SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

database problem

I received this from my host this morn

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response
Dear Sir or Madam:

We have been contacted by our database administration team regarding an issue with your hosting account for expatwebdirectory.com. The database 'expat' associated with this hosting account was performing an excessive number of simultanious write queries (update, insert, delete) that were causing an adverse affect on the database server as a whole and impacting the performance of other customer queries. Due to this issue, we have been forced to disable the associated database user at this time. In order to regain access to this database, you will need to modify the associated code issuing these calls. Alternatively you may wish to consider a dedicated server if you require this level of performance from your database application.

Should you require further assistance on this or any other issue, don't

so they shut down my database and wont do anything til I modify the code.

what code are they talking about the php files that contain sql commands i can update that with the latest updates supplied by the software vendor.

BTW the traffic they refer to was not real visitor traffic--something went wrong--the day before I manually activated about 20 registrant members--I dont knowm if that had anything to do with it or not

Posted On: Thursday 25th of October 2012 11:17:07 PM Total Views:  307
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Speeding up my SQL Query on a large database   (128 Views)
try without the ORDER BY and don't forget, it has to look at all rows in the table, unless you have an index on "field" and/or "$field"
Using Terminal to configure MySQL database on Mac OS   (138 Views)
I am in the process of installing and configuring MySQL and PHP internally on my Macintosh so that I can go through the tutorials in the book "Build Your Own Database Driven website using PHP & MySQL." I am on the step where I have to change my root password. I'm pretty sure that I've done everything up to this point correctly. I just keep getting the same error message when I try to connect to my MySQL database using this command: mysql -u root mysql Upon pressing enter, I get the following error message: -bash: mysql: command not found Please excuse my igonrance if this is an obvious question, but I am pretty clueless about all of this stuff. I've never even used the application Terminal before, so I am a total rookie.
Select rows from a database   (104 Views)
fellow SitePointers, I am curious as to how I would do a query to select a row from my database table if the id exists in an array I might need to select one row, or 100 rows, depending on how many values are in the array.
How to design database   (107 Views)
hello , I want to build a database for menu driven. like file --new --- html --- php --open --- html --- php --save edit --cut --copy --paste and like that. So,please help me how to start with designing the database as it can have n no. of levels.
Best way to populate a database by hand?   (103 Views)
Basically, I'm moving years worth of usenet txt files (from my domain, all my content) into a database, populating Title, Author, and Content fields. What's the best way to move these txt files into a database I imagine I'll be doing it by hand because you can't automate the Title and Author generation and I don't mind spending a little time "fixing up" the content body so it's all consistent, or adding tags. Also I'll be adding to the database a few times a week so I don't need to automate 100's of txt file -> database transfers. So can anyone give me a suggestion Right now I'm just making a simple form insertion page, but was wondering if there was anything more robust than doing it the archaic way.
Migrate MS SQL database to new server   (180 Views)
I've got a small (6 tables,
database design conondrum   (106 Views)
I'm trying to design a database for a client, and I've hit a bit of a tough spot. The database will be recording results for surveys, of which there are 3 different surveys based on the sub-type of user that the user is. So I have a users table table users ( id int primary key auto_increment, name varchar(200), type char(1), and so on ); There are also (currently) 3 survey tables, one for each type of survey as they have very very different types of information on them. So my question is how would I go about storing these survey results in such a way as it is easy to search them up later. Hopefully without multiple queries Any insight at all would be really helpful.
Need Help(database backup)   (123 Views)
, May I ask on how will you back up a database via cron jobs in an hourly basis
Separate database???   (111 Views)
I have a site on which i am using two tables> one for say articles and another for stories. There is no link between the two tables AT ALL and they are independent of each other. Also the tuples (rows) in both story and articles table varies. Now my question is should i keep both stories and articles in the same database or should i make separate db for each of them. eg db_stories and db_articles having stories and articles respectively Does it make any difference if i use different db for each Also once the above thing is finalized I would like to have a common search; which will extract data from the articles and stories both stored in the db for a input by user. Is it possible If yes please explain/elaborate and give some examples to how to implement a common search Please give your comments/suggestions keeping the site security, easiness to work in mind andn any other parameter which is important
Having trouble importing databases. vbulletin   (142 Views)
