SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

why this function is not getiing "call"?

I'm trying to record how much time user is taking to read a piece of text. I'm using ajax to fetch a text file and show it to html page. IT works fine, but the corresponding time watching functions are not showing any effect. To make the question clear, I'm copying my script here. Following is JS script. ajax object is defined in other file, and it is working fine. This script is included by a html page with two button elements and a div to display text.
/* * This script uses ajax object defined in ajax.js file, to load content from * ajaxtest.html. */ //global variables to store start time, end time and reading time. stime = 0; etime = 0; rtime = 0; function watchTime() { //get current time into minutes: var today = new Date(); var h = today.getHours(); //get hour part of the day. var m = today.getMinutes(); //get minute part of the day. var mtemp = m * 60; var s = today.getSeconds(); //get second part of the day. return mtemp + s; } function startReading() { 'use strict'; stime = watchTime(); console.log(stime); } function endReading() { 'use strict'; etime = watchTime(); console.log(etime); rtime = etime - stime; console.log(rtime); } window.onload = function() { 'use strict'; document.getElementById('stbtn').onclick = function() { startReading(); //This function is not getting "call". ajax.open('GET', 'resources/test.txt', true); ajax.send(null); } var ajax = getXMLHttpRequestObject(); //create function for onreadystatechange ajax.onreadystatechange = function() { if(ajax.readyState == 4) { if((ajax.status >= 200 && ajax.status < 300) || (ajax.status == 304)) { document.getElementById('output').innerHTML = ajax.responseText; } else { document.getElementById('output').innerHTML = 'Error' + ajax.statusText; } } //end of readyState IF. } //End of main function. document.getElementById('endbtn').onclick = endReading; //This line does not show any effect. }

Posted On: Sunday 23rd of December 2012 10:40:15 PM Total Views:  326
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Help to test Dice Game outcome   (145 Views)
Having trouble with Dice Game assignment. Have the game working up to the point where I have to show the total of the two dice selected by the user (1-4, 5-8, 9-12). If they chose the right selection (eg. 1-4) then they double their venture capital, otherwise they lose their venture capital. How do I go about testing this. Do I use the for ( =1;
JavaScript Concession stand   (114 Views)
Stand Beau's Gourmet Concession
Offline Local Database   (123 Views)
is it possible to connect to a database on client-side by Javascript ..... if it is then .......... please can any one help me with this........ I'm a VB.Net 2008 programmer so I only know the Syntax of the Javascript (yet . sure soon i will learn more ...... i in the beginning of the programming road) or can some one just give me a link of a book or some tutorial that speaks about connecting to a database (MS Access is possible) that is only on the client-side ........ I have a windows application with a database .......... i want to make a little Web Report (only Report .... nothing more) so i thought it would be a good idea to make a little javasript code that fetchs the data and then displays them in an HTML Table ..... best regards.......
Java think dont work in IE   (151 Views)
Hi. I am trying to develop a small webshop for some and I tought it was working very well until I accidentally tested it in IE (works fine in Chrome and Firefox). When someone clicks the "add to basket" there is an On-Click that triggers a function. That function sends the session ID and the product ID to a seperate file (.asp) that adds the values to a temporary table. Then the the function is supposed to fetch and summarize the basket content and update it in the browser. This works fine everywhere except in IE. Any ideas Here is some of the code: Legg til i handlekurv function AddToBasket(TmpVid,TmpLoggID) { $.ajax({ type:"POST", url: "/common/post_AddToBasket.asp", dataType: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", data: "vid="+ TmpVid + "&sid=" + TmpLoggID, async: true }) setTimeout("$('#prebasket').load('/common/ajax_prebasket.aspsid=' + 897 + '&lang=no');", 350); }; Here is the link to where you can test it: http://hbs-product.com/no/m=p&i=5 (just don't go all the way to check-out to avoid ordering something) The "Add to Basket" is the gray box with the norwegian text "Legg til i...", the basket is on the right sidebar. I'm not really any good with java, but at least I got it working in some browsers.
