For some reason I cant get my rollovers to work on my web design

here's the html

http://halffull.free...rash/index.html

THE Javascript
window.onload = rolloverInit; function rolloverInit() { for (var i=0; i

Posted On: Monday 24th of December 2012 12:17:39 AM Total Views:  286
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

is javascript what im looking for?   (306 Views)
Right so anyway theres this website, your world of text, and it doesnt let you copy paste so i want to create a tool that reads the data off the clipboard and then simulates the keystrokes in the space i dont really hav experience with web development, i am pretty fluent in java and visual basic, but i dont even kno if this is the right tool for the job, ive ran into things like Watir that seem promising tho just show me in the right direction
Javascript - This Replacement   (80 Views)
I have a marquee which will slow down on mouseover. Some links and other stuff here... However, it is annoying, becuase I don't want the marquee to slow down unless the user moves over a link. Does anyone know how I can refer to the marquee's properties from inside the tags EG: Using the 'onMouseOver="this.scrollAmount=1"', only with something like 'onMouseOver="thatmarquee.scrollAmount=1"' inside the tags
difference between ondblclick and dblclick   (232 Views)
everybody, I am reading someone Else's javascript code which is listed below window.onload = function() { // Listen to the double click event. if ( window.addEventListener ) document.body.addEventListener( 'dblclick', onDoubleClick, false ); else if ( window.attachEvent ) /* attachEvent is Microsoft and addEventListener is W3C */ document.body.attachEvent( 'ondblclick', onDoubleClick ); }; I would like to know the difference between ondblclick and dblclick and so far Google has been no help Does anybody know This post has been edited by Dormilich: 28 December 2011 - 07:32 PM Reason for edit:: please use [code] /* your code source here */ [/code] tags when posting code
A simple function problem   (266 Views)
My exercise is as follows: Write a program that invites the user to estimate one minute of time. The user should click on a button on the screen, and then click on the button again after what he/she estimates to be one minute. The program then displays the true length of time. If the user still hasn't clicked on the button after 5 minutes have elapsed, the program should display a "Ah! Come on!" message. On first press of the button I am getting the alert I shouldn't get until after the second click of the button with NaN as the seconds elapsed. Any ideas Here is my code: Guess 1 Minute
Show overflow of text by "..." in javascript   (73 Views)
function SplitText(text,count) { if(text.length > count) { var _temps = text.substring(0,count); return _temps + "..."; } else { return text; } } Example : var s = SplitText("serkansendur",5); s will be "serka".
onload function not working in showmodaldialog   (241 Views)
hey ! onload function is working in window.open! but it is not working in .showmodaldialog newwindow2=window.open('app.html','app','Width:700;Height:350; modal:true;'); newwindow2.onload=function() { alert("hello"); } This works newwindow2=window.showModalDialog('app.html','app','dialogWidth:700px;dialogHeight:350px;dialogTop:200px; dialogLeft:200px;resizable=no;'); newwindow2.onload=function() { alert("hello"); } Not working
Dont know exactly what are my errors.   (140 Views)
Hi : I have been working on some homework and I dont now were are my errors. Before you are kind enough to help I have a couple of requests. I have encounter people before that deoesnt really want to teach o help they just want to make me feel retarded. So if you dont have anything good to say, please say it somewere else. Any way I get errors when I try to validate my html5 document. they are the following: Line 27, Column 23: Element imput not allowed as child of element p in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.) name = "searchItem" /> Content model for element p: Phrasing content. Line 27, Column 23: Self-closing syntax (/>) used on a non-void HTML element. Ignoring the slash and treating as a start tag. name = "searchItem" /> ✉ Line 32, Column 38: Stray end tag options. dirsearch.adpquery = ">AOL ✉ Line 36, Column 5: No space between attributes. ="selected = "selected">Yahoo ✉ Line 37, Column 9: Stray end tag select. ✉ Line 39, Column 26: Self-closing syntax (/>) used on a non-void HTML element. Ignoring the slash and treating as a start tag. onclick = "doSearch()" /> immediately before. ✉ Line 40, Column 3: A slash was not immediately followed by >. ✉ Line 40, Column 7: End tag had attributes. ✉ Line 40, Column 7: End tag p seen, but there were open elements. ✉ Line 39, Column 26: Unclosed element imput. onclick = "doSearch()" /> ✉ Line 41, Column 7: End tag for body seen, but there were unclosed elements. ✉ Line 25, Column 35: Unclosed element form. ------------------------------------------------------------------------This is my code: Multiple Search Engine /* News Items Search for Alta Vista AOL Google Yahoo
Switch siblings position?   (131 Views)
Would it be possible to switch siblings position with jquery/js For instance if you've a html markup similar to this, with a move down button on each event(eventually move up also): Down Event1test Down Event2test I can access the parent of the called element by using the parent(), however is there any way to switch them(p-tags) smoothly or would i have to delete one and save it in a variable and then apply the other one to achieve this In a sense its suppose to be a graphic interface where you can move events that are already created up and down on a schedule.(switch position of the p-tags which are the events) This post has been edited by zauii: 04 October 2011 - 07:00 AM
