SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Installing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP Professional.

hi,
I'm trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on a Windows XP Professional.
During Installation, I received this message as shown below:
"Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition server Component is not supported on this operating system. Only client components will be available for installation."
What should I do Is it a must to install the SQL 2000 server on Windows 2000 server

Please help and

Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 09:00:55 PM Total Views:  303
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

SQL server creates 2 records for a single insert SQL query   (295 Views)
The problem is SQL Server produced two records each time a signle insert statement fired up. After the user clicked the submit button in the asp Request form, it will call the do_insert.asp and I have the source code below. For an example, I assigned the data to all variables for testing purposes. The user submitted his personal info with 2 days that he worked overtime. General speaking, one record goes to the table tbl_request and 2 records to tbl_workTime with carrying the request_ID from tbl_request. When do_insert.asp executed it generated 2 records for table tbl_request and 4 records for table tbl_worktime. It didn't happen when I ran the queries from the SQL Query Analyzer. My environment is Win 2K, SQL Server2000, IIS 5.1. The following text is the code and the stored procedure scripts. TIA ============== do_insert.asp begins ===================
Hosting server regional settings in US, I want them in FR-CH !   (156 Views)
My hosting server has American regional settings (dates are mm/jj/yyyy hh:mm:ss XM) and, since I have swiss visitors, I would like to view my dates as jj.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss I could make a function to display it in swiss format, but it would be too long to change everywhere. Is there a possibility to define new regional settings just after the connection string, or something like that Please help, very urgent. http://www.manege-corsier.ch
automated procedure in sql server   (210 Views)
i'm trying to set up a table in sql server that will automatically update based on the date. basically, i want to display a list of dates for a year, given a set interval. when one date passes, i want its status set to inactive, and a new date added with a status of active. i would like this to run every day and check for new dates. do i need to set up a trigger a stored procedure can someone point me in the right direction, and maybe give me some information to check out
SQL server DB and ASP   (188 Views)
Hi all, Here is a strongly ASP related question for you . I have a SQL server database on my host company server. I need to develop an application (ASP based) to let the user update the tables via Internet! I was wondering if it is possible to edit list of records in ASP. to be more specific I need to show an updatable datasheet view of my table! Any hint would be helpful Thank you, Robert Broomandan
Suggestion sql server and ado conn   (199 Views)
I use vb and ado to connect sql server, I need a suggestion to find in a filed with approx 4.500.000 vlaue. I have maked a code with a .find statement or a sql select and where but all are very very slow to find in filed. Urgent please. Tks. Note: i have only a permission on sql server to reading in table not have access directly the server.
Row jumps from 3 to 5 in SQL server 2005 table   (229 Views)
Hi all, Quick question which i hope you can help with I have a table in sql server 2005 that holds a unique number that is auto incremented against all new entries. So, entry 1 is set to the unique key 1, entry 2 is set to 2, entry 3 to 3, but entry 4 to 5. I was was playing about with the database and deleted one of the rows (4) and now the auto incrementing number runs like this: 1 = 1 2 = 2 3 = 3 5 = 4 6 = 5 7 = 6 And now when I want to display the information in my web page using ASP/vbscript to extract the info, the two obviously dont match, is there any way i can resolve this issue so everything is once more in sync Hope this all makes sense, if not please shout. Kind regards MG
Error whilst initializing report server   (189 Views)
After installation, I was told by the wizard that Ineeded to initialize the report server manually... So I went to: http://uacl-sql2/reports It redirects to: http://uacl-sql2/reports/Pages/Folder.aspx And I get the following error: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help The system cannot find the file specified. Does anyone know how to fix this....I have ensured that my Reports folder allows to have full access....so I do not believe it is a security issue Help!
Failed to connect to the server   (156 Views)
s iam using windows server 2003 on my machine and i have installed sqlserver 2000 and my data base is on the that machine. but i dont know how to configure windows server 2003 so that other computers using xp can connect to it since iam running at network of 25 computers. please help and avail me a stepby step approach of how to go about it.
Copy Table Data from one sql server db to another server db.   (178 Views)
Hi Viewers' We've developed small application for a company. The Company Staff data in different db (imagine database name is A). Our application is installed on the company client system with our new database (our database name S). the data will change often in the company database. (i mean A database) i've write like schedule task to get that data every day! please let me know...
