SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Converting document.writeln output to textarea box

I was just wondering if there was any easy way to convert a document.writeln output to display inside a textarea box in a form. I recently had done an airline reservation assignment (enter 1 for first class, enter 2 for economy class) assignment with all output just written to a blank webpage with window.prompts. Now my teacher wants us to get input (enter 1 or 2) from a textbox and to display all the output inside a textarea box inside a table.

Posted On: Saturday 24th of November 2012 04:23:25 AM Total Views:  331
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

converting unicode to arabic data   (116 Views)
Hi , I have a searcher in my form , on click of searcher, it displays a popup window with a list of cities in arabic language. the functionality is when i click on any of the city in the list the value should be populated in the text field in the parent window and the pop up window should get closed. I am using window.returnValue for returning the chosen value Issue : the value returned to the parent window from the pop up window has been changed to unicode . its like "%U0672%U0679%U0674". its not populating the arabic literal. Kindly let me know either how to convert this unicode in to arabic or let me know how to return the value in arabic instead of unicode from the pop up window to parent window
converting unicode to arabic data   (96 Views)
Hi , I have a searcher in my form , on click of searcher, it displays a popup window with a list of cities in arabic language. the functionality is when i click on any of the city in the list the value should be populated in the text field in the parent window and the pop up window should get closed. I am using window.returnValue for returning the chosen value Issue : the value returned to the parent window from the pop up window has been changed to unicode . its like "%U0672%U0679%U0674". its not populating the arabic literal. Kindly let me know either how to convert this unicode in to arabic or let me know how to return the value in arabic instead of unicode from the pop up window to parent window
Is it possible to stop document.writeln() opening a new page errors?   (114 Views)
Probably a stupid noob question, is there any way I can stop document.write from outputting info to a new page I would prefer to have it shown in a textarea. Info from an array that is suppose to display in a text area when button is clicked and when another button is clicked it is suppose to show some other info. But what happens is the first info displays in textarea for a few seconds and then the second info is displayed but on a new page and not the textarea where I want it to go I have marked code within the code // I want this specific code to be displayed second but I know its in the wrong spot. Here is the code [CODE] function show() { var myArray = new Array(); myArray[0] = document.getElementById('fullname').value; ' myArray[1] = document.getElementById('address').value; myArray[2] = document.getElementById('phone').value; myArray[3] = document.getElementById('email').value; //Code I want to display second in the textarea //var string = myArray.join("\n") //document.getElementById('textarea').value = string; document.writeln('Thank you for registering,' + ' ' + myArray[0] + '. Your membership will be confirmed by E-mail to ' + myArray[2] + ""); document.writeln('Registration Details:') document.writeln("") for (var i=0; i
converting unicode to arabic data   (99 Views)
Anybody know of any solutions for converting Excel?   (105 Views)
Does anybody have any solutions for converting Excel Spreadsheet calculators into HTML, most likely with Javascript commands. There are a couple software companies like SpreadsheetConverter and ExcelEverywhere that do this, but does anybody know of any free solutions out there. Here's a CNET link to ExcelEverywhere's description: http://download.cnet.com/ExcelEverywhere-for-HTML/3000-2077_4-10211203.htmltag=mncol . I'm looking for something that can function the same as this.
Javascript Dice Roller - Passing, rolling, output?   (100 Views)
, I am taking a JavaScript class and I am currently on an assignment where my Professor wants me to create a dice roller program with the following stipulations: * Users can choose via form how many sides that they can choose from, between 2 and 100. * Dice are rolled '36000' times and totals are tracked. * Actual totals and percentages are shown. ie. 2: 2341 3: 4486 4: 6626 5: 9166 6: 6636 7: 4480 8: 2265 2: 6.50% 3: 12.46% 4: 18.41% 5: 25.46% 6: 18.43% 7: 12.44% 8: 6.29% Now to the problems. I have set up to where it will take the form, pass it to my "sidecheck" function, but I do not think it is passing it to the Die() function to roll the die. As far as the output part of it to show roll totals and percentages, I am lost on that one. Below is my code and what I have so far. Thank you for your help in advance. Lab05 - Dice Roller function sidecheck( ) { if ( document.getElementById("sides").value < 2 || document.getElementById("sides").value > 100 ) { alert( "Value you entered is not within range" ); } else if ( isNaN(document.getElementById("sides").value )) { alert( "Value you entered is not within range" ); } else { Die( sides ); } return false; } function Die( sides ) { this.sides = 6; this.roll = function( ) { return parseInt((Math.random( ) * 1000) % this.sides) + 1; } } function field_prompt(field_name, prompt) { var sides = document.getElementById( field_name ); sides.value = prompt; sides.style.color = "#888"; sides.onfocus = function( ) { this.style.color = "#000"; if ( this.value == prompt ){ this.value = ""; } } sides.onblur = function( ){ if( this.value == "" ){ this.style.color = "#888"; this.value = prompt; } } } window.onload = function( ) { field_prompt( "sides", 12 ); } Dice Roller Enter a number of sides for the die between 2 and 100. var d = new Die( ); d.sides = 12; var rolled_value = d.roll( ); Rolled Times Each Percentage Total
How can I get output in a table by using the document?   (143 Views)
suppose I have code like: I want to put stuff in here How would I be able to put the value of a JavaScript array into the part where I want to put stuff. Say the value of the array at a position is hello, I would output hello.
