SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

SQL Server error '80040e14'

I'm getting the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Column "vw_infoweby.Last_Name" is invalid in the ORDER BY clause because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.

With this script:

SQL Server error '80040e14'

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM vw_inforweby WHERE web_confirmed ='y' AND grade desc in ('1', '2', '3')

Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 02:51:24 AM Total Views:  153
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Hosting SQL 7 databse on SQL 2000 server   (227 Views)
I had a working sql 7database, which I eventually hosted on a sql 2000 server. I now find that some of my tables have gone missing. Please let me know if I have to do anything specific to my sql 7 database before hosting on the sql 2000 server
Cannot Connect to Analysis server   (202 Views)
Server instalation: MSFT Sql Server 2K (SP3) Analysis Server (SP1) Client instalation: Analysis Manager (MDAC 8.0) Client user is a member of group OLAP Administrator When i try to connect from client (Analysis Manager) to Analysis Server over LAN i get this message: Cannot connect to Analysis Server Network error. Can anyone help me
probelm with asp and sql 2000 server   (205 Views)
hi, help needed!!!! i want to connect SQL with ASP using connection string .how to install sql 2000 server on windows xp professional edition .
sql server 2000 on win2k VS 2k3 problem   (354 Views)
Hi all, I'm running into a problem that has me absolutely stumped. In my environment, we have 3 locations, and thus 3 file servers and 3 sql servers. 2 of these locations are on 2k advanced, and the third is on 2003 server. The problem i'm having is involving an ASP script. To make a lot of code short, -asp page passes in vars to a store procedure -stored procedure populates a temp table and uses a sysobjects temp table as well -temp table is then joined to a View In the view lies the problem. in alter mode, it looks like this: Code: ALTER view dbo.vw_DSHistory_1 as select top 100 percent datepart(hour,calltime) as HourOfCall, cast(left(callTime,11) as datetime) as DayOfCall, agent, reason, finishcode, resultcode, status, c.job_name from SJ4005_CallHistory as h join SJ4005 as c on h.i3_rowID = c.i3_rowID where calltime between '08/03/2004 8:00:00' and '08/03/2004 23:59:59' order by cast(left(callTime,11) as datetime), datepart(hour,calltime) The dates and 'SJ4005' is a dynmaically written view passed in vars to the store procedure. Code: insert into @tempResults (fields) --values in a select: select . . . . from vw_DSHistory_1 h group by h.Job_Name, h.DayOfCall, h.HourOfCall order by h.DayOfCall, h.HourOfCall, h.Job_Name This all works 100% on two of our servers. word for word copy paste onto our 3rd, on 2k3, and the view is not updating the variable fields. Is there a setting im missing does 2k3 have some kind of permission issue with passing a var from more than one thing (asp -> sp -> vw)
Differenec between access & sql server   (218 Views)
I know and have worked with MS Access for over 3 years now. Just would like to know if there is very much difference between MS Access and SQL Server. Are they similiar or are they completely different. In terms of designing forms, reports, sql. Appreciate some feed back and also where I could view or look at sql server.
two servers 1 being remote   (297 Views)
There is a remote server being set up that is a database (sql2K) This server will store paths to its folders containing scanned images (images around 250k each) I have a website that has a calendar of events, the user of the calendar can have the ability to select supporting documents for the event they create on the calendar (so the calendar event needs a link to the documents on the other server. The website is fully under a ssl key and the remote db server is not. I don't was to inconvience users / give up security by having them click a link to load files from an unsecure location. How would it be best to keep the security of the ssl and create a link from the secure web calendar of events to unsecure supporting documents on another server. When the user uses the calendar of events, since it is dynamic, the users login information is passed along so the user views their information. This is what i was thinking, would it be possible to pass the users Login information to a store procedure in remote server (which would only be listening for the web servers ip address) THis procedure would then pass back to the website (at a different ip) the urls to the images. My main issue is avoiding the security prompts created from importing unsecure info and clicking a link to unsecure info FROM a secured. Any suggestions on how i can do this
Text data type in sql server   (224 Views)
hi , can any one tell me how "text" data type is used in sql server especially in writing stored procedures.
MS sql server to MS access   (261 Views)
