SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Stop words or not??.

I have a site at The Business Web Pages , my problem is, people can find it in most of the search engines using search term-->
thebusinesswebpages, and that brings up the site, but if I use --> the business web pages

Posted On: Tuesday 16th of October 2012 05:17:38 AM Total Views:  307
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

SEO & Meta tag keywords?   (92 Views)
Am helping improve SEO on a site and am wondering what influence the meta tag keywords have For this particular site their are a lot of keywords...is more really more or would they be better (in general) to have less but more specific keywords
2 index pages that target different keywords - spam   (173 Views)
, Is it considered spam to have two web-sites that sell the exact same product (same description, price, pictures, etc) with different index pages that target a different set of key words The two sites are exactly the same but index page and logo. My competition is doing this. If this is wrong can someone point me to the rules/regulation where it states this is wrong.
Keywords Strategy - Started with short keywords first or long tail niche keywords   (92 Views)
Hi SEO Expert. I have a question about keywords strategy optimization. For a brand new website SEO project, you will usually start the off site optimization with short competitive keywords first or long tail niche keywords Especially the anchor text link methodology. For instance, if I want to target the following keywords.food storewestern food store24 hours western food store24 hours western food store in UK , But I though even you understand your industry, you need to set a few targeted keywords even when you write a blog post Because if the client asked to do the SEO, we need to focus on some keywords to show is it improving or moving
Unwanted keywords   (134 Views)
due to the nature of my site, i see i have keywords high on the list in webmaster tools that i dont want, but unfortanutley are used a lot within the content of my site. Is there a way to specify ignore certain words to a search engine or would i have to redesign site to not use those words, would be difficult
Alt Image Tags, SEO, and Non Relevant Keywords   (47 Views)
, I have a couple important questions about alt image tags I want to ask. 1) How relevant to search engine ranking are alt image tags In other words, will it make a big difference if my keywords are found in my alt image tags Or is it pretty much just insignificant at this point. 2) Don't call it keyword stuffing, because it isn't excessive, but assume I sprinkle my web page targeted keywords into all of my images on each page, even though most of the images have absolutely nothing to do with the keyword. For example, on a self help web page, on the home page there is a picture of a road, and I set the alt image text to self help highway to success. Although it is somewhat relevant in most cases, why don't I just put the keyword into EVERY single image regardless of how relevant it is. Even if I have a navigation arrow I could say "self help navigation left" and "self help navigation right." Of course, I could maybe be even more tricky and only do this on 50 percent of images. My point is, how can google tell if it is relevant or not because they can't parse the image. However, they can check if the keywords are relevant to the page, which they will be, they just can't verify that the keywords are relevant to the image itself The solution if I was writing a search engine to alleviate this problem would just be to give little to no weight to alt image tags for SEO purposes.
What is keywords ranking factor?????   (95 Views)
Hi all, please guide me how can i improve keywords ranking in search engine
HOW to Analyses competitors key words   (118 Views)
can any body help ! how i can analyse the competitors keywords any tool yar help karo bot mushkil ma hn.
How do i find links by key words for a site?   (93 Views)
Does anyone know how i can find, using google or yahoo link to a site that contain the anchor text of 'blahblah' for example: if i wanted to find all links to www . bbc .co.uk that contained the anchor text of 'news report' i know i can get all the links that point to the bbc using 'link:www. bbc.co .uk but can i see the ones with a set anchor text in anyway
Multiple keywords, same domain names?   (92 Views)
Hi peeps, been really busy ranking my gaming site and have a few questions which i cannot find on the web, was hoping you kind people can solve this for me. I own several domains names which have the exact same name except they are .org. .net. .co.uk, .info and the like as well as the .com Would this be considered blackhat, at present all these domains point to the.com and basically are 301 redirects, not sure if that is legal as it simply redirects them to the .com Second question, could i target different keywords on each domain redirecting them to the .com, for example: Can i target the keyword buy games say for the .co.uk and for the .net and .info say target different keywords. Throw backlinks at the redirects to rank for these keywords which redirects to the .com In a nutshell I am targeting various top keywords on each domain which redirects all the traffic from those keywords back to the .com via redirect 301, would that be legal in google eyes
Using competitor's company name in keywords   (95 Views)
I've found that a competitor is using other companies' names in the meta keywords. Is this enough to get this company delisted or knocked down in the PageRank
how long to keep pushing keywords   (98 Views)
Hi , Does anyone know how long you need to keep pushing keywords to maintain ranking before moving onto the next lot of keywords
Info needed regarding meta description and meta keywords   (161 Views)
Well, in many directory submissions and in other SEO promotion methods, we need to enter Meta description and Meta keywords in addition to description and keywords, are they same for a site
Where I should use the most popular keywords   (112 Views)
Where I should use the most popular keywords on my website topic - title - - content - , tags for img -
What is the limit of characters or words for META description & keywords?   (161 Views)
I want to add meta description & keywords in a website. But I don't know exactly what is the limit for it for META keywords & description - how many words or characters
When using many keywords for one page   (93 Views)
When you use many keywords for one page and some are of low competition and some are of high competition and you can only put some of them in the title tags, h1 tags, etc which ones should go into the tags. The ones of low competition are low enough that I may be able to rank high for them with no linking at all just with on-page optimization alone. So in this case am I better off putting the low comp ones in the tags and doing extra linking for the high comp ones or putting the high comp ones in the tags since they may need the extra boost and just doing a little bit of linking for the low comp ones. I hope that was understandable.
Changing a 2 year old domain to one with more keywords in it. Worthwhile?   (115 Views)
Hi , I'm brand new to the forums and this is my first post. I apologize if this is something that has already been covered in detail - I've done several searches and didn't find an answer. I currently have a domain name that is basically "companyname.com". My industry has basically two or three keywords that people tend to search for, so in conjunction with the SEO related site redesign we're currently doing, we were considering switching our domain to "companynamekeyword1keyword2keyword3.com" and just doing 301s from our original URL to the new one. My question is: Is this worth doing or am I better off just sticking with our original URL
Key words - how many, brand-named, 1 for each product or page?   (162 Views)
I have a question to which I've heard numerous contradictory answers re. KEY WORDS. If my site has 20 pages and there are 20 to 30 individual products on each page - what are my key words going to look like Do I need explicit KW's such as MARTIN BRONZE ACOUSTIC GUITAR STRINGS -- or acoustic guitar strings And, do I need a KW for every product on every page - so that the source code reads 20 or 30 keywords long or more when you add in the generic [non Brand name] KW's You are welcomed to take a look at my site and any of the source code on any of my pages. Very grateful ... lgc252 -- US Strings.com Ps. We are right in the middle of changing homepage products and copy as we speak. One other question - what is he importance of a site map
How to Rank My Website in Google Top Ten Result On Some Keywords?   (58 Views)
Read this very carefully : http://forums.seochat.com/search-engine-optimization-28/on-page-optimisation----an-introductory-guide-216119.html
Page 4 - What are the differences between meta "description" and meta "Keywords"   (69 Views)
Fathom you raise some excellent points. I think that what some of the posters that use metas fail to understand is that google picks relevant snippets from the page to queries. I think that if you pages are well written you may see a benefit from removing metas. You have convinced me to a degree. I have removed metas on some of my landing pages and are monitoring results.
Somebody help me with my meta keywords...   (89 Views)
just kidding. i finally ranked top 10 (front page) for a term that results 14,000,000 results THANK YOU SEO CHAT!