SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

designer seeking help with javascript menu

I'm a graphic designer with very little HTML knowledge who has inherited the maintenance of non-profit agency's website. They have javascript drop-down menus as the part of their main navigation. Up until now, I've only had to change the text or change the size of the menus. But now, they've asked me to add a new menu to one of the buttons. I was hoping it would be simple "copy & paste" of the following code to create a new menu but I've tried it and it is isn't working. My guess is that it has something to do with the 'mm_menu_0623105927_3' but I really have no idea. Can someone shed some light window.mm_menu_0623105927_3 = new Menu("root",140,24,"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif",10,"#ffffff","#ffffff","#ff9900","#ffc700","left","middle",5,0,1000,1,-1,true,false,true,0,false,true); mm_menu_0623105927_3.addMenuItem("FORMS & APPLICATIONS","window.open('downloads/forms.htm', '_self');"); mm_menu_0623105927_3.addMenuItem("MEDIA","window.open('downloads/media.htm', '_self');"); mm_menu_0623105927_3.hideOnMouseOut=true; mm_menu_0623105927_3.menuBorder=0; mm_menu_0623105927_3.menuLiteBgColor='#ffffff'; mm_menu_0623105927_3.menuBorderBgColor='#ffffff'; mm_menu_0623105927_3.bgColor='#ffffff';
The live site is at http://www.jcyc.org .
(They want me to add a menu to the 'Contact Us' button) Thank you in advance., I assume that u have ur if statement and return function to where ever site ur editing, What I suggest u do for now is to change the last digit of ur submenu\MenuItem.... That is (eg.) in ur case if the last digit of downloads is 3 then for contact us u changed it to 4 U can try this and see if its gona work window.mm_menu_0623105927_4 = new Menu("root",140,24,"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif",10,"#ffffff","#ffffff","#ff9900","#ffc700","left","middle",5,0,1000,1,-1,true,false,true,0,false,true); mm_menu_0623105927_4.addMenuItem("The menu u want to add","window.open('Contact Us/forms.htm', '_self');"); mm_menu_0623105927_4.hideOnMouseOut=true; mm_menu_0623105927_4.menuBorder=0; mm_menu_0623105927_4.menuLiteBgColor='#ffffff'; mm_menu_0623105927_4.menuBorderBgColor='#ffffff'; mm_menu_0623105927_4.bgColor='#ffffff';

Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 09:56:56 PM Total Views:  145
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

seeking link to professional looking form validator script   (86 Views)
I've been looking for a client-side form validation script which will check each field before submitting the form. Can anyone point me to a good one that looks professional. I want it to make a nice presentation of any errors as well, perhaps, as showing a 'tick' sign when the field is correctly filled in . bazz
Javascript project seeking competent scripter/coder   (66 Views)
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST. SEND REPLIES DIRECTLY TO ME. I'll apologize in advance since I'm guessing this is slightly off- topic. I'm not a coder, but I need some help, and my limited knowledge leads me to believe that javascript will be just sufficient for my needs. I'm also under a very tight budget, which is why I'm posting here. In short, I'm looking for someone to do some javascript coding, and specifically, I'm seeking quotes for the following effort: I have a storefront page I would like to update. Each item in the store is represented by a thumbnail picture. Below the picture are the words "Order [item name]." The thumbnail pictures follow a set naming pattern: xxx_t.jpg where xxx is a number. TASK 1) When a thumbnail picture is clicked, it should open a window with a larger version of the picture. These files have a parallel naming pattern: xxx.jpg where xxx is the number identical to the thumbnail of the graphic. If the larger window uses a lightbox effect, that's great, but not necessary. TASK 2) When the "Order Item" link is clicked, it should open an order form. Based on the item, some of the criteria on the order form should be predetermined/precustomized. These customizations are very tightly constrained -- there are only three possible order form options. TASK 3) Submit all the form data to a third party site called Mal's E- commerce. You may need to assist with the correct configuration of our Mal's E-commerce account. I could do tasks 1 and 2 myself in a very tedious fashion, manually, with HTML, multiple order forms, and so forth. It's painful, slow, redundant, and really, I know better. I could do tasks 1 and 2 in a very complex fashion, using a full blown shopping cart system and ready-made CMS along with a MySQL database. It's overkill, and I know better. Neither option is appealing. I believe this can all be handled with a simple bit of Javascript code. While PHP would be a workable alternative, I prefer not to use an external database. An array contained in a separate file would be tolerable. Regardless, I don't code, which is why I'm farming this out. If you feel you can write this Javascript code (or if you have a better suggestion) send me a quote, along with a resume with portfolio that calls out your work. DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST. This project may be performed entirely remotely. I'd prefer to meet in person at least once, but even that isn't necessary if you have sufficient references and documented credentials. Based on the amount and quality of responses, it may take some time to evaluate quotes and portfolios. I will respond personally to submissions as soon as I can. Thank you!
