SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

papervision3d typeerror error 1009

I have following error when using papervision3d, setting "mouse3D.enabled = true;" in Lines3D

typeerror error 1009 cannot access a property or method of a null object reference
at org.papervision3d.core.utils::Mouse3D/updatePosition()
at org.papervision3d.core.utils::InteractiveSceneMana ger/handleEnterFrame()

Anyone know how to fix the problem.

Posted On: Friday 19th of October 2012 03:33:03 AM Total Views:  197
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Flash How to load images at runtime on a plane using papervision3d   (137 Views)
hello, my query is that at run time i want to embed different images on to a plane using papervision3d.........pls help me out with appropriate solution
Problem with loadvariables "error opening URL"   (100 Views)
This is my first time try to retrieve info from database with flash. So I tried to access my asp file with the following code: loadVariablesNum("data.asp", 0) or loadVariables("data.asp", this) Both gave me the same error "Error opening URL 'file:///C:/flashCode/data.asp'" my files (fla, swf and data.asp) are located in the same folder (ie. C:/flashCode). Does anyone have any clue Do I have to enable some sort of permission on OS so that flash can open/access file
Firefox displays flash errors ever since i installed flash cs4   (127 Views)
ya, I installed flash cs4 the other day and ever since firefox will popup annoying errors. Its probably some debugger, but i want it disabled cause it comes up 5-6 times in a row when i browse the internet, (usually will happen on facebook or some youtube vids in blogs). the error starts like this: TypeError #1009 I will paste the whole thing in this thread the next time it happens, but i'm pretty sure the error itself doesn't matter, i think some debugger was installed in firefox when i installed flash cs4. btw I want to make a multiplayer risk game for facebook in flash. think it will be hard i'm already well versed in php and mysql. but i don't know any flash. i want my flash app to communicate with the server without reloading. is that easy with actionscript will i need to learn AJAX as well
[CS3] Display final score error - very confused!   (161 Views)
My game is as good as finished but i've found a bug. There is a score system and a timer - if your score is negative and timer is positive greater than the negative of the score there's no problem e.g. score = -10, time remaining = 50 then total = 40. However, if score = -50, time remaining = 10 the total displays 40 instead of -40 So, in short - the final score doesn't display the - symbol. The score carries over to the next level and displays negative as it should - so why not in the total! here is the code: PHP Code: Total=Number(score)+Number(timer); SOLUTION: DON'T EMBED THE TOTAL!!!
Stage event listeners causing error   (138 Views)
I have just added a menu screen to my game and I get the following error: ActionScript Code: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at MyGame() at Document/onRequestStart() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent() at MenuScreen/onClickStart() I decided to run the debugger and found the reason for this error, it's my two stage event listeners which are needed for my keyboard control: ActionScript Code: stage.addEventListener( KeyboardEvent.KEY_DOWN, onKeyPress ); stage.addEventListener( KeyboardEvent.KEY_UP, onKeyRelease ); If I remove the "stage" word it works fine but my keyboard control doesn't work. This code is located in my class which controls the game.
image URL loading error   (114 Views)
Hi I am loading Images from xml , images are adding to xml dynamically in PHP PROBLEM : if flash is unable to load one image it stops all the Images from showing what should I do , if one image got stuck , the Flash keep showing other images and BYPASS that element of Xml everytime
file upload error   (137 Views)
I am trying to upload a file on server using File class. Its working fine on local machine. But when i a placing the php file on server, it is giving Error #2038: File I/O Error. Code: var uploadFile:File = new File("file:///" + this.uploadFileArray[this.count]); uploadFile.upload(new URLRequest(this.imageUpload_serverPath)); uploadFile.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onFileUploaded); uploadFile.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, onErrorrr); uploadFile.addEventListener(DataEvent.UPLOAD_COMPLETE_DATA, onFileUploadComplete); PHP Code Code: I have placed cross domain.xml on server also. Please help.
