SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Strange Photoshop error

, out of the blue when I went to open photoshop i got this strange error (http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...est/psprob.png). I have no idea what this is, photoshop is not open or anything, i tried a system restore and tried upgrading to cs3 but the same thing came up...if anybody could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated...

-fourest

Posted On: Monday 29th of October 2012 06:17:34 AM Total Views:  343
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Very strange Photoshop problem, please help   (142 Views)
! I'm having a problem with photoshop 7.0 which I have not had before. I hope someone might be able to help. When I attempt to scan a photograph with photoshop, using my HP4570C scanner, customs settings is selected and advanced properties opens up for me to adjust brightness and contrast. Picture type is set to Color Picture. When I move the settings for brightness and contrast the thumnail preview shows the adjustment but the actual scan preview and scan itself is always the same. It is as if the brightness and contrast is set at '0'. The scanner is old and the scans I make must be set to a greatly reduced brightness / contrast setting to offset the ' blown out ' heavily bright results. Also getting an odd green tint with scans. Just before this I purchased an HP scanjet G4050. Installed all the software as the scanner would not work otherwise, found using photoshop directly for scans instead of HP software led to horrible scan results. Removed the G4050, uninstalled one of the HP programs, reconnected my old HP4570C, tested the scanner and discovered my new problem. Left all the other HP programs alone as my computer warned me not to if I was going to use an HP4570C. Wasn't sure if it would make a difference as I always use Photoshop software but decided to stop and check in with this forum. Is the solution as simple as reinstalling Photoshop 7.0
Real strange problems with HDR   (85 Views)
First, I am new to PS CS3, I hope this is not a stupid question. I am using Bridge to merge two images into PS as a HDR image. I have done this with multiple images (RAW and TIFF). I am consistently getting screwy results. The image drops almost all detail and a TON of artifacts get dropped in. I am attaching a quick photo which is a brick front of a building. I have read books and searched here but I have not seen such a problem. Can anyone suggest what could be going on
Layer mask doing strange things!   (155 Views)
I made an action to edit my photos and I used layer masks on all of the layers. Well, one of the layers (let's call it layer 1) is acting crazy when I try to edit using the layer mask. I can paint back just fine at first. However, when I click on another layer and then come back to layer 1, the mask no longer works and when I paint it just paints a color onto the layer. I am so frustrated and have no clue why this is happening or how to fix it. Any suggestions
Gaussian blur effect creates strange lines?   (84 Views)
So I wanted to make a background with some shading, I used gaussian blur at 250, and some lines appeared, as if in some low res photo. Sometimes this get really bad. I wonder what causes this, is there a way to use a lot of blur without getting these lines
CS3; doing very strange things...   (96 Views)
In Bridge, I have a portrait orientation shot that I want marked, and I hit "8" for the green label and it changes the orientation to landscape, every time! Huh CS2 never did that... How supremely irritating! Can anyone make it stop Phil
Something strange happened with my fonts!   (93 Views)
Something very odd happened yesterday, I have a lot of fonts, around 3.500 alltogether, only about 1.500 are loaded in the windows font folder, the rest are stored in another folder on desktop called master fonts (along with master actions etc etc. I just load the ones I need by dropping them in the windows fonts folder when I need a particular one. Yesterday I thought it might be a good idea to back them all up to CD. Before doing it I thought it might be usefull to have the original default windows fonts folder in there just in case I ever want to reset it (unlightly but you never know) so I copied the fonts folder from another PC, also windows xp which has just been installed and so was the original set, put it in the master fonts set made my cd, no problems. Then it all started to get strange, next time I opened PS CS and went to use text I only had the original windows fonts, thinking CS was picking up the default fonts folder I deleted it (I'd only put it in for the cd) but still I only had the original fonts. I checked the windows font folder, all my extra fonts were still there, now I was getting baffled, even stranger when I opened up a text in CS now I had a preview of the font in use, which I have never had before. In the end I had to do a system restore to cure it Any ideas what on earth happened, how come PS couldn't see the windows font folder even after I deleted the default one, and where did the preview come from (thats gone now sadly) I'm baffled. Wayne
strange reoccuring ps7 crashes, please help   (82 Views)
i really need help with this problem, its ruining my experiencee with ps7 and i'm becomming desperate. I reinstalled dozens of times and tried deleting the ps preferences file to have it reset them, but this error still comes up. My problem is that after ps7 (i've upgraded to 7.0.1) is loaded, everything works fine, but when i try to maximise the window of an image i'm working on this causes ps7 to crash. Its reoccuring and happens everytime i try to maximise an image window in photoshop. To give a better picture of my problem i took a screenshot of my latest crash... Can anyone help me please
HELP ! Very strange thing   (70 Views)
hello , i'm using ps cs and what happens is that i can't apply lightning effects or lens flare to any document ... it is so strange since i had those options but i no longer have them ... so i tried an older version of ps ( 6 ) and it happens all the same ! any ideas for this problem
Something strange happened with my fonts!   (75 Views)
