SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Help!!On how to code A-Z title search, PLEEEAASE!

Originally posted by : Trinity (the_matrix_ad@hotmailc.om)
To anyone out there, I really need some help for my school project, on how to code an
A-Z title link search.
For example: if the user clicks on C, it will take he/she to a page with all the movies starting
with the letter C.
I need to see what the SQL query would look like for this type of search.
My html file will have something like this...

View showtimes for movie titles that begin with:

A
B
C
Z
I got this little code of some web site. I've just started learning ASP on the side, therefore I'm not
very familiar with it.
I do not understand why they're using the '#' in the HREF.
I have successfully built in a little ASP prototype that selects all the movie title from
my database. But the question is now, how to do this particular feature A-Z

Thank you for taking your time to ready my humble help message.
I would reaaaally appreciate if anybody could help on this ASAP.

Thaks again

Trinity )

Posted On: Sunday 11th of November 2012 09:31:01 PM Total Views:  187
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

How to extract first 15 characters from a title   (97 Views)
Say I have "medium grey jumpsuit" as a post title, but i only want to display the first 15 characters from it. how can i do so
Extract column title   (58 Views)
hi, how can i extract column names from mysql table using sql.
trying to pull id, count and title but lose rows when i add extra join   (89 Views)
i'm trying to extract some information from my database, the query being PHP Code: SELECTgrps_c.catid,grps_c.title,COUNT(grps.groupid)ASCOUNT FROMgrps RIGHTJOINgrps_categorygrps_cON(grps_c.catid=grps.catid) GROUPBYgrps_c.catid ORDERBYgrps_c.title which works fine. however some of the groups (grps.groupid) are hidden and i don't want to count them, so my thinking was add PHP Code: LEFTJOINgrps_settinggrps_sON(grps_s.groupid=grps.groupidANDgrps_s.hidden_group!='1') however adding that removes the rows that have a 'count' or NULL or Zero. What am i doing wrong
Not displaying articletitle???   (96 Views)
I am trying to display comments for a particular article. The comments display alright but the article title doesn't display. Can someone please tell me why this is happening and how I can fix
grab 'title' from the table 'forum' within the same query (was "Help with query")   (84 Views)
I have the following query for my vBulletin database: PHP Code: $get_stats_newthreads=$db->query_read(" SELECTthread.forumid,thread.postuserid,thread.postusername,thread.threadid,thread.title,thread.lastpost,thread.forumid,thread.replycount,thread.lastposter,thread.dateline,thread.iconid,thread.views,IF(views
Need help with a search query   (140 Views)
ok so i have an array that contains a bunch of words. I want to use this to search through a table i have and pull out the ones that contain all of these variables. this is how my table is setup uniqueID | ownerID | tag where tag is what i want to search in for those array variables above. So each of these 'tags' belong to something else referenced by ownerID. So most of these tags will have the same owner. Some might even have the same tag, but different owner. Ok so what I want to be able to do is pull out the ownerID that contains all the elements of the array. So is there a way to accomplish this simply by a query(s) I'm using php, so the other way would be to run loops, but that might require alot of queries depending on how many elements are in the array and comparing the ownerid. thx
Fulltext search help   (122 Views)
Folks: I am having a bear of a time doing a fulltext search for IP addresses. I wanted to use a fulltext search since I am searching many fields... any help on syntax I think it is taking the "." as some other character example select field1,2,3,4, from table where match(field1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) AGAINST ('10.10.10.10' ); or in IN BOOLEAN MODE
FULLTEXT or indexed search?   (126 Views)
I'm, trying to figure out which search technique would be better to use for a search engine I'm creating for a site I'm working on. The type of data I'm working with is a database of movies and music. I have to deal with names, titles, bios, etc. The problem I have is that I'm not sure how using MySQL's FULLTEXT functionality would impact the server. So how would I determine which method is better for the type of data that I'm dealing with Max
How to search for multiple keywords properly?   (148 Views)
I know I need to do a full text search to return exact keyword matches but I am unsure how to structure the query for multiple kewords (all keywords are optional). Basically my form has checkboxes for option 1 option 2 option 3 and if the user checks more than one option it should return all results that contain at least one of those options. Can someone give me an example query please This doesn't seem to work very well :-( PHP Code: SELECT*,MATCH(Headline,Blurb)AGAINST('members,chamber,the')ASScoreFROMArticlesWHEREMATCH(Headline,Blurb)AGAINST('members,chamber,the') Edit: actually it does work but I need to be able to search for keywords down to two letters. Maybe I should stick to a LIKE search
Sql statement to search 'owner_first_name' AND 'owner_last_name'   (143 Views)
