SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

[CS3] Display final score error - very confused!

My game is as good as finished but i've found a bug.

There is a score system and a timer - if your score is negative and timer is positive greater than the negative of the score there's no problem e.g. score = -10, time remaining = 50 then total = 40.
However, if score = -50, time remaining = 10 the total displays 40 instead of -40

So, in short - the final score doesn't display the - symbol. The score carries over to the next level and displays negative as it should - so why not in the total!

here is the code:

PHP Code: Total=Number(score)+Number(timer);
SOLUTION:

DON'T EMBED THE TOTAL!!!

Posted On: Friday 19th of October 2012 12:05:01 AM Total Views:  169
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Flash5 Where can I find to buy flash cs3   (151 Views)
I would like to buy flash CS3, and looked in places like amazon, ebay, and I don't find, somebody was offering one that looks like home copy, I am asking because in that way I am sure that is not a rip off. Of course a new one, without being used. Thank you. , Somebody has made businesses with these places, they even don't have and physical address.
Flash [cs3] AdvancedAntiAliasing in loaded swf   (198 Views)
, I have strange problem (strange for me ). In my project i create dynamic TextField and set AdvancedAntiAliasingTable to it. Normaly it looks good but the problem shows up when i try to load swf (this one with TextField) to another swf (with Loader class). Then my custom AntiAliasing dissapear and standard settings are on (i think it's Anti-alias for readability). Well, it doesn't looks very bad but still it makes me a headache why this is happening
XML in cs3 need a lil help.   (168 Views)
, any one have a tutorial on the new xml class in as3 I've looked but haven't found anything useful to me. any help would be much appreciated.
htmlText working in cs3 but not cs5   (188 Views)
I'm trying to use flashmo_225_bar_slider and the html description text works in flash cs3 but not cs5, any ideas
SWC at runtime in cs3   (172 Views)
May I know how to link swc at runtime environment
flash cs3 + vista + actionscript panel   (173 Views)
anyone notices that its slow.. for example selecting a block of code and such. I dont have these issues on my xp .. hmm anyone else has these issues
cannot publish AIR apps in flash cs3   (207 Views)
Today I decided to install the extension to create Adobe AIR applications in Flash. I downloaded the extension with no problems; I started creating a simple hello world application but when I tried to publish it, nothing did happen I see the loading bar (publishing bar) starting but then it disappears immediately it seems that it is creating the .swf file and some other files but it doesn't show me a preview when publishing. No problem when I try to publish regular .fla files. These are my Publish Settings: Formats tab flash and html are checked. Flash tab - Version (Adobe AIR 1.0) Html tab Template (Flash Only) I know this is something I probably shouldnt be posting on this forum but I need help. Any idea Thank you fs_tigre
imported video frustrations flash cs3   (287 Views)
ok so i think this is rather simple but i just cant seem to figure it out. im using flash cs3 and actionscript 3. i imported the video and it plays and works just fine. now i wanna stretch it to make it bigger. so i make it bigger on stage but when i publish it, it will still just be the videos defualt size. how would i go about makeing it bigger than the default size
[cs3] adding a scroll bar to a text field created with AS 3.0   (174 Views)
I was wondering if there's a way to add a scroll bar to a textfield that is created with actionscript
problem using #include in cs3   (180 Views)
Hi , I have a project that was built in as1 originally (and I'm even ok with keeping it in as1) but when I go to to output a file using flash cs3 it doesnt seem to read an external .as file... In the first frame there is #include "filename.as and the file is there in the same directory (and it all works with flash professional (version 7) or MX, but when I try to publish it w cs3 (still for player 6 and action script 1) I get the compiler error: Scene=Scene 1, Layer=AS, Frame=1, Line 1 Error opening include file filename.as: File not found. #include "filename.as" Any thoughts on how to fix this Different syntax maybe to load the .as file from cs3 I'd rather just output the file as is (flash 6, as1) because I'm afriad there are a lot of other things that might break if I try to got to as2, but if there is an as2 solution, I'll take it..
flash cs3 remoting   (192 Views)
. Where do I find to download flash cs3 remoting and how do i install it. I use AS2. Thank you.
CS3 Adding to the display list confusion   (71 Views)
