SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Error message "required resources not found" Argh!

, I'm at my wits end with a sudden Photoshop CS2 error I'm getting on my Mac running OS X Tiger. An error message pops up when I try to do virtually anything in Photoshop, particularly when I mouse over an value-entry field in a pallette, for example the Character pallette which has fields for font size, width, ledding, etc. Could not complete your request because the required resources were not found. Here's the error message I always get:

"Could not complete your request because the required resources were not found."

Usually when I have an error, I can find someone else on the net who has experienced it, and use their fix. But I have yet to find anyone with this error in any forum. Anyone have a guess as to what I could do to fix it Adobe's site is a mess, so I'm not posting there. But I've already tried trashing prefs, re-installing Photoshop, running Disk Utility, etc. None of the usual tricks are working with this one.

Posted On: Monday 29th of October 2012 06:17:43 AM Total Views:  400
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Transform error?   (236 Views)
I tried to transform a rasterized layer with layer mask filled with gradient on it and....... what
Another OOB - Out Of Bounds pic some errors   (211 Views)
Here is my latest attempt at an out of bounds image.. I don't understand why the lines of the photo are jagged... I did this rather quick but I am a little confused about the jagged lines... which by frustration left me leaving the image as is. Any ideas as to why this happened I had made a rectangle and did a fill and deleted the inner part.. then when I transformed it I made sure to hold the shift key to keep it correct.. any ideas on how I could have avoided this
Where can I report an error in Photoshop to Adobe?   (128 Views)
In version 7 of PS/Win I discovered an error which I have tried to report to Adobe. I haven't been able to find an actual error reporting formular on Adobe.com, but have sent in the report via a "feature request" kind of formular. Since I have never received an answer and since the error have not been corrected yet, I presume I have posted the report to the wrong people. THE ERROR I haven't been able to find anything about this error on the internet, so maybe it's still not known in the PS community Well, it's about renaming layers which position is not locked. If you use either CTRL to move the cursor to the next word of the layer name or CTRL-SHIFT to mark a word then the contents of the layer is moved. PS thinks you're still working on the layer and switches to the move mode when the CTRL button is held down. I think the error is quite "dangerous" because you don't always notice that the contents of the layer is moving - after all you are renaming a layer name and not painting away on your layer. --
import video frames error: white layers   (119 Views)
I've been searching around for the last hour or so and can seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to import an AVI video file into PS CS3 as layers. Every time I try, I just get a bunch of white layers (accompanied by the audio from the movie). Any suggestions
Jpeg conversion error message   (146 Views)
I have a flattened RGB 8bit 280mb PSD file and when I try to convert to a jpeg I get a program error message. Any ideas Help
disk error   (116 Views)
I'm very new to Photoshop so I hope this isn't a stupid question. While working in Photoshop (on a MacIntosch), I try to save a project on one of my hard drives and get an error message that reads "can not save project because there is a disk error". But when I save the project to my desktop, there is no error message. Am I having a problem with Photoshop or is my problem more likely something with my hard drive.
C++ runtime error when printing to Epson 9600   (186 Views)
I have a problem when printing to my Epson 9600 printer using photoshop. Whenever I tried a .psd file, it would come back with a "C++ Runtime Error" message. Can someone please help me with the problem
Photoshop detect an error in my display driver   (83 Views)
My display driver is up to date But I don't understand why Photoshop keep detecting an error I've been uninstalling and reinstalling many times but it doesn't work. I can't use Lighting Effects and 3D now. Can anyone help me
HDR toning error???   (110 Views)
i know, ironic if you've been following previous posts. but basically yesterday my HDR toning adjustment butt was working PERFECTLY and i mean nothing in the world was wrong apart from it being so slow XD but that's my laptop today, i got this when i pressed it: Error 48: file or Folder does not exist. Line: 11 ->$.evalFile(G_stackscriptfolderpath+"stacksupport. jsx") what's up with that i haven't gone near my photoshop folder in donkeys and i swear if ubuntu has decided to randomly delete files i haven't asked it to i'm going to go mad!