seeking advise on what I should learn next?   (59 Views)
I have taught myself the basics of PHP (with the help of this awesome forum) I have all the basic (most common stuff on the web) stuff down fairly well. Now I am trying to figure out the best thing to learn next for web design and development. I was thinking javascript, so i can progress into ajax. Then i have noticed alot of mention of xml in my reading on ajax. So, should I first learn xml, then get js basics, and then focus on ajax
help altering mootools rating system to update database   (203 Views)
im trying to add a star rating system to a website. id like to do something elegant graphically instead of just using a drop down... the javascript framework im using is mootools and i found a great rating system here , but have no idea how to adjust it so that it updates the database with the new rating vote from the user and it calculates the new average rating. the way i have the database set up for this is with the following fields: id (the rating's unique id) listingid (the listing that the rating corresponds to) userid (the user that entered the rating) rating (the rating itself) i use php to communicate with a mysql database. the file im going to write will check to see if there is already a rating entered in from the logged in user. if there is, it will update it. if not, it will insert it, then it will calculate the average of all votes for that listing (rounded up) and return the new rating to the page and set the stars to reflect that rating... ive tweaked the code a bit to represent a 5 star system instead of a 10 star system and also so it can be used multiple times on a page. heres what ive been playing with: Mootools Simple Star Rating 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 $$('.rate').each(function(element,i){ element.addEvent('mouseup', function(){ var myStyles = ['nostar', 'onestar', 'twostar', 'threestar', 'fourstar', 'fivestar']; myStyles.each(function(myStyle){ if(element.getParent().hasClass(myStyle)){ element.getParent().removeClass(myStyle) } }); myStyles.each(function(myStyle, index){ if(index == element.title){ element.getParent().toggleClass(myStyle); alert(index); } }); }); }); and the css: /* star rating code - use lists because its more semantic */ /* No javascript required */ /* all the stars are contained in one matrix to solve rollover problems with delay */ /* the background position is just shifted to reveal the correct image. */ /* the images are 16px by 16px and the background position will be shifted in negative 16px increments */ /* key: B=Blank : O=Orange : G = Green * / /*..... The Matrix ....... */ /* colours ....Background position */ /* B B B B B - (0 0)*/ /* G B B B B - (0 -16px)*/ /* G G B B B - (0 -32px)*/ /* G G G B B - (0 -48px)*/ /* G G G G B - (0 -64px)*/ /* G G G G G - (0 -80px)*/ /* O B B B B - (0 -96px)*/ /* O O B B B - (0 -112px)*/ /* O O O B B - (0 -128px)*/ /* O O O O B - (0 -144px)*/ /* O O O O O - (0 -160px)*/ /* the default rating is placed as a background image in the ul */ /* use the background position according to the table above to display the required images*/ .rating{ width:80px; height:16px; margin:0 0 20px 0; padding:0; list-style:none; clear:both; position:relative; } .normal{background: url(star-bluebk.gif) no-repeat 0 0;} .featured{background: url(star-goldbk.gif) no-repeat 0 0;} /* add these classes to the ul to effect the change to the correct number of stars */ .nostar {background-position:0 0} .onestar {background-position:0 -16px} .twostar {background-position:0 -32px} .threestar {background-position:0 -48px} .fourstar {background-position:0 -64px} .fivestar {background-position:0 -80px} ul.rating li { cursor: pointer; /*ie5 mac doesn't like it if the list is floated\*/ float:left; /* end hide*/ text-indent:-999em; } ul.rating li a { position:absolute; left:0; top:0; width:16px; height:16px; text-decoration:none; z-index: 200; } ul.rating li.one a {left:0} ul.rating li.two a {left:16px;} ul.rating li.three a {left:32px;} ul.rating li.four a {left:48px;} ul.rating li.five a {left:64px;} ul.rating li a:hover { z-index:2; width:80px; height:16px; overflow:hidden; left:0; } ul.normal li a:hover { background: url(star-bluebk.gif) no-repeat 0 0} ul.featured li a:hover { background: url(star-goldbk.gif) no-repeat 0 0} ul.rating li.one a:hover {background-position:0 -176px;} ul.rating li.two a:hover {background-position:0 -192px;} ul.rating li.three a:hover {background-position:0 -208px} ul.rating li.four a:hover {background-position:0 -224px} ul.rating li.five a:hover {background-position:0 -240px} i havent even been able to get the system to average the current rating and the new rating... HELP!!!
