SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Removing, or toning down, or adjusting colors in Photoshop

Hi again !

I request your help once again. I've been working on a render, but what prevents me from finishing it is the fact that there is this incongruous, bluish white highlight in the subject of my render's hair. I want to fix it so I can remove the blue and white highlight, and have that area match the rest of her hair, but I'm not sure how to go about this. Attached is a pic of what I'm working on, with a yellow line around the area I want to fix. Any pointers and tips given to me on how to fix this part of her hair would be greatly appreciated.

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:55:33 AM Total Views:  2417
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Can't drag working window back down.....what can I do?   (234 Views)
The image windows are somehow going up to high and then I can't grab the tops of them with the mouse/arrow tool to slide then back into the middle of the page. Can someone help me figure out how to bring the working image back down
Looking for ideas for removing mesh   (210 Views)
, I am rather new to photoshop, but have been going through as many online tutorials as possible and am quite comfortable with layers, masks/selections and most of the photoshop basics. I am trying to touch up some photos that were taken in front of an intersting backdrop. And by 'interesting' i mean made of mesh. I've tried using the gausian blur, and some cloning/healing to limited success. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about how to remove the mesh in this photo I have about 10 or 15 more to do, so the less tedious the better!
Strange Photoshop error   (220 Views)
, out of the blue when I went to open photoshop i got this strange error (http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...est/psprob.png). I have no idea what this is, photoshop is not open or anything, i tried a system restore and tried upgrading to cs3 but the same thing came up...if anybody could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated... -fourest
Error message "required resources not found" Argh!   (266 Views)
, I'm at my wits end with a sudden Photoshop CS2 error I'm getting on my Mac running OS X Tiger. An error message pops up when I try to do virtually anything in Photoshop, particularly when I mouse over an value-entry field in a pallette, for example the Character pallette which has fields for font size, width, ledding, etc. Could not complete your request because the required resources were not found. Here's the error message I always get: "Could not complete your request because the required resources were not found." Usually when I have an error, I can find someone else on the net who has experienced it, and use their fix. But I have yet to find anyone with this error in any forum. Anyone have a guess as to what I could do to fix it Adobe's site is a mess, so I'm not posting there. But I've already tried trashing prefs, re-installing Photoshop, running Disk Utility, etc. None of the usual tricks are working with this one.
PS CS to PS CS 2 !   (185 Views)
Hi just gonna upgrade from PS CS to PS CS 2 , the ultimate new version, so I want to save all settings/ styles/ etc. so what's the great method to do this
How to change the color of the background used for buttons on the web.   (197 Views)
I am in the dark ages with photoshop 7 but it should do basic stuff like this.. I am trying to change the color of the background used for the buttons, however it is set on a partial invisible background.. it is fully rectangular but shaped so that the visible part is not exactly rectangular. when I tried to change the color, the entire bar including the invisible part chaged color. Can someone help me with this to get on the right path.. I have included the psd and the actual image.. I want to go from black to dark blue #000086 any help in changing the color or giving me tips on how to do it with the psd would be greatly appreciated.
HELP!!! GIFs & Transparency in PS 9   (197 Views)
For the love of sweet Jesus and all that is holy in heaven and under the blue sky above! I have been searching what is commonly referred to as the "inter net" for about three CONSECUTIVE days now -- I mean I haven't slept or eaten. WHY in the world would I do such a thing Well... to put it simply: BECAUSE NO WHERE ON THIS GOD FORSAKEN WEB are there any tutorials for creating TRANSPARENCY for GIFs in PHOTOSHOP CS:2. After hours of searching I've all but given up hope. I keep trying every godforsaken thing I can and re-reading all the tutorials written for photoshop 5 and 6, and even the help files and online tutorials that adobe provides. NONE OF THE ABOVE have provided me with any REAL step by step information on how to successfully produce results. For the love of sweet jesus will someone help me!! I'm at my wits end right now, and the insanity of this post should attest to that. Well, considering this post probably won't get any answers, I'm going to bed. Or to jump off a cliff. Whichever I manage to find first.
Crop into several pieces help pls.   (192 Views)
How do I crop a photo into several pieces like a puzzle. It doesn't matter what shape the pieces are, so long as they will all fit together again. When I use the crop tool, it takes one piece and deletes the rest... Somebody told me to make a duplicate image and crop that way, but how will I know I'm cropping in the right place
Free-hand drawing and fixing "squiggles."   (187 Views)
undefinedundefinedundefined ! I would like to know if there is a way to draw free-hand in photo shop, and if so, which tool do I use I'd also like to know if there is a way to "fix" lines and curves. For example, if you take a pencil and draw an image free-hand, it's nearly impossible to get straight, unless you're a brilliant artist or use a ruler. If I drew and image, scanned it and opened it in Photo shop, is there a way or tool or something I could use clean up the lines, make them straighter (without the squiggles) and make certain lines broader or thiner
Problems with Image ready rollovers.   (202 Views)
Ive tried to setup some rollovers with image ready by following a tutorial. They work fine when I preview them in the browser but once uploaded fail to work properly. When the mouse is moved over the link I get image boxes opening above and below the link but with no image in them. I have also noticed that Image ready has imported many of the graphics files with names such as Index_7-Index_14_over.gif so the file is not only the slice for Index 7 but the over gif as well. Im not sure what I am doing wrong but here is the page to show what I mean. I have redone the slices and rollover effects three times but still cannot see where I am going wrong. Look here