First time using AJAX, won't submit form.   (325 Views)
This is my first time using AJAX. I've read up on it a good bit and found a couple of tutorials on how to submit a form and I've followed them precisely but still cannot get it to work. Can someone please take a look at my code and let me know what I'm doing wrong function ajaxFunction(){ var name = window.opener.document.nameForm.namebox.value; var url = "changename.php"; var params = "name=" + name; var contentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"; var ajaxRequest; // The variable that makes Ajax possible! try{ // Opera 8.0+, Firefox, Safari ajaxRequest = new XMLHttpRequest(); } catch (e){ // Internet Explorer Browsers try{ ajaxRequest = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); } catch (e) { try{ ajaxRequest = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } catch (e){ // Something went wrong alert("Your browser broke!"); return false; } } } ajaxRequest.open("POST", url, true); ajaxRequest.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"); ajaxRequest.setRequestHeader("Content-length", params.length); ajaxRequest.setRequestHeader("Connection", "close"); ajaxRequest.onreadystatechange = function(){ if(ajaxRequest.readyState == 4){ document.nameForm.message.value = ajaxRequest.responseText; } } document.nameForm.message.value = "Changing Computer Name..."; ajaxRequest.send(params); } My whole purpose for this is simply to provide feedback to the user that it is working and then display the results of the operation when it's complete. The page just sat for 5-10 seconds while the php script executes, so I'm changing it to have the submit button open this popup which displays a "working" message when it first loads, executes the php script via ajax, and then updates the message when complete. Right now the popup opens and does nothing so I think somethings wrong with my ajax code.
JQuery Output Value of Variable   (122 Views)
I am learning to use JQuery and have created the following code after reading various tutorials. I still don't quite get how JQuery variables and arrays work. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can print the current filename below the image and how I can rename the current file $(document).ready(function(){ $('#thumbnails').hide(); // show the large version of this thumbnail $("#thumbnails a").click(function(e){ // clear current active thumbnail $("#imagetoedit").attr("src", this.href); // mark this thumbnail as active var $thumbnails = $(this).siblings().removeClass("active"); // setup next and previous buttons. we may not use previous //but set it up in case $(this).addClass("active"); var arrayposition = $thumbnails.index(this); $("#next").attr("disabled", arrayposition==$thumbnails.length-1); $("#prev").attr("disabled", arrayposition==0); return false; }); // next/prev buttons just click the next/prev thumb when enabled $("#prev").click(function(){ $("#thumbnails a.active").prev().click(); }); $("#next").click(function(){ $("#thumbnails a.active").next().click(); }); // select the first thumbnail $("#thumbnails a:first").click(); }); Prev Next
Spry Accordian: Active Tab Depending on Current Date   (114 Views)
, I have a spry accordion that I have inserted in Dreamweaver with 5 tabs for Monday-Friday. How could I make the tab active depending on what day it is i.e: So if its Tuesday the Tuesday tab will be active. Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
'array' is undefined?   (120 Views)
i'm trying to make an app that lets the user add two items from a text box go into a 2d array and be able to repeat this as many times as they dee, each time adding it onto the end of the array. Then when the user presses a button, it goes and shows the list of items entered. The thing is, Internet Explorer keeps telling me "Done, but with errors on the page" when i click the button to show. and i click to find out more, and it says 'array' is undefined on line 17 Can somebody tell my what this means (simply) and then explain how i can rectify this problem Grader 101 //var studentArray = new array() //var arrayNum var myArrayNumOne myArray = new array(100) //arrayNum = 1; myArrayNumOne = 1 function arrayStuff(p1, p2) { myArray[myArrayNumOne] = newArray(2) myArray[myArrayNumOne][0] = p1 myArray[myArrayNumOne][1] = p2 myArrayNumOne = myArrayNumOne + 1 } function readArray() { for(var i=0; i
Dismiss a text with Jquery is too slow   (144 Views)
, I just try to figure out a function which will dismiss a text and saves it in cookies for next page reload/visit. My current code looks as follow: $(document).ready(function() { $.cookie("viewState"); var theState = $.cookie("viewState"); $("#R1").click( function () { $("#secret").hide("slow"); $.cookie("viewState", "none"); theState = "none" }); $("#secret").css('display', theState); }); and the message for dismissing: Test Done $("a.button").click(function () { $("div.theme").hide("slow"); $(this).hide(); return true; }); The function is working but it takes a second while it dissapeared after page is loaded. Where did I make mistake
Iframe resize   (144 Views)
I have this.. the src is file go.jsp in go.jsp changes occur.. how can I resize go.jsp the iframe so that there wont be scrolling dont give me solution use scorlling="no".. simply..data will be hidden below..I want to resize the page...
