SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

web application from DB

This is sethu murugan from chennai.

Iam working for a Finance Company in chennai.

Iam in a situation to develope an web based applciation [ should be running on a browser ] for my MD.

The situation is, we have oracle 8i database. We have developed an applciation and it is smoothly running.

Now My md wants to see some critcal reports from his laptap which is not connected to the office network.

He does not want to me to load any apllication in his sytem. So i have to use the browser for this.

I have seen in some places that ppl r using broser for data view etc.

Now I dont know any idea how to acheive it and where to start and wht to use.

Can any one of u help me in this regard.

1. Wht to use
2. where to start
3. wht all i need
4. With orale 8i database itself can i acheive this.
5. I was searching thru the ineternet
6. I found some thing called webdb.
7. We have that media [ the pack was n't opend for past 3 yrs ]
8. Can i use that to acheive wht i want

If any one is around chennai and willing me to help on this, pls buzz me on my mobile 31109842 if u cant reach me pls leave voice mail and i will keep i touch with u..

or u can reach me on my email sethumurugan@yahoo.com

Thank u all..

Sethu

Posted On: Monday 12th of November 2012 01:11:27 AM Total Views:  318
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

how to access remote oracle 9i server from an asp.net application with vb as backend code   (231 Views)
hi, I am trying to run an asp.net application with vb as my back-end language in my web server which has got oracle 9i client installed on it. but i don't know how to access the remote oracle server which is on another m/c.actually am new to developing asp.net development. please help me out with suitable code.
Call Ref Cursors in Data access application block   (123 Views)
I have one procedure in Oracle which is returning the REF Cursor I am accessing it by using the Data access application block DAAB like the following: OracleParameter param = new OracleParameter(); param.ParameterName = "Emp_Cursor"; param.OracleType = OracleType.Cursor;param.Direction = ParameterDirection.Output; param.Size = 3000; Database db = DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase("DBConnection"); //DbCommand cmd = db.GetSqlStringCommand("Select * from emp"); DbCommand cmd = db.GetStoredProcCommand("emppackage.select_employee"); db.AddOutParameter(cmd, param.ParameterName, param.DbType, param.Size); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds = db.ExecuteDataSet(cmd); GridView1.DataSource = ds; GridView1.DataBind(); But iam getting this error: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'SELECT_EMPLOYEE' ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored How to call Ref Cursors in DAAB.
Call Oracle Function from Data Access application Blocks   (90 Views)
By using Data Access Application Block, I am getting cursors from the Oracle stored procedure. Now How to call the Function which is returning the Cursor from Data Access Application Block. The AddInParameter doen't have the Parameter Direction as parameter and AddParameter has one parameter to specify the parameter directionone to specify the Datatypebut itis allowing only to specify DBType data type (DBType doesn't have the Cursor datatype). How to call the function from DAAB.
ODP.NET provider for ASP.NET 2 applications   (199 Views)
Hi I work on Oracle9ias my database. Been working with .NET1.1, but I am now updating to Version2.0. I wonder if anyone can advise me whichODP.NET provider is best for Version 2.0. I want to make sure that Im able to use all new data controls with .NET 2. Should I continue using ODP.NET9.2 OR shall I download the latest ODP.NET Providers from the Oracle website I also see that thereis no OracleDataSource in the Toolbox, we only have SQLDataSource control.
Can not connect oracle db from vb dot net application in 64 bit windows 7   (142 Views)
My dot net windows application (visual studio 2008, vb.net) is running fine on 32 bit windows XP. But in 64 bit windows 7 it can not connect the oracle 10g database. The application was originally on vb6. It was converted into vb.net. I am using the following connection string. StrConn = "Provider=MSDAORA.1; Data Source=ABC;User Id=XYZ;Password=XYZ123;"
ASP.net database application gives error: Microsoft JScript runtime error: Invalid calling object.   (193 Views)
I am using Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010. I created a sample application using SQL server database. http://www.youtube.com/watchv=8NLqz3CD9kY When I run I get an error:Microsoft JScript runtime error: Invalid calling object. and buttons: Break, Ignore, Continue. Does anyone know how to fix this, to remove this error.
DB2 connection from DotNet web application   (178 Views)
I'm working on a dotnet web application that connects to db2 database, currently we are using odbc driver, via odbc gateway server to fetch the data from db2, but it has so much problems. what is the best connection from dotnet to db2 Is it recommended to connect directly to db2 server, or , it is better to go through some gateway server, and what could be that server the db2 server version: db2 8.1 for zos Your answers would be great help Thank you,
Oracle vs Sqlserver for Asp.Net application   (129 Views)
Hi all, i know this has been already discussed like anything and most of the votes is goes to ORACLE, but i came to know somewhere that Microsoft claims if you are using any Microsoft product then performance will be much better with another Microsoft product like .Net with SqlServer, i want to know the performance of ORACLE and SQL SERVER from ASP.Net point of view not standalone, can anyone please give some strong point from both side..
How to save in Hindi in a MVC application using database   (189 Views)
I have a MVC application and using the entity framework model for MYSQL database. I what to save hindi text in database. When I using the hindi text then it is showing in database. I am using ckeditor to enter the text How can I save the hindi text.I have also changed the collation to utf-8.
