. For the benefit of all man kind and myself I wana a solution to this hardy:
I've an editpanel with several textboxes and a couple of buttons. PartialPostBack is conditional. The buttons are set up as postback triggers. I
View Replies !
Cannot Find UpdatePanel in Gridsee RowCommand event   (63 Views)

I am having a gridsee in a contentplace holder and the entire content is in an edit panel. Records will be populated in a gridsee from the database with RATING control on the right side. If there are 100 rows in the gridsee , when user selects 99th
record and cliks on rating image, a
View Replies !
AJAX Timer Tick event error message   (32 Views)

I've the following code snippet for timer tick event:
protectedvoidTimer1_Tick(ObjectsenderEventArgse)
{
TimeSpantime1=newTimeSpan();
time1=(DateTime)Session["time"]-DateTime.Now;
if(time1.TotalSeconds
only 1 statement is working and the else are throwing a
View Replies !
How to register the keypress event in the HTMLEditor control?   (42 Views)

I am looking for a way (that works) to register the keypress event in the HTMLEditor control.
I wana to make a custom processing when (for instance) Ctrl+P is pressed.
Any solution
View Replies !
AsyncFileUpload Server-Side events hardy   (42 Views)

I am having the same hardy. However if you look at my post ...http: forums.asp.net t 1547561.aspx
I've isolated it to a so small code snippet snippet. Seems like the script which is registereddoes not fire on the client side. I am wrackingmy brains on this one. If you get an answer
View Replies !
No execution of events   (19 Views)

this is my first post and english isn't my native language.
I a making a page under Visual Studio 2005 in ASP (C#). I've to use Ajax to edit some part of my page.
I will try to expose my hardy clearly :
When I use the calendar or a button Ajax work well,and the execution of
View Replies !
Preventing asyncfileupload from uploading again on postback or refresh?   (97 Views)

esoone this hardy is so common. But I've spent a set of time and have not found any real solution to it. I've an Asyncfile upload control and a gridsee. Both are in various edit panels. Asyncfileupload1 is in editpanel1 and gridsee
is in editpanel2. I used javascript to call a postb
View Replies !
UpdatePanel imageButton OnClick event not firing   (88 Views)

forget to set causevalidatioin property to false
check if this is the case
View Replies !
Update Panel Click event not working.   (24 Views)

I am using UpdatePanel.
Inside editpanel i clicked on linkbutton and it opens modalpopup server side.
After popup open i wana to save the data. I added the Save button inside popup panel.
I added Postback trigger and asyncpostback trigger. It doesn;t goes to click event.
View Replies !
Generic client side event for any server side request   (25 Views)

I am looking for generic client side event which would be fired before any server side trip it may be a postpack ajax or page redirect.
I am planning to popup requestSTART time by writing logic in this generic event. Any pointer on this
View Replies !
UpdatePanel and ListView events   (29 Views)

:
I've a usercontrol with listsee control nested inside an UpdatePanel and Panel. Below is the layout:
UserControl :: Panel1 -> UpdatePanel -> Panel2 -> ListView
UpdateMode is set to conditional. Panel2's visibility is initially set to false.
In the having page I load the
View Replies !
Modify ajax ComboBox TextChanged event   (56 Views)

is it possible to modify the ComboBox's TextChanged event from The AjaxToolkit Extender and how can i do it
View Replies !
ReorderList does not fire edit event   (20 Views)

I've my ReorderList setup and it seems to work. It does not give me any error messages, and it allows drag drop of the entries.
BUT, it never edits my datasource. I've tried putting breakpoints on the edit events, both on the reorder list, but also on the datasource, none fires.
W
View Replies !
itemCommand event not wrapplicationed in UpdatePanel.Triggers.AsyncPostBackTrigger   (54 Views)

folks
I am using context menu control
http: msdn.microsoft.com en-us magazine cc163848.aspxinside an Updatepanel:

AutoHide="False" OnitemCommand="menuVisor_itemCommand">

My hardy is itemCommand raises a full Postback.
Please can you assi
View Replies !
Finding accordion pane client event   (33 Views)

I've hardy with accordion pane client side events and found this solutions on old posts:
function accSelectedChange(sender eventArgs) {
if (eventArgs.get_propertyName() ==
"SelectedIndex")
{
alert(sender.get_clientState());
}
}
function pageLoad() {
$O
View Replies !
editpanel dynamically Created controls and events not firing.   (47 Views)

I amdynamically adding controls to a page with an editpanel. The controls do trigger a post back but their events do not fire.
For example:LinkButton link =
new
LinkButton();
link.Height = 45;
link.Width = 250;
link.Font.Underline =
link.Font.Bold =
link.
View Replies !
is there a event called 'ondrop'?   (16 Views)

i'm using dragpanelextenderand,i wana to save the position of the panel to the profile after user drop it,
but i'm admiring which event should i use to do the saving
i tried onmouseup,but it does not work in IE--user triggers the onmouseup event only if tdid not move it
this
View Replies !
display asp.net modal popup on page load event?   (99 Views)

I've placed an asp.net modal popup extender on my page. it works just fine when
a button is target controlId but I wana to display it when user enters page.
so I put the given below in the page load event but nothing happlicationens (ie6)
pnlModal_ModalPopupExtender.Show();
Is
View Replies !
display value in label on textbox alter event   (33 Views)

I wana to display value in label on textbox alter event means when user enter text in text box then this value should display in label . I am using this:

========================================================protected void TextBox5_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
View Replies !
Is there supposed to be a semicolon on the end of button onclick event?   (24 Views)

I am performing a dynamic modalpopupextender in my code snippet and when I am adding the onclick attribute (which is supposed to run server side code snippet, right) It's putting a semicolon on the end. I am using generate
40412. Here's my code snippet where I am dynamically generati
View Replies !