SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Whether it is possible to find the response url in?

I have a problem as following...
# I have stored some value in session to reach a Page "A"
# I have other pages "B", "C", "D".
# If I am moving from Page "A" to "B", I should not clear my session value but If I am moving from "A" to "C" or "A" to "D", then I have clear some values in session.
# I have clear it on body unload of "A" on condition. Is there any way to find the URL which I am landing via javascript Is there any other way or work around to solve this problem.
Note: I have menu in my left frame and content in right frame. my links to move from "A" to "B", "C" and "D" are in menu.

Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 10:00:36 PM Total Views:  294
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

create a cookie and check whether the cookie exists   (87 Views)
i have created a popup at the following page: http://suawg.osugv.servertrust.com If i click on 18+ then it gets redirected to http://suawg.osugv.servertrust.com/default.asp if i click on i am not 18 then it gets redirected to google.com if i have chosen 18+ then the cookie should be created and if by mistake i again go to http://suawg.osugv.servertrust.com that is popup page it should get redirected to http://suawg.osugv.servertrust.com/default.asp
Check whether CapsLock is on   (79 Views)
I have some jQuery code which checks whether capslock is on, but it works only with .keypress(). I want to alert when document is ready, not when im filling input. Is it possible to check status of capslock and alert the user without filling the input
Javascript for checking whether the textbox is filled?   (106 Views)
NB:Excuse me Experts,,,This is only for beginners...... JAVASCRIPT FOR CHECKING WHETHER THE TEXT FILED IS FILLED OR NOT Be noted that 1.The form given above is just for example 2.You can add your own form,,please dont forget to chenge the names in assignments as you are going on your own forms. 3.The above illustrated in case there is only one text field 4.If there are more text fileds then you have to add more variables in script and you should fix that much checks... Try it,,,,,, Its Your Friend........... Rajeesh.N.Santhu
plzzzz help me with javascript code   (103 Views)
hey u all code master...plzz help me...i need complete javascript code whichlist all files that are in a folder......is it possibl;e in javascript or not to list the files..... for exam ..in c:\Books\...i have five file...then i need a javascript code which list all the file on a hml page......
Send input value with ajax   (140 Views)
, Im very new to Ajax. I have a form with 2 input values , name and date. I have in the same page 3 links to select images, fonts and colours. When an image is selected, the child page closes and the parent page refreshes. Then i can see the image i have chosen. Now the values filled in in the name and date input values are gone and people have to re-enter them. I know its possible that if a use fills in the name, it can send the value instantly to an php server, there i want to save it as a session so it will the echoed into the input value. Does anyone know How to do this
get elements within a div tag   (112 Views)
I have a couple of div tags inside a form, inside those tags, there are input elements, i would like to know if there is a way to loop over all the input elements that are inside the div tags. This has to be dynamic as i will not know the exact number of div tags or elements. Any ideas or directions for me to search. Thanx., Thanx SOS, i was able to get all the elements using the elements tag, but had no idea about the getElementByTagName, this will make my life so much easier. Thanx again.