Cannot Open Jquery Modal Dialog using VB.NET   (155 Views)
I am trying to open the Jquery Dialog box using VB.NET. After the data has been saved successfully, I need the dialog box to show up with the message to the user. Also allow user to perform some other actions like clicking the buttons. If I call the same codes from the client sides, like onclick="", it is working fine. However, It does not open from the server codes: ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Me, Me.GetType(), "Message", "$('#dialog1').dialog('open');", False) Any ideas of what i've done wrong!
Javascript problems with IE6   (134 Views)
I really am stumped by this problem and would appreciate some help.. I am tryiing to build a site on a computer running Wiindows XP and using, mainly, FrontPage 2003 although I have also used Notepad to try and solve a problem that has arisen. The problem is that IE6 throws a securiity alert whenever I insert Javascript code into a page. Now, I have no problem surfing the Web and viewing Javascriipt-enhanced pages. Indeed I can download such pages to my hard drive and view them off-line wiithout any hitch arisiing. The problem only seems to occur with pages I create myself - every time I view such a page, IE6 triggers the ActiveX security alert. The problem cannot be with the browser's security settings as I have no problems viewing pages with code inserted that others have created. I'd be very grateful for any advice..., I am betting that you are just doubleclicking the file to open it. Yes If you put it on your site and browse to it as a normal user would, you probably aren't going to get that problem.
Form submission with Iframe   (134 Views)
, ! I'm fairly new to this forum, but I spent some time mining it for information. Unfortunaltely, as far as I have searched it I was unable to find an answer to my question. Googling hasn't satisfactorily answered my question also. Here's the goal:- user fills in a form (selects files for upload, writes a post, etc.) and submits it - without page reload she gets a response from server (error, unsupported file type, inappropriate language, success, etc.) I imagine first, submit-without-reload, part is done via the form.target property like this: - iframe is either created dynamically with JS createElement or statically. But in any case it should look something like this: - form, also created either dynamically or statically: As for the response/result part, server dumps its reply into the targeted iframe, so I have three alternatives:- use iframe's onLoad (onReadyStateChange) event: attach a get_data() function to it. - frequently/manually poll iframe for data using setInterval(get_data, milliseconds). - inject some script into the server response that makes iframe itself call get_data() . I am puzzled as to which alternative is the most preferrable, efficient and browser independent. Which one would you recommend And another question is how I can check if an iframe has data in it. I use the following script to get the iframe's inner document object (excerpt from get_data() fucntion ): if ( iframe.contentDocument ){ doc = iframe.contentDocument; }else if( iframe.contentWindow ){ doc = iframe.contentWindow.document; }else if ( document.frames ){ doc = document.frames[iframe.name].document; }else if( window.frames[iframe.name] ){ doc = window.frames[iframe.name].document; } Whereiframe = document.createElement("iframe"); And then i check whether doc.body && doc.body.innerHTML exist and are nonempty by this snippet: /* in IE doc.readyState is bogus: immediately 'complete' */ if ( !( !doc.readyState || doc.readyState && doc.readyState == 'complete' ) ) { /*die*/} if ( !( doc.body && doc.body.innerHTML ) ) { /*die*/} /* get the response */
Pls. help to explain..   (204 Views)
hi, can anyone help to explain this code.. or is their an equivalent vbscript for this code please help...don't know about javascript.. thanks in advance.. if(arguments.length == 3){ var result = ""; for (var i = 0; i < arguments[2].length; i++){ result += "" + arguments[2][i] + ""; } result += ""; document.getElementById(arguments[0]).innerHTML = result; } }, You can also try this code. This demo will automatically inject vbscript in your document, if it detects IE browser's and the code output is also converted into vbscript: Tested in IE6 --> Test Page JavaScript Live DEMO!