Install sql server   (185 Views)
can someone tell me what sql server i need to install on windows vista home premium i had a real rough time installing visual studio 2005 Thank you todd
My question is how to prevent to copy tables and store procedure of sql server 2000   (190 Views)
My question is how to prevent to copy tables and store procedure of sql server 2000 from client/friend's system to another system. Dear Viewers' I developed small web application in .net 2.0 and backend is slq server 2000. I configured web application to my client/friend's systems, just i want to restirct them to copy my sql server 2000 database with password. If it's possible, please help me out in this secanrio. regards mdateeq2003
Download for sql server 2005/   (138 Views)
hi, Does anyone know if there's a problem installing Sql Server 2005 on a XP/Media center edition I can't get it to install on my machine. I'm trying to install sql server 2005 Enterprise Edition.
SQL server array   (203 Views)
i have sp called spViewMobile to whish i am sending a integer as @inUserId i want to execute select * from TableA where Pcode IN ( sql array ) and sql array sholud have vlaues from query select code from TableB where UID = @inUserId please help thnaks in advance
Problem connecting a classic asp to SQLserver 2008 express via IIS7 on win7 64bit   (137 Views)
Problem connecting a classic asp project to SQLserver 2008 express with this query strings: conn = "Driver={SQL Server Native Client 10.0}; Server=.\SQLEXPRESS; Database= database; Trusted_Connection=yes" conn = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=database;UserID=sa;Password=123" conn = "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=.\SQLEXPRESS; Initial Catalog= database;Integrated Security=True;Network Library =dbmssocn" conn = "Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=database;Data Source=(local);" _______________________ RETURNED ERROR: Classic ASP return this error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. _______________________ SQL Server: Authentication: SQL Server and windows authentication mode Im using IIS7 in a win 64bit Do I need a DB user and password in sql DB and querystring is the iis7 win7 64bit ______________________ Note: VB.NET can access with this conn String: "Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=nData;Integrated Security=True"
Sql server 2005 express   (124 Views)
hi, my server already have sql server 2000 installed. is it possible to install sql server 2005 express while sql server 2000 already on the server
Hyphen in linked server name issue   (231 Views)
I'm trying to query a linked server where the server name has a hyphen in it (P08COS-Blah). Unfortunately, I cannot change the server name. If I try to query the linked server, I get an "Incorrect syntax near '-'" error. How can I get around this
How to use sessionstate mode = 'stateserver' in GoDaddy Grid hosting   (210 Views)
i saw some godaddy worker replied post at this forum so i wanna register and try to get help from here if you know how to use this sessionstate mode at goddady pls let me know i need syntax
SQL server query - Merging duplicate rows   (217 Views)
Code: SELECT starttime AS Time_Period, SUM(incalls) AS [Inbound Calls], SUM(acdcalls) AS [ACD Calls], SUM(abncalls) AS [Abandoned Calls], CASE WHEN SUM(incalls) = 0 THEN 0 ELSE 100 * SUM(abncalls) / SUM(incalls) END AS [% Abandoned], CASE WHEN SUM(acdcalls) = 0 THEN 0 ELSE (SUM(anstime) / SUM(acdcalls)) END AS [Avg Speed Answer], CASE WHEN SUM(abntime) = 0 THEN 0 ELSE (SUM(abntime) / SUM(abncalls)) END AS [Avg Abandoned Time], CASE WHEN SUM(incalls) = 0 THEN 0 ELSE ((SUM(ansconncalls1) + SUM(ansconncalls2) + SUM(ansconncalls3) + SUM(ansconncalls4)) / SUM(incalls) * 100) END AS [% Calls Ans in 30 Sec], SUM(abncalls1) + SUM(abncalls2) + SUM(abncalls3) + SUM(abncalls4) + SUM(abncalls5) + SUM(abncalls6) AS [Aban calls in 30s], CASE WHEN SUM(incalls) = 0 THEN 0 ELSE ((SUM(abncalls1) + SUM(abncalls2) + SUM(abncalls3) + SUM(abncalls4) + SUM(abncalls5) + SUM(abncalls6)) / SUM(incalls) * 100) END AS [% Aban in 30s] FROM hvdn WHERE (acd = 1) AND (row_date = CONVERT(DATETIME, '2009-07-23 00:00:00', 102)) GROUP BY starttime ORDER BY Time_Period The above code DOES work and produces the expected results. A summary of the data returned is displayed below: Image link (http://dayoaudi.co.uk/results.jpg) My problem is the "similar/duplicate" row at 1000. I need the respective values (while taking into account the existing calculations performed in the query) merged. The deed result is that each half-hourly time period has a single row of data each. If anyone can help me, I would really, really appreciate it. [] I have posted this query on a few discussion forums about SQL so if/when I get an answer, I will update this post accordingly. I am using SQL Server 2005 Enterprise.