Logo font edges   (203 Views)
I am working on a logo that I want to be printed on business cards. I thought that by designing it in Illustrator I that it would come out crisp and clean. But everytime I import the image into Microsoft Word 2002 and print it the logo is slightly blurred. I tried saving it in several formats and still I get the same blurry edges. Any solutions
General PS question   (200 Views)
I just went back to college and I'm getting a bachelor of fine arts, computer imaging degree. Will traditional art classes like drawing, painting, and sculpture help me in PS The degree also specializes in indesign and publisher.
How can i insert an image on an airplane that is in .tga format??   (192 Views)
I am making a paint scheme for realflight g3..and i would like to be able to take a jpg picture and put it on the wing of the plane .but i cant seem to figure it out..Any help would be appreciated
NEED URGENT HELP - Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Out of memory even with 1.4GIG RAM installed   (205 Views)
I need this repaired ASAP. I must do some editing for a client and I am now in trouble if I don't get this fixed ASAP. I just don't get this! I had 512megs of memory and occassionally had out of memory issues in photoshop. So I spent $100+ to get 1 GIG more and now with a total 1.46GIG's of RAM installed and I STILL get the famous error "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)" In fact, I am getting MORE out of memory errors in photoshop with 2X more RAM than I started with.. I originaly had the default 50% ram given to adobe.. and then tried 75% and still get the errors 90% of the time. I checked windowsXP Task Manager Processes and indicates that photoshop is using no more than approx 300-400megs of ram with approx 1010megs being given to photoshop, YET according to Processes, photoshop.exe is only using between 41MEGS - 400megs.. Processes claims a Commit Charge of "2244M/2688M" HELP!!! Adobe recommends 384Megs of ram.. If that is the case, HOW can I be running out of memory if I have 1.4 GIGS Cache is set to 1.. I've tried up to 9.. The computer: CPU: Pentium 3.0 GHz RAM: 1.46GIGs
Cant erase the Hue Layer   (208 Views)
I have been erasing the hue layers when i do specific pictures when i want the backround to be a different hue than the foreground. And i would select the hue layer, and just use the erase tool and it would remove that specific hue in that area... Well now i will not do that anymore. I must have checked some box on accident or somthing. when i select the eraser tool and the hue layer, it shows the eraser circle on the picture, but it will not erase anything... please help
Put Hair in a bald guy   (202 Views)
hi, i need to put some hair in a bold's guy image, my teacher told me to do it by painting one by one, with a 1px brush, but i think there should be an easier way to do it anybody can help me
Question on brushes.   (201 Views)
Is there a way to make a brush do a squiggly line instead of using the pen tool and try to add anchors and move them I'm trying this for a project.
Wrapping text around a sphere   (193 Views)
. Have a problem I need pointers on, not exactly expert stuff so I've placed it here. Before I elaborate, here's the object in question I'm trying to find a quick way to realistically wrap text onto the surface of this sphere, and initial experiments in CS2 with the Arc warp and some perspective finangling have proved below expectations. Thoughts
Remove background from an image   (193 Views)
Hi I work in the digital retouching industry and would like some help from other experts. I Sometimes get an image of a women with very wavy hair on a difficult background and have trouble removing her and putting her on another background. I have tried and tested fluid mask and ultimate knockout which are good if the background is very simple but very poor if its alot of dark colors that are like the hair. What techniques or programs do you get the best results from.
Be gentle, I'm a pathetic Newbie   (216 Views)
I'm a 'non traditional' college student in a graphic arts class, and already I'm driving myself and my professor nuts with a problem I am having with a PS project I've already spent days trying to figure out. I have a photo of a landscape that I took in 'portrait' mode. I've stretched it out so that I can print it in 'landscape' mode. I have it stretched, using the pixel aspect under "Image" to 1.75 (custom), and it displays on the PS screen just the way I want it. I've changed all the settings in the Image size to 8"H x 11"W, and went to 'PrintPreview' and changed settings there, as suggested by my Prof. I've deselected Constraints. However, when it comes out of the printer its back to the original format! yikes!!
Is this a PS filter or simply an original illustration?   (207 Views)
If this is simply the work of a photoshop filter, I'd love to know the technique. Anyone have any info on how this was done
Photoshop CS4 crashing on school network   (194 Views)
please help me i am at my wits end with CS4. I am a photography teacher at a secondary school in England. Over the summer holidays the school network has been updated to RMCC 4 and I was asssured this would make photoshop run much smoother. Unfortunately we now have an intermittent fault where Photoshop decides to crash when students are working causing them to lose all their work. I spend most lessons running around trying to solve ICT issues rather than teach them. The problem occurs largely when they are using laptops but also whenever they go to print. A message pops up in windows 7 that says photoshop has found a problem with two options to search the internet and shut the program or to just shut the program. Either option obviously results in the program shutting down and all work being lost. The machine specs meet all the requirements I am now expert and the schools ICT technician is out of his depth in regards to this problem. Please help Ben
How to clean up a jagged drawing   (190 Views)
I have a drawing that I want to edit in photo shop. I need to clean up the edges, make them sharp, crisp and more detailed. I'm using an older version; Adobe Photoshop CS2. You can see the attached. I'm curiuos what techniques can be used.
Can't open CR2 files in CS3 after recovery from a memory card deletion, help please!   (202 Views)
I accidentally deleted some photos from a memory card. I recovered them using software called "Recover My Files". This software recovered the files but now I can't open them in CS3. I took these with an old Canon Rebel DSLR and they should not need converting, they opened fine before I deleted them. Any advice much appreciated. I really need these photos.
Screen mode help   (239 Views)
is it possible to move up the screen somewhat like shown in the image i'm using cs3.