SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

hardcoded parameters in querys--can I find all?

We have a tbldepartments. At this point (has been a few years)...many dept. have merged or changed names. We want to 'change' the names of some and delete or add others.

Ok on the delete/add.

However, in many of our queries, we have the dept. name/number hardcoded in. And trust me, there are tons and tons of them...this is a big database.

Short of going through each query, is there a way to 'search/replace' either in each query or in all To update these easily

suggestions

Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:51:14 AM Total Views:  379
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Access 2010 - Macro or VB to activate/find a particular record   (226 Views)
Good day, I've got a order form that the user populates with the materials they need, each item on the sheet becomes an individual record but through a query, the form appears to be a single form with multiple parts (if in fact the user needed more than one part). A manager then has to approve all the records/parts they requested. I made this process where all the manager has to do is pull up the first record and he sees the full list of parts/material but ends up only approving record one. It sounds complicated - live and learn for me. I've got a submit button for the user when they have listed all their parts, but if they finished with item 10 then record 10 is really the one they are submitting. I already have the code written to automatically mark a submit check box with True. I need the submit button to call up record one so that's the record that gets submitted - when the Manger and user go to review the parts, they see record one but also sees all the rest of the parts through a subform. What would the code look like to make the submit button auto check record number one Fields possibly involved in the code: [PRItemNum] represents the number of each record and the number of each part (1, 2, 3, ...) "frmPMRandQualityChecklistNewRecord2" is the name of the form
Trying to find a low-cost program for Data migration and ETL   (129 Views)
Im building a database for my company. We are a rather small size book company with a lot of references and still growing. We have a Mysql database here and are trying to find some good tools to use it at its best. Basically we are just starting up the database after dealing with Excel: we had a size problem So im trying to find a program that will allow us to do two different things: the migration of our data from the old system to the new one and a specialized software to perform ETL (Extract, transform and load) on our database. About the price of the tools, if we were one year ago, the accounting department would have been pretty relaxed about this. But today, we have some budget restrictions and therefore need a low cost tool. So could you give me some advice on a good data migration and etl tool for a low cost
Compile error: Can't find project or library   (164 Views)
There I try to use the function chr() and left() in Access2000. but it got "Complile error: Can't find project or library". Appreciate someone can help me.
trying to find a field   (111 Views)
When opening a form i get asked for a parameter value for a field that has been deleted. it obvioulsy still exists somewhere but I cannot find it. i have analysed performance, all tables, forms and queries but it doesn't come up with this filed anywhere. the field name has even been spelt wrong so i thought it would be easy to track! Help - what else can i do to find where this parameter is being called from
Access how to find members who have not paid in a query   (150 Views)
anybody help please I have list of member in the member table, every month each member makes a payment (monthly fee) as they do they get entered into the fee table how do I find out the members who have not been entered into the fee table (which will show they have not paid )