SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

how to conver access into sql?

to
I'm new and i'm happy that i have found this.
I had a question which might have been asked many times: how do I convert access codes into sql
I have this data base in access which needs to be in sql . I wanted to know if i have to write codes or something else.
I have office xp and sql server 2000 personal edition.
hope to get an answer very soon.
thanks

Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 01:45:16 AM Total Views:  388
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

convert site DB from ColdFusion 8 => WordPress3, "echo response"   (94 Views)
I just got a new client, [save the celebration until after we get a check]. The new client's site is ten years old and written in ColdFusion running in a CF 8 server envronment. I asked the Network Admin to give me a backup of the site DB, kind of half expecting a text-based SQL file. Buy instead I got a binary file (.bak) and the files first four letters were "TAPE" (same four letters as in two month old back-up file). Any one have a clue on mwhat this file is The idea here is to migrate the CodFusion DB file info over to a MYSQL DB. I imagine this is going to happen a lot since CF has lost its market. Greg
Will converting a column from enum to Varchar(20) cause data to be lost?   (183 Views)
, We have a column that is currently enum, containing a selection of possible choices that are at maximum 15 Chars. We would like to change this column to be a Varchar(20), would this Alter keep the data in the current enum safe, that is convert them to be just Char data under the new Varchar(20) or will conversion from enum to Varchar cause the loss of data If yes, that is conversion from enum to varchat is not possible, what to you suggest as the best method to getting this objective realized
Problem converting a MS SQL function to a MYSQL function   (125 Views)
I am trying to convert the followng MS SQL funtion to a MYSQL function CREATE FUNCTION formatFloatToMin (@unit float(15)) RETURNS nvarchar(30) AS BEGIN declare @Return nvarchar(30) select @return = convert(varchar(5),dateadd(mi,@unit*60,0),108) return @return end Can anyone please help me I am very new to MYSQL and have a task of migrating a MS SQL db to MYSQL!!
How can we conver mysql 5.0.22 database into MySQL 4.1.20?   (182 Views)
Is there any way to convert database developed in MySQL 5.0.22 into MySQL 4.1.20 RISHI
Need help converting MSSQL View to mySQL   (158 Views)
Im pretty sure this is possible but i dont know how. I need to change these two views from MSSQL into views for mySQL. Can anyone help me please CREATE VIEW [dbo].[AuditRecordView] AS SELECT [Date], [RecordType] = CASE [RecordType] WHEN '301' THEN 'Sign On' WHEN '302' THEN 'Sign Off' WHEN '303' THEN 'Join' WHEN '304' THEN 'Part' WHEN '305' THEN 'Nick Change' WHEN '306' THEN 'Signoff Error' END, [OriginatorNick], [OriginatorHostname], [Detail] FROM [dbo].[EntryExitEvents] UNION SELECT [Date], [RecordType] = CASE [RecordType] WHEN '401' THEN 'Kick' WHEN '402' THEN 'Ban' WHEN '403' THEN 'Unban' WHEN '404' THEN 'Kill' WHEN '405' THEN 'Server Ban' WHEN '406' THEN 'Server Unban' WHEN '407' THEN 'Quiet' WHEN '408' THEN 'UnQuiet' WHEN '409' THEN 'Server Ban Hit' END, [OriginatorNick], [OriginatorHostname], [Detail] FROM [dbo].[BanEvents] UNION SELECT [Date], [RecordType] = CASE [RecordType] WHEN '501' THEN 'Oper' WHEN '502' THEN 'Moderator' WHEN '503' THEN 'Die' WHEN '504' THEN 'Restart' WHEN '505' THEN 'Bad Nick Pass' WHEN '506' THEN 'Impersonate SVCAGENT' WHEN '507' THEN 'Mass Invite' WHEN '508' THEN 'Nick Add' WHEN '509' THEN 'Nick Drop' WHEN '510' THEN 'Nick Expire' WHEN '511' THEN 'Global Room Limit' WHEN '512' THEN 'Bad Oper Pass' WHEN '513' THEN 'Room Member ADD' WHEN '514' THEN 'Room Member DEL' WHEN '515' THEN 'Invite' WHEN '516' THEN 'Tour' WHEN '517' THEN 'Room ADD' WHEN '518' THEN 'Room DEL' WHEN '519' THEN 'Room Change' WHEN '520' THEN 'Nick Setting Change' ELSE 'Unknown' END, [OriginatorNick], [OriginatorHostname], [Detail] FROM [dbo].[SecurityEvents] GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO CREATE VIEW [dbo].[TranscriptView] AS SELECT ALL [RecordType], [Date], [OriginatorNick], [OriginatorHostname], [Room], CONVERT(VARCHAR(512), [MsgText]) AS [Detail] FROM [dbo].[RoomTranscripts] WHERE ([dbo].[RoomTranscripts].[RecordType] = 101) UNION SELECT ALL [RecordType], [Date], [OriginatorNick], [OriginatorHostname], [Detail] AS [Room], NULL AS [Detail] FROM [dbo].[EntryExitEvents] WHERE ([dbo].[EntryExitEvents].[RecordType] = 303) OR ([dbo].[EntryExitEvents].[RecordType] = 304) UNION SELECT ALL [RecordType], [Date], [OriginatorNick], NULL AS [OriginatorHostname], LEFT(Detail, charindex(' ', Detail) - 1) AS [Room], SUBSTRING(Detail, charindex(' ', Detail) + 1, 512) FROM [dbo].[SecurityEvents] WHERE ([dbo].[SecurityEvents].[RecordType] = 516)
Varchar conversion to date format   (219 Views)
Is there a way to convert a varchar field containing date data (Sep/9/2005) to a differet field of date format
How to convert .csv to .sql?   (257 Views)
, I have the data in an .csv file and I need to import it into the MySQL database. How can I do this I have tried various MySQL clients but they all return errors. This is quite urgent.