SQL server 2000 problem   (203 Views)
hi i m facing this problem that i couldnt start my SQL server after after nov 2010, i need to change my computer time back to before nov den the server can start. for now when i click on the start button it show me no errors msg but the server just wont start. anyone know the solutions
need help installing MSDE 2000   (197 Views)
I have to do this project for school to make a website something like www.workopolis.com We have to use VS.NET and MSDE2000 I m running winXP pro., have i do have a router, my computer is an AMD 2500+ I installed VS.net its working fine. As i m trying to install MSDE2000 using the instruction my professor gave us which is the following: Using MSDE (SQL Server Desktop Engine) You will need to download and install the MSDE from Microsoft. If you did not do so with the initial install of VS.NET you can get a copy at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/linkid=13962. IMPORTANT Use the following instructions to install MSDE. DO NOT use an instance as the backup and restore of your database will not be compatible with the school lab. The MSDE should have the following path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Mssql Within the MSSQL folder there should be a Binn and Data folder. If your setup is different you will not be able to use the backup and restore database features and will instead have to use attach/detach. Click the Download link to start the download. Do one of the following: To start extracting files required to install MSDE immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location. To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk. If you choose Save this program to disk, locate the file where you saved it, and double-click the .exe file to extract all files required to install MSDE on your computer. After extracting the MSDE installation files, open an MS-DOS command prompt and change to the directory where you extracted the files. MSDE extracts to C:\sql2ksp3\MSDE by default. Run the following command to set up MSDE for Visual Studio .NET.: Setup.exe /qb+ DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=1 SAPWD=itm605Everytime i try to install it says MSDE could not be isntalled and to look in error log.i looked there it gives me the following:004-06-21 12:00:41.46 server Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86) Dec 17 2002 14:22:05 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Desktop Engine on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 1)2004-06-21 12:00:41.46 server Copyright (C) 1988-2002 Microsoft Corporation. 2004-06-21 12:00:41.46 server rights reserved. 2004-06-21 12:00:41.46 server Server Process ID is 3508. 2004-06-21 12:00:41.46 server Logging SQL Server messages in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG'. 2004-06-21 12:00:41.49 server SQL Server is starting at priority class 'normal'(1 CPU detected). 2004-06-21 12:00:41.51 server SQL Server configured for thread mode processing. 2004-06-21 12:00:41.51 server Using dynamic lock allocation. [500] Lock Blocks, [1000] Lock Owner Blocks. 2004-06-21 12:00:41.54 spid3 Warning ****************** 2004-06-21 12:00:41.54 spid3 SQL Server started in single user mode. Updates allowed to system catalogs. 2004-06-21 12:00:41.54 spid3 Starting up database 'master'. 2004-06-21 12:00:42.17 server Using 'SSNETLIB.DLL' version '8.0.766'. 2004-06-21 12:00:42.18 server SQL server listening on Shared Memory. 2004-06-21 12:00:42.18 server SQL Server is ready for client connections 2004-06-21 12:00:42.18 spid5 Starting up database 'model'. 2004-06-21 12:00:42.23 spid3 Server name is 'STABREZ'. 2004-06-21 12:00:42.23 spid3 Skipping startup of clean database id 5 2004-06-21 12:00:42.23 spid3 Skipping startup of clean database id 6 2004-06-21 12:00:42.23 spid3 Starting up database 'msdb'. 2004-06-21 12:00:42.82 spid5 Clearing tempdb database. 2004-06-21 12:00:44.14 spid5 Starting up database 'tempdb'. 2004-06-21 12:00:44.34 spid3 Recovery complete. 2004-06-21 12:00:44.34 spid3 SQL global counter collection task is created. 2004-06-21 12:00:44.42 spid3 Warning: override, autoexec procedures skipped. 2004-06-21 12:02:28.04 spid3 SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager.I do not know what to do please someone help me very important. Thank you in advance Shams