my web system ( asp code ) is build in sql server database. After i change or convert to access database. my web system got an error ( Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E07) Data type mismatch in criteria expression. ) pls help me and tell me why this happen and how to solve it.
Creating Table With Programming in server   (215 Views)
hi I restored my database in my server but as I heard I should create My tables with programming and put them in db folder to make them known for server But I dont know how to do that Becouse in my own PC with IIS I just create them in SQLSERVER and there was no problem please help and guide me tanx
help....can't even install SQL server in XP!   (275 Views)
Hi all, i need help for the installation.. SQL server 2000 gave me the error "The logon account cannot be validated for the SQL service . Verify that the user name and password entered are correct. The logon attempt failed." I used my windows XP administrator account username and password .. why it won't allowed me to install using a Domain user account instead of the local system account The funny thing is that i did installed SQL server before but the SQL server service cannot be logon when i tried to use it..so i reformatted my HD. Please help.....i do not wish to reformat my HD again or use the local system account during the installation. Local System account vs Domain User account.. which is better
SQL server Reporting services   (344 Views)
I have generated reports using SQL server reporting services 2000. I need to put a print button in the report tool bar which will prints the content displayed in the report(only the report content). Can any body tell me how to enable the print option in the tool bar.
SQL server DSN   (213 Views)
hello, how to setup SQL server DSN in windows XP
SQL server remote connection error   (310 Views)
I am getting this error when I execute a query on a remote server. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionCheckForData (CheckforData()). [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]General network error. Check your network documentation. Connection Broken This only happens when my query is run between these dates '5/1/2003' '5/30/2003' The query returs an extended cost- I have checked the totals for that quarter is over 1900000.00 If I run for the first quarter of this year the total is just under 1800000.00 and it executes fine. here is my query SELECT TOP 15 t.description, Amount = CASE WHEN t.Extcost_priceUSD IS NULL THEN 0 ELSE t.Extcost_priceUSD END FROM ( SELECT DISTINCT a.description, (SELECT sum(d.Extcost_priceUSD) FROM POS_DataTable d WHERE d.description = a.description AND d.ship_date >= '5/1/2003' AND d.ship_date = '5/1/2003' AND ship_date
relocating datafile in sql server   (355 Views)
hi could any one please tell me how to relocate datafile in sql server TIA Anand
Intellisense in SQL server 2008   (235 Views)
Hi when I use my adventureworks database tables for running my test queries my IntelliSense works fine but when I connect to our network database servers and try to run any queries there is no IntelliSense which makes it little uneasy to type the full table names Is there a way i can get the inteliisense working on my network database servers
Transferring SQL Server database to host server   (255 Views)
, I have created a web site with SQL server 2005 express database using visual studio 2008 c# asp.net. I have tested the application on my local host and its all working fine. However I moved it over to the host server by simply copying all .mdf and .ldf files using ftp. I then tested it there and I get the error below: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Is there anything I was suppose to do to the database before publishing it Would be very grateful for any ideas.
SQL server 2000 -- Dummy table creation   (248 Views)
hi, In a stored procedure i have created dummy table.I have used some conditions and i have displayed some results.EG:200 records are displayed. But i need to insert those 200 records in the dummy table which is created in the same stored procedure as in the above i have mentioned. i am posting the procedure i have created.... please any one help me .........it's urgent......... /* create by : Mogy Date : 03/01/2007 Last Modified By : Venkatesh Last Modified Date : 14- Mar -07 To Search similar Diamond for a Diamond in stud */ CREATE PROCEDURE p_diamondsearch_stud_Earring_test ( @LowPrice varchar(50)= '100', @HeighPrice varchar(50)= '1000000', @Cut1 varchar(20)='' , @Cut2 varchar(20)='' , @Shape varchar(50) = '0', @Weight1 varchar(6) = '0', @Weight2 varchar(6) = '0', @ColorLow varchar(50) , @ColorHeigh varchar(50), @ClarityLow varchar(50), @ClarityHeigh varchar(50), @OrderBy varchar(50)='catalognr', @SortOrder varchar(10)='ASC' ) AS BEGIN create table #Diamonds1 ( partno1 varchar(30),color1 varchar(10),weight1 varchar(10),cut1 varchar(10),clarity1 varchar(10),length1 varchar(10),depth1 varchar(10),width1 varchar(10),sell1 varchar(10),LWRatio1 varchar(20),polish1 varchar(10),symmtry1 varchar(10),lab varchar(10) ) declare @StrSQL varchar(5000), @tablevar int SET @StrSQL = '' SET @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' SELECT D.partno as partno1,D.color as color1,D.weight as weight1 ,D.cut as cut1 ,D.clarity as clarity1 ,D.length as lenght1,D.depth as depth1,D.width as width1 ,D.sell as sell1 ,LWRatio1 = (D.length/D.width), D.polish as polish1 ,D.symmetry as symmtry1,D.lab as lab' SET @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' FROM product_diam D where (D.catalognr = ''1025'' or D.catalognr = ''1027'') AND D.New_Release=''N'' AND (D.qtyoh - D.qtycom) > 0 and D.cut > 0 and D.avail ''T'' and (D.below_standard = 0) --and D.partno D.partno ' if len(@LowPrice) > 0 and len(@HeighPrice) > 0 Begin Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND (D.sell ) BETWEEN ' + @LowPrice + ' AND ' + @HeighPrice End if len(@Cut1) > 0 and len(@Cut2) > 0 Begin Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND D.cut BETWEEN '+ @Cut1 + 'AND ' + @Cut2 -- Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND P.cut BETWEEN '+ @Cut1 + 'AND ' + @Cut2 End if len(@Shape)>0 Begin Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND D.shape = ' + @Shape --Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND P.shape = ' + @Shape End if len(@Weight1) > 0 and len(@Weight2) > 0 Begin --Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND (D.weight) BETWEEN ' + @Weight1 + ' AND ' + @Weight2 Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND (P.weight) BETWEEN ' + @Weight1 + ' AND ' + @Weight2 --Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND (D.weight + P.weight) BETWEEN ' + @Weight1 + ' AND ' + @Weight2 End if len(@ColorLow) > 0 and len(@ColorHeigh) > 0 Begin Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND D.color BETWEEN ''' + @ColorLow + ''' AND ''' + @ColorHeigh + '''' -- Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND P.color BETWEEN ''' + @ColorLow + ''' AND ''' + @ColorHeigh + '''' End if len(@ClarityLow) > 0 and len(@ClarityHeigh) > 0 Begin Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND D.clarity BETWEEN ' + @ClarityLow + ' AND ' + @ClarityHeigh -- Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' AND P.clarity BETWEEN ' + @ClarityLow + ' AND ' + @ClarityHeigh End if len(@OrderBy)>0 Begin if (@OrderBy = 'sell') Begin Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' Order By (D.sell) ' + @SortOrder End else Begin Set @StrSQL = @StrSQL + ' Order By D.' + @OrderBy --+ ',P.'+ @OrderBy + ' ' + @SortOrder end End ***************************** declare @partno1 varchar(5000) declare @color1 varchar(20) declare @clarity1 varchar(20) declare @length1 varchar(20) declare @depth1 varchar(20) declare @width1 varchar(20) declare @sell1 varchar(20) declare @LWRatio1 varchar(20) declare @polish1 varchar(20) declare @symmtry1 varchar(20) declare @lab varchar(20) insert into #Diamonds1 (partno1,color1,weight1,cut1,clarity1,length1,dept h1,width1,sell1,LWRatio1,polish1,symmtry1,lab) values (@partno1,@color1,@weight1,@cut1,@clarity1,@length 1,@depth1,@width1,@sell1,@LWRatio1,@polish1,@symmt ry1,@lab) select * from #Diamonds1 END drop table #Diamonds1 Exec(@StrSQL) --print @StrSQL GO in the procedure i have marked the ***********symbol above procedure is correct it displays nearly 200 records. But i need to insert all records in the #Diamonds1 table.
Problem in runnin asp under sql server (2005)windows authentication.plz help!!   (315 Views)
i want to run asp under sqlserver 2005 windows authentication .for this i have written the connection string as:- set connadmin = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") strpath = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") connstr = "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=PERSONAL-AF5588\SQLEXPRESS;Database=cwcom;Trusted_Connectio n=Yes;" 'connstr="Provider=SQLOLEDB;Trusted_Connection=Yes ;Initial Catalog=cwcom;Data Source=PERSONAL-AF5588\SQLEXPRESS;" connadmin.open(connstr) connadmin.cursorlocation = 3 But the erre is coming as Cannot open database "cwcom" requested by the login. The login failed. plz help me
Delete against linked server   (266 Views)
, I'm having a problem with SQL Server 2000 deleting against a linked server using an Access DB; I've tried the next syntax: Code: DELETE OPENQUERY(myLinkedServer, 'Select * From MyTable') but it returns the next error message Server: Msg 7320, Level 16, State 2 Could not execute query against OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'. The provider could not support a required row lookup interface. The provider indicates that conflicts occurred with other properties or requirements. and using the four part syntax: Code: DELETE FROM MyLinkedServer...MyTable I get the next error: Msg 7345, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 The OLE Database provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" could not delete from table "MyTable". There was a recoverable, provider-specific error, such as an RPC failure. SELECTS works fine btw... How can I fix this Thank you very much in advance.
Advance features of sqlserver2005 over SQL server 2000?   (277 Views)
Can any one list the features .. Thankx..