error in photoshop, help me please!   (121 Views)
I am trying to highlight a certain area of an image to extract it. This is my first day on photoshop so I'm sure the solution is quite simple...I just don't get it. I took a screenshot of the image (attached) (I am using CS5)
Could not complete the Save As command because of a program error   (112 Views)
After CS3 got installed, it is connected with the inability of photoshop saving a given file. (Although in my experience, it actually does save the file, but does not recognise this and subsequently keeps on telling the user that the file could not be saved due to a program error. "Could not complete the Save As command because of a program error" Is there a fix for this Can anyone please help
Photoshop scratch disc error (Was: Help needed plzzz (do have a look))   (110 Views)
hi well i have recently started using adobe photoshop hmm may be month at first when i was working in it with the pics it was noral but nowadays when ecer i a working off with pics and choose to transform the pic sometimes it does ad sometimes it gives me an error saying"could not transform because the scratch disks are full" URL i dont know what the problem with it and when the error comes i also do hve problme for saving my pic it doesnt allow me do so it again gives me error saying sumthing like program error oh one more thing i use adobe photoshop 6.0 plzzz someone do help me with this
Got an error, help please   (88 Views)
I'm a long time photoshop user, use it every chance I get. But today I tried using the cloud tool and I got this error: "Could not complete the clouds command because of program error." Everything else is working fine. I tried resetting the computer and still nothing. Help please.
error   (106 Views)
does anyone got the same problem as me
Photoshop 'file already open' error?   (80 Views)
Hi I hope somebody out there can help me with this, because it's driving me mad. Every now and again, Photoshop refuses to SAVE an image, saying it's already in use by another process. I have to Save As.. a different filename, and completely restart my computer before it lets me delete the older version. Sometimes it won't let me delete even then - I have some files that I've had around for a while that refuse to delete - 'in use by another process', even when Photoshop isn't running. I'm using a mirrored RAID array in Windows XP. I appreciate this may not be (in fact, probably isn't) purely a Photoshop problem, but I don't get an error while saving with any other app, and I'm at a loose end.
Photoshop error message!!!   (78 Views)
I have cretaed an image in CS2 and transferred it to imageready. However, when I preview the document in IE it pops up an error box stating "the background image path for this document is invalid". Does anyone know what this means or better still, why it happened
Photoshop initialization error message   (78 Views)
HI all, first time poster looking for some advice! I have just had to replace my motherboard due to capacitor problems and since the new motherboard and format I can't get ps7 to open! I keep getting the error message: "Could not initialize Photoshop because there is not enough memory (RAM)." I am running xp on an athlon 2000+processor with an 80gig hard drive which is barely used, total physical memory 1,024.00 mb available physical memory 746.00 mb total virtual memory 2 gb available virtual memory 1.96 gb I have uninstalled and reinstalled ps 2 times now and it makes no difference! Any ideas
Could not create a new document because of program error.   (159 Views)
Whenever I try to create a new document from which to work, I get the topic header error: "Could not create a new document because of program error." Has anyone else ever encountered this problem If so, what did you do to fix I have re'installed, trashed preferences, ran disk doctor, etc...nothing has helped. Of course, I may have missed some preferences that need to be trashed, but I checked all libraries. I am using P'shop 7.0, in Mac OSX Panther, and only encountered this problem upon installing a scanner driver (which I have removed/trashed). This is extremely weird, and frustrating.
photoshop error   (131 Views)
memoey could not be allocated for the activation process plz close all application and try again .. when open my photoshop cs8 i m getting above error plz help me...
Strange Photoshop error   (475 Views)
, out of the blue when I went to open photoshop i got this strange error (http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...est/psprob.png). I have no idea what this is, photoshop is not open or anything, i tried a system restore and tried upgrading to cs3 but the same thing came up...if anybody could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated... -fourest