help with dynamic table options   (93 Views)
, I have one question again if i dont disturb you thank you very much you helped me with your help i created one table again and in this table i added some another options for ex at the previous table there were only one problem sum of the dynamically added rows in this beside sum i need to sum of the percent of this sum for ex 10% of this dynamically added rows for ex. i added ten rows and i entered different values into these rows. in front of each row there are different option of percent selection. in row1 i added 1000 and chose from drop down box 10% in row2 i added 2500 and chose from drop down box 30% ............................................................. and so on and finally i summed separately sum of the values and sum percentage of this values to other texbox value if possible help me thanks beforehands here is code dinamik sheet function addrow(){ var tbl=document.getElementById('sheet'); var lastrow=tbl.rows.length; var iteration=lastrow; var row=tbl.insertRow(lastrow); var cellLeft=row.insertCell(0); var textNode=document.createTextNode(iteration); cellLeft.appendChild(textNode); var cellRight=row.insertCell(1); var el=document.createElement('input'); el.type='text'; el.name='txtRow'+iteration; el.size=40; el.setAttribute('sumMe',"1"); cellRight.appendChild(el); var cellRight2=row.insertCell(2); var el1=document.createElement('input'); el1.type='text'; el1.name='txtRowe'+iteration; el1.size=40; el1.setAttribute('sumMe',"1"); cellRight2.appendChild(el1); var cellRightsel=row.insertCell(3); var sel=document.createElement('select'); sel.name='selRow'+iteration; sel.options[0]=new Option('10%','value0'); sel.options[1]=new Option('20%','value1'); sel.options[2]=new Option('30%','value2'); cellRightsel.appendChild(sel); var cellRightsel2=row.insertCell(4); var sel1=document.createElement('input'); sel1.type='button'; sel1.value='sum row'+iteration; sel1.name='button'+iteration; cellRightsel2.appendChild(sel1); } function sum(){ var form=document.getElementById('eval_edit'); if(!form) return; var fields=form.getElementsByTagName('input'); var s=0; for (var i=0;i
help trying to send javascript from on page t another   (136 Views)
here is the code i am using, function University() { var mylist=document.getElementById("myList"); document.getElementById("favorite").value=mylist.options[mylist.selectedIndex].text; } Select your University: Brunel Kingston Kent Your University: i want the 'select your uni' to be on page1.htm and the second part 'your university' = the result to be on page2.htm, how do i go about this please.
