SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Show text/html when js timer runs out?

I'l post back when i get home... essential

Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 11:44:21 PM Total Views:  471
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

help with scrolling, clickable slide show   (172 Views)
. First let me say I'm completely novice in Java. Someone else wrote this and emailed it to me, I have just tried to used it. I know my way round html pretty well but this one's got me foxxed. I'm trying to write a image slide show website that can scroll. I'v managed it and it appear to work well. But then when I try it in firefox the images are selectable but the scrollbar locks solid. Here's the website http://freespace.virgin.net/jp.mountford/test/foliohome.htm and here's the java http://freespace.virgin.net/jp.mountford/test/ or a direct dowload http://freespace.virgin.net/jp.mountford/test/scroll.js I'd really appreciate any help in fixing this. Many
Frame forwarding, show different content based on?   (190 Views)
Hi , I will be creating a white label website for car hire dealers. My main website will be called something like: carhire.com, the content on carhire.com will be pulled in from a database. Now once that carhire.com is complete i want to be able to frame forward other domains e.g. phillscars.com, so what will happen is someone will go to phillscars.com and the content wil be loaded from carhire.com (the content loaded will be relevant to phillscars.com). There are going to be several domain names frame forwarding to carhire.com, each domain name needs to be read by carhire.com and serve the correct content based on the domain name. Also when someone goes to phillscars.com each link on the website needs to point to http://www.phillscars.com/thelink.php I am not sure how to achieve the above, if someone could point me in the correct direction or post sample code that would be most helpful.
Need to Preload many Images (and show a wait screen)   (197 Views)
:( I have a website at: http://www.outingsunlimited.com This site has quite a few "mouseover" images (37 actually) and I need to preload them before I start. When someone goes to the site, while the images are loading.....the screen is just blank and they think there is a problem.....:( HELP !!
How to make RSS reader show mediagroup content   (250 Views)
I've build a simple rss reader, using jquery mobile. It uses google feed API to return the feed as JSON. Now I want it to also show the content in the media tags, but I don't know how. I've tried this: for(i=1; i maxLength) maxLength : articleLength; for (var i = 1; i
slideshow won't start   (153 Views)
hi there, have these slide show code but when open a webpage the slides dont start automatically will appreciate if you find the cause... thanks java code: var interval = 1500; var random_display = 0; var image_dir = "images/" var ImageNum = 1; imageArray = new Array(); imageArray.push(new imageItem(image_dir + "3pizza.jpg")); imageArray[imageArray.length-1].sLink = image_dir + "1pizza.jpg"; imageArray.push(new imageItem(image_dir + "2pizza")); imageArray[imageArray.length-1].sLink = image_dir + "1pizza.jpg"; imageArray.push(new imageItem(image_dir + "3pizza.jpg")); imageArray[imageArray.length-1].sLink = image_dir + "3pizza.jpg"; var number_of_image = imageArray.length; function imageItem(image_location) { this.image_item = new Image(); this.image_item.src = image_location; } function get_ImageItemLocation(imageObj) { return(imageObj.image_item.src) } function randNum(x, y) { var range = y - x + 1; return Math.floor(Math.random() * range) + x; } function getNextImage() { if (random_display) { ImageNum = randNum(0, number_of_image-1); } else { ImageNum = (ImageNum+1) % number_of_image; } var new_image = get_ImageItemLocation(imageArray[ImageNum]); return(new_image); } function getPrevImage() { ImageNum = (ImageNum-1+number_of_image) % number_of_image; var new_image = get_ImageItemLocation(imageArray[ImageNum]); return(new_image); } function prevImage(place) { var new_image = getPrevImage(); document[place].src = new_image; } function rotateImage(place) { var new_image = getNextImage(); document[place].src = new_image; var recur_call = "rotateImage('"+place+"')"; timerID = setTimeout(recur_call, interval); } function seeImage() { window.location = imageArray[ImageNum].sLink; } window.onload = function () { prevImage("rImage"); } and html code: > play slideshow  || pause slideshow >
Getting the Time, Date etc. to show correctly?   (160 Views)
My only problem is getting the Time, Date, etc. to show up, my position is all good and I'm ready to have this start working per this code here /* timeStr is a text string containing the current date and time mapNum */ { var timeStr = showDateTime(); } -------- I created a time.div class to place this into my site, like this, document.write(timeStr); But I get a "undefined" FYI, have the dates.js JavaScrit file generating per the text of current date in the right folder. thanks in advance Will This post has been edited by Dormilich: 01 May 2012 - 03:13 PM
my jquery didnt shown   (323 Views)
why does my jquery didnt shown this is my header code, i'm using CI to code it.
onmouseover display a box that show text + URL   (224 Views)
i want to be able to display text + URL when i move to a link. When i select close window then the screen go away. No pop up window. i just want a box next to the link to be able to do this. Many
show image of the link on mouse over   (434 Views)
: This specific to the messages posted by members for various sections on this forum. when I read through the message text, and if the member has typed in some link of other site, on mouse over of this link i see small image of the link contents. I wanted to know how to do that Are the images stored in the database and shown on mouse over or its something else.
show hide   (282 Views)
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me this is the jqueryI have two problems that I am hoping somone can help me with What I am trying to do is when I click on a checkbox (#Facebook) it will display a div #widget-FB, and when I click on the close link (#widget-FB a.close), I can get it to delete. questions: 1:WHen I check the checkbox, it will set the cookie. The problem that I am having is that I am having is that hwen i click on the close link, I can't get it to delete the cookie. Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong 2: I am also wondering if you might know how I can have it so that if I uncheck the checkbox or click on the close link the div will disappear. $(document).ready(function(){
show and hide link in javascript   (148 Views)