Javascript with Ajax question   (102 Views)
, I am making a website where I have a panel of colors to choose from and it allows the user to click on a layer on the page and then click on the color they wish to change that layer to. Everything works fine and the color changes, BUT I need to be able to save the color changes. So basically I need a way to insert the value of the color variable into my MySQL database. People have told me that this can be accomplished using Ajax since I am using javascript to make the color changes, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. Here is an example of what I'm talking about. My function which changes the color of a certain layer is like this: function color(strColor) { var i; for (i=0;i
designer seeking help with javascript menu   (128 Views)
I'm a graphic designer with very little HTML knowledge who has inherited the maintenance of non-profit agency's website. They have javascript drop-down menus as the part of their main navigation. Up until now, I've only had to change the text or change the size of the menus. But now, they've asked me to add a new menu to one of the buttons. I was hoping it would be simple "copy & paste" of the following code to create a new menu but I've tried it and it is isn't working. My guess is that it has something to do with the 'mm_menu_0623105927_3' but I really have no idea. Can someone shed some light window.mm_menu_0623105927_3 = new Menu("root",140,24,"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif",10,"#ffffff","#ffffff","#ff9900","#ffc700","left","middle",5,0,1000,1,-1,true,false,true,0,false,true); mm_menu_0623105927_3.addMenuItem("FORMS & APPLICATIONS","window.open('downloads/forms.htm', '_self');"); mm_menu_0623105927_3.addMenuItem("MEDIA","window.open('downloads/media.htm', '_self');"); mm_menu_0623105927_3.hideOnMouseOut=true; mm_menu_0623105927_3.menuBorder=0; mm_menu_0623105927_3.menuLiteBgColor='#ffffff'; mm_menu_0623105927_3.menuBorderBgColor='#ffffff'; mm_menu_0623105927_3.bgColor='#ffffff'; The live site is at http://www.jcyc.org . (They want me to add a menu to the 'Contact Us' button) Thank you in advance., I assume that u have ur if statement and return function to where ever site ur editing, What I suggest u do for now is to change the last digit of ur submenu\MenuItem.... That is (eg.) in ur case if the last digit of downloads is 3 then for contact us u changed it to 4 U can try this and see if its gona work window.mm_menu_0623105927_4 = new Menu("root",140,24,"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif",10,"#ffffff","#ffffff","#ff9900","#ffc700","left","middle",5,0,1000,1,-1,true,false,true,0,false,true); mm_menu_0623105927_4.addMenuItem("The menu u want to add","window.open('Contact Us/forms.htm', '_self');"); mm_menu_0623105927_4.hideOnMouseOut=true; mm_menu_0623105927_4.menuBorder=0; mm_menu_0623105927_4.menuLiteBgColor='#ffffff'; mm_menu_0623105927_4.menuBorderBgColor='#ffffff'; mm_menu_0623105927_4.bgColor='#ffffff';
Javascript Problem with Ajax Respons   (63 Views)
Everyone, I have a "small" problem with java. :-) I made a Php - Javascipt for displaying the status of my servers. The Xml response and the php scipt are working fine. But the Javascipt doesn't do what i want it to do. I Have 2 Divs in my html (id="result1" and id id="result2"), but my javascipt is overwriting the result from "result1" with the one from "result 2". Firebug is also showing 2 ajax requests and resonses, but i am only seeing 1 of them on my screen. (Without any Errors in firebug). Demo => http://a000008.pixelstudio.eu.com/index.phppid=3 Html Source code => Go to demo (View source) Javascript Source => //LOAD xmlHttp method. var xmlHttp; function createXMLHttpRequest() { if (window.ActiveXObject) { xmlHttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } else if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest(); } } //PARSE DATA function setmessage(value,org) { var messageArea = document.getElementById(org + "result"); var fontcolor = "red"; if ( value == 1 ) { var fontcolor = "green"; var msg = "ONLINE"; } else { var fontcolor = "red"; var msg = value; } messageArea.innerHTML = "" + msg + ""; } //RECIEVE DATA TRUE XML function callback() { if (xmlHttp.readyState == 4) { if (xmlHttp.status == 200) { var value = xmlHttp.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("msg")[0].firstChild.data; var org = xmlHttp.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("org")[0].firstChild.data; setmessage(value,org); } } } //PUSH DATA function ping_service(value) { createXMLHttpRequest(); var data = "update.phpid=" + escape(value); xmlHttp.open("GET", data, true); xmlHttp.onreadystatechange = callback; xmlHttp.send(null); } What am i doing wrong
javascript stylesheet switcher code...anyone know?   (125 Views)
Hi , i have built a site and having a little problem with safari's browser...i wanted to create an other Stylesheet to ammend the bugs in safari but dont know the javascript code to apply it to my site when the user has safari to use this certain stylesheet.css file anf if u sing other browser use the normall.css stylesheet......can anyone help on this please.... or if there is other easier way to do i am always open to suggestions.......... Kind
