SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

access query - continued

I sent message before I finished explaining my problem!

The query to get the totals includes queries with the employee, vehicle, material, and barricade costs all sorted by activity code but for it drops all activities that don't have costs in each column--if there weren't any costs entered for material or barricades for the month, they get dropped.

How do I get everything even with some fields are null

Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:24:01 AM Total Views:  482
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

2003 access automatting data entry   (184 Views)
wanted to know if this is possible when doing data entry on MAIN form in a field called VEH1HOMEADDRESS, I type the persons city and state initals only. To make data entry easier and faster without having to write out PHILADELPHIA, PA over and over (and other cities too) I want to be able to type PH and PHILADELPHIA would fill the field. I created a query and chose 1 field from the TRAFFICTR1 table which is VEH1HOMEADDRESS I called this query CITY LIST made a combo box in the tables field properties making a Table/Query and chose CITY LIST Now when I do the data entry on the form, I type PH and PHILADELPHIA fills the field. Perfect ! Just one concern there are 9000 records in this database this query also has 9000 citys but 500 PHILADELPHIA's, 450 NEW YORK's, 900 HAMMONTON and so on I cant delete the duplicates in the query because it also deletes the entire record from the database any suggestions
Comparing excel list with access list to add check in box   (210 Views)
I am having a problem at work and any help would be greatly appreciated. So I have a list of reference numbers in a list in an excel spreadsheet that I need to be cross referenced with with another longer list in Access. If the reference numbers are on both lists then I need to have a box checked in Access. I tried searching through the other posts but came up empty.
Back up and restore database in access runtime 2007   (211 Views)
I have an access 2007 application packaged (using access developers extensions) for my users... how can i enable in it the backup, restore, import and export features
Microsoft access   (177 Views)
Hi i have created a DB in access older version.... i want to create a calculated field at the bottom of one of my forms that indicates the number of responses the volunteer answers for example.... i have 90 questions iN ALL of my 90 questions i have combo boxes with the same options ...they are all uniform in all 90 questions such as: 0= Not at all 1= A little bit 2= Moderately 3= Quite a bit 4= Extremely 9999= Not answered [a]: i want a box at the bottom to tell me out of the 90 questions how many they answered....i.e. answered 50/90... [b] i also wanted another box indicating out of the 90 questions which the volunteers answered as NOT 0 i.e. are values 1 2 3 etc.....i.e. out of 90 question the volunteer answered 87 NON 0 answers... i dont know how to do this please help!
Creating an exe or set file for access application   (143 Views)
I have an application developed using access 2003. I have performed a database split. My Front End (FE) still shows the database tables. I do not want to show the data in the tables to my users, what do I do How can I create an exe or a set file for the Front end part Can anyone pls advise.
getting pivot charts out of access   (198 Views)
a co-worker set up several pivot charts in queries, that we now need to get into a distributable format. I had envisioned having these in a report, but access doesn't agree. Is there any way of getting the chart out of access, intact, to place in a word or power point file, or into a report My attempts to get the chart into a report have all ended with the table-like grid coming up. Surely there's a way...
Insert null values for date in ms access 2003   (196 Views)
how to allow null value to be added into database (access 2003) The date changed to 11/30/1999 whenever there is null.
Calculate Process Time for access beginner   (277 Views)
I am trying to create a database that calculate time. The database will have an "Arrival Time", "Review Time", "Completion Time", and will show the result in "Total Process Time". An example will be: Arrivl: 10:05 Review: 10:20 Complete: 10:35 Total Time: :30 I am not good with creating the functions that will do the calculation for me from the field. I have created the table already and struggling with the calculation now. Please help
Is this access 2007 database secure?   (231 Views)
I have the back end password protected and added some security measures to the front end. I have the F11 and **** keys disabled on startup. Full menus are not allowed and I have a custom ribbon with no functionality (which is disabled upon start up for redundancy) and a custom global shortcut menu with just copy, paste, delete. No navigation menu is available nor are any special keys usable The shift key can be enabled by going to a password protected admin menu and double clicking a certain invisible area which brings up an invisible textbox somewhere where another (different) password is required to make an invisible button functional and visible (funny, I know). I also have it saved as ACCDE so forms/vba can't be imported (or can they, somehow) What else can I do
data source - access db on the web   (187 Views)
Can anybody render me some practical help, please. I have an application with access database, which is mdf file that works beautifully locally, and and I need to make it work on a server. I need to know how to do it, not only about it. Please, my provider is not very helpful. I am In Manchester but can travel. And of course I am prepared to pay.
Ms access loading issue   (327 Views)
I have csv file which has around 450 k records. Since the number of records is high I need to load it into ms access(MS Access 2000). The problem is that 82 records do not load properly. With some versions of ms access it even does nt through import errors. We came to know of these records when it threw errors in older versions. The problem is that for these 82 records the data gets truncated after a field.It differents for every record. We tried loading it into Sybase and SAS and it workds fine. Pls suggest if we can resolve this using newer access versions.
How to open another access database from acess database   (197 Views)
i have a form containing 6 buttons leading to 6 different ms access database , how can i open these on click event
Access Database accessible on Vista local IIS   (331 Views)