, Check the code is given below:- A A details gsdfgdfgdfgdfgbcbcv bnnvgnbv ngngfjghjghjghjghjg hgfhgfhgf: Apparel using fabrics with asbestos fibres cannot be exported to EU. B B details Tris (2,3 dibromopropyl) phosphate (EC No. 204-799-9; CAS No. 126-72-7) Shall not be used in textile articles intended to come into contact with the skin such as garments, undergarments and linen C C details Mercury compounds Shall not be used as substances and constituents of mixtures intended for use in the impregnation of heavy-duty industrial textiles and yarn intended for their manufacture; please run the script above,there is one problem, when i open the link A,B and C then i get the hidden window on their appropriate link no issue in that, but i have one problem i want the output in this type when i click any link i.e A,B and c then the opened(previous link) link is automatically closed and open new link which i click. Please guide me.
Only the last HTML change is shown   (275 Views)
I would like to set a status on my page when the user clicks a button while we wait for an AJAX request to return, but that text never shows up. If you run the code below and click the button, you never see "working...". You just wait for 2 seconds, and then you see "DONE". How can I force the browser to render changes to the page as I make them Testing function buttonclick() { document.all.msg.innerText = 'working...'; sleep(2000); // to simulate the delay of the XmlHttpRequest document.all.msg.innerText = 'DONE'; } // Yes, I realize this is inefficient, it's just to provide a bit of delay so you can see if the "working" value was set. function sleep(delay) { var start = new Date().getTime(); while (new Date().getTime() < start + delay); }
Picture gallery/slideshow   (136 Views)
Hi! I could use some help with this picture slideshow Im making. I haven't really learned scripting in Java (just html and CSS) but for my webdesign exam I was asked to put the pictures in a slideshow gallery using Lightbox. But it's just not right. The pictures are supposed to set inside a white frame. But the pictures "leak" out a the right and bottom. I've tried looking at the CSS but I simply don't know enough about to know where to start... Here's the CSS. Hope someone can give it a look and offer their support.
createElement wont show table/div   (192 Views)
You will be happy to know that this works in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer. I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but it has something to do with the DOM and browser compatibility. If I figure it out I will let you know.
slide show Problemo   (197 Views)
all, Just took a JavaScript class, where they didn't teach us anything about slide shows. Now I have a client and I promised them a slide show on their website. I made an external Js file, and Firefox debugger keeps on giving me this error: document[place].src is undefined. Here's the code from the external .js, again really unfamiliar with this so I based it off example code I found: var num=0; var imgName="pictures/"; var slideImg= new Array(); slideImg[0]=new imageItem(imgName+"1.jpg"); slideImg[1]=new imageItem(imgName+"2.jpg"); slideImg[2]=new imageItem(imgName+"3.jpg"); function imageItem(image_location) { this.image_item = new Image(); this.image_item.src = image_location; } function get_ImageItemLocation(imageObj) { return(imageObj.image_item.src) } function getNextImage() { if(num < slideImg.length) { var new_img=get_ImageItemLocation(slideImg[num]); return(new_img); } else { num=1; } } function switchImage(place) { var new_img = getNextImage(); document[place].src=new_img; setTimeOut(switchImage(place)); } The problem should be in the last function switchImage().
download an existing slideshow from a web page?   (336 Views)
Is it possible to download a javascript slideshow which is present on a webpage In firefox I have addons to download flash swfs but could not find anything concerning javascript. I need this as I need to develop a slideshow in javascript very quickly for a client (our js developer is long gone :P ) and am not familiar with js at all. So was thinking could get an existing js slideshow and from there just learn how they implemented it, and then do almost same for mine. The js needed to be dev is same as on the website http://www.nationalgeographic.com (the main slideshow).
Javascript " page loading " showing   (100 Views)
Hi I want to submit a form using ajax and I want to show "LOADING" in the login page till the next page completely loads. and after its load then go to that page and show its contents. Any ideas Please help
Age Verifying Script, with different images showing?   (193 Views)
Hi. I'm setting up an alcohol website which requires age verifying. My knowledge in javascript is very limited. I already have this age verify javascript which i've downloaded off net. The problem is, i want a different image to show up at the bottom, when visitor selects their year. Eg. if they select any year from 1970-1979, an image of wine bottle will show. If any year from 1980 to 1989 is selected, a beer image will show up. Any help would be much appreciated. The age verify script im using is as following. function checkAge() { /* the minumum age you want to allow in */ var min_age = 18; /* change "age_form" to whatever your form has for a name="..." */ var year = parseInt(document.forms["age_form"]["year"].value); var month = parseInt(document.forms["age_form"]["month"].value) - 1; var day = parseInt(document.forms["age_form"]["day"].value); var theirDate = new Date((year + min_age), month, day); var today = new Date; if ( (today.getTime() - theirDate.getTime()) < 0) { document.location = 'underage.html'; /* change to the underage url */ return false; } else { return true; } } Day : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Month : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Year : 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975 1974 1973 1972 1971 1970 1969
Drop down menu and image slideshow problem   (325 Views)
on my website, I have a drop down jquery menu with links and a image slide show with links. When I mouse over on the drop down menu, the drop down menu links go behind the image slide show, any way to fix this Website: http://www.invincible-performance.com/index.html
Hekp with ajax slideshow   (241 Views)
okay i've spent hours in the web searching for the right image slideshow/gallery to use for my website but in vain! Dont get me wrong the jQuery, Ajax scripts i've seen so far are so good but they all use lists to load all the images at once and yet i'm targeting an area with not-so-much-bandwidth. Is there an image gallery script around that uses ajax to maybe fetch an image from an external file and display it on the page hope this makes sense!