SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

why can't insert data into mysql database?

b4 i install mysql5, when i run in mysql4, it's ok. but after i install mysql5 store it in /mysql5 folder but not /mysql, i cannot insert record but can get record from the tables. i just wonder why

Posted On: Wednesday 21st of November 2012 02:53:36 AM Total Views:  459
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

way cant i use "rownum" as the normal sencr advice   (205 Views)
i have got 10 tables that i had to populate by insert as select from the same table using a DB LINK: all tables where huge (the largest wat 2.6 GIGA) and the insert failed on UNABLE TO EXTEND ROLLBACK SEG .... i whanted to use rownum splite every inserting into smaller ones so after every one of the il do commit... (i didnt want to use the colums name in order to write somthing general for future use) when i tryed to use rownum beteen 1000000 and 2000000 now rows was selected (although the tabkes got 6000000 rows in it) way that happen what can i use in order to write an inseret as select command that will commit every fow rows
cant start enterprice manager   (248 Views)
i canot have to start enterprice manager error is specified below...please help me( software:Oracle 10g ...platform:ReHat EL-5) TZ set to Africa/Khartoum Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control Release 10.2.0.1.0 Copyright (c) 1996, 2005 Oracle Corporation. rights reserved. http://localhost.localdomain:1158/em...outApplication Timezone mismatch: The agentTZRegion value (Africa/Khartoum) in /u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/localhost.localdomain_cargo/sysman/config/emd.properties does not match the current environment TZ setting(Africa/Khartoum). The dbconsole cannot run with this mismatch. If Africa/Khartoum is the correct timezone, set your timezone environment variable to Africa/Khartoum and repeat the 'emctl start dbconsole' operation. If Africa/Khartoum is not the correct timezone, make sure that the timezone in your environment is correct, and then run the following command in your local Oracle Home: 'emctl resetTZ agent' The output of this command will include detailed instructions to follow, to correct the mismatch.
restore from production to development but oracle cant start?   (308 Views)
we once did a backup/restore from a production to development. after the restoration, we did a sqlplus but could not start. we checked the environment variables by issuing env later, we had to do the linking for 1) libok.a 2) libclntsh.so before sqlplus can be started up. not sure of what we had done.... any advise
Block Corruption, cant start DB -SOS   (261 Views)
, This is what I get in alert log when trying to start DB. If anyone had similar problem before and have any idea how to startup the db anyway please help!
urgent ...cant get SQL/svrmgrl prompt   (356 Views)
I closed the svrmgrl command box in 8i after doing a shutdown but without getting the >svrmgrl prompt back on the screen. When i try to connect back to either SQL through SLP plus or svrmgrl through DOS, the program (SQL plus and svrmgr respectively) starts but i dont get the prompts. Is there a service that is still running that needs to be shut down( the shutdown was not complete, i suspect) .Oracle.exe is running...do i need to stop it first
way cant i use "rownum" as the normal sencr advice   (225 Views)
i have got 10 tables that i had to populate by insert as select from the same table using a DB LINK: all tables where huge (the largest wat 2.6 GIGA) and the insert failed on UNABLE TO EXTEND ROLLBACK SEG .... i whanted to use rownum splite every inserting into smaller ones so after every one of the il do commit... (i didnt want to use the colums name in order to write somthing general for future use) when i tryed to use rownum beteen 1000000 and 2000000 now rows was selected (although the tabkes got 6000000 rows in it) way that happen what can i use in order to write an inseret as select command that will commit every fow rows
cant find the error with MySQL   (443 Views)
This is my code: stringconnectionString=@"server=max-5.com.my;userid=user;password=123456;database=myDatabase"; MySqlConnectionconn=newMySqlConnection(connectionString); MySqlCommandcmd=conn.CreateCommand(); cmd.Parameters.Add("title",MySqlDbType.VarChar); cmd.Parameters["title"].Value=this.txtTitle.Text; cmd.Parameters.Add("desc",MySqlDbType.VarChar); cmd.Parameters["desc"].Value=Server.HtmlEncode(this.txtDesc.Text); cmd.CommandText="INSERTINTOapplication(title,desc)VALUES(@title,@desc)"; conn.Open(); intnumberOfRows=cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); conn.Close(); Response.Redirect("Page2.aspx"); Error msg: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc) VALUES('223', 'hhh')' at line 1 If i erase 'desc' from the query, then it code is functioning. so i believe there is nothing wrong with the code/query. this is how i designed the front-end and MySQL txtTitle is a Textbox with Single line, txtDesc is a Textbox with Multiline i put title as VARCHAR(45) and desc as VARCHAR(1000),
