SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Mysql restarts ALOT (error included)

I have a heavy-traffic website and running 2 servers, one for apache and the other is for mysql ..

both are celeron 2.6 with 1gb RAM, the mysql service restarts every 2 minutes by itself and here's what's written in the error messages ..

Code: 061225 16:03:28 mysqld restarted 061225 16:03:29 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 89760 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections. Version: '4.1.13-log' socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' port: 3306 FreeBSD port: mysql-server-4.1.13 061225 16:05:22 [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 16391 bytes) 061225 16:05:22 [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 16391 bytes) 061225 16:05:22 [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 16391 bytes) 061225 16:05:22 [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 16391 bytes) mysqld got signal 10; This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built, or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware. We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong and this may fail. key_buffer_size=402653184 read_buffer_size=1044480 max_used_connections=83 max_connections=250 threads_connected=23 It is possible that mysqld could use up to key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections = 904214 K bytes of memory Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation. 061225 16:06:24 mysqld restarted 061225 16:06:24 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 89760 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections. Version: '4.1.13-log' socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' port: 3306 FreeBSD port: mysql-server-4.1.13 mysqld got signal 10; This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built, or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware. We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong and this may fail. key_buffer_size=402653184 read_buffer_size=1044480 max_used_connections=110 max_connections=250 threads_connected=24 It is possible that mysqld could use up to key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections = 904214 K bytes of memory Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation. 061225 16:10:16 mysqld restarted 061225 16:10:16 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 89760 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections. Version: '4.1.13-log' socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' port: 3306 FreeBSD port: mysql-server-4.1.13 mysqld got signal 10; This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built, or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware. We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong and this may fail. key_buffer_size=402653184 read_buffer_size=1044480 max_used_connections=105 max_connections=250 threads_connected=16 It is possible that mysqld could use up to key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections = 904214 K bytes of memory Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation. 061225 16:12:41 mysqld restarted 061225 16:12:41 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 89760 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections. Version: '4.1.13-log' socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' port: 3306 FreeBSD port: mysql-server-4.1.13

I tried to do "repair" for all the tables and still it restarts, any help will be greatly appretiated ..

Posted On: Friday 12th of October 2012 03:31:10 AM Total Views:  277
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