1120 error need help   (269 Views)
So I'm really a noob and haven't really used flash since 2008 but I'm working with someone who insisted to use flash. Its a nightmare for me and this forum is my only hope. So originally I was only getting one error when I tested the file, and that was that I was missing a right brace, once I inserted the brace and tested the file again I got a whopping 39 errors. Every error is 1120 Access of unidefined property ----------------------------------------------- Here is the Actionscript: colombian.buttonMode = true; microwave.buttonMode = true; empire.buttonMode = true; junta.buttonMode = true; youth.buttonMode = true; illumination.buttonMode = true; m19.buttonMode = true; animal.buttonMode = true; commanche.buttonMode = true; familia.buttonMode = true; //If XML File Load successfully, it will be voided this actions: XMLLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, success); function success(e:Event):void { xml=new XML(e.target.data); songlist=xml.song;//For adding a new song in XML File. MusicLoading=new URLRequest(songlist[0].file); music.load(MusicLoading); sc=music.play(); MusicName.text=songlist[0].name; sc.addEventListener(Event.SOUND_COMPLETE, nextSong); } //The Name of the XML File. XMLLoader.load(new URLRequest("playlist.xml")); //Add Event Listeners for control buttons PauseBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,pauseSo ng); PlayBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,playSong ); NextBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, nextSong); PrevBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, prevSong); itunes.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToWebPage); function fl_ClickToGoToWebPage(event:MouseEvent):void { navigateToURL(new URLRequest(""), "_blank"); } //Prev Song Functions function prevSong(e:Event):void { if (currentIndex>0) { currentIndex--; } else { currentIndex=songlist.length()-1;//Prev Song(-1) } var prevSongFunc:URLRequest=new URLRequest(songlist[currentIndex].file); var prevTitle:Sound=new Sound(prevSongFunc); sc.stop(); MusicName.text=songlist[currentIndex].name; sc=prevTitle.play();//Writing Prev Song's name currentSound=prevTitle; sc.addEventListener(Event.SOUND_COMPLETE, nextSong); //Pause The Song (sc.stop) function pauseSong(e:Event):void { CurrentPos=sc.position; sc.stop(); } //Play The Song function playSong(e:Event):void { sc=currentSound.play(CurrentPos); } } ----------------------------------------------- For the love of god, what am I doing wrong
Can't find error even after Debugging   (152 Views)
... I have a problem when a button makes the movie go to a labeled section... I receive this error: Attempting to launch and connect to Player using URL D:\Gaea Animation Studios Web\FLA\home.swf [SWF] D:\Gaea Animation Studios Web\FLA\home.swf - 100450 bytes after decompression TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at home_fla::MainTimeline/frame30()[home_fla.MainTimeline::frame30:59] at flash.display::Sprite/constructChildren() at flash.display::Sprite() at flash.display::MovieClip() at home_fla::MovieClip_MainMenu_4() at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndStop() at home_fla::MainTimeline/studioClick()[home_fla.MainTimeline::frame1:166] Debug session terminated. And still cant find what is wrong... this is the code for the frame 30... could somebody help me out and see what's going on and what im missing! plss!! //************************************************** ************************************************** ********************// // Home Button // mc_mainmenu.btn_home.addEventListener(MouseEvent.C LICK, Studio_to_HomeClick); function Studio_to_HomeClick(event:MouseEvent):void { gotoAndStop("Home"); } //************************************************** ************************************************** ********************// // Studio Button // mc_mainmenu.btn_studio.addEventListener(MouseEvent .CLICK, Studio_to_StudioClick); function Studio_to_StudioClick(event:MouseEvent):void { trace("You still are in the Studio Section"); } //************************************************** ************************************************** ********************// // Contact Button // mc_mainmenu.btn_contact.addEventListener(MouseEven t.CLICK, Studio_to_ContactClick); function Studio_to_ContactClick(event:MouseEvent):void { trace("Contact Click"); } //************************************************** ************************************************** ********************// // Download Button // mc_mainmenu.btn_download.addEventListener(MouseEve nt.CLICK, Studio_to_DownloadClick); function Studio_to_DownloadClick(event:MouseEvent):void { trace("Download Click"); }
Any way to log AS3 errors when running in browser?   (154 Views)
I'm having a problem where a Flash project hangs when I run it in my browser, but not when I run it locally. That made me wonder if there's some program or service that enables AS3 developers to see AS3 errors encountered by their users - errors that cause the Flash file to crash, for example. I'm talking about what you'd normally see in the console in Flash Professional; can this be written to a file or displayed to the developer in some way
2007 error   (112 Views)
What this application does is it receives input numbers from the user like length, width, height, velocity and time, and then it calculates the volume of the basin and the error that it has while gaining or losing water (it changes in time). The thing is I am getting error 2007 and don't know what to do. Any help to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated. I've attached the code for this application, the code is in as3 and you just have to copy/paste and it will work, the only thing you have to drag and drop in flash is the progress bar with instance name bar, and a dynamic text field with instance name p. Please someone help me out, I need this for a homework!