Please help me resolve this problem..ASAP! !! I cant connect with oracle.   (352 Views)
This is the error. Can anyone help me to solve this problem a.s.a.p because i have to complete my project by tomorow but i still having this problem..please..please..!!! Server Error in '/WebApplication2' Application. No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154). Source Error: Line36: DimdataAdapterAsNewOleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(commandString,con) Line37: DimdsAsNewDataSet Line38: dataAdapter.Fill(ds,"cuba") Line39: DataGrid1.DataSource=ds Line40: DataGrid1.DataBind() Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication2\WebForm1.aspx.vb Line: 38 Stack Trace: [OleDbException (0x80040154): No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).] [InvalidOperationException: The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.] System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProviderError(Int32 hr) +83 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProvider(OleDbConnectionString constr) +107 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +203 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState) +44 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36 WebApplication2.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication2\WebForm1.aspx.vb:38 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750 Version Information:Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032
user sysadmin with dba role cant create procedures   (276 Views)
, if you assign user DBA role "grant dba to sysadmin" then cant that user create stored procedures I had to to grant create_procedure to user sysadmin in order for user to create procedure else i get an error : create or replace procedure ins_pr_text_data( * ERROR at line 1: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges create or replace procedure ins_pr_text_data( nID IN NUMBER, nPRID IN NUMBER, nPRElementId IN NUMBER) AS BEGIN INSERT INTO PR_text_data (id, pr_id, additional_id, text, date_updated) values (Id, nPRId, nPRElementId, empty_clob(), sysdate); commit; end;
Security Issue.. cant connect to Oracle   (274 Views)
Hi I have recently deployed a 3-tier **proprietary** application that: - has a thick-client installed on a Windows Vista client machine - Oracle 10g Enterprise edition version 10.2.0.1.0 installed on a server running Red Hat enterprise Linux. This is a very cut-down version of Linux, only accessible through SSH (or by directly plugging in a keyboard+monitor into the linux box). It does not have any GUI/windowing mechanism installed on it at all (so for example there is no 'xclock' installed in this linux). Also the oracle server software installed here does NOT have Oracle Enterprise Manager installed. I have complete access to the server and can log in as sysdba via SSH. Problem: I want to use a graphical tool like Oracle Ent. Manager to look 'inside' the DB. Attempts so far: Looking around inside the installation on vista client machine I discovered a folder: "\3rdParty\Oracle10g" which contained files: - tnsnames.ora - sqlnet.ora - sqlplus.exe When I ran this sqlplus.exe on a CMD prompt it said: >Error 6 Initialising Sql*Plus >Message file sp1.msb not found >SP2-You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to yourr oracle software directory So I decided to install Oracle 10g Client (10.2.0.1.0) on the Vista client machine, *hoping* that I will then be able to use OEM on this vista machine and connect to the oracle running on the linux box. On the vista box I also did:set ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1 Now I ran the sqlplus.exe (on the vista box) again and it came up with a login prompt. Problem is I dont have a login/password; what I plan to do is to create a user by logging in as sysdba on the server, and grant all access to him, and then log into Oracle Ent Manager as this user from the windows machine. However, here is another problem: if I do 'tnsping ' it says: TNS-12541: TNS:no listener I suspect this is because of some security setting in this application OOTB. The entry in tnsnames.ora setting is correct, as it was done by the client install program (not manually). It contains: PROTOCOL=TCPS, and PORT=2484. There is also a 'wallet' folder on the client machine under 'Oracle10g' folder. Finally the sqlnet.ora on client machine contains: ---------------------------------------------------------- SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) SSL_VERSION=0 NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT) SSL_SERVER_DN_MATCH = FALSE SSL_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION = TRUE WALLET_LOCATION= (SOURCE= (METHOD=FILE) (METHOD_DATA = (DIRECTORY= C:\\Oracle10g\wallet) ) ) SSL_CIPHER_SUITES=(SSL_RSA_EXPORT_WITH_RC4_40MD5) ---------------------------------------------------------- I would like to do is to be able to connect to the oracle server with tools I am familiar with (like OEM, TOAD etc.). This stuff is quite outside of my understanding, so if you can provide any insight it'll be much appreciated.