How to pass Checkbox status to jave method as parameter..   (152 Views)
I've one checkbox,I need to capture the status of this checkbox(i.e checked is "true" and unchecked is "false") to the java method as parameter. Please advise if there is any way i can accomplish this.. I've check box like this [code> [/code] Javascript to get the status of check box like this.. function toggleDelete(){ if(delete == 'false') delete = 'true'; else delete = 'false'; return delete; } I need to pass the return value of the javascript to the java method in command link action like thiss. Please advise me if anybody has inputs..
problem with AJAX in mozilla   (114 Views)
i have written jsp in which onchange of value in a dropdown another dropdown will appear. I have used ajax & the entire tag i m passing from action. as if( (selectedAccountDivision.equals(""))&& accountDivisions!=null) { //System.out.println("inside acc div if block"+selectedAccountDivision); //out=out+"Select Year*"; //out="Select"+accSubDivTitle+"*"; out="Select "+accDivTitle+"*"; out=out+""; out=out+"--Select "+accDivTitle+"--" ; out=out+""; .... This drop down is coming fine but In this new drop down i m calling onchange will call a javascript function as:- function onAccountDivisionsChange(){ alert("inside onAccountDivisionsChange function"); if(document.SelectionCriteria.reportToGenerate.options[document.SelectionCriteria.reportToGenerate.selectedIndex].value != '-1') { selectedReportToGenerate = document.SelectionCriteria.reportToGenerate.options[document.SelectionCriteria.reportToGenerate.selectedIndex].value; alert("inside second"+selectedReportToGenerate) document.SelectionCriteria.selectedReportToGenerate.value=selectedReportToGenerate } var selectedAccountId; if(document.SelectionCriteria.firstLevelAccountDivisions!=null) { alert("inside not null"); selectedAccountId = document.SelectionCriteria.firstLevelAccountDivisions.options[document.SelectionCriteria.firstLevelAccountDivisions.selectedIndex].value; if(document.SelectionCriteria.firstLevelAccountDivisions.selectedIndex==0){ return; } } else { alert("inside null"); return; } var selectedProject=""; var oldslectedaccountID=document.SelectionCriteria.selectedAccountDivision.value; if(selectedAccountId!=oldslectedaccountID) { document.getElementById("afterAccountDivisionDiv").innerHTML=""; document.getElementById("afterAccountSubDivisionDiv").innerHTML=""; document.getElementById("yearDiv").innerHTML=""; document.getElementById("monthDiv").innerHTML=""; document.getElementById("extraColumn1Div").innerHTML=""; document.getElementById("extraColumnDiv").innerHTML=""; } document.SelectionCriteria.selectedAccountDivision.value=selectedAccountId; document.SelectionCriteria.AccName.value=document.SelectionCriteria.firstLevelAccountDivisions.options[document.SelectionCriteria.firstLevelAccountDivisions.selectedIndex].text; if(selectedAccountId=="-1" ||selectedAccountId=="-2" ) {document.SelectionCriteria.selectedProject.value=""; selectedProject=""; // document.getElementById("selectBoxafterSubDivAccount").innerHTML=""; } else if(!(document.SelectionCriteria.projects==null)) { if(document.SelectionCriteria.projects.options[document.SelectionCriteria.projects.selectedIndex].value != '-1') { document.SelectionCriteria.selectedProject.value=document.SelectionCriteria.projects.options[document.SelectionCriteria.projects.selectedIndex].value; selectedProject=document.SelectionCriteria.projects.options[document.SelectionCriteria.projects.selectedIndex].value; } } if(document.SelectionCriteria.reportToGenerate.options[document.SelectionCriteria.reportToGenerate.selectedIndex].value != '-1') { selectedReportToGenerate = document.SelectionCriteria.reportToGenerate.options[document.SelectionCriteria.reportToGenerate.selectedIndex].value; document.SelectionCriteria.selectedReportToGenerate.value=selectedReportToGenerate } else { alert('Please select Report'); document.SelectionCriteria.reportToGenerate.focus(); return false; } url="/SelectionCriteriaAction.doselectedAccountDivision="+selectedAccountId+"&reporttype=incident&selectedProject="+selectedProject+"&selectedReportToGenerate="+selectedReportToGenerate; //Do the Ajax call if (window.XMLHttpRequest){ // Non-IE browsers alert("inside non IE Browsers"); req = new XMLHttpRequest(); //A call-back function is define so the browser knows which function to call after the server gives a reponse back req.onreadystatechange = populateBoxAfterAccount; try { req.open("GET", url, true); //was get } catch (e) { alert("Cannot connect to server"); } req.send(null); } else if (window.ActiveXObject) { // IE alert("inside IE Browsers"); req = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); if (req) { req.onreadystatechange = populateBoxAfterAccount; req.open("GET", url, true); req.send(null); } } } here document.SelectionCriteria.firstLevelAccountDivisions is giving null. Though the 2nd drop down is coming fine. This is the case only in mozilla.cz in IE its wrkng fyn. Can any1 tel me what can be the problem or the solution for it
Show image onmouseover   (169 Views)
Hi Guys, I am having heaps of trouble with a javascript onmouseover, can someone have a look and see if I am missing anything, I have exactly the same code running on another page and its making me crazy. Not working page http://www.lostandlonesome.com.au/shopNew.php Working page http://www.lostandlonesome.com.au/bandsNew.php
2 seperate textbox validation with 2 buttons   (279 Views)
I have 2 textbox and 2 buttons in my form. Seperatly, Button 1 will validate textbox 1 and Button 2 will validate textbox 2, if they are empty or not. How can we do it
javascript+iframe   (152 Views)
hello i have an empty cell and an iframe. in the iframe there are a few images.. how can i use onmouseover on the images so they can appear one by one in the cell sorry for my bad english,
Hint Box in ajax   (273 Views)
Friends In some websites i have seen that in a website called mginger.com in that invite tab when i keep a mouse over the Text field in the right hand side of it shows that please enter the name in a layer .It looks very nice .My friend says that its an ajax.How to do that please anyone help me very urgent requirement
Interpret HTTP (Content-Disposition) headers from?   (195 Views)
I'm trying to implement an AJAX solution for exporting tabular data on a page in certain formats, and i've determined that the best way to do this (for my purposes) is to grab the innerHTML of a table, send it off to a server-side script for processing into alternate formats, and then returning the response with appropriate Content-Type and Content-Disposition headers. The issue I'm having is how exactly to get the browser to interpret said headers. For example, I send the table's innerHTML in a POST request to a server-side script (via an XMLHTTP object): xmlhttp.open("POST", "process.cgi", true); xmlhttp.onreadystatechange=function() { if (xmlhttp.readyState==4) { // do what we need to do } } xmlhttp.send('exportdata='+escape(dataTable.innerHTML)); If someone directly requests the server-side script (ie: through a form), it sends appropriate headers so the user is prompted by the browser to download the file. For example, exporting to an Excel spreadsheet, it sends: Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="1165420852.xls" My problem is, I don't know how to get the browser to interpret those headers coming from an XMLHTTP object.