timestamp function call while loading xml file produces a null object reference error   (194 Views)
all, I'm trying to add timestamp to the xml file address if the swf wil be loaded from the web server but it gives me a null object reference error depending on if there is timestamp() function call or not. Here's my code that doesn't work as I was expectin: ActionScript Code: //... public function init():void { try{ xmlLoader = new URLLoader(); xmlLoader.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, ioError); xmlLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, xmlLoaded); trace("Class LoadXML/ address: "+address); xmlLoader.load(new URLRequest(address+timestamp())); }catch(e:Error){ _error = String(e); trace("Class LoadXML/ catch error: "+e); this.dispatchEvent(new Event("XML.ERROR")); } } private function timestamp():String{ return stage.loaderInfo.url.indexOf("http") == 0 "t=" + new Date().time : ""; } private function ioError(e:IOErrorEvent):void { _error = String(e); trace("Class LoadXML/ io error: "+e) this.dispatchEvent(new Event("XML.ERROR")); } private function xmlLoaded(e:Event):void { xmlData = new XML(e.target.data); this.dispatchEvent(new Event("XML.COMPLETE")); } //... When I called my LoadXML Class 3 times it outputs 3 times: Code: Class LoadXML/ address: start.xml Class LoadXML/ catch error: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. Class LoadXML/ address: play.xml Class LoadXML/ catch error: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. Class LoadXML/ address: end.xml Class LoadXML/ catch error: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. I copied the tricky part from abeall: http://www.actionscript.org/forums/s...724#post971724 When I load just addresses without the timestamp xmlLoader.load(new URLRequest(address)); it outputs everything I was already expecting when the timsetamp function call where involved, (as I was testing some considerable errors). Code: Class LoadXML/ address: start.xml Class LoadXML/ address: play.xml Class LoadXML/ address: end.xml Class LoadXML/ io error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: file:///E|/flash/as3/projectName/lib/work/end.xml"] Thank you in advance.
