SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Connect to MSSQL db = SSL error ????

my installation of MSSQL and the service using this db was just running perfect. Now after 14 days of running nicely, suddenly I am not able to log into my db anymore.

MSSQL query says: Error: SSL - Error. Source:.Net SQLClient Data Provider

The db is running. I can stop and start it - but the connection is not possible anymore.

Some ideas

Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 02:58:59 AM Total Views:  241
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

how to insert binary data using adodb.connection?   (222 Views)
I'm trying to insert data this way, but this query: sql="INSERT INTO table (binarydatacolumn) VALUES ('" & binarydatavariable "')" returns an error saying that there is a quotation mark in the binary string. Should I proccess it somehow befor inserting to the table Or maybe there is some function in T-SQL that does it
Safest way to connect to DB ?   (308 Views)
I have created a site with asp.net (vb.net) and sql server. For the moment I just use simpel sqlconnections, but I want to know what the safest way is. I heard about UDL, but that's not for SQL. Does anyone know the safest way
wanna check whether dbs is in replicationmode   (192 Views)
wanna check whether dbs is in replicationmode so i thought that calling dim tester as string server.ExecuteWithResultsAndMessages("sp_helprepli cationdboption 'dbsname' ", , tester) would help me but tester is always "" even if the dbs is in replication mode, howto get a result from a stored procedure help would be great greets nobby
Determin SQL Syntax from ODBC connection   (231 Views)
How can you determine from the ADO/ODBC connection what identifiers are used in the SQL Syntax. I want to know after the connection has been made to the database what I should encapsulate column and tables names with that contain spaces, or : or - E.g MySQL uses backticks - SELECT * FROM `Table Name`SQL Server uses [] or double quotes - SELECT * FROM [Table Name]
Checking if item is alrdy in db   (292 Views)
Is there a way I can detect if an item is alrdy in my database before adding it useing sql each item has a unique ID number. The only way I know how to do it is by creating a loop with rs and checking if its in there. if rsitems("itemnumber") = itemnum then dont add. But is there a way I can do this without opening rs and just useing an sql statement.
Add field to db table   (178 Views)
I have a db table that already contains data; I would however like to add a date/time field; if i do that now - sort of "after the fact" will it break anything
SQL connection question   (285 Views)
Hi , so far i'm only using MS Access database, and i'm also using the following connection: Code: my question is, if i decide to move to MySQL, can i still use the same connection as above, and if not what should be changed also does the Access database need to be converted to MySQL database and how can i do that Finally i'm using 7host.com to host the asp files and the database, how can i upload the MySQL database and access it from the asp files also would the code in the asp files change if the database is changed, like( SQL commands) thx in adv..
Help with my connection to SQL Security database!!!   (329 Views)
I am trying to connect to the Security table to authenticate users. It works well on my box when Im logged in but it isnt working when I have another user try to connect or when I try to connect remotely. I get a SQL error on the aspx page (System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON') but I have already removed the anonymous login for IIS and I have the connection string set to SSPI (.ConnectionString = "data source=servername;initial catalog=Security;Connection TimeOut=30;integrated security=SSPI)with the web.configs identity set to impersonate=true />. Do you have any other ideas or do you know of another way I can authenticate users and get a return value
LIST the systems DSN existing of the PC (OBDC connections) with ASP   (276 Views)
. I need LIST with ASP CODE the systems DSN existing of the PC (OBDC connections), the conections and properties like goto into in win2k to: Star->Configuration->Control Panel->ODBC Connections For example show the text and properties like this image http://dirlist.sourceforge.net/docs/odbc/sysdsn.gif y really not need show graphics, i only need the names of DSN and The name of the ODBC type. If any one knows how show this please write me to my email juan_msdn@hotmail.com
SQL server remote connection error   (308 Views)
I am getting this error when I execute a query on a remote server. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionCheckForData (CheckforData()). [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]General network error. Check your network documentation. Connection Broken This only happens when my query is run between these dates '5/1/2003' '5/30/2003' The query returs an extended cost- I have checked the totals for that quarter is over 1900000.00 If I run for the first quarter of this year the total is just under 1800000.00 and it executes fine. here is my query SELECT TOP 15 t.description, Amount = CASE WHEN t.Extcost_priceUSD IS NULL THEN 0 ELSE t.Extcost_priceUSD END FROM ( SELECT DISTINCT a.description, (SELECT sum(d.Extcost_priceUSD) FROM POS_DataTable d WHERE d.description = a.description AND d.ship_date >= '5/1/2003' AND d.ship_date = '5/1/2003' AND ship_date
need dba interview question & answers   (190 Views)
hi I am preparing for an interview for the post of sql server 2000 DBA. if anybody have some questions & answers for this so please send me on sam_parve@yahoo.com
ODBC connection to two databases   (234 Views)
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to multiple databases in one connection. I have an application where i can only select one connectionstring or ODBC.
ASP can't connect to SQL   (147 Views)
Solved the problem with a reinstall. I might have done something different too. The mystery will remain a mystery for all of time. Admin please feel free to delete
Error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server   (297 Views)
Hi Friends, I developed a small application for practicing asp.net 2.0 and sql server 2005 - Northwind Database (Using tool VS2005). Everything going fine but suddenly one day my application stop accessing sql server 2005, start giving following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I removed and reinstall sql 2005, but problem is still there. I tried every solution, got on google by typing error message but...... My web confing connection string is as follows: (I don't think there is any problem in connection string, because it works fine previously) I can access database by using Sql Server Management Studio Express. May be, by mistake I did some changes in sql server settings, but don't know now whats that Please help.
can't insert data into mssql through my asp code.. :(   (285 Views)
hi here's my asp code: Code: i can successfully connect to my database, but it seems i can't insert the data i want into it. Every time i execute the script, the following message appeared: Code: Error Type: (0x80040E07) /mcrs/store_registration.asp, line 24 line 24 here refers to Code: set R = conn.execute(strSQL) could anyone tell me where i went wrong any help is greatly appreciated.
what's the error in my mssql statement? :(   (214 Views)
hi i always used this type of command PHP Code: response.write("") response.write("") response.write("") response.write("") response.write("") to send out my data to mssql.. but problems will occur when the users fill in the CommonName fields with values with whitespaces and/or ' how should i fix this in java there's some method called preparedstatement.. how about in asp any help is greatly appreciated.
how to export my db...   (199 Views)
hey all, i am using msde through web matrix to manage my db's but i can't see a way of exporting them, please could somone point me in the right direction...
probably very simple, saving html in db   (148 Views)
what field type in mssql database allows you to save html if not how is this done sorry i know very little. hinch
using SQLserver db dynamically   (211 Views)
I would like to create program that load SQLserver database file from a mobile disk (eg. flash disk), the db should be flexible to move to any other computer and SHOULD NOT stay in the harddisk i've been thinkin of solution: 1. i should do automatically attach of db to the sqlserver everytime i load the program 2. auto detach the db when finish using the program 3. and the file will be in .mdf instead of a backup file (since backup file need restoration and restoration will restore file to the harddisk ) is my solution correct or is there any better solution