How can fix the problem?   (192 Views)
This site is developed and maintained by
Validating form - am I missing something? - JavaScript Help   (151 Views)
I have a script running which will add users, although I want to check some fields like if the email is an actual email etc, and I'd like to do that clientside, ATM I've got this running but it doesn't actually check the email, and will still submit anything even if the whole form is blank, can someone help me out function formValidator(){ var email = document.getElementById('email'); if(emailValidator(email, "Please enter a valid email address")){ return true; } } } } } } return false; } function emailValidator(elem, helperMsg){ var emailExp = /^[\w\-\.\+]+\@[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-]+\.[a-zA-z0-9]{2,4}$/; if(elem.value.match(emailExp)){ return true; }else{ alert(helperMsg); elem.focus(); return false; } } Add User First Name*: Sur Name*: Email*: Web Site*: Password*: Address Line 1*: Address Line 2*: City / Town*: County*: Postcode*: Sex M/F*: Date of Birth*: - Month - January Febuary March April May June July August September October November December - Day - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 - Year - 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975 1974 1973 1972 1971 1970 1969 1968 1967 1966 1965 1964 1963 1962 1961 1960 1959 1958 1957 1956 1955 1954 1953 1952 1951 1950 1949 1948 1947 1946 1945 1944 1943 1942 1941 1940 1939 1938 1937 1936 1935 1934 1933 1932 1931 1930 1929 1928 1927 1926 1925 1924 1923 1922 1921 1920 1919 1918 1917 1916 1915 1914 1913 1912 1911 1910 1909 1908 1907 1906 1905 1904 1903 1902 1901 1900 Customer Feedback (1-99)*: WGTF Feedback (1-99)*:
radio check - JavaScript Help   (164 Views)
I want to check if a radio button has been selected, but the following doesnt work. Renovation Buy and hold (Rental) Development
removeChild() not working properly - JavaScript Help   (138 Views)
I was writing a script that seemed to work flawlessly, but when I tried it on my girlfriends laptop it didn't work. Other Javascript code worked so it's not disabled, but not this particular script. Both computers (mine and hers) run Firefox 10 (not 100% sure if she has version 9 or 10 though) on Windows 7. It's very early in the process, so I haven't tested it very much in different browsers etc. I just tried it in Chrome on my computer, and it doesn't work there either.Below is the snippet of code that fails. The purpose is to remove all elements with the class name details.var details = document.getElementsByClassName("details"); for (var i in details) { var p = details[i].parentNode; p.removeChild(details[i]); // This line fails }
Object - JavaScript Help   (139 Views)
Why can't you do:x = new Object(); x.2 = "1";But you can do:x = new Object(); x.ID_2 = "1";Why can't you start a property with a number
php javascript echo help - JavaScript Help   (142 Views)
echo "alert(\"Username or password are wrong!\"); ";how to add in alert this forgot password
Anchor Link to drop down menu - JavaScript Help   (147 Views)
Hi Anybody can help me with the javascript im doing..example, i have three links here: link1 | link 2| link 3, when i click on link 3, a drop down with the list of sub menu will appear.. take note that i am using as menu here.
Jquery ajax help - JavaScript Help   (184 Views)
,I am just in the process on converting a system to use jquery instead of normal javascript. But i need to detect the readystate in the jquery. How do I do thatNormal JS function theNewFiles(){ xhrNewFiles=GetXmlHttpObject() if(xhrNewFiles==null){ alert("Browser does not support HTTP Request"); return; } var qstr; qstr = "action=noNewFiles"; qstr += "&sid="+Math.random(); xhrNewFiles.onreadystatechange = theNewFilesR; xhrNewFiles.open("POST","ajax/overview.php",true); xhrNewFiles.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"); xhrNewFiles.send(qstr); } function theNewFilesR(){ if(xhrNewFiles.readyState == 3){ document.getElementById('newFiles').innerHTML = ''; }else if(xhrNewFiles.readyState==4 || xhrNewFiles.readyState=="complete"){ document.getElementById('newFiles').innerHTML = xhrNewFiles.responseText; } } Converted to jquery $.post( 'ajax/overview.php', {'action' : 'noNewFiles'}, function(data, textStatus){ $('#newFiles').text(data); } );
How can I transfer database information to a JavaScript file?   (155 Views)
I'm in the process of building a web application designed that allows users to embed it into their site using XSS (like adsense, Digg, Reddit, etc). Since XSS requires a Javascript file, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to implement information from a database. In a nutshell, what I'd like to be able to do is allow for accepted users to run my application on their webpage. Which means I will need to pull a client ID from a database, and only allow the user to run the file if their client ID is valid. Something like.... Which is essentially what Google does with adsense However, I haven't the slightest clue how I can perform this since there doesn't seem to be any means of running PHP inside my JS file and have that transfer over to the other user's site. I'd also like to avoid having every single valid ID directly listed in the JS file if possible for the sake of security and avoiding massive clutter and file size. Does anyone know a good way to achieve this, or an alternative way to achieve essentially the same result Thank you.
