SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

quick Unicode question

I'm using ASP, coded in UTF-8 and connecting to a SQL Server 2000. If I do an INSERT with a stored proc and set the parameter to nvarchar and the datatype of the column to nvarchar, do I still need to prefix the string with N

N'mystring'

N@mystring

or can I leave the N off and what is stored will still be unicode

Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 02:36:45 AM Total Views:  270
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Some questions   (133 Views)
I would like to ask a very basic question. I installed MSDE 2000. I would like to know the following basic things: 1) After installation, do I need to configure something on MSDE I did was: (1) Control Panel >>> Administrative Tools >>> Local Security Policy >>> Local Policies >>> Security Options >>> Unsigned non-driver installation behavior >>> Silently Succeed (2) I went to Control Panel >>> Administrative Tools >>> Data Sources (ODBC) >>> User DSN >>> Add >>> SQL Server >>> Then I add the Data Source Name + User name + Password 2) I am using Webmatrix (not Visual Studio .Net). Do I need to add the database to the code 3) If my database is in the same folder, is the following code correct or do I need to mention the folder path SqlConnection("server=MyServer;uid=john;pwd=john12 3;database=Northwind") 4) May I know what are the advantages of using SQL against MS Access
DTS Beginner question   (138 Views)
In order to learn how to create some DTS packages I created a text file to transfer to a test table. I added text file and SQL Server connections to my package and a transform data task connecting them. A simple 1-1 transfer of each column worked fine. Then I added some test code to try making modifications during the transfer. The simplest code, for example: Function Main() DTSDestination("streetno") = "50" End Function gives me a type mismatch runtime error on DTSDestination. The streetno column is an integer and furthermore any combination of source/destination columns and data does the same thing. Please help