javascript help pls   (103 Views)
Dear Helper, javascript code: dhtmlXTreeObject.prototype.getChecked=function(){ return this._getChecked("","",1); } dhtmlXTreeObject.prototype.getCheckedBranches=function(){ return this._getChecked("","",0); } dhtmlXTreeObject.prototype._getChecked=function(htmlNode,list,mode){ if(!htmlNode)htmlNode=this.htmlNode; if(((mode)&&(htmlNode.checkstate==1))||((!mode)&&(htmlNode.checkstate>0))){if(list)list+=","+htmlNode.id;else list=htmlNode.id;} var j=htmlNode.childsCount; for(var i=0;i
need help changing background color of an iframe   (114 Views)
I do not much understand what is going on. The iframe is transparent in all browsers but IE. I need to change the background color in IE, of my iframe and cannot figure it out. My code is below. It is pulling from an external file exfile.js. Nothing i have tried will change the background color, HELP!
validate with help text   (67 Views)
can someone tell me how to validate the form, in a way where the text comes below the field to be validated... unlike alerts please give an example for a textbox and a dropdown list... if possible...
My two constructors are not working any help please   (112 Views)
, my task was to make two constructors for the code that I also posted and they are not working. Can somebody help me figure out why they are not working. I posted them right below. here are my constructors for course and Faculty course.js: function Course (name, times, instructorName, instructorDept ) { this.name = name ||"unknown course name"; this.times = times||"unknown time"; this.instructor = new Faculty(instructorName, instructorDept); this.getname = function(); this.setname = function( name ); this.gettimes = function(); this.settimes = function( dept ); this.getinstructor() = function(); this.setinstructor(Faculty); this.name.toString = function(); } faculty.js: function Faculty(name, dept) { this.name = name || "unknown"; this.dept = dept || "unknown"; this.getname = function(); this.setname = function( name ); this.getdata = function(); this.setdata = function( dept ); this.name.toString = function(); this.dept.toString = function(); } Here is the test file testprob1.js: var fac1 = new Faculty( "Dr. Smith", "Math" ); document.writeln( "New faculty: " + fac1.getname() + ", " + fac1.getdept() + "" ); document.writeln( "Again: " + fac1 + "" ); var fac2 = new Faculty(); document.writeln( "New faculty: " + fac2.getname() + ", " + fac2.getdept() + "" ); fac2.setname( "Dr. Jones" ); fac2.setdept( "CS" ); document.writeln( "Updated: " + fac2.getname() + " " + fac2.getdept() + "" ); var crs1 = new Course( "COMP322", "MWF 1:00-1:50", "Dr. Green", "CS" ); document.writeln( "New course: " + crs1.getname() + ", " + crs1.gettimes() + ", " + crs1.getinstructor() + "" ); document.writeln( "Again: " + crs1 + "" ); var crs2 = new Course(); document.writeln( "New course: " + crs2.getname() + ", " + crs2.gettimes() + ", " + crs2.getinstructor() + "" ); crs2.setname( "COMP590" ); crs2.settimes( "TR 1:00-2:15" ); crs2.setinstructor( fac2 ); document.writeln( "Updated: " + crs2.getname() + ", " + crs2.gettimes() + ", " + crs2.getinstructor() ); The HTML drivers to run the code: Assignment 3, Problem 3
Google maps help   (86 Views)
I am using a a customized google map which is used to show properties for sale in a specific area. There tree level for this ie by Country, State and City and is done using list menu. It is working properly, It is showing markers when any item is selected. markers are added using ajax. But my problem is, If a country has many results it is taking long time to show the markers. I need to display some message like "loading..." or something like that to make it a bit user friendly. Also this delay is found only in Internet Explorer 6. Please help me
Need some help with code   (71 Views)
I am trying to create a personality test using javascript and I need help writing a javascript that calculates 4 columns of 12 rows. Each column will have it own total. So column 1 = total 1, column 2 = total 2 and so on. What I would like to do with the totals of each column is: 1st check to see if the sum of all columns equals 120. If not I would need some kind of error message. Secondly, I would like to have an option to email just the totals of each column to me. I have included what I have so far. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Disc Profile Instructions: Rank each horizontal row of words as either 4, 3, 2, or 1, with 4 being the word that best describes you and 1 being the least like you. Do not search for what you think is the best response. There are no right or wrong answers. Use all rankings in each line only once. The first row is an example. Dominant Influencing Steadfast Conscientious Forceful Lively Modest Tactful Aggressive Emotional Accommodating Consistant Direct Animated Agreeable Accurate Tough People-oriented Gentle Perfectionist Daring Impulsive Kind Cautious Competitve Expressive Supportive Precise Risk-taker Talkative Relaxed Factual Argumentative Fun-loving Patient Logical Bold Spontaneous Stable Organized Take Charge Optimistic Peaceful Conscientious Candid Cheerful Loyal Serious Independent Enthusiastic Good Listener High Standards D = I = S = C = Your Name: *Required Your Email: *Required  
Please help me   (77 Views)
What I am trying to do is preload images on my website and delay my javascript slide-show until the images are completely done loading. Right now the slide-show starts while the images are still loading, making it kind of awkward. I am using this to preload my images but it isn't working. The is the site http://www.nathancharles.net/i_0.html If anyone could help me that would be awesome.