The sql file is too big for phpmyadmin, and they suggest ssh, but im not so good with it, and i have tried every combination of command I have found when researching on google. I then came across a script called "bigdump". I have all tyhe settings correct in the bigdump.php but I keep getting this error: Database connection failed due to Access denied for user 'USERNAME'@'cgihost' (using password: YES) they ask to change these settings which i have the correct DB username and pass. The server isnt "localhost" with my new hosting company. (netfirms) $db_server = 'MYSQLHOST'; $db_name = 'NAME'; $db_username = 'NAME'; $db_password = 'XXXXX'; I have tried changing permissions and following all directions from bigdump. could someone please help me
which database to implement for my site ?   (121 Views)
hello I'm in the proces of creating a new website that in potention could become huge and could attrack many tousands of visitors who will register themself. The database will become very simple, only fields: Name, Email address, Password, country and some similar fields containing numbers only which all should be inserted through the website. I like to hear opinions about which database i should use for this website because my knowledge about databases is very slim. 1. Access -> I have experience with using Access with websites so i could build this myself but i heared this database type is more suitable for smaller number of records etc. Also i have experience that Access regular give errors because multiple users are accessing the Access database at the same time And how about speed with an access DB has for example 500.000 records 2. SQL -> What i understand more suitable for larger databases, no problems with users accessing the database at the same time Problem with implementing SQL is that i have no knowledge how to build this If SQL is the most suitable option i will consider to hire someone to build it for me. How is the speed with SQL databse when reaching lots of records 3. Other databases Hope to hear some suggestion from you ! Kind regards Database Newbie
right design for database   (65 Views)
hi i attached my database in jpg picture if any body please can look at it and till me if it is normalized properly this is my first database i ever done, the data base is going to be used for a web site that will allow you to list your home for sale ,how ever the listing will be for free, donation will be accepted that's why there is product table your comment will be appreciated please not that the attached database will be implemented in mysql , i would like to say
Add a user to a database   (71 Views)
, I would like to add a user to a database. A very simple thing you would think, but I can't get it to work. This is what I have: GRANT ALL ON database_name.* TO 'user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'my password'; flush Privileges; But for some reason this doesn't work. The user already exists, so could that be the reason I just want to give it permissions to this new database i've created now.
Merge Two MySql databases   (137 Views)
, I have two databases on my website lebphoto.com with the same tables. One with a 1665 members and the other with 33 members, I want to merge them together. is there a way other than typing each records by myself or ask the members to register again Thank you
synchronizing MS SQL databases   (258 Views)
Hi , i have a live MS SQL server with a database in it which stores the required information, i have a another server with same database structure and content. Is there in way can make both the databases to synchronize. Live time will be great and time based will be ok. help appreciated. Thanx
backing up a database?   (125 Views)
Just to see if it would work, I exported my database using phpmyadmin (as a SQL file), then I dropped the database. I also use a ulility (MYSQLautobackup) to do the same thing, only it emails me a gzip file. Now, when I try to import the emailed file, I get this (screenshot #1) But if I import the .sql file instead I get this (screenshot #2) and everything works. Am I doing something wrong
deleting data from database using checkbox   (120 Views)
hi , i have to delete data from database using checkbox.but there is one problem when i check any checkbox all checkboxes are automatically checked.but following codes are not execute.please help me. PHP Code: if($c[$j]==on) { echo""; echo""; //echo$row1[$i]; $d="deletefromfeedbackwheref_id='$a[$j]'"; mysqli_query($con1,$d); } here is my full code PHP Code:
MySQL city database?   (172 Views)
I need a MySQL worldwide city database. Anyone know where to find a similar sql dump
Character set issues in database   (124 Views)
I'm quite new to MySQL and have been thrown in at the deep-end to produce a website for my employers (http://www.octane-magazine.com). It uses a MySQL database to store news stories, cars for sale, events etc. I'm about to migrate to a dedicated server with root access. The problem is that the data that I've transfered over from the old server doesn't seem to display correctly on the new server (with question marks for characters like quotes and pound signs etc). This will almost certainly be a character set issue - but the problem is how to get around it The html on the old server is flagged as ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) If anyone could take a look at both of them: the old server webpage is http://www.octane-magazine.com the new server webpage is http://octane.fqdn.net If anyone can enlighten me it would be gratefully appreciated! -- Rob Gould Art Editor Octane Magazine
how to restore database   (156 Views)
I think i will have to da a full resortation of a database. lets assume old database is deleted. So I go to my hosting control panel and create a new mysql database Use same username and password as used in original open phpmyadmin and do to the new database and select import-then import the file that I have as a backup--i have a file that I exported as a text file-a full databse export. it is about 4 mb so I hope can do it at one time Is that basically how I can do it