SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Center Div in Browser

A requirement for the project I am currently working on is that when various links on a page are clicked that the appropriate "layer" (i.e. div) will be displayed centered in the browser. I have tried using various javascript solutions and they center some div's and not others. Does anyone have an example of a way to show and hide a div that is centered in the browser no matter where the div is located in the html Any html/css and javascript code examples greatly appreciated!

Posted On: Saturday 24th of November 2012 04:29:35 AM Total Views:  367
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Always centered   (111 Views)
I am making a website, and the body of the website is very long (8000px). That's because everytime a link is in the header it slides to another coordinate on the long image. But I was wondering if it is possible, to always have the coordinates that are shown in the center of the browser. I don't know if I need javascript or just css and html. I think I probably first need to find out the width of the users browser right I hope you understand what I meen and that you can help me. The link to the site is: http://wearecrunch.dk/gammelsjuf/
How to open a radwindow at the center of the screen   (260 Views)
I have a popup(telerik radwindow) which is in iframe.And i wnt that popup to be opened at the center of the screen and not at the center of iframe. If I scroll the page it should reamain at the center of the screen. Thanx in advance
blind opening in the center of the page   (183 Views)
Hi I have a requirement. I have a page that has a number of blinds. When the user clicks on any one of the blinds, it should align itself to the center of the page. I tried this approach var sHeight = screen.height/2; document.body.scrollTop = sHeight - (sHeight - clientYvalue); blindPosition = clientYvalue; but it is not working.
centering add banner code (AdMob)   (157 Views)
I have a web site that uses some code to put adds into the page, but my adds are not centered, whats the code to make it be in the center of the page, at the moment its to the far right for some reason, I want to try and correct that. Here is an example of the add code, I want to center this, but leave the rest of my code on the page as it is, so I want it to only effect this add code here. var admob_vars = { pubid: 'd45kdzjndj45n45nj', // publisher id bgcolor: '000000', // background color (hex) text: 'FFFFFF', // font-color (hex) test: true // test mode, set to false if non-test mode }; This is an admob script for a web page in landscape for those that may recognise, so perhaps some of you have tried to get AdMob in landscape.
javascript to move one image to center of document   (222 Views)
I want to place an image at the center of document which looks like scrolling an image. and also i want a menu also like this . the example is " http://samirbhardwaj.com "flora image could any one help me with this code . same feature only i want
Yahoo! Maps center & zoom   (177 Views)
, I'm having some problems with the Yahoo! Maps API. I have a map with multiple markers, and want the map to adjust it's zoom and centre to display all markers optimally. This is my code (the last 2 lines + the array.push lines are responsible for the zoom & center stuff). /**/ Although these lines come pretty straight from the Yahoo! Maps API docs, and I'm not getting any errors, they are not doing what they are supposed to. The map just centers on the last coordinate, and the zoom is also off. Anyone an idea what's going wrong, and how to fix this Cheers BN
Div Float center inside a Table   (127 Views)
Welcome Client
How to add div's and make them scroll   (127 Views)
I want to make a sms system, where users can send a sms message and then it is showed. So for every new message I get I need to make a new div, add it and scroll the others down Does anyone know a good example or tutorial to get me started on this
hide show div using 1 button   (127 Views)
hello.. kind of confusing how to make it work.. i want to use a one button for hiding and showing div.. $(document).ready(function() { $(".Email").hide(); $("#change").click(function () { $(".Email").slideDown("slow"); $("#change").html("Hide"); im using jquery .. when you click the button it will show the div then the button caption will be "Hide" and my dillema starts here.. dunno how to work that changed caption button to be use for hiding the div...