Issue converting char to datetime   (150 Views)
Hi . I am a bit new at converting data so bear with me. I need to convert a field from our database that is a char into a datetime format so I can compare if something was sent after that.I do it one way and it doesn't give me anything after 123108 probably because 123108 is bigger than 010109. Anyways any help you could provide would be appreciated. My query so far is attached. Many
The conversion of char data type to smalldatetime data type resulted in an out-of-ran   (178 Views)
Hi I have looked around on Google but can't quite figure out why I ma getting this error... Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '#'. My Date field known as Trandate is Date/Time format and in my sql I have the following statement: Code: mysql = mysql + "WHERE sldetail.[trandate] " mysql = mysql + "BETWEEN #10/01/2005# AND #25/01/2005# " When I use this statement: Code: mysql = mysql + "WHERE sldetail.[trandate] " mysql = mysql + "BETWEEN '10/01/2005' AND '25/01/2005' " It brings up this: Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E07) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The conversion of char data type to smalldatetime data type resulted in an out-of-range smalldatetime value. Any comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
convert date range to month value   (131 Views)
I am trying to generate reports from a MS SQL 2000 database. The data is entered according to date. The date format is char and formatted like: mm/dd/yy I need to generate monthly reports based on billing cycles that run from the 25th to the 24th of the next month. I want to create a stored procedure that runs on the 25th of each month to automatically sum the daily values into a monthly total, but I don't know how to convert the date range to a value like "September". For example: 08/25/03 - 09/24/03 = September 2003 Is there a way to do this or a better design Any suggestions Eventually there will be a front end web app to this that users can go to to find outh their own totals.
The conversion of char data type to smalldatetime data type resulted in an out-of-range smalldatetim   (278 Views)
Originally posted by : alan (alan2288@yahoo.com)Can any body help me to solve this problem....Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e07' The conversion of char data type to smalldatetime data type resulted in an out-of-range smalldatetime value. Thank You.
SQL Query...convert Juliean Date....   (141 Views)
I am trying to do this SQL statement and having a few issues. First off the app was using a Julian date. So I have to address that....i tried as such below but the date keeps coming out one day ahead....it seems to be adding 1 day in the conversion.... This is creating the extra day I tried to change the SQL statement: '1/1' to '1/0' and '0/1' and I get SQL error "incorrect column expression" Any thoughts Code: convert(varchar,dateadd(d,convert(int,MGPDTA.F0413.RMDMTJ) % 1000,convert(datetime, (convert(varchar,convert(int,MGPDTA.F0413.RMDMTJ) /1000 + 1900) + '/1/1'))),101) Code: SELECT MGPDTA.F0413.RMPYE, MGPDTA.F0413.RMDOCM, MGPDTA.F0101.ABAN8, MGPDTA.F0413.RMDMTJ, convert(varchar,dateadd(d,convert(int,MGPDTA.F0413.RMDMTJ) % 1000,convert(datetime, (convert(varchar,convert(int,MGPDTA.F0413.RMDMTJ) /1000 + 1900) + '/1/1'))),101) FROM MGPDTA.F0413 INNER JOIN MGPDTA.F0101 ON MGPDTA.F0413.RMPYE = MGPDTA.F0101.ABAN8 Where RMDOCM =
How to insert a text field converting to time field SQL Server 7.0   (144 Views)
Originally posted by : Asli (vatansev@yahoo.com)Hi Everybody,I get some time fields fromthe user in may ASP program but I can not convert this text to datetime in SQL Server .I tried the cast and convert functions but not working.Do u have any idea
How can I convert data type in access?   (126 Views)
Hi everybody, I have to momently convert the data type of my access database from text to numeric. In SQL I will have used the sintax "CONVERT(newtype, field)" but access don't accept it... How can I do
how to: data converstion??   (124 Views)
I just added a new field Contact_Status_ID to tblContacts Contact_Status_ID is pulling its value from tblContactStatus Everything is working fine. I want to write a script which goes into the tblContact and assigns every contact a Contact_Status_ID value = 1 (which is "Active" as seen in Table Model below) tblContact contains about 20,000 records. Here is how my code looks while creating a table Code: tblContactStatus looks like this: tblContactStatus- Contact_Status_ID -int - tblContactStatus- Contact_Status - nvarchar - tblContactStatus- Active - bit - tblContact looks like this tblContacts - Contact_ID - int - tblContacts - Last_Name - - nvarchar - tblContacts - First_Name - - nvarchar - tblContacts - Contact_Status_ID - - int - Data Model for tblContactStatus Contact_Status_ID / Contact_Status / Active 1 / Active / 1 2 / Non-Active / 1 3 / Just-In-Time / 1
The conversion of char data type to smalldatetime data type resulted in an out-of-range smalldatetim   (181 Views)
Originally posted by : alan (alan2288@yahoo.com)Can any body help me to solve this problem....Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e07' The conversion of char data type to smalldatetime data type resulted in an out-of-range smalldatetime value. Thank You.