help ,problem with radio   (131 Views)
hello i have problem with radio in this code Untitled Document function add() { var radio=document.getElementsByName("t"); var d=document.getElementById("div"); if(radio[0].checked==true) { d.innerHTML+=""; d.innerHTML+=""; d.innerHTML+=""; } if(radio[1].checked==true) { d.innerHTML+=""; d.innerHTML+=""; } }
help with scrolling, clickable slide show   (135 Views)
. First let me say I'm completely novice in Java. Someone else wrote this and emailed it to me, I have just tried to used it. I know my way round html pretty well but this one's got me foxxed. I'm trying to write a image slide show website that can scroll. I'v managed it and it appear to work well. But then when I try it in firefox the images are selectable but the scrollbar locks solid. Here's the website http://freespace.virgin.net/jp.mountford/test/foliohome.htm and here's the java http://freespace.virgin.net/jp.mountford/test/ or a direct dowload http://freespace.virgin.net/jp.mountford/test/scroll.js I'd really appreciate any help in fixing this. Many
java script help for making webpage sample.?   (138 Views)
i am trying to create a webpage. In creating webpage i have troubling by java script. I have to make a drop down button. The elements of drop down button are pakistan afganistan india. Question is, when i click on pakistan then cities of Pakistan must be show, same if i click on afganistan then cities of afganistan must be shown, same as india, when i clicked at india then cities of india must shown, in another dropdown box. After that when i click on india. then there city. then a message window must be appear with Message "Chuck dai india", sane as pakistan "Pakistan is world champion", and with afganistan "Afganistan is neighbour of pakistan" Can u tell me java script use for it. Please give me proper code and tell me reference of website. I am new to java script.
Need help with form submission   (127 Views)
, I am designing my website and I want people visiting my site to be able to submit a form. However, if they submit a form, I would like to require certain information to be submitted. I got a script from Dynamic Drive that is supposed to do that but here is the problem. Inside the form tag it has this code-"form name="formcheck" onsubmit="return formCheck(this); " As you can see, there is not a "Action" or "Method" shown. So can someone tell me what I will need to do to cause this script, if form validation occurs, to send me the info from form in an E-Mail. Thank you.
plzzzz help me with javascript code   (119 Views)
hey u all code master...plzz help me...i need complete javascript code whichlist all files that are in a folder......is it possibl;e in javascript or not to list the files..... for exam ..in c:\Books\...i have five file...then i need a javascript code which list all the file on a hml page......
Urgently need help!!!   (137 Views)
Can anyone send me a simple, understandable javascript code for form validation, including e-mail validation,name validation , password validation etc. pls! send me in hurry!!!:'(
help!   (128 Views)
, Here's what I'm interested in doing but can't get working. In my webpage, the user can visualize some information from the database and eventually choose to edit it. ( this is done with AJAX). When the user clicks on "edit" the appropriate section is refreshed such that the aforementioned information appears in a text input and can now be modified by the user. What I would like to do next, is to take this modified information, associate it with a new variable and send it to the database to replace the old information - this is done after clicking a "save" button. (Again done with AJAX). However I'm having difficulties with this as I do not know how to associate the new information from the text input to a new variable. Perhaps there is a more intelligent way Any ideas are welcome! Best from Brussels, TMT000