SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Wrapping text around a sphere

. Have a problem I need pointers on, not exactly expert stuff so I've placed it here.

Before I elaborate, here's the object in question

I'm trying to find a quick way to realistically wrap text onto the surface of this sphere, and initial experiments in CS2 with the Arc warp and some perspective finangling have proved below expectations.

Thoughts

Posted On: Monday 29th of October 2012 09:29:44 PM Total Views:  343
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

wrapping text around a curve   (213 Views)
I know how to wrap text around a curve but I am having trouble with one aspect of it, and i will try and make this as uncomplicated as I can. I have a circle, i have divided the circle in half with one half being the top half and the other the bottom half. I have two text fields i want to wrap around this cirlce, again, one on the top half the other on the bottom. the top half is easy with the bottom of the letters touching the top of the circle. i am wrapping from left to right in a clock wise motion with the letters sitting on the circle. the problem i am having is with the bottom half. Again, i wish to wrap in a left to right manner but this time in a counter clock wise motion so that the tops of the letters will be touching the bottom half of the circle. How can i reset photoshop text to that it will reverse the way the letters are typed. if that makes any since.
wrapping a label around a jar or bottle   (103 Views)
Is there anyone out there that knows the best way to acheive a wrap-around look. I'm trying to place a label on a bottle. I'm using CS, and the polar coordinates or spherize filters don't do the job.
wrapping a logo   (145 Views)
I am trying to wrap an AI logo onto a bottle in Photoshop. Anyone know of any good tutorials covering this
Broken text?   (120 Views)
I was just wondering on everybodys personal preference to get an effect such as this; Ok, apparently Im not allowed to post an image just google-image "katatonia logo"
Advice needed for creating hair textures   (123 Views)
I have been stressing out over this problem for a while and I really need advice. I am going to create hair textures for a prorgamme called second life, I know how to, however I am not sure whether to use Greyscale or to create each different hair texture and style one by one. The advantage to greyscale is that it will take less time and effort and cost less. However, the advantages to having different hair textures is that I can control and add highlights. My hair textures are going to be high quality. Please can some-one advice and help me. Thank you
My text is too tiny   (101 Views)
And I can't figure out how to fix it. If I close out and restart my text still wont show up. I have posted a thread before but no one will help me. Please please help me.
Hull textures   (94 Views)
! Im contributing in a project called infinity the quest for earth http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/ And since its a space game Im trying to get hull textures/tutorials. Is there any good resources for that I have looked but there is nothing detailed or good enough.
Creating text to be links   (94 Views)
, I was wondering if is there a way of having text be created as links on for a webpage on a banner that is created on photoshop, bearing in mind that buttons are not being used. Thanx
Adding Snow effect to logo text   (150 Views)
I would like to add a snow effect to the tops of my text on my logo, is there any easy way of doing this, or a way of getting a professional look I dont really want to change the font, just put the effect over the letters.. I have tried doing it myself, but the effect does not looking convincing, and i cant find any tutorials on google to really help.
Very basic text problems   (196 Views)
I don't get on with GUIs very well and I get problems with adding text in Photoshop (CS). The latest problem (which I don't think I've managed to hit before) is that my characters are sometimes (but not always)appearing one character after I type, so if I type in "alphabet" it shows up as "alphabe" until I click the tick, when the last "t" appears. Similarly by the time I've typed "alpha", only "alph" is visible. If I commit the type and start in a new position, this may or may not happen. An underline still appears at the text position even if the character doesn't. The other problem, which I manage to hit regularly, is that I sometimes can't start in a new position, even though I've done a commit. When I choose the text tool and click in a new position the cursor returns to the last text I typed. I've tried putting in a new layer first, but it just reselects the old layer first when I click with the type tool. What am I doing that puts into these states I haven't found anything useful in Photoshop help.
Cannot type text   (109 Views)
Ok this is the weirdest thing ever, I have never had any problems with photoshop before. I am using photoshop cs 2. Recently, I created an image and clicked my text tool and then clicked on my document, and when i tried to type... no text would come out. I can't use any letters, spaces, or returns. However, if I copy and paste text in it will show up but I cannot backspace it or add to it, but i can click to the front and my delete key will work. I have recently installed adobe premier pro if this has anything to do with it i am not sure. I have tried the repair photoshop installing feature, a full uninstall and reinstall, and dumping my preferences folder. I'm on a normal document it creates the text layer and i get a blinking cursor i just can't type anything ... my keyboard is working fine because i can use shortcuts like (ctrl +t) and those work i just can't type anything at all... Someone please help I have a school project due soon and need to fix this asap. Also, before the full reinstall it would crash if i copy and pasted text in, but now it does not crash.