How to define and use classes output issue.   (129 Views)
I need my output to choose either customer or employee and list the relative information. { package persontesterapplication; public class Employee { private String Name; // The Customer Name private int socialSecurity; // The Customer Social Security # private String email; // The Customer Email public Employee() { Name=""; socialSecurity = 0; email = ""; } public Employee (String n, int ss, String em) { Name = n; socialSecurity = ss; email = em; } public void setName(String n) { Name = n; } public void setidnumber(int pn) { socialSecurity = pn; } public void setdepartmen(String em) { email = em; } public String getName() { return Name; } public int getsocialSecurity() { return socialSecurity; } public String email() { return email; } } public class Customer extends Person { private String Name; // The Customer Name private int customerNumber; // The Customers Number private String eMail; // The Customers E-Maill public Customer() { Name=""; customerNumber = 0; eMail = ""; } public Customer (String n, int ss, String em, int cn, String em); { super(n,cn,em); customerNumber = cn; eMail = em; } public int getCustomerNumber() { return customerNumber; } public String geteMail() { return eMail; } public void setCustomerNumber(int customerNumber) { this.customerNumber = customerNumber; } public static void main (String [] Args){ Customer customer = new Customer("Joe Smith",818224841,"Jsmith@gmail.com"); System.out.println(" Name Number eMail"); System.out.println("__________________ System.out.println(" " + customer.getName() + " " + customer.customerNumber() + " " + customer.geteMail()); System.out.print("Continue (y/n): "); choice = sc.next(); sc.nextLine(); // discard any other data entered on the line System.out.println(); }
problem getting xml output to appear on to a index.php page   (135 Views)
hello , I need to use this code : $value ) { $value = htmlspecialchars( $value ); // wrap up the fields and values as xml $output .= "\t\t$value\n"; } $output .= "\t\n"; } $output .= ""; return $output; } > to print the xml created which looks like: Actionscript with PHP Flex & Flash Programming 15.00 but it needs to refresh every 5 seconds can anybody help me
How can I make links clickable from a MySQL post output   (122 Views)
If someone posts something, and it includes a link, I'd like that link to be able to be clicked and link to the site instead of just showing up as a string. Does anyone know a script that can accomplish this About an hour of googling has got me nowhere.
problem getting xml output to appear on to a index.php page   (152 Views)
hello , I need to use this code : $value ) { $value = htmlspecialchars( $value ); // wrap up the fields and values as xml $output .= "\t\t$value\n"; } $output .= "\t\n"; } $output .= ""; return $output; } > to print the xml created which looks like: Actionscript with PHP Flex & Flash Programming 15.00 but it needs to refresh every 5 seconds can anybody help me
Active Drag/Resize Image (within bounds) and save output?   (251 Views)
Bit of a lengthy topic name, I know - I'm trying to make a sort of really lightweight online t-shirt designer - basically, it'll show a picture of a t-shirt in the background (you'll be able to change the color via selector), and then be able to upload an image, drag it around the t-shirt and resize it. I've found this: http://snippets.dzon.../posts/show/512 But I have no clue (after looking at the JS, I'm still pretty new) how to set bounds to keep it in, or how to save/output the image it creates - that is, the uploaded image on top of the t-shirt needs to be saved as a single image and then output, probably via email. I am fairly fluent in PHP, but still pretty new to javascript. What is A, the best way to upload the user image (and give a max file-size) and B, the best way to drag/resize it around the t-shirt, but without moving it off the t-shirt image, and C, save that image then output it
Javascript Dice Roller - Passing, rolling, output issues   (197 Views)
, I am taking a Javascript class and I am currently on an assignment where my Professor wants me to create a dice roller program with the following stipulations: * Users can choose via form how many sides that they can choose from, between 2 and 100. * Dice are rolled '36000' times and totals are tracked. * Actual totals and percentages are shown. ie. 2: 2341 3: 4486 4: 6626 5: 9166 6: 6636 7: 4480 8: 2265 2: 6.50% 3: 12.46% 4: 18.41% 5: 25.46% 6: 18.43% 7: 12.44% 8: 6.29% Now to the problems. I have set up to where it will take the form, pass it to my "sidecheck" function, but I do not think it is passing it to the Die() function to roll the die. As far as the output part of it to show roll totals and percentages, I am lost on that one. Below is my code and what I have so far. Thank you for your help in advance. Lab05 - Dice Roller function sidecheck( ) { if ( document.getElementById("sides").value < 2 || document.getElementById("sides").value > 100 ) { alert( "Value you entered is not within range" ); } else if ( isNaN(document.getElementById("sides").value )) { alert( "Value you entered is not within range" ); } else { Die( sides ); } return false; } function Die( sides ) { this.sides = 6; this.roll = function( ) { return parseInt((Math.random( ) * 1000) % this.sides) + 1; } } function field_prompt(field_name, prompt) { var sides = document.getElementById( field_name ); sides.value = prompt; sides.style.color = "#888"; sides.onfocus = function( ) { this.style.color = "#000"; if ( this.value == prompt ){ this.value = ""; } } sides.onblur = function( ){ if( this.value == "" ){ this.style.color = "#888"; this.value = prompt; } } } window.onload = function( ) { field_prompt( "sides", 12 ); } Dice Roller Enter a number of sides for the die between 2 and 100. var d = new Die( ); d.sides = 12; var rolled_value = d.roll( ); Rolled Times Each Percentage Total
Trying to output 2D array contents to a textarea   (118 Views)
For some reason when I click the submit button, nothing gets displayed in the textarea. What did I do wrong here Code: Welcome function submit() { for (i=0; i
Why don't I get the required output ?   (157 Views)
Can anybody correct my small javascript program function sum(a,b) { var c=0; c=a+b; document.write("SUM "+c); } function enter() { var a=0; var b=0; a=parseInt(window.prompt('Please enter a: ','')); b=parseInt(window.prompt('Please enter b: ','')); } enter(); sum(a,b);
converting date in day   (251 Views)
function compare(txtFrom,txtTo) { var a = txtFrom; var b = txtTo; var x=a.split('/'); var y=b.split('/'); var oneday=1000*60*60*24; var dateto=new Date(x[1]-1,x[2],x[0]); var datefrom=new Date(y[1]-1,y[2],y[0]); var month1=x[1]-1; var month2=y[1]-1; var diff=Math.ceil((datefrom.getTime()-dateto.getTime())/(oneday)); if(diff>=0) { alert(diff); alert("true"); return true; } else { alert(diff); alert("false"); alert('in any of the field u have insert wrong:to date>from date'); return false; } } above code is done on javascript for chacking of date requirement is from date must be less than todate ex-from 03/12/2008 to 03/20/2008 this is correct date and code work properly but if i do like from 03/18/2007 to 03/02/2008 this is correct date but this code is not working.pls guide me This post has been edited by PsychoCoder: 20 March 2008 - 10:36 PM
character output from an array   (128 Views)
hello, i've been with this code for quite some time. I'm using an input text box to get a string from the user. Then using javascript, i'm looking for the location of the character in an array and then replace in by another character in a different array but at the same position. The problem is that when i'm sending the output to a textbox,I'm getting an "undefined " message followed by the correct output. Can anyone help me how to get rid of the "undefined" message that is sent to the output text box.
background color in html table with JS loop output?   (153 Views)
I am not really sure how to call a JS variable inside HTML table to designate background color of table. I think I have the pieces somewhat assembled; I just need to know how to connect them How to get the result of the Javascript loop to populate each cell of the table. I hope that makes some kind of sense. TEST var i=0; for (i=0;i50) { color="#000000"; } else { color="#FFFFFF"; } document.write(color); }
JQuery adding variables and outputting onto page   (130 Views)
I have javascript which counts seperately every time 2 seperate buttons are clicked, this then outputs the amount on the same page. This works, however I am now trying to add a third value to output on the page which is the total of the clicks which i would calculate by adding the 2 attributes together. This just doesn't seem to be working though. java var NextClick = 0; var PrevClick = 0; var TotalClicks = 0; function getValueNext() { var y=document.getElementById("NextClick").value = ++NextClick $('.NextClick').val(y); } function getValuePrev() { var x=document.getElementById("PrevClick").value = ++PrevClick $('.PrevClick').val(x); } function getSumClicks() { var z= x + y $('.TotalClicks').val(z); } Html Clicked next times. Clicked prev times. Clicked total times.
for label and design output   (124 Views)
ok, i wrote a label for statement that on row 1 has "*" and nine spaces. row 2 has 2 "*" and 8 spaces and so on...... till my tenth row has ten "8" now i need to do the opposite; row 1; 9 spaces and 1 * row 2; 8 spaces and 2 * and so on...... row 10 has 10 * here is what i have so far. the first nextRow Label is good but the second one isn't. nextRow: // target label of continue statement for ( var row = 1; row = 1; --column ) { if ( column < row ) continue nextRow; // next iteration of labeled loop document.write( "* " ); } //end for } //end for nextRow: // target label of continue statement for ( var row = 1; row