Mysql Vs Access C# application   (100 Views)
I know Access is better, user friendly in data transfer, link with sql-server and interportability. My question when we are doing data access from MYSQL orACCESS database which one is faster. I mean if I am loading webpage using C# code , which database will perform better in faster loading the page. help.
asp.net web application and SAP   (220 Views)
, I have my first client(an automotive supplier) who is asking me if I haveBuilt in adaptor to allowmy web applicationto integrated with systems like SAP, EPIC, MFG PRO. I do not need to write into their system, I only need to read the data to create reports with my asp.net web application. Is it something easily feasible I saw that it exists an SAP .net connector but how easy is it to use in my case
Add new features to current application...   (238 Views)
Currently I have a page that generates dynamically, it basically produces stats for table A, B, C, and D. I have to add a column to table A, C, D that does a certain a function for each (its similar just a little different between the three tables) Table A - total Table C- avg of total Table D- avg of total based of 48 minutes. So far I've built three select statements to calculate the columns for Table A, C, and D. My question is do I add the select statements that I created to the functions that calculate the stats for all of the tables above or do i create a new function to store these select statements. tStatsSQL is currently the variable that calcualtes the column in each table. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Here are the current functions and code: tDataSQL = "SELECT "&_ " season, max(team_id_1032) AS team_id," &_ " DECODE(count(1),1,max(team_abbrev),'Total') AS team_abbrev," &_ " substr(season,3,4)||'-'||substr(season+1,3,4) Years, season AS default_sort," &_ tStatsSQL tStatMultiSQL = "SELECT "&_ " season, team_id_1032 AS team_id, team_abbrev," &_ " DECODE(sequence,1,substr(season,3,4)||'-'||substr(season+1,3,4),' ') Years," &_ " season||sequence AS default_sort," &_ tStatsSQL tTotalSQL = "SELECT "& tStatsSQL ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The following are the variables that I've added to the application(each has a function) Dim tFromPlusMinus_A Dim tFromPlusMinus_C Dim tFromPlusMinus_D Dim tSelectDataPlusminus_A Dim tSelectDataPlusminus_C Dim tSelectDataPlusminus_D Dim tWherePlusMinus_A Dim tWherePlusMinus_C Dim tWherePlusMinus_D Do i just add these to end of the functions above or do i have to create a new function(like tTotalSQLPlusMinus= etc....) Btw everything is located within the same sub procedure.
Excel application in .NET - How to get the Row count   (153 Views)
, Can anyone please tell me how to get the total number of rows in an excel sheet.
Access to Pervasive SQL database from ASP.NET web application   (272 Views)
. Is is possible at all to access Pervasive SQL database from ASP.NET if database and ASP.NET application are not within same box (i.m. IIS with web applicatin running and Pervasive SQL database are on different computers accross the Internet or Intranet) If it is possible, what needs to be done to configure either IIS or Pervasive to allow such access
How to publish my web application with mysql database ?   (182 Views)
Hi all, I published my web site to a local server. The default.aspx page was opening normally. It contained login form. When I enter username and password and click the login button it fires an error page. I guess it has problem accessing database. I need help.
Upgrading Oracle DB 10.1 to 11g With applications in .NET   (122 Views)
I have a question, if somebody can help me with this subject, We havea client thathasdevelopedinsomeapplications.NETrunning onanOracle databaseversion10.1,and wantto knowtheimpactisto makethe upgradetoversion 10.2and/or11g.Theideais togetaguidelineofthingsthatwill not work, orwill have to berevised/modified,etc.
ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into () Error on ASP.NET application.   (311 Views)
using sql loader with asp.net application   (235 Views)
can anybody tell me how to use the sql*loader from asp.net application.
how to solve this error? "SQL1040N The maximum number of applications is already connected to the database. SQLSTATE=57030"   (395 Views)
I'm quite new to .NET and I'm facing this error message now... I have a webpage that displays the results from a db2 database table with datagrid, and so as to keep it "updated", the webpage refreshes. After sometime, it'll tell me this error SQL1040N The maximum number of applications is already connected to the database. SQLSTATE=57030 ..... Line649: DimdbConnAsNewOleDbConnection(ConnectionString)'adoDBConnectionusedinBindGrid Line650: dbConn.Open() In my code, for every 1) Dim adoConnection As ADODB.Connection = getConn() Dim adoConnectionString As String = Space(200) Dim adoCommand As New ADODB.Command or 2) ConnectionString = "Provider=IBMDADB2.1;Data Source=" & Session("DataSource") & ";UID=" & Session("DBuserId") & ";PWD=" & Session("DBuserId")dbConn = New OleDbConnection(ConnectionString) dbConn.Open() Dim dbComm As New OleDbCommand(getCurrListDispSqlStmt(), dbConn) Dim dbread As OleDbDataReader = dbComm.ExecuteReader() There is a "close all" 1) If Not adoCommand.ActiveConnection.State = ADODB.ObjectStateEnum.adStateClosed Then adoCommand.ActiveConnection.Close() End If If Not adoConnection.State = ADODB.ObjectStateEnum.adStateClosed Then adoConnection.Close() End If adoConnection = Nothing or 2) dbread.Close() dbComm.Dispose() dbConn.Close() Can anyone tell me what is wrong or what I have missed out or how i can released this application
connect to remore oracle database from asp.net application   (158 Views)
I have visual stuido.net, oracle client 9.i on my machine. I am just trying to write an asp.net application to access data from remore oracle database. Could somebody direct me to right direction or any sample application regarding same. I would apprciate your help