I could NOT, for the life of me get my Classic ASP 3.0 to open the dadgum Access Database. I set about every possible User permission on the folder and the file trying to get it t work. I simply wanted to develop locally before uploading my files. I finally found the answer on the MS website and wanted to share this with someone else: http://support.microsoft.com/id=926939 Basically, locate and open the ApplicationHost.config file, and in the section of the file, put the following: Finally... I got my Access db to work in IIS7 on my local machine. This took me several hours to find and I wanted to share it. -Ken
Open Password protected access 2007 db in ASP   (253 Views)
I have been opening password protected access 2003 databases with ASP / ADO for years now. However now we have updated to office 2007 everything gone bottoms up. I have an access 2007 database (newly made, not converted from 2003), and a fresh asp page. I've gotten the new connection string information for Access 2007 from the internet yet the page cannot open the database. connection string being used: sConnString="Provider=Microsoft.ace.OLEDB.12.0;Dat a Source=" & strPath & ";Jet OLEDB:Database PASSWORD= password" When I try to open the page the error i get is - "Not a valid password" - 80040e4d. I'm 100% sure the password is correct, the driver is right (the server has office 2007 installed, and the new access driver from the M$ website). Every page i've seen on the internet says that the code I'm using is correct, yet asp still can't open it. If i remove the password from the database it opens fine, so it's not a corrupt database, or bad path in the code. If you can shed any light on my problem I would be eternally grateful - been working on it for hours now! Many
Select query access 2000   (303 Views)
hello there I have a problem. I have a really simple table here: table1 with two fields A and B. The content of the table is: a1, b11 a1, b12 a1, b13 a2, b21 a2, b22 a2, b23 A is primary key. My question is: I need to build a query which will get these rows a1, b11/nb12b13/n a2, b21/nb22/nb23 from the content of the table1 that I mentioned. Would you please suggest some way to build a select which would get these two rows I could think of a query which would look like something like this: select A, T1.B,"/n",T2.B from table1 as T1, table1 as T2 where T1.A = T2.A but this not only does not solve my problem but it is my closest approach to a possible solution.
Import Excel file to ms access 2.0   (216 Views)
Hi , I have an error to import an excel file into ms access 2.0(1993). I am developig a vb6 application.Back end is ms access 2.0. 5000 records are saved in the excel sheet. I need to import to access 2.0. I am using ms access 2003. I could not edit or modify the 2.0 database in the ms access 2003. And also, I could not import the excel file into ms access 2.0. Please guide me.
Open Report from DAP (data access page)   (231 Views)
Hi I am trying to get my data access page to open a report. I have buttons that my staff use to print the report but I would also like to add a button so that they can just view the report. Access is installed on the machines so this shouldnt cause a problem. My code, however much i try to change it, always prints.... Code: Set objAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application") objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase "\\hajj\Detentions\DETENTION.mdb" 'objAccess.Visible = True Set objCommand = objAccess.DoCmd objCommand.OpenReport "Detention - Today", acViewPreview Code: Set objAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application") objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase "\\hajj\Detentions\DETENTION.mdb" 'objAccess.Visible = True Set objCommand = objAccess.DoCmd objCommand.OpenReport "Detention - Today", acPreview Code: Set objAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application") objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase "\\hajj\Detentions\DETENTION.mdb" 'objAccess.Visible = True ObjAccess.DoCmd.OpenReport "Detention - Today", acViewNormal Any ideas anyone Thank you
Need answers about standalone access file   (200 Views)
I just have a question, is there anyway to create a standalone ms access 2003 file. I want to be able to create a ms access db that has forms and certain reports. I have a client who needs this ms access file to distributable to his clients (who can use it without having ms access file). Also he him self can make changes, to the forms, etc. Without any programming knowledge, change the look of the forms, add queries, etc. And be able to send the updated version of the ms access file to his cleint. Can this be done I have suggested using a vb frontend & and ms access as a backend, but he would have to pay someone to make changes, add reports, etc. And he wouldn't be able to do it him self becuase of lack of programming knowledge, he only has medium knowledgable of Ms Access. So can this be done, is there a sdk i can use
data access page - search function   (212 Views)
Im having problems trying to construct a database for my company. They need the database to enter information about certain insurance policies that our company has. We have a table setup and ready to go. I need to allow multiple users to add records to the database so I want to setup a Data Access Page to accomplish this. However, theres a problem Im still stuck on. In the Data Access Page, I need the ability to search and display a record designated by the primary key field (policy number). I found code to do this, however when I click the button, input a known policy number at the prompt, and click ok, it displays Error: 3265 the item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. Heres the code from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010345491033.aspx
Updating oracle backend tables from MS access forms(dynamically)??   (306 Views)
, My requirement is this... I have to use MS Access as front end with ODBC connection to Oracle 9i DB. The application(forms) should be able to update, delete ,insert records into oracle tables(backend). i have a main form,which has some unique id's and other info about the ids and the subform shows several matching id's for that unique id in main form. the user who uses this application should be able to 1) search for the unique id in the main form such that the subform displays all its matches 2) they should be able to select anyone match and say approve(there can only be one match), then that particular record should be updated in the table.IF I USE A CHECK BOX AND IF THEY CLICK ON ONE RECORD AS MATCH,HOW DO I TAKE THAT RECORD SAY THE ID , NAME ADDRESS AND ALL DETAILS AND UPDATE THE TABLE similarly when they select some other record i should give option of deleting other irrelevant matches in the backend table. the main form and the subform uses the same table as source.updates are to another table, i should also have to put entry into audit table about which record was deleted and which one inserted.. How should i do this i am new to MS access .VBA, any help would be highly appreciated!