SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

cookie on different domain

Is there anyway to set cookie on a different domain

Posted On: Friday 30th of November 2012 02:02:27 AM Total Views:  363
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

JS help w/ cookies   (318 Views)
I'm beginning to think that I don't have the eyes for this. Chrome's JS console is telling me that on line 28 "setCookie is not defined". What does this mean I've looked at the function portion and it looked the same as my book but I have missed punctuation/spelling before.
Stop Google Analytics setting cookies on a subdomain   (143 Views)
I'm trying to serve static content from a cookieless subdomain s.mydomain.org.uk, so that image/css requests from pages at www.mydomain.org.uk don't get sent with needless cookie data. The trouble is that Google Analytics insists on adding its cookies (_utma, _utmz) to those requests anyway! My code is: try { var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("xxxx"); pageTracker._setDomainName("www.mydomain.org.uk"); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch (err) { } Any ideas
cookie   (149 Views)
ok so i have a page where the user clicks something the page sets a cookie.and its in the onlick event. But for some eird reason it won't work doesnt any1 know why also i created a function for setting cookies but it still doesnt seem to work.
Is there any Script to clear cookies on every time?   (208 Views)
Dear Viewers, Let me say you a scenario where we do regular updates for our clients site or our site. After updation we clear the browser cookies or refresh the page atleast to view the updated changes, knowing already that the content has been updated. But how will the clients or other viewers who are regular visitors of our site know the updated changes, who may not refresh or clear the cookies Is there any script or anything of that sort that clears the cookies or refreshes the pages each time when it gets loaded or any other solution for this problem. Please let me know .
Making a cookie that is visible thru all subdomains?   (144 Views)
I have this line: document.cookie =textbox+this.getParameterByName("idProd")+'='+document.getElementById('name').value+'; domain=mydomain.com; expires='+dia.toGMTString()+'; path=/'; This cookie should work on the mydomain.com and all of its subdomains to read and write, correct Doesnt work online but works on local thats why I ask.
set cookie after x seconds   (149 Views)
I have a question that is driving me crazy. I am trying to set a cookie after the page has loaded for 1 minute. Currently in my script I set it to activate the cookie after 12 seconds. but it doesn't seem to work. Please help me..
javascript color picker cookies, help needed   (297 Views)
, I have created a javascript script to select a color for the css theme. I have it working great for picking, but the problem is when I refesh it goes back to the default. I was wondering if somone might know why my cookies are not saving from html page then in the html body       and last my styleswitcher window.onload = initStyle; window.onunload = unloadStyle; function initStyle() { thisCookie = cookieVal("style"); var title; if (thisCookie) { title = thisCookie } else { title = getPreferredStylesheet(); } setActiveStylesheet(title); var allButtons = document.getElementsByClassName("input"); for (i=0;i
chacking for a cookie using JS   (130 Views)
How do i check for a cookie using javascript, and then say if the cookie is found, write "this" or if the cookie is not found, write "that"
Persistant cookie?   (317 Views)
How To write in a persistant cookie for this function showimage() { if (!document.images) return document.images.pictures.src= document.mygallery.picture.options[document.mygallery.picture.selectedIndex].value } //--> Green Banner Blue banner Pink Banner
Question: How to store text input to a cookie and retrieve on resfreh?   (133 Views)
I am trying to solve a problem. I have a form that displays that have multiple text fields. I would like to save those text fields, which have unique names and are dynamical create, to a cookie and then retrieve them on refresh. I want the form to repopulate on reload or refresh of the page. I thought maybe jQuery was the way to go and I found a few tidbits of code laying around but I still haven't been successful at coming up with a good solution.
Third party cookie on safari   (156 Views)
, I have a doubt in setting a third party cookies on browsers, Firefox and chrome allows third party cookies by default IE if we use p3policy it works fine *Likewise is there any way to allow third party on safari even if privacy setting set to block third party... Any technology like p3p to allow TPC on safari
auto kill cookies   (140 Views)
function SetCookie (name,value,expires,path,domain,secure) { document.cookie = name + "=" + escape (value) + ((expires) "; expires=" + expires.toGMTString() : "") + ((path) "; path=" + path : "") + ((domain) "; domain=" + domain : "") + ((secure) "; secure" : ""); } how can i set my cookies to auto kill after 20 minutes, or even better, on page or browser exit Its for an ordering app.
stopwatch in javascript+cookies   (161 Views)
I'm looking for the code of a stopwatch which will not become reset after page refresh and 'll hold the stopwath time for the whole day.The stopwatch 'll be started when the page loads and even if the user closes the page the time will not be reset and it'll keep on running.The stopwatch can only be stopped with the stop button.The coding is to be done in javascript.Can any one help me
Problem With retrieving cookies   (144 Views)