Multiple items with the same id problem (edit-in-place)   (138 Views)
Hi all, Actually, I had posted a thread in the php forum . But I don't know the javascripts and AJAX very well, so would like ask for help from anyone here. The code below is originally from edit-in-place scripts. But this didn't work for my case. Does anyone know about this inside editinplace.js function init(){ var max=50; for(i=1; i
Problems with Java and Web conferencing   (100 Views)
I need to use a Web conferencing system that does not require a download. I tried using one that uses Java but several of my clients had problems because their JVM was not compatible or they did not have a JVM installed. Is there a Web conferencing system with no download that does not require Java
how to get nodeName with javascript in firefox   (98 Views)
i have script using nodeNames of dom elements. Script works in ie perfectly but doesnt work in firefox. How can i get nodeName in firefox
@@Help with getting values from textboxes@@   (116 Views)
Hi I have a little difficulty accessing a textbox value from a function. Here's the code: function getdata(f){ var myArray = new Array() for(var i = 0; i < 4; i++){//gets data myArray[i] = f.itemboxes[i].value } for(var i = 0; i < 4; i++){//displays data document.writeln( myArray[i] + "") } var sum = 0 for(var i = 0; i < 4; i++){//adds data sum = sum + eval(myArray[i]) } document.writeln("The total number of items : " + sum ) } function validatedata(f){ var pass_str = f.passbox.value document.writeln("Your pass is : " + pass_str) if(pass_str.length < 5 || pass_str.length > 8) alert("Inappropriate length") var name_str = f.namebox.value document.writeln("Your name is : " + name_str) /*This doesnt display the name!!! */ } item 1: item 2: item 3: item 4: password: name : I am calling the validatedata() to get the value from the "namebox" textbox and store it in the name_str variable which is to be displayed. But it doesnt display the value of name_str.
change the f5 functionality in input type='file'   (94 Views)
problems with Spry/Ajax   (90 Views)
I have Spry placed on my web pages, when previewing in Firefox, and I click the Spry Accordion my nav at the top becomes bold and fuzzy, very strange, but it doesn't happen on every page www.jimpoole.net/sinclair-college-courses.html I've compared code and looked at everything I know and can't come up with anything...any suggestions
ajax won't work without the www in url   (112 Views)
at url http://lowellbonnell.ca/index.phpview=Markets my ajax will only work if you insert the www in firefox. IE is fine either way. Any ideas, Yep you are right. That is a little quirk in the Mozilla XMLHTTP object. You should really be using some kind of library to perform your asynchronous javascript calls. JQUERY makes it super easy and is compatible with all broswers. http://jquery.com/ jenni
[DOM] Assigning width/height values in percent without?   (126 Views)
If it were in the form of .95 instead of 95%, you could use parseFloat(string) instead. The main troubles with eval are a long run time and the possibility of evaluating malicious strings entered by a user.
Javascript Login with Redirection Issues   (79 Views)
Hi Everyone. I am fairly new to javascript and wanted to do a small site that basically has a form where you select your name from a drop down menu, insert your password in the password box and press log in, the page then quickly checks if the inputed password matches the one stored and if it does it automatically redirects to another page (which in this case is the user's personal page) What i have written at the moment is : function verify(menu,pass){ var setpass = "a"; var lowpass = pass.toLowerCase(); if(menu == "Alex" && lowpass == setpass){ alert("APROVED"); window.location = "Alex_main.html"; } else{ alert("ERROR"); } } It Shows the alerts but it does not redirect to the page, i am unsure why... Here is the form i am using: Alex What i basically want it to do is check if the password matches with the one that has been previously declared and if it does to redirect the user to his page. (this is for more or less personal use , in other words i dont see it ending up beeing hosted on the internet. I want to use it as a desktop background site for quick access.) [INDENT][INDENT]Also if its not too much trouble, i wanted to ask, is there a way that i can somehow record the logins So that for example i can come and see that John has logged in 5 times and Alex has logged in 2 times. That would be very helpfull![/INDENT][/INDENT]
Changing a stylesheet on the fly and saving it with?   (120 Views)
all! I am using some javascript code to change some classes of an external stylesheet on the fly. Is there any way (a variable perhaps) to access the changed stylesheet so that I store it afterwards with php, or should I rebuild it again (according to the options of the user) with my php code in order to save it