SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

[GET]Automating GUI Testing for Android Applications

In this article we present an approach for automating the testing process for Android applications, with a focus on GUI bugs. We first conduct a bug mining study to understand the nature and frequency of bugs affecting Android applications; our study finds that GUI bugs are quite numerous. Next, we present techniques for detecting GUI bugs by automatic generation of test cases, feeding the application random events, instrumenting the VM, producing log/trace les and analyzing them post-run. We show how these techniques helped to re-discover existing bugs and nd new bugs, and how they could be used to prevent certain bug categories. We believe our study and techniques have the potential to help developers increase the quality of Android applications.
Code: http://www.mediafire.com/8w3b1rurcans9c8 Enjoy

Posted On: Monday 1st of October 2012 05:20:47 AM Total Views:  130
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Is it generally more productive / cost efficient to implement unit testing or   (258 Views)
Is it generally more productive / cost efficient to implement unit testing or to automate GUI testing Why
Hi guys, I have 3 years of experience in manual testing and...   (219 Views)
Hi , I have 3 years of experience in manual testing & i want to learn automation testing, please suggest which automation tool has good scope & where can i find a proper training for this
any suggestions for automated testing tool for HTML Web Pages?   (190 Views)
open and commercial source
Is there any good software to automate MFC/JAVA gui related Testcases?   (157 Views)
also looking solution for windows 2k8 installation on baremetal physical machines which is connected to avocent/raritran device.
Hi everyone,,, "How do we know we can finish testing in given time ?"   (188 Views)
share your experiences.....
Hi, guys.Is there some free test automation framework exist for testing the...   (188 Views)
.Is there some free test automation framework exist for testing the software based on the C/S architecture We need to test on the client side.
Selenium VS QTP i have been doing manual testing for more than 1 year for web...   (237 Views)
Selenium VS QTP.. i have been doing manual testing for more than 1 year for web application. i want to increase my Automation skills. which is one is better to learn...
I have to test live asp.net website (live project) which free automated testing...   (215 Views)
I have to test live asp.net website (live project), which free automated testing tool should I used for black box testing of this project
Do you have recommendations for a freeware automation testing tool on Windows   (233 Views)
Do you have recommendations for a freeware automation testing tool on Windows desktop application
Which is the best automation tool for testing Dot Net application?   (220 Views)
Which is the best automation tool for testing Dot Net application
Automated testing tools for mobile applications   (134 Views)
I am currently working with a client-server app which works, among other places, on mobile phones. The team with whom I work has used TestQuest's Countdown, which has received much praise from other shops, but which does not interact very well with our app. This tool was inherited from previous team members, and I hold the main test automation engineer in high regard, but it just doesn't seem to work well with our application. Does anyone have experience with testing of mobile apps in an automation fashion, and would like to share their expertise We have been trying many tools, and most of them seem to be bitmap-recognition based, which tends to be fragile with our app. The platform in question is TotalCross on Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Palm, and Apple iPhone/iPod touch. I'm not looking for something that will necessarily work with all of these platforms, but I'd love to know if people have had particular success with a tool on any of these platforms.
Hello, I am currenlty looking for a tool to automate regression testing on QML app   (155 Views)
, I am currenlty looking for a tool to automate regression testing on QML application. Does someone have some suggestion My focus is only on QML applications.
Need ideas on automation of Flat panel Display testing (firmware)   (235 Views)
Need ideas on automation of Flat panel Display testing (firmware) - various inputs to a Display being validated for color, aspect ratio, jitter, noise, distortion, shift, missing color, etc. Currently the testing involves use of a Video signal generator and manual visual verification of various signal formats (DVI, SDI, VGA, YPbPr, SOG, Composite, etc.) on the Display. The product is a Medical Display Monitor.
Anyone knows about UI manual or automated testing?   (192 Views)
Black or white box experience.Write test scripts or test cases.. Please message me. THANKS
Hi All, I'm junior test engineer, testing sharepoint based web applications manually.   (280 Views)
Can u suggest me how to improve my skills to automate test cases
I do lots of manual testing. what would be a good automated testing tool for ...   (261 Views)
I do lots of manual testing. what would be a good automated testing tool for android phones any feedback is highly appreciated.
We are looking for a tool to do automated testing of a complex Silverlight 4 app   (188 Views)
We are looking for a tool to do automated testing of a complex Silverlight 4 application.
How many of us still believe testing is an activity performed to catch the bugs and .   (156 Views)
How many of us still believe testing is an activity performed to catch the bugs and deliver a quality product over no.of tests automated and no.of cycles run before the release
Do people with only ''Manual testing'' skills have to worry?   (241 Views)
Should lack of ''Automation skills'' be worrying - looking at the jobs in the market now a days with a must automation experience Please share your thoughts.
Automoate Data warehouse testing   (216 Views)
How to automate testing data warehouse applications Are there any tools available