I would like to know the working of this code in brief.. any help will be appreciated... function getCookie(c_name) { if (document.cookie.length>0) { c_start=document.cookie.indexOf(c_name + "="); if (c_start!=-1) { c_start=c_start + c_name.length+1; c_end=document.cookie.indexOf(";",c_start); if (c_end==-1) c_end=document.cookie.length; return unescape(document.cookie.substring(c_start,c_end)); } } return ""; }
read cookie set with php in javascript   (182 Views)
I'm trying to read a cookie that I've set with php with javascript. The cookie is for storing the username when logging in to a site. If the cookie has been set I want the focus in the inline popup to target the password field so that the user doesn't have to tab down from the username field of the login form. the php script stores the cookie perfectly: if (isset($_POST['remember'])){ $expire = time()+60*60*24*30; setcookie("login_username", $username, $expire); echo $_COOKIE['login_username']; } else { if (isset($_COOKIE['login_username']) || isset($_COOKIE['password'])){ $expire = time()-3600; setcookie("login_username", "", $expire); } } The javascript: if (targetfocus == 'login_username'){ alert(readCookie('login_username')); if (readCookie('login_username') == 'username'){ targetfocus = 'password'; } } $("#"+targetfocus).focus(); ... function readCookie(name) { var cookieName = name + "="; var cookieArray = document.cookie.split(';'); for (var i = 0; i < cookieArray.length; i++){ var cookie = cookieArray[i]; while (cookie.charAt(0)==' '){ cookie = cookie.substring(1,cookie.length); } if (cookie.indexOf(cookieName) == 0){ return cookie.substring(cookieName.length,cookie.length); } return null; } } But when trying to read the cookie in the javascript code I receive null when I put an alert to the code. Why won't the javascript find the cookie Is it because I'm running the site localhost on my laptop Does that have an effect on cookies Please let me know if you have any tips or corrections to my code. Thank you very much!
persistant cookie for select function   (281 Views)
Could Somebody Please Write Me a cookie For the following code I tried several Times But Nothing worked, I just dont understand cookie functions. I want a users selection to remain indefinately until they change it, at which point a new cookie is written. Please share your skill
Change The background
document.write according to log-in cookie present?   (152 Views)
Im making a website which has a login system where if the user is logged in (cookie found) it displays extra buttons in the menu, and i was thinking we could use a document.write script which uses a function that checks if the logged in cookie is present or absent, and then "writes" the appropriate menu buttons.. i can do html scripting but not javascript or php, and was wondering what would need to be added to out login script so it wrote a cookie to their computer, and that when the user loads a page, the javascript checks for the cookie. I need the php script and the javascript script..
New UK cookie laws - JavaScript Help   (158 Views)
Hi ,There is a new law in the UK which has to adhere to, this is to inform user's on websites for the use of cookies.I now need a simple pop area/box to show the user a little bit of information about this with "yes" and "no" buttons for them to use, making the popup disappear once one button has been selected. It's just needs to be simple and functional, i'm asking you to help me with this as i'm worried about any infringement i may cause by not having this, please help, many
Use cookie to save window status 2 - JavaScript Help   (157 Views)
Hi ,I use a cookie to save the status of divs on my page. When someone clicks the "hide" button then this code runs:function toggle5(showHideDiv, switchImgTag) { var ele = document.getElementById(showHideDiv); var imageEle = document.getElementById(switchImgTag); if(ele.style.display == "block") { ele.style.display = "none"; setCookie(showHideDiv,'false',9999); imageEle.innerHTML = ''; } else { ele.style.display = "block"; setCookie(showHideDiv,'true',9999); imageEle.innerHTML = ''; } }Now the window is hidden. I save a cookie with the name of the div and the value "false".When the page is reloaded it should check which divs should be hidden and then hide them.How can I use javascript for this
Reading cookie values using split and slice method give problems   (228 Views)
In my college assignment, I have to use split and slice methods to read cookies. So, I have something like following. (I know there are different ways, to use substring and etc). But I have to use split and slice. function getCookie(name) { var len = name.length; var cookies = document.cookie.split(';'); for(var i =0; count = cookies.length; i < count; i++) { var value = (cookies[i].slice(0,1) == ' ') cookies[i].slice(1) : cookies[i]; if(value.slice(0,len) == name) { return cookies[i].split('=')[1]; } } return false; } n one of my problems, I'm setting 3 cookies in document.cookie: Like this fName=son, lName='pat' email=sp@d.com cookies get properly in my function. I'm just giving everything works fine until I read first cookie (fName). But the example then never reads from second cookie. To read these cookies, I'm using statements like : getCookie('fName') //This returns right cookie value. getCookie('lName') //This never returns cookie value. I'm trying to figure out where is the problem using firebug console. It shows that second cookie name gets sliced off for one character less than its value. That is, if(value.slice(0, len) == name) // This sentence slice off value to len-1 characters. { return .... } firebug console response for console.log(value.slice(0,len)); inside the loop: fName lName=mol lNam email=pmol@mycompany.com emai