Something very odd happened yesterday, I have a lot of fonts, around 3.500 alltogether, only about 1.500 are loaded in the windows font folder, the rest are stored in another folder on desktop called master fonts (along with master actions etc etc. I just load the ones I need by dropping them in the windows fonts folder when I need a particular one. Yesterday I thought it might be a good idea to back them all up to CD. Before doing it I thought it might be usefull to have the original default windows fonts folder in there just in case I ever want to reset it (unlightly but you never know) so I copied the fonts folder from another PC, also windows xp which has just been installed and so was the original set, put it in the master fonts set made my cd, no problems. Then it all started to get strange, next time I opened PS CS and went to use text I only had the original windows fonts, thinking CS was picking up the default fonts folder I deleted it (I'd only put it in for the cd) but still I only had the original fonts. I checked the windows font folder, all my extra fonts were still there, now I was getting baffled, even stranger when I opened up a text in CS now I had a preview of the font in use, which I have never had before. In the end I had to do a system restore to cure it Any ideas what on earth happened, how come PS couldn't see the windows font folder even after I deleted the default one, and where did the preview come from (thats gone now sadly) I'm baffled. Wayne
Something strange   (126 Views)
I'm a little freaked out by this but I made an animation for a friend using imagready and sent it to him by email as gif.I lost the animation after time and needed it for reference so I downloaded the gif from the site he hosted his sig on,when I looked in my pictures,the file extention was jpg which confused me as I did'nt remember saving it as jpeg,and when I clicked on file properties it said file type JPG,but it animates in window picture and fax viewer and on imageshack,so my question is how can this jpg animateI still have the file as proof and I have not used java to make it animate,I simply saved it from a website it was hosted on. Can someone please explain how this is possible Btw the file will not open in imageready nor photoshop.I get an error when I try to open it.
New to slicing; strange problem with table   (131 Views)
I created a simple site layout with navigation tabs on either side of the primary content area. Something along the lines of this: Logo||||||||||||||||| |nav| (content) |nav| |nav| (content) |nav| |nav| (content) |nav| |nav| (content) |nav| The site wasn't as hard to create as I first anticipated, however I ran into a problem. The layout looks great as long as content in the primary table cell (inbetween my two nav bars, and below the site banner) remains within the guidelines of the layout. If content is longer than the layout the entire table is stretched vertically so that there are gaps between each navigation button. Logo||||||||||||||||| |nav| (content) |nav| _____ (content) _____ |nav| (content) |nav| _____ (content) _____ |nav| (content) |nav| _____ (content) _____ |nav| (content) |nav| _____ (content) _____ _____ (content) _____ _____ (content) _____ _____ (content) _____ There will be a lot of data printed to the primary cell so this will be a common occurance. Can I code around this without using I-Frames
strange going ons with blending modes   (70 Views)
Having a problem with blending options. when i have a layer with blending options, say bevel and emboss and i change the direction of the shadow, it changes all other layers which has blending options, i can not isolate the effect just to that layer, can any one help.
need proper advise and guidence about photoshop.   (104 Views)
Guys am currently use Adobe fireworks cs5 and very good with it. but according to the local designing job requirement Photoshop is necessary. So i decided to learn photoshop. i obtain a copy of photoshop cs4 middle east. and have no idea how to use it. Now am here to ask you please suggest me the topics i need to learn about web designing and template designing. am ready to spend 14 hours on learning photoshop. and have less time probably 1 weak or less to apply new job. so what i need to learn first. tell me basic and intermediate topics. i google it for learning. please help.
Creating a font in photoshop   (93 Views)
, I was wondering if it is possible to create a font in photoshop. I would like to take an existing font and apply effects to it (gradient, dropshadow etc) and export it as some type of font. Either .fnt (bitmap) or ttf would be preferable. If this is not possible in PS does anyone know of a good program to use
Adding fonts in photoshop CS   (88 Views)
How can i add fonts in Photoshop CS, something like from this site High Fonts .com - Download Free Fonts - Buy Commercial Fonts
photoshop cs4 to cs4 extended upgrade.   (101 Views)
ive got photoshop cs4 and what i would like to know if i can install photoshop cs4 extended upgrade rather than pay for the full edition of cs4 extended which is a lot of of money. the cs4 extended upgrade is half the price but will it be compatible with my photoshop cs4. regards phil
get abs using photoshop...plzzzzzz urgent   (104 Views)
I wanna create abs using photoshop.......can sum1 provide a detailed tutorial on how to create abs using photoshop thanxxxx
can some one do me a photoshop favour? plz   (133 Views)
here is my mk1 golf can someone photoshop it and put a tyre on it and change the background so its on the ground or road or something so i can see how it will look please
photoshop error   (89 Views)
memoey could not be allocated for the activation process plz close all application and try again .. when open my photoshop cs8 i m getting above error plz help me...
photoshop cs 2 and cs 4 keep crashing copy/paste/move   (77 Views)
hi ! i have an i7 ,evgax58 mobo, 6 gig ram ,1000 watt power supply and radeon hd 4870 video card , i mainly do 3d with my system . Now for no apparent reasons and no specific updates or install , my photoshop cs 2 crashes on my almost everytime i copy paste and move a part on an image ( fairly big about 2 k but nothing overboard) so i installed a cs 2 again thinking i was corrupted. same thing... so i thought i had a bad version for some reason even though i used this version since forever... So i installed cs4 , bam, same thing !!! im really stuck in a rut, tryied booting , running only photoshop nothing else.. install , reinstall.. im running out of ideas , please people, can anybody help !! thanks a lot ! luis , OH MAN! i love you!!! i was getting mad with this bug and couldn't not find out what it was, i've been in this situation for months and months! I would never associate the problema with JDownloader thank you!!!! Originally Posted by zeroberto I've found the cause. It was strange, because after restart of the system everything worked fine. Then I started to run programs one by one and tried the copy/paste/move procedure after each started app. On this way I found out that the problem is with Java based program called jDownloader. Since I closed it Photoshop runs just fine! Increasing the memory in Photoshop doesn't help, I guess then it is a bug in jDownloader. But thanks iDad anyway!