How can I execute following mysql stored procedure   (308 Views)
This is mysql stored procedure DELIMITER $$ DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS `deed`.`SPocateDocK1` $$ CREATE PROCEDURE `SPocateDocK1`(INOUT v_ImageID INT , INOUT v_Imgpath VARCHAR(200) , INOUT v_pageno VARCHAR(10) , INOUT v_year VARCHAR(10) , INOUT v_CdLabel VARCHAR(20) , v_CdLabel1 INT, /* v_BatchId INT,*/ INOUT v_setid INT) BEGIN select A.ImageId,Imagepath,page,yearN,cdlabel,A.setid INTO v_ImageID,v_Imgpath,v_pageno,v_year,v_CdLabel,v_setid from entrycheck A, MarkingQc B where counterN = 1 and A.ImageId = B.ImageId and /* A.Batchid = v_BatchId and*/ DocKey1 = 0 and cdLabel = v_CdLabel1 and ImageOrder = 1 and Utility 1 order by A.ImageId LIMIT 1; update entrycheck set DocKey1 = 1 where ImageId = v_ImageID limit 1; END $$ DELIMITER ; This is VB code for executing sql stored procedure Public Function Key1(cdlbl As Long) As Variant Dim Cmd As New ADODB.Command Dim ParImgId As New ADODB.Parameter Dim ParImgPath As New ADODB.Parameter Dim ParCdLabel As New ADODB.Parameter Dim Paryear As New ADODB.Parameter Dim Parpageno As New ADODB.Parameter Dim ParCDId As New ADODB.Parameter Dim ParSetId As New ADODB.Parameter With Cmd .ActiveConnection = con .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc .CommandText = "SPocateDocK1" Set ParImgId = .CreateParameter("ImageId", adInteger, adParamOutput) .Parameters.Append ParImgId Set ParImgPath = .CreateParameter("ImagePath", adVarChar, adParamOutput, 200) .Parameters.Append ParImgPath Set Parpageno = .CreateParameter("page", adVarChar, adParamOutput, 200) .Parameters.Append Parpageno Set Paryear = .CreateParameter("yearN", adVarChar, adParamOutput, 200) .Parameters.Append Paryear Set ParCdLabel = .CreateParameter("CdLabel", adVarChar, adParamOutput, 20) .Parameters.Append ParCdLabel Set ParCDId = .CreateParameter("CDLabel1", adDouble, adParamInput) .Parameters.Append ParCDId ' Set parBatchID = .CreateParameter("BatchId", adDouble, adParamInput) ' .Parameters.Append parBatchID Set ParSetId = .CreateParameter("setid", adVarChar, adParamOutput, 20) .Parameters.Append ParSetId .Parameters("CDLabel1").Value = cdlbl ' .Parameters("BatchId").Value = gBatchID .Execute Key(0) = ParImgId.Value Key(1) = ParImgPath.Value Key(2) = Parpageno.Value Key(3) = Paryear.Value Key(4) = ParCdLabel.Value Key(5) = ParSetId.Value End With End Function If I execute this in mysql query browser it works fine. While i executing from VB it fetches large number. The value for imageid is 1. but it fetches 246878 etc. I'm using MYsql odbc 3.51 driver. Is this support stored procedure or not. Any one pls mention how to use above Vb code for executing Mysql stored procedure
The benefits of keeping mysql maintained & optimised   (151 Views)
The company I work for has no idea or concept of how their website works. They have no idea of the importance of regular back ups and optimisation of the database and removing deleted products from the system to free space up in the database. They keep telling me that these products need to stay on even when they are sold and I keep saying please look after your database. The only language they understand is and thats it. Trouble is no one is listening to me. I would like to throw some figures at the them. I would like to know how much it would cost them for a MYSQL expert to come in and repair a corrupt table full of thousands of clients details and products. I would like to know why it is important to keep MYSQL maintaind and optimised. I need an experts view, so I can print it off and show them. Secondly for my own peice of mind I back up the database every single evening without fail. What I do to test it is upload to my own server at home through phpmyadmin. When all the tablkes appear and records I presume that it is ok What do you do to test
Mutiple mysql queries   (163 Views)
im making a script in PHP and MySQL that sends invoices to people and the person pays the invoice. the problem is when the user pays the invoice it has to do 3 mysql queries that update different rows in different tables. if one of these queries fail all of them need to be "undone" (ie the user pays the invoice, it updates their balance, marks the invoice as paid yadah yadah...) i think theres somehow a way to do all these different queries in one query so if theres an error in any of the queries nothing happens. if this isnt the case whats the best way to do this manualy cheking for which ones need to be undone and which fialed yadah yadah seems not very efficent and it seems like there should be an easier way
Page 3 - mysqladmin flush-hosts   (186 Views)
Originally Posted by sr It means that you should run the command: > mysqladmin -uroot -p[password] flush-hosts from the command line on your mysql server. Your host where you are running your script has done a lot of connection errors and therefor been locked out by the mysqld. I heard you don't have to use your root password if you're already in the root. How would i do that What command should I type I'm entering it as a crontab entry.
4.1 mysqldump but importing into 4.0   (137 Views)
is it possible if my just did a mysqldump of a 4.1 db and want to import it into a 4.0 db mysqldump --skip-opt --add-drop-table db_name > dump but then when i went to the 4.0 and did a source dump, i got some syntax errors.... do i need a flag for backwards compat thanx
Zipped backup of mysql database   (195 Views)
Sorry, bit of a newbie question here...... My entire mySQL database got 'wiped' from the hosting server, and I have been sent a old backup, as a zip file. When I try to restore this, using MySQL Administrator, I get an error 'Assertion failed! Program: ...MySQL Administrator 1.0\MySQLAdministrator.exe File: .\source\myx_international_file.c Line: 210 Expression: g_utf8_get_char_validated(invaild_chars,wrong_size)==(gunichar)-1 I have no idea what this means! Can I restore a database from a .zip file, when I try to unzip the file, it unzips as a folder, rather than a .sql file Can anyone give me a pointer about what I should do next
Phpmyadmin and mysql / upload datafiles   (188 Views)
is there somewhere an option i can increase the limit of 8,192KB per file upload on the SQL import datafile form I saw on many places they have up to 48k
Referential integrity in mysql   (144 Views)
like, im not sure about what to do with this... im making a site and it needs to be all in a database, well i learned the other day about referential integrity with key constraints now i cant get it out of my head ok its like this...the question is actually...is it bad design if its not possible to keep integrity with the key constraint my head says yes but my feeling says its real bad