I have a search field for finding an applicant by the name of the owner of the company. I want the user to be able to type in ONE field: just the first name, just the last name, or both first and last name. Is there an sql statement to accomplish this or am I better off having seperate fields for first and last name
Case-Insensitive search   (200 Views)
Hi . Does MySQL support case-insensitive search for UTF-8 (cyrillic characters). If yes, then how to do that
Full text search   (207 Views)
; Could anyone give me a idea how to do the full text search in the following case, please Example. Say I search for 'print', I would get results returned when words such as 'printers, printing, prints etc' are found.
Fulltext search with utf-8 data   (162 Views)
Does a fulltext search work if the data is stored in utf-8 Specifically, I have some vietnamese stored in the field I'm searching on and I'm having trouble. Is there anything I need to change to make it work
Regarding Advanced searching   (133 Views)
hello, I want to search the complete tables i am having.The searching should be like the following....Say if i give the word 'caring' as the keyword for search the i should get the result from the fields which is similar to caring.. ie it should display all the fields having data ..care,caring,very caring..etc hope u all got it..I used the fulltext function and also match() But i am not getting the deed result. regards rechu
Complex join/search query...   (201 Views)
I'm stumped... hoping someone can help here... I have 4 tables, simplified for the sake of this question: bands - bandid - bandname venues - venueid - venuename shows - showid - venueid - date / time showbands - showid - bandid - bandorder so, showbands has a many-to-one relationship with shows - there may be 5 bands playing a show... we store each bandid and what order it's playing in... I can handle this just fine with a query to list all shows, or all shows within a given date. Just join shows, showbands, bands, venues on their respective ids... I can also handle this just fine with multiple queries to list all shows where bandid=5 is playing (select my showids where bandid is present, then do the query on just those showids)... How, in one query, can I display only shows where bandid is playing, but display all n bands Is it even possible
Mysql full text search   (208 Views)
how i can use "Full-Text Search Functions (in mysql)" i can useing this function in world's english but i can not useing this function for world's farsi (or persian) please help me (with sample) i useing utf-8 char mysql version : 4.0.25-nt
Methods for preventing duplicate titles   (57 Views)
We are developing a document mng system, and are debating what methods to use to assist a user entering in a new document to identify and prevent near duplicate entries. I'm not to familiar with fulltext searching and how accurate that might be, or if it even works with strings, etc. Another idea we had was using soundex or metaphone and convert existing titles into this, then doing a comparison. Would a full text search work better on that over just plain title
How to search in a database   (236 Views)
Originally posted by : HP (hpvanhagen@hotmail.com),I just have a access database connected with ODBC and IIS 4.0.My Query comes from access:SELECT im.IM, im.Betreft, ("secretariaten/im/" & [IM] & ".doc") AS [Bekijk IM]FROM imWHERE (((im.IM)=[IM nummer]) AND ((im.Betreft) Like "*"+[Name your looking for is:]+"*"));Why do i get a error Please help me!
2 tables one search   (196 Views)
Hi I have a problem, that effects my navigation system, I have three tables: 1 which lists all my product info product_tbl product_id product_title product_description product_sport 1 that is a contents map of all my navigation links navigation_tbl sub_id_1 sub_name_1 sub_id_2 sub_name_2 sub_id_3 sub_name_3 And one that sort of links the two category_tbl product_id (this is the same product_id the in the product_tbl) product_link_id (this relates to one of the sub_id(number) in the navigation_tbl) what i want to do is create a sql statement that when I have selected all the products I have, it will get all the links i need. So i have a sql statement to get the products select * from product_tbl which sport='football' which will get all my products but then I need to get the navigation ids relating to the products within that search from the category_tbl and then use that to get all the links from the navigation_tbl Background is I have set it up like this as I need to add more than one category to each product and the old system I had was very processor heavy, so i am looking for a better way, and think this to be it. Any advice would be appriciated, I am programming in asp and the DB is mysql.
SQL Statement searching 1 table for a lot of diff fields :\ need help   (234 Views)
SELECT * FROM Results_Public WHERE Animal_Identifier LIKE 'varanimalid%' AND Breed LIKE 'varbreed%'AND Gender LIKE 'vargender1' AND ' checkbox if selected show male Gender LIKE 'vargender2' AND ' checkbox if selected show female BUT if both are selected show all records for both male & female right now it shows all if none selected & none if both selected ShortName LIKE 'varshortname%' AND RegName LIKE '%varregname%' AND RegNumber LIKE 'varregnumber%' AND