Inserting text on photoshop question.   (130 Views)
Can I insert text in photoshop and photoshop image ready When I say text I mean the content of a site. Example Inserting the whole content of 'about us' in PSD How do I make sure the text is not image but html. Also Is it possible to make text not sizeable in the browser something like using css. Hope I am clear in explaining what I want to accomplich...if not please let me know ok.
How to put lines on an image-make a picture glow-or make text look clear??   (196 Views)
all. I am pretty new to Photoshop and I have come across a few things that I would love to do but I cant figure out how to do them. Also, I have elements so I'm not even sure if I can do them. Anyway one of the things I am trying to learn is how to put lines over an image. For example the very first picture on this site: http://www.friends-boards.com/forum/showthread.phps=&threadid=2517 Another thing I have been trying to figure out how to do is how to make the text 'clearer' on an image. An example of what I am talking about is on the last banner in the first post in this thread (the one that says bicycle buddies): http://www.friends-boards.com/forum/showthread.phps=&threadid=2288 And the last thing I can't figure out how to do is make the image sort of 'glow.' An example of that is the first banner that says "natural beauty" and it has a pic of Jennifer Anniston on it. Keep in mind I'm not talking about the text glowing. The link- http://www.friends-boards.com/forum/showthread.phps=&threadid=2288 Anyway, sorry this post has more than one question in it, lol. I would really appreciate an answer! Or maybe even a few. Thank you!!
Slicing and adding text   (201 Views)
Please don't give me a whipping if this question has already been answered a million times, but I tried searching the forum and couldn't find the answer I need. Actually I have two questions: 1) I am working on a web page in Dreamweaver and I want to add some content boxes made in Photoshop. I have sliced a small area of the content box which I want to use as a link and am now trying to add it to my Dreamweaver page. However, when I save it for web and try to open it into the Dreanweaver page, it comes out as a new page; I can't seem to add just the content boxes. How can I add just the content boxes to my page 2) What is the best way to add text to my content boxes Is it possible to add text in Dreamweaver to a content box made in Photoshop If so, how Sorry if my questions are obvious but this is my first time.
How to angle text   (154 Views)
How do I angle a line of text so that it runs up on an angle I dont want to angle each letter, I just want to slope the line of text on an angle upwards of about 10 degrees
How can I curve a (text) Type layer?   (108 Views)
can anyone tell me how to bend type into some semi-circle. I would like to create type that curves around this circular object. I already have the type (text) on it's own layer but when I try to curve it using the transform tool, it stays in a straight line. Please advise. Here below is an attachment of the type I am trying to curve/bend , Quote: Originally posted by da_bigg_z Actually you do not need to use any extra tools, photoshop provides this facility click the text tool, write your text, then on top of your screen there is the tools bar for the text tool, there is a button that looks like a T on top of a curve click it and it will give you many many curve styles, hope that helps Um...thats what stinkoman just said He even attached the pic of that 'T on top of a curve' lol
How can I make text curve?   (98 Views)
I have a curvy arrow (it archs), and I'd like to label it with some text that also archs along side the arrow. How can I do this
Novice at Photoshop, remove background/shadow text..   (104 Views)
, I'm a novice at Photoshop, and learning as I play around with it. Still learning the basics.. I have a picture of a girl in a dress. The background is white(ish) and some of the girl's dress is white as well as her blouse. If I select the magic eraser tool the background is viped out, but parts of the skirt and shirt get wiped out as well... I've read somewhere how to solve this problem, selecting only certain "ranges" of a colour, so that not all the different whites' get erased... Would be very greatful if anyone can help me with this problem.. Have also created some text and have added a drop shadow.. is there any way to get the drop shadow to be another colour than grey (i.e. green, pink, blue).. , When you're in the drop shadow layer style options, the portion labeled Blend Mode and the drop down box shows multiply, right next to is is a black color chip. Click on that and choose to your heart's content.
outlining color text in black   (188 Views)
, how do you outline color text in black
HELP with layers toolbar..... Animated glittering text   (126 Views)
Okidoki....... I'm fairly new with photoshop.. i have photoshop 6.0 and I was trying to follow a tutorial on how to make glittering animated text (or images) and *I know this sounds dumb* but I accidentally got out of the layers toolbar i guess it was, and i can't get it back. Or rather i don't know how. You know... how there's toolbars for color and stuff on the right, i got out of the layers toolbar and need it back. It's a little confusing to make the animated text with layers etc. Basically i was adding *noise* in one layer and adding noise in another layer but with a different number. I was supposed to click on the image ready button and have it be animated but it wasn't working. Anyway... i'd really like my layers toolbar back. can anyone help