I am working in Flash CS4. I have two buttons on the stage-"load" and "Unload" I want to load a movieclip from the library to the stage by clicking a button and remove it by clicking a button. Here is my code: AboutButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goBio); function goBio (e:MouseEvent):void { var newBio:BioParch = new BioParch(); this.addChild(newBio); newBio.x = 115; newBio.y = 118 bioclose.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, closeBio) function closeBio (e:MouseEvent):void { removeChild(newBio); } } Is this correct It seems to work, but, after clicking it off and on a few times I get the following error om the Output console: ArgumentError: Error #2025: The supplied DisplayObject must be a child of the caller. at flash.display:isplayObjectContainer/removeChild() at MethodInfo-210()
CS3 Printing from flash cs3 movie!!!!   (185 Views)
Hi , I need help on how to print from flash, I found the following tutorial which is exactly what I want in my swf movie but I dont completely understand it... Can anyone help!! http://mmedia.glos.ac.uk/mu210/AS2/T30/T30_1.htm
Slideshow to display .swfs?   (81 Views)
I was wondering if anyone knew of a component or 3rd party slideshow that supported displaying .swfs. Slideshow Pro is a nice component for video and images but lacks swf support.
Firefox displays flash errors ever since i installed flash cs4   (132 Views)
ya, I installed flash cs4 the other day and ever since firefox will popup annoying errors. Its probably some debugger, but i want it disabled cause it comes up 5-6 times in a row when i browse the internet, (usually will happen on facebook or some youtube vids in blogs). the error starts like this: TypeError #1009 I will paste the whole thing in this thread the next time it happens, but i'm pretty sure the error itself doesn't matter, i think some debugger was installed in firefox when i installed flash cs4. btw I want to make a multiplayer risk game for facebook in flash. think it will be hard i'm already well versed in php and mysql. but i don't know any flash. i want my flash app to communicate with the server without reloading. is that easy with actionscript will i need to learn AJAX as well
weird PC wont display elements from website?   (114 Views)
Hi... im a webdesigner and i run into a problem today that i cant figure out the solution.. I created 2 Flash websites... Both of them load external FLV videos and one of them loads external .txt files with greek language(text file saves as UTF-8) On every computer i checked these sites they work fine....however ...on this particular computer the FLV's wont load...(Not even the loadbar appears) and the greek text wont show,,,!! Whats the deal Any one had this kind of problem b4
cs3 - make this "page turn" look more realistic?   (140 Views)
I've created a bitmapped page-turn that I think looks great, but there are a few problems. Please have a look at the end product here to understand my issues: http://graph-art.matc.edu/schmidj/fl...BER/index.html 1. I can't figure out how to make some event happen on exit of a movie (I'm using action script to load each swf separately) : I would like the page turn to happen when you click on a different button in the main navigation. Essentially, the mouse event "click" will trigger the page turn at the end of this movie, and then load in the new one. 2. As you can see, the content of the page disappears when the page turn is initiated. How could I make the page content disappear incrementally with the paper - would a mask work 3. I want the content on the pages to overlap while it is turning - when a page is turning, you will incrementally be able to see the next page showing below it. Is that possible, to make 2 movies overlap or something This is so confusing to me, but I've seen some websites that use something like it - does anyone know how I can make this work I can post my actionscript here if it will help, but it's just very basic loader script all in one frame: function goBand(event:MouseEvent):void { myLoader.load(new URLRequest("bio.swf")); } etc. Thank you so much!! Jamie
Flash display problem   (131 Views)
i embed a flash into the php file. but the flash cannot be displayed... is there any additional setting Code: http://www.chxxangie.instantfreehost...lash/index.php above link is the website. the flash is not displayed, but when i run this in localhost, it can be displayed as well... plz help me....is there any way to display the flash
[CS3] play back controls wont display   (81 Views)
Hi people, I have been given a code to embed a swf file that contains a move. Code is below Code: Now when i add the code the swf plays the movie but doesnt display the playback controllers. I don't have the .flv file, so I was wondering if its possible to add these controls within the html code. One thing to note though, when i directl visit the swf file, http://www.mywebsite.co.uk/swf/movie.swf the controls are there. Any ideas Cheers Darren
[cs3]   (206 Views)
I have two separate flash SWF's which I want to make into one. The first ends with a button that opens an envelope. I then want it to start my next movie. It's like a Christmas card that you open with an intro. Can anyone help