AJAX refresh   (148 Views)
I use a AJAX refresh script on a page to test a $var state
< include ("include/refr.inc.php"); //ajax script for reload require ("bd_inc.php"); //test the line state buzy or free $st = mysql_query("SELECT linestate FROM broad WHERE num='40'"); ...
Re: Adding variables to object as name-value pairs   (135 Views)
On 2008-09-26 22:23, Steve wrote: > The currency and the value are read from an xml file. I would then > like to add them to an object. I have tried various permutations of > the following (ie using square ...
every hour another background image   (140 Views)
Hi , In folder image i have 24 pictures, and i would like to have some javascript that will every hour put another picture as background image. I would like to do that on this page www.karta-zagreba.com Tnx !...
constructor/destructor   (113 Views)
in a script (a simplified L-System) i do have objects constructing other (children) objects by : this.createChild=function(){ return new Ant(...); } all of the children finished their job before the parent one then, i wonder how to destroy (nullify) those ...
Is it possible to get the text from browser location bar *before*navigation (e.g. not location.href)   (139 Views)
Possibly I am searching for the wrong thing, but my googling has been futile. I want to get the contents of the browser (FF) location bar *before* I have navigated to that location. location.href / window.location have not been ...
Include Files   (124 Views)
Does Javascript support include files I have the same code I need in 4 pages with Javascript. Can I somehow include that data by using a general include file
load testing advice?   (166 Views)
, I am involved in a project which might have large numbers of people accessing the web site at the same time. The pages have javascipt code and also involve adidng/taking data to/from a MySQL database. Is it possible to ...
find the displayed size of a   (130 Views)
Having trouble googling this one. I have a dynamically generated table that I'd prefer not to set sizes for. Is there any way to know the size that the browser is using to display this cell The problem: adding an ...
Change img src for captcha   (210 Views)
I use captcha in an input form for registering. I have the following code:

Press here if you don't see the pic..

reqcode.php produces an image.( http://www.rados.gr/newtest/reqcode.php ) I ...
allcoolmusic.com = SPAM   (159 Views)
allcoolmusic.com is one of the biggest spam-disseminators in the world. Supposedly located in the British Virgin Islands and often employing one hypothetical "Jennifer Davis" as handle, it exists only to spread malware and spam-promoted adware to unsuspecting POP email users ...
FAQ Update 9.85 Dated 2007-08-31   (121 Views)
FAQ Update 9.85 Dated 2007-08-31: Section 3.1 changed to read: The only book currently endorsed by c.l.j. regulars is: JavaScript : The Definitive Guide, 5th Edition By David Flanagan ISBN:0-596-10199-6 Also by David Flanagan: JavaScript Pocket Reference, 2nd Edition. ISBN ...
Easy question for a good programmer...   (161 Views)
I want to code a website which lists pictures and details of a long list of cars in whichever order the client chooses (age, mileage, colour etc). In the filesystem of my website (ie server-side) I would like to be ...
FireFox & JavaScript acts mysterious   (122 Views)
I have a picture and it has onclick event, with invokes JavaScript function called ModuleManager(); Then it saves a copy of Node (Blocks, which is DIV) it tmp_blocks['Blocks'] with all children elements. And it changes Blocks innerHTML with new one, ...
Custom Software Development   (106 Views)
iTechArt Group - Custom Software Development and Offshore outsourcing Company http://www.itechart.com/ Offshore custom software development company iTechArt - Web site and Content Management Solutions development, CMS consulting: Ektron, Drupal and DotNetNuke iTechArt Group provides high quality custom software development services ...
how can I access ...   (200 Views)
How can I access an element on the top window from inside a frame within this window...
Help With JavaScript   (94 Views)
Hi I am new to JavaScript and I am trying the resolve the following problem, can anyone help: ======================================================================================================================================= Die Simulator