1178 error.... suddenly   (142 Views)
I bought a book actionscript 3.0 animation. I can copy-paste the scripts to test them. That worked great for a long time, but now I constantly get the same error-message. The 1178-error.For example when I test the class Throwing. ActionScript Code: package { import flash.display.Sprite; import flash.display.StageAlign; import flash.display.StageScaleMode; import flash.events.Event; import flash.events.MouseEvent; public class Throwing extends Sprite { private var ball:Ball; private var vx:Number; private var vy:Number; private var bounce:Number = -0.7; private var gravity:Number = .5; private var oldX:Number; private var oldY:Number; public function Throwing() { init(); } private function init():void { stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE; stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT; ball = new Ball(); ball.x = stage.stageWidth / 2; ball.y = stage.stageHeight / 2; vx = Math.random() * 10 - 5; vy = -10; addChild(ball); ball.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, MouseDown); addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, onEnterFrame); } private function onEnterFrame(event:Event):void { vy += gravity; ball.x += vx; ball.y += vy; var left:Number = 0; var right:Number = stage.stageWidth; var top:Number = 0; var bottom:Number = stage.stageHeight; if (ball.x + ball.radius > right) { ball.x = right - ball.radius; vx *= bounce; } else if (ball.x - ball.radius < left) { ball.x = left + ball.radius; vx *= bounce; } if (ball.y + ball.radius > bottom) { ball.y = bottom - ball.radius; vy *= bounce; } else if (ball.y - ball.radius < top) { ball.y = top + ball.radius; vy *= bounce; } } private function MouseDown(event:MouseEvent):void { oldX = ball.x; oldY = ball.y; stage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, MouseUp); ball.startDrag(); removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, onEnterFrame); addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, trackVelocity); } private function MouseUp(event:MouseEvent):void { stage.removeEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, MouseUp); ball.stopDrag(); removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, trackVelocity); addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, onEnterFrame); } private function trackVelocity(event:Event):void { vx = ball.x - oldX; vy = ball.y - oldY; oldX = ball.x; oldY = ball.y; } } } and the ball-class..... ActionScript Code: package { import flash.display.Sprite; public class Ball extends Sprite { private var radius:Number; private var color:uint; public function Ball(radius:Number=40, color:uint=0xff0000) { this.radius = radius; this.color = color; init(); } private function init():void { graphics.beginFill(color); graphics.drawCircle(0, 0, radius); graphics.endFill(); } } } Please help me. Yours, Dennis
1052 duplicate error message??? why?   (125 Views)
, can anyone see what is wrong with this script that would make flash return a 1052 duplicate function definition i have been staring at this for most of the day - tried different things but for the life of me can't work out what's up with it this is the class... ActionScript Code: package project.main.Popup { import caurina.transitions.Tweener; import flash.display.MovieClip; public class SmallLoader extends MovieClip { public function SmallLoader (_x:Number, _y:Number):void { this.x = _x; this.y = _y; } public function hide ():void { Tweener.addTween (this, {alpha:0, time:.5, onComplete:hideComplete}); } private function hideComplete ():void { this.visible = false; } } } errors are on lines 8, 15 & 19 - basically each line that contains the word function! why is it saying duplicate definition
1009 error   (191 Views)
I have just started action scripting......not doing very difficult stuff, just giving the navigation for an application.....got stuck and getting this error TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at aug_19_2011_03_fla::MainTimeline/frame139() at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndPlay() at aug_19_2011_03_fla::MainTimeline/onloginclick() here is the entire code findmycar_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,onf indmycarclick); locatedealer_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK ,onlocatedealerclick); mymazda_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,onmy mazdaclick); maintenance_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onmaintenanceclick); service_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,onse rviceclick); function onfindmycarclick(e:MouseEvent):void { gotoAndPlay("findmycar"); } function onlocatedealerclick(e:MouseEvent):void { gotoAndPlay("locatedealer"); } function onmymazdaclick(e:MouseEvent):void { gotoAndPlay("mymazda"); } function onmaintenanceclick(e:MouseEvent):void { gotoAndPlay("maintenance"); } function onserviceclick(e:MouseEvent):void { gotoAndPlay("service"); } offers_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,onoff ersclick); function onoffersclick(e:MouseEvent):void { gotoAndPlay("offers") } recall_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,onrec allclick); function onrecallclick(e:MouseEvent):void { gotoAndPlay("recall") } The moment i am adding recall button during the end i am getting this error..please help me to sort out this.
import classes error (Megazine3)   (122 Views)
dear , I'm have problems of importing some classes: I put this at the beginning of my code to import the library import de.mightypirates.megazine.interfaces.*; and when I compile I got these messages: 1172: Definition de.mightypirates.megazine.interfaces could not be found. what should I do waiting online.