How can i connect my asp page to mysql database   (169 Views)
hello, i am raghvendra khandal . i am making a asp file and want to connect with mysql database. i have created a system dsn called mysql_new with myodbc 3.51.it created successfully. my asp is on remote machine. and my database is on local machine where i created dsn. i have added a line in asp for connecting mysql using dsn Conn.open "DSN=mysql_new;uid=root;pwd=raghu;" but it is giving error like this: Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified /forMySQL.asp, line 11 i have also used connection string like conn.open "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER=localhost;port=8080;DATABASE=mysql;uid=root;PWD=raghu;OPTION=3;" but it gives same error in browser could any body help me
Remove special charactars using mysql   (184 Views)
I have currently write an php page to import the data from .txt file and insert into mysql database. Data example in (test.txt file): abc@hotmail.com lily123@hotmail.com 110007;"mici@tm.net.my" xyz@hotmail.com after in run the php script, the data will be insert into table and become: ID Email 1 abc@hotmail.com 2 lily123@hotmail.com 3 110007;"mici@tm.com"--> want this to be mici@tm.com 4 xyz@hotmail.com i want to remove the 110007; and the double quote, as i only want the take valid email address and save into my table. Is there any sql query can be run to remove the 110007, ; , and "" so that the email address for ID 3 will become mici@tm.com
problems connecting to mysql (was "Help! What did I miss out?")   (201 Views)
am a newbie to the 'bolts & nuts' of websites, so I guess this is one of the beginnings to challenges ahead. After reading around the forums for a couple of days for similar problem I got more confused and do not have a clue where to start.... I decided to change my webhost, so I downloaded my files and mysql database to my pc (my first time) following step-by-step instructions from cPanel - thought it looked simple but apparently its not..... After uploading the files and mysql database to the new webhost, the following msg displayed - Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'asian_user@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/diva/public_html/config.inc.php on line 10 Connection Failed in my browser. I then compared info on the cPanels and found that SQL disk usage is 0.01mb & disk usage is 5.82mb in the new webhost whilst SQL usage is 0.18mb & disk usage is 2.44mb in the old one , so something is not correctly done. I would really appreciate advice/help from the experts in this forum,
5.0 mysqldump-query understandable by 3.23 server   (146 Views)
I upgraded to MySQL 5.0, but the remote server still runs 3.23. Before I upgraded I was able to, in a local DOS-prompt, execute a mysqldump and get the database from the server to a file on my computer. Now, when I execute the same query, the remote server does not understand my command. This is what I execute on my local computer (simplified): C:\folder\mysqldump --add-locks --add-drop-table -h xx.xx.xxx.xx -u username -p database > "C:\folder\db_downloaded.sql" This used to work, but after I upgraded I get the error message: Couldn't execute '/*!40100 SET @@SQL_MODE='' */': Query was empty (1065)
Slave mysql server: dedicated only?   (255 Views)
The replication process on my machine is used only for one table on a particular database. I wonder if it is possible to have other databases and/or tables on a mysql server which is used as a slave, ie. not affected by the master. I guess it could be like mysql.users but I would like a confirmation, before I try anything. I use mysql 3.28 This is the replication part in my config: my.cnf .... .... .... server-id=xxxx log-bin log-slave-updates master-host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx master-port=3306 master-user=xxxxxx master-password=xxxxxxxx replicate-wild-ignore-table=mysql.% replicate-ignore-db=% replicate-do-table=zzzzzzzzzz .... .... ....
Joining columns in mysql   (115 Views)
Hi gurus: I realy need help here. I have about 5 columns in one of mysql database tables. i have different fileds for date, month and year. I have an empty column for full_date where i want to concatenate (join) these 3 fileds and make a full_date. I have a reason for doing the dates separately. Does anybody know how to write like a sort of insert command so that whenever i enter the values for the 3 fileds the forth column (full_date) get updated automaticly
Hiding / Encrypting mysql db login account & password   (138 Views)
I need help with a simple issue. (newb @ encryption) currently, I am using plain text passwords in in the php code like this: " $connection = @mysql_connect("mysql_db.com","db_username","db_password") or die(mysql_error()); " I need to find a way to hide the login name and passwords. How can I do this
mysql: left vs inner joins   (213 Views)
I'm sure this has probably been asked before and, don't worry, I have searched the forums and found some answers. BUT does anyone know any links to exampls of the two joins I've got explanations, sure. But I feel I'd better understand what left joins do (over inner ones) if I could see an example of the output you'd get on a simple DB. Unless anyone has the time or inclination to write one
A decent utility for backing up and restoring large mysql databases?   (170 Views)
I have tried multiple utilities to backup and restore mysql databases... I say large in my header but they are not really. They are just to big to restore with phpMyAdmin. I can't tell you how frustrating it always is when I try to do this... there will always be some kind of error when I try to do it. I have tried various utilties and nothing seems to do the job properly. You know those days when everything you try fails Yes I know I can break them up but surely there must be something that can do this for me on the fly reliably
can mysql be best sgbd ??   (164 Views)
hi i have i big data base . im using sql server 2000. i have a new website using php and mysql . so my question is : mysql can be able support the request i hope that my question is clair !!
how do i use python to pass flat file to mysql??   (120 Views)
can anyone help me do this please
q about mysql commercial license   (244 Views)
im reading, and i see this: PASSWORD = 'password' Available only to MySQL customers with special commercial licenses. This option uses the specified password to encrypt the table's .frm file. This option has no effect on the standard version of MySQL. Just wondering what type of advantage this has. Is it huge And how much is a commercial license I imagine it'd be pricey.. Any thoughts