Conversion failed when converting character string to smalldatetime data type   (213 Views)
Hi ... the date is getting translated by the server into datetime. When i execute my query in query analyser am getting this error "Conversion failed when converting character string to smalldatetime data type." This is my Query Code: SELECT iCalls_Calls.CALL_ID, iCalls_Calls.REQUESTOR,iCalls_Calls.REQ_DATE,iCalls_Calls.CLOSED_DATE, iCalls_Users.USER_NAME, DESCRIPTION, TYPE, SCOPE, SEVERITY, iCalls_Calls.STATUS_ID, iCalls_Status.STATUS_ID, iCalls_Status.STATUS_LABEL FROM ((iCalls_Calls inner join iCalls_Status on iCalls_Calls.STATUS_ID=iCalls_Status.STATUS_ID) inner Join iCalls_Users on iCalls_Calls.REQUESTOR=iCalls_Users.USER_ID) left outer join iCalls_Messages on iCalls_Calls.CALL_ID=iCalls_Messages.CALL_ID WHERE RESPONSIBLE='" & Session("USER_ID") & "' AND iCalls_Calls.STATUS_ID 6 AND iCalls_Calls.REQ_DATE between '" & txtSTdate.Text & "' and '" & txtCLdate.Text & "' ORDER BY iCalls_Calls.CALL_ID .. So what can be the correct Query. Help me with this.
Syntax error converting varchar value '/' to a column of datatype int   (143 Views)
Can anyone please help me with the syntax for this query please. Error is "syntax error converting varchar value '/' to a column of datatype int" Query: Code: select iCalls_Calls.Call_ID,iCalls_Calls.Requestor,Type,Scope,iCalls_Calls.Status_ID,iCalls_Status.Status_ID, iCalls_Status.Status_Label,((select Count(*) from iCalls_Events where Call_ID = " & Session("Call_ID") & " ) + ' /' + ( select Count(*) from iCalls_Events where Call_ID = "& Session("Call_ID") & " and Events_Flag 0)) as Countrec from ((iCalls_Calls inner join iCalls_Status on iCalls_Calls.Status_ID=iCalls_Status.Status_ID ) inner join iCalls_Users on iCalls_Calls.Requestor=iCalls_Users.User_ID) left outer join iCalls_Messages on iCalls_Calls.Call_ID=iCalls_Messages.Call_ID where Requestor='" & Session("User_ID") & "' AND iCalls_Calls.Status_ID 6 order by iCalls_Calls.Call_ID
Error converting data type nvarchar to datetime.   (131 Views)
I have the below stored procedure which used to work fine in sql server 2000, however we have just upgraded to sql server 2005 and now my stored procedure wont work, i keep getting a convert error but not sure why as i havent changed anything in the code, so im thinking this may be a problem with the table which i had to recreat. I think when i was usign 2000 i only hade the date being saved in the start date box, but now have date and time, could this be the problem, or is there something wrong with the below code.
Error inserting date - The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type res   (113 Views)
I'm having huge problems inserting a date into SQL using ASP - I keep getting the following error message: "The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value." The SQL is: INSERT INTO SchemeChanges ([Index], District, Section, SchemeTitle, SchemeDescriptionObjectives, NewCode, ProjectManager, ClientManager, Design, Comments, Position, DateLastChanged, Updated, LastUpdatedBy, Estates, PlanningPermission, Cycling, ITS, TAG, PermanentTROs, TemporaryTROs, LandscapeInvolvement) VALUES (258, 'EBC', '2004/05', 'Central Eastleigh Transport Plan', 'Refurbishment of Eastleigh Bus Station (complete). Preparation of a transport plan for Eastleigh. test', '55965', 'SS', 'JC', '', 'Atkins are preparing a draft strategy for central Eastleigh, to co-ordinate LTP and developer funding. SWHTS Panel agreed consultation process.', 'F', '13/02/2004', '13/02/2004', 'ITCSKN', 'Unknown', 'Unknown', 'Yes', 'Yes', 'Unknown', 'Unknown', 'Unknown', 'Unknown'); The dates come from the following code: dtDate = FormatDateTime(Now,2) And I have also tried: dim curMonth, curDay, curYear, curDate curMonth = Month(Now) curYear = Year(now) curday = day(now) curDate= curDay & "/" & curMonth & "/" & curYear dtDate = cdate(FormatDateTime(curDate,2)) But nothing seems to work! I've set the session.lcid = 2057 and have tried putting # around the dates in the query but nothing seems to be working. Any clues at all, anyone!