Working around error #1118   (78 Views)
I'm getting this compiler error if I have my member variable directly referencing an existing instance in the same class/container. What I meant is that I can't have "private var movie:MovieClip" in my class to auto link to an existing movieclip of the same name in the same container. I used to do this in AS2 all the time. Is there a way to do this in AS3 instead changing the variable in my class and then do a m_movie = getChildByName("movie") EDIT: Sorry, that should be a different error #
syntax error   (97 Views)
I am getting this error: Code: 1093: Syntax error. my code is: ActionScript Code: if(stockCert.hitTestObject(landBox) || stockCert.hitTestObject(capitalBox) || stockCert.hitTestObject(laborBox)) I cant find the error and Code: flash help is no help if someone sees the error please let me know
Null object error when adding sounds?   (93 Views)
right. So I'm creating a flash game with AS3 but I'm having some issues with sounds. Usually, when there is not much action around, sounds play just fine and all. But when it starts getting ugly with explosions everywhere and stuff, I start getting this every now and then: Code: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at Main/sounds() at Mob/dmgHealth() at Mob/loop() This is the sound function on Main : Code: public function sounds(soundType:String="default"){ var mySound:Sound; var rand:int; if(soundType=="armor"){ rand=Math.floor(Math.random()*3+1); if(rand==1){ mySound=new ArmorSound1(); }else if(rand==2){ mySound=new ArmorSound2(); }else if(rand==3){ mySound=new ArmorSound3(); } soundFXChannel=mySound.play(); soundFXTransform.volume=0.2; soundFXChannel.soundTransform=soundFXTransform; } if(soundType=="sword"){ rand=Math.floor(Math.random()*3+1); if(rand==1){ mySound=new SwordSound1(); }else if(rand==2){ mySound=new SwordSound2(); }else if(rand==3){ mySound=new SwordSound3(); } soundFXChannel=mySound.play(); soundFXTransform.volume=0.4; soundFXChannel.soundTransform=soundFXTransform; } if(soundType=="crush"){ rand=Math.floor(Math.random()*3+1); if(rand==1){ mySound=new CrushSound1(); }else if(rand==2){ mySound=new CrushSound2(); }else if(rand==3){ mySound=new CrushSound3(); } soundFXChannel=mySound.play(); soundFXTransform.volume=0.5; soundFXChannel.soundTransform=soundFXTransform; } if(soundType=="lightning"){ rand=Math.floor(Math.random()*1+1); if(rand==1){ mySound=new LightningSound1(); } soundFXChannel=mySound.play(); soundFXTransform.volume=0.6; soundFXChannel.soundTransform=soundFXTransform; } if(soundType=="explosion"){ rand=Math.floor(Math.random()*1+1); if(rand==1){ mySound=new ExplosionSound1(); } soundFXChannel=mySound.play(); soundFXTransform.volume=0.6; soundFXChannel.soundTransform=soundFXTransform; } if(soundType=="hurt"){ rand=Math.floor(Math.random()*1+1); if(rand==1){ mySound=new HurtSound1(); } soundFXChannel=mySound.play(); soundFXTransform.volume=0.4; soundFXChannel.soundTransform=soundFXTransform; } } I did all my imports, all my vars are set at the beginning of the class, the sounds in the library got all their classes right (I checked a few times to see if the names were the same) and the bug don't always shows up, only when there is a lot of sounds at the same time. I also noticed that when I comment the "Crush" part of the code, the error shows up less often. Also the other functions under the sounds one in the error are irrelevant, as they always change. Is this just because I push flash way too far with sounds
1084: Syntax error   (101 Views)
I am using flash to take an animation made in after effects and create a rollover feature for my website. I am getting the follow errors. Any help or advice would be great! 1084: Syntax error: expecting identifier before leftbrace. 1084: Syntax error: expecting rightparen before leftbrace. 1084: Syntax error: expecting rightbrace before leftbrace. 1083: Syntax error: rightparen is unexpected. THe code is : import caurina.transitions.*; butt.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER . butt_ROLLOVER); function butt_ROLLOVER (e:MouseEvent):void { Tweener .addTween (paintings. {_frame:18. time:0.5. transition:"linear"}) : } butt.addEventListener (MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT, butt_ROLLOUT); function butt_ROLLOUT(e:MouseEvent):void { Tweener.addTween(paintings. {_frame:0. time:0.5. transition:"linear"}) ; }