Image button with form action?   (225 Views)
I am doing a website and get stuck on the image button and form action basically i want to do like this: when the user click on the image button, it will link to a page, and in the same time, do a POST action like a submit form. Its that possible
Script to replace coding on "live" website   (115 Views)
A small script which can be hosted on a server which you can put an url into and will show website with changes example, website/gallery with thumbnail images and want to change the "thumb" file to "original" file eg. Gallery view .../images/1a/thumbnail.jpg but want it to be able to view .../images/1a/original.jpg I'm sure this is possible as i can't imaging it would be a very hard code but am not used to coding only basic html at the moment regards,
Errors with objects   (141 Views)
Ok. So I'm going through a javascript book and I'm copying some of the scripts out for examples. This one is a function that will print a times table for 12 * 1 to 12 * 12. I keep getting an error that says ") expected." I'm not sure why it's popping up. It comes up here: function multiply (multiplicand, start, end) { Untitled Document var multiplicand = 12; var start = 4; var end = 10; function multiply (multiplicand, start, end) { for (; start
prevent auto tab   (229 Views)
i have created a php application where am using a barcode scanner to load item name and prices from database. the problem is that once the barcode reader finishes reading the barcode, the details are loaded and it tabs to the next field. this means that the user has to click again on the barcode field to ficus it. how do i prevent the cursor from focusing the next field after scanning i.e focus again on the barcode field after scanning to allow automatic scanning of new item
Page loading on a   (115 Views)
Can anyone help me how to load an external page into a tag I've search the internet and still no answers.. please give me an example.. I have not started a thing yet...
Autologin to a website?   (106 Views)
I have been looking for this for very long but still can't figure it out. I want a script to login to website without even typing the username and password while logging in.Its very annoying when you have to type the passwords to to login to multiple sites each time and open those sites one by one instead I could have somthing like a click on a file and all the websites open(no need to login)/OR a click on the bookmark and all the websites open(no need to login). I know a bit of HTML/javascript(as well as windows shell scripting,C++,unix shell scripting).please provide some working example in any one of these two languages if possible and how to use it.(I don't know ajax at all so please avoid ajax unless it becomes impossible to do without it). EDIT:Any other language is also welcome but I would need the instructions to use your programme
ScrollWidget is not working on Firefox, can someone?   (183 Views)
var sw_interval; var sw_x = 10; var sw_dx = 0; var sw_t = 10; var sw_cursor = 1; var sw_v; var sw_w; var sw_numItems; var sw_first; var sw_last; var sw_clipRight; var sw_ref; function moveSWBlueBox(n) { if(sw_interval == null) { if(n > 0) { moveLeft(n*swItemsInSet); } else { moveRight(-n*swItemsInSet); } var idx = getSWBlueBoxIdx(); var box; box = document.getElementById("sw_box"+idx); box.src = swWhiteBox; pause(50); idx += n; if(idx < 1) { idx = numSWBoxes + idx; } else if(idx > numSWBoxes) { idx = idx - numSWBoxes; } box = document.getElementById("sw_box"+idx); box.src = swBlueBox; pause(50); swBlueBoxIdx = idx; } } function moveToSWBox(i) { if(sw_interval == null) { var idx = getSWBlueBoxIdx(); var diff = i-idx; if(diff != 0) { moveSWBlueBox(diff); } } } function getSWBlueBoxIdx() { return swBlueBoxIdx; } function moveLeft(n) { if(sw_interval == null) { var id = "widget_item"+sw_cursor; sw_ref = document.getElementById(id); // calibrate to sw_ref var last_wi = sw_ref; for(var i=sw_cursor+1; i=1; i--) { id = "widget_item"+i; wi = document.getElementById(id); wi.style.left = (parseInt(last_wi.style.left) - sw_w) + "px"; last_wi = wi; } for(var i=sw_numItems; i>=sw_cursor+swItemsInSet; i--) { id = "widget_item"+i; wi = document.getElementById(id); wi.style.left = (parseInt(last_wi.style.left) - sw_w) + "px"; last_wi = wi; } sw_cursor -= n; if(sw_cursor < 1) sw_cursor = sw_numItems + sw_cursor; sw_interval = setInterval("move("+n+")",sw_t); } } function move(n) { var id; var wi; var m = Math.abs(n*sw_w); var f = 36; sw_dx = Math.floor(f*Math.sin(sw_x*Math.PI/m)); if(sw_dx < 1) sw_dx = 1; sw_x += sw_dx; if(n
Flashy Menus   (68 Views)
I have seen lots of sites that have a series of links along the top. You put your mouse on one and a series of llinks drop down. I don't know what this effect is called so I have had "Lots of fun" attempting to search for it. I could find was really flashy ones that I couuld pay for. What I want to do is have a go at making a SIMPLE one myself so that I understand how they work. Is it Javascript or DHTML or something else Also, how would I go about making one Any pointers gratefully received
Simple Jquery pre load help   (297 Views)
I made a simple slide show using jquery and "setInterval() " function. Everything working fine but I just need to start this serInterval function only after the div or page loads completely. I will post my code here ... 1. $(document).ready(function () { 2. var s=setInterval('slide()',3000); 3. }); 4. function slide(){ 5. var pos=$("#slider").position().left; 6. if(pos>-5400){ 7. $("#slider").animate({"left":"-=600px"},300); 8. }else 9. $("#slider").animate({"left":"0px"},600); 10. } 11. } and my html page Friends Please go through this and help me. I tried to give a pre loader . But can't Please help