restore from production to development but oracle cant start?   (312 Views)
we once did a backup/restore from a production to development. after the restoration, we did a sqlplus but could not start. we checked the environment variables by issuing env later, we had to do the linking for 1) libok.a 2) libclntsh.so before sqlplus can be started up. not sure of what we had done.... any advise
Why cant I connect to a remote MySQL server?   (283 Views)
Im trying to connect to a remote MySQL server. When I am developeing the website from our own computers, we connect to the server with no problem. We uploaded the website to a server that is on a different hosting company than where the MySQL server is located. The ASP.NET app has to be able to connect to the remote MySQL database. Like I said, it connects to the remote database from our computers in our offices but when we try to connect to it from the new servers (the hosting company's servers) it give us an error. The error is: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user: 'ODBC@NS.hostingcreations.com' (Using password: YES) ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user: 'ODBC@NS.hostingcreations.com' (Using password: YES) We tried to grant the MySQL database permissions out the wazoo. What are we doing wrong
why cant i make changes on one of my table in my sqldatabase?   (323 Views)
im currently trying to learn asp.net and decided to make a system for the company just to practice what i have learned so far and to see what other things i need to learn right now i come accross a little problem about the database im developing on my laptop and i use windows 7, microsoft visual studio 2008 with builtin sql server 2005 express the server of the company is running on windows server 2008 with microsoft visual studio 2008 and sql server 2008 after i have made a few working modules i then transfered them to the server and is now being used my problem is im still developing some modules and sometimes making changes on previous module and also the database design i have a field in one of my table which was nvarchar before and now i want it to be ntext on my laptop there was no problem, but since the database on the server have already records in it i cant just replace it with the database on my laptop. right so the answer i got from one of the forums is i should manualy make changes on the database on the server. so i went to the server opened the table that needs editing changed the datatype of the field i need to change to xtext PROBLEM: but after doing so i cant save the changes i made.. it returns message below Saving changes is not permitted. The changes you have made require the following tables to be dropped and re-created. You have either made changes to a table that can't be re-created or enabled the option Prevent saving changes that require the table to be re-created. i think its some feature of sql server 2008 hope you can help me with it... also if there are any tips you can give me about ongoing system developments i really appreciate it right now what im doing is 1. i edit the modules and database as how i need it to be 2. copy the .aspx and .cs that i have made changes to the server 3. change the data source of the sqldatasource of the modules transfered mostly just the server name is replaced 4. manually edit the database design of the server and match it with the database on my laptop if theres something wrong with it please tell and whats better or right way to do it
ODT installtion..cant find InstallAllOracleASPNETProviders.sql   (271 Views)
hi.. i installedODAC with ODT for my oracle database R2and i want to use oracle provider forASP.net in my asp.net project. i cant find {ODTHome}/ASP.NET/SQL/InstallOracleASPNETProviders.sql .. ASP.net folder does not exist in my ODTHome i do not know why ! any problem with my installtion
Problem inserting using SqlDataSource   (119 Views)
Ok I'm trying to update an entry using a GridView but I get an ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number error. Here's the code Where am I going wrong
How can I insert a date format data into oracle ?   (207 Views)
, I tried to use string or datetime to insert to oracle. But they all failed. What can I do
Zero ( 0 ) missing during insert and retrieval   (265 Views)
I have aphone number column in the database. the phone number should start with a zero. Eg. 0380678913 However, when the data is inserted into the database, the zero in front isn't saved. During retrieval, the same thing happen although the phone number being retrieved has a zero in front. I set the column type to be INTEGER; I'm using mysql Any suggestions
getting the insert id   (142 Views)
Hi Can anyone tell me, after an INSERT, how do I get the row's id In mssql it is select @@identity or similar and in php there is a function call to get it. what is it in .NET Also, does this work with REPLACE as well as INSERT
Can not insert data in MySql DataBase   (150 Views)
I connect MySql database with MySql Connector Net 1.0.4 , I could connect MySql Database and can get data from the database But I can't insert data into MySql Database How to use Parameter in MySqlCommand please help me !!!
Oracle Error ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column   (192 Views)
Hi My C# code: try { testConn.Open(); OracleCommand cmd1 = new OracleCommand("insert into clobtest(:clob,id) values(:clob,'5')",testConn); OracleParameter op = cmd1.Parameters.Add("clob",OracleType.Clob); op.Value = clob;// clob is more than 4000 characters text. cmd1.ExecuteNonQuery(); } catch(Exception ex) { MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString()); } Oracle Error ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column