Open POST response in div   (211 Views)
I have a main.php page with multiple divs. I load whole pages in these divs using AJAX. Some of these pages have forms with submit buttons. The structure of the pages is like so: For acc_settings.php . . UPDATE So the form is processed by acc_settings.php itself. When the submit button is pressed, the form info is sent to acc_settings but the browser loads up acc_settings.php What I want is that the form should remain the way it is but the response should be displayed in the same div in main.php and acc_settings.php should not be opened by the browser. There might be an AJAX solution to this.
show hide divs   (175 Views)
I'm new at javascript. I'm looking for help with the code below. I am trying to create a nav bar with opening and closing divs (vertical tab menu). However I'd like to have the ability for the user not to have to close the div in order to select the next div. Is there any action i can add to the code below to enable this function Thank you. Dropdown One Dropdown Two
Change the magnification level of a div with contents?   (121 Views)
I have a main div with a fixed width for which the overflow is set to hidden. Inside that there is a content div which can have variable width depending on the number of its contents. Each content has an image and some text. There may be 100 s of contents. I have a scrollbar for changing the magnification level and a scrollbar for viewing the contents inside the content div. I have tried using style.zoom property for the content div. But it has problems when the position of the div is changed using the other scrollbar. Is there any alternative to change the magnification level for the content div
Hide & Unhide divs   (129 Views)
Hi , Im having a problem with some code here. I have 2 divs and 2 buttons. I want 1 dive to hide and 1 display when i click one button. And when I click the other button the other div displays/hides. I'm using the below code but it just won't work for me. Any help would be great! function toggle_view(show,hide){ var x = document.getElementById(show); var y = document.getElementById(hide); x.style.display = "block"; y.style.display = ""; } Here's my div's code: [contents] [contents]
div not displaying in right position   (160 Views)
i want the div to be displayed where the mouse was clicked... whats wrong #layer1 { position:fixed; display: none; width:600px; height:auto; } testing12345678910ffafaf function setVisible() { var div = document.getElementById('layer1'); // put the correct content in the div here div.innerHTML = document.getElementById('reply').value; div.style.left = window.event.clientX + 'px'; div.style.top = window.event.clientY + 'px'; div.style.display = 'visible';}
blur and focus on div   (161 Views)
I have div that is editable and I need to know when the div is in focus and when its leaving focus. how do I do it
Trying to figure out how to load/reload div?   (173 Views)
I'm trying to create the functionality of an iFrame with a div. What I need to do is load / reload a div with a partial html file (no or tags) . The html file always has the same name, it just might change or be added to during a 24 hour period. I understand that I can do something like window.GetElementById(some-Div). innerHTML = "blah blah blah", but what I would like to do (upon initial load) is something like Window.GetElementById(some-div).src = "http://mysite.com/myfile", then, find someway to reload the div when needed. The reload would occur when a server side script runs that is called from an iframe, and the script writes some javascript code back to the page like parent.window.GetElementById(some-div).reload. BTW, I wanted to use a Div, instead of an iFrame, because the div would expand vertically. Does this have the slightest chance of working Any suggestions
Toggle div visibility   (96 Views)
Hi all, I have a div I would like to show and hide. I've used a script before which works, but now reusing it I can't make it fly. As I can't see where I am going wrong, can anyone else help This is the one that works: Login ... ...and this is the new version: Login ... I can't see the difference, but the top one works and not the bottom. Pointers please
Disable tag using javascript   (153 Views)
everybody, can any one please tell me how to disable the . I have got the id of .I have tried $(divID).style.display = "block" and "none". But of no use can any one please help me
add to div   (125 Views)
i use jquery and this function: var news = setInterval(function() { $('#news).load(news2.phpid='+ Math.random()); }, 5000); But this function re-enter div. I want to add a div, that old data remains.
editing div tag   (120 Views)
I managed to get the following script to work Adding and Removing Text Boxes Dynamically var intTextBox=0; //FUNCTION TO ADD TEXT BOX ELEMENT function addElement() { intTextBox = intTextBox + 1; var contentID = document.getElementById('content'); var newTBDiv = document.createElement('div'); newTBDiv.setAttribute('id','strText'+intTextBox); newTBDiv.innerHTML = "Memory "+intTextBox+": "; contentID.appendChild(newTBDiv); } Demo of Adding and Removing Text Box Dynamically using JavaScript AddRemove   How do I get the row and column in the javascript to appear in the html page. I want the row created by the javascript as the second row below the