SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

To which Tablespace the user System be attached to ????

Should the user System be attached to the System table space or is it advisable to attach it to some other.

Please suggest.

Also whats the difference between sys and system.

I know sys is the super user but what is system.

Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 09:18:28 PM Total Views:  333
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

how can I show duplicate records which appear inside 1 table which don't appear in another table   (183 Views)
I would like to find out if there are duplicate records inside a table which only appear once in another table (NOTE: this is different to finding out if the record doesn't appear at all). e.g. tbl1: ID | SURNAME 01 | Smith 02 | Jones 03 | Smith tbl2: ID | SURNAME 248 | Smith 249 | Parker 250 | McCall 251 | Ali 252 | Singh 253 | Jones The SURNAME 'Smith' appears in the first table twice :- I would like a query to tell me if any SURNAME appears in tbl1 more than it does in tbl2 (as they should appear the same amount of times). Here's what i have so far, but this results in showing me both the records in tbl1. SELECT tbl1.SURNAME, tbl2.SURNAME AS NewSurname FROM tbl2 INNER JOIN tbl1 ON tbl2.SURNAME = tbl1.SURNAME results in: SURNAME | NewSurname Smith | Smith Smith | Smith So the result I am looking for is to see ONLY the erroneous record - (in this case only 1 Smith, so I'd like to see only 1 record). NOTE: For ease of understanding I have substituted the field name for 'surname' but it's actually something more unique like a security number which i'm searching for, but the principle is exactly the same - as this could appear twice too.
Procedure Espects Parameter which was not supplied   (214 Views)
I have the following code to fill a dataset Dim cn As New OdbcConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("csSybaseGuille").ConnectionString) Dim da As New OdbcDataAdapter Dim ds As New DataSet Dim var As String cn.Open() With da .SelectCommand = New OdbcCommand("pb_polizas_usuario", cn) .SelectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure .SelectCommand.Parameters.Add(New OdbcParameter("@nro_doc", OdbcType.VarChar, 20, "nro_doc")) .SelectCommand.Parameters("@nro_doc").Direction = ParameterDirection.Input .SelectCommand.Parameters("@nro_doc").Value = nro_doc var = .SelectCommand.Parameters.Count var = .SelectCommand.Parameters("@nro_doc").Value .Fill(ds) .Dispose() End With Dim cn As New OdbcConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("csSybase").ConnectionString) Dim da As New OdbcDataAdapter Dim ds As New DataSet Dim var As String cn.Open() With da .SelectCommand = New OdbcCommand("pb_polizas_usuario", cn) .SelectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure .SelectCommand.Parameters.Add(New OdbcParameter("@nro_doc", OdbcType.VarChar, 20, "nro_doc")) .SelectCommand.Parameters("@nro_doc").Direction = ParameterDirection.Input .SelectCommand.Parameters("@nro_doc").Value = nro_doc var = .SelectCommand.Parameters.Count var = .SelectCommand.Parameters("@nro_doc").Value .Fill(ds) .Dispose() End With I always have this error: Procedure pb_polizas_usuario expects parameter @nro_doc, which was not supplied. It works if a do the following: With da .SelectCommand = New OdbcCommand("pb_polizas_usuario '123456789'", cn) .Fill(ds) .Dispose() End With But I dont want in this way. What can I do.
Alternative to TOP which supports also Oracle?   (195 Views)
Could anyone please tell me how to write below query without using the keyword TOP. because I would need to execute same query in both oracle and SQL Server. Oracle does not support TOP.
Accessing the stored procedure which takes 2-3 hours to complete!   (208 Views)
Hi ! iam accessing oracle stored procedure which takes lot of time to completethrough asp.net . if the session drop between the execution of SP thanSP stops can any one help me in this regard that if session drop between the execution of SP than SP will not stop it will execute in background!
LAST_INSERT_ID() on which Connection?   (178 Views)
Hi Folks, I would like to use the SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()statement i MySQL to get the last auto-incremented id. The documentation says: the most recently generated ID is maintained in the server on a per-connection basis. It is not changed by another client. My Questions is what is considered a connection.... each time my web sever connects to the mysql sever it's considerd a different connection correct I't's a different connection even if it comes from the same web server Even if in Asp.net the connection has the same name i.e (Dim myConnection2 As New MySqlConnection(connectionString2)) Will different instances of the above connection example be considered as different connections by MySQL If different sessions of my web application are all connecting to the MySQL db with the above connection definition each session will be considered as seperate connection by MySQL What I'm concerned about is if somehow my different web sessions use the same connection and therefore it would break the logic of the SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID() and one user would fetch another one's ID...
oracle or sql...which is better????   (170 Views)
dears i have a simple doubt...oracle or sql, which one is more powerful database ...i am beliving oracle software is morebetter than sql ...i used sql2005 only...no any touch with oracle...
which datatype takes actuall value   (165 Views)
in my database i gave a datatype as float so i entered a value as 3.10 but it taking as 3.1 and also i entered as 3.999 but it will taking as 4 how its possible which datatype store the actuall value ex : if i entered as 3.999 means it will as 3.999 only again if i given as 3.10 means it will take as 3.10 only
How to call a SQL function which returns a cursor using c#   (431 Views)
Hi i am new to .net. Can someone please advise how to call a SQL function which returns a cursor using c# i have tried to call using OracleCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure OracleParameter p_case_action_id = new OracleParameter("@p_case_action_id", OracleDbType.Int32); p_case_action_id.Direction = ParameterDirection.Input; p_case_action_id.Value = intSourceID; orlCmd5.Parameters.Add(p_case_action_id); but it's throwing an exception saying invalid arguments or saying the function name is invalid i even tried to call the function using CommandText rather than storedprocedure and the result is same errors Function -------------- FUNCTION get_student_data(studentid IN NUMBER) RETURN case_cursor;
which is better?   (183 Views)
hello I have a big database that queried all the time... i have a little search engine on my web page. the queries really only need 30 columns of the db... there are about another 15-20 columns that hold other information not distinct to queries... Question is: Would it be better for me to create two databases, one with 30 cols and the other with 20 or just leave it how it is... all in one db Thank You Ryan
connect to mysql or sqlserver with a class which has parameters for both   (257 Views)
i have a aplication which need to connect to 2 database (one on mysql and other on sql server) , and i decide to make a class in a dll which will have some parameters to the constructor , from which will depend the type of connection... have anyone of you something like that ......have ideas how to succed with this..... you think that i could or not to finish this... help me. thx a lot
myOleDb & myOdbc. which one is better for asp.net?   (120 Views)
myOledb->olebd.net myOdbc->odbc.net Someone asked me which is the best one(less bug pronne, speed, etc) to use in asp.net
Win 7 64 bit dev machine, Win 2K3 32 bit production box, Oracle 10g which clients do I need to run?   (243 Views)
As the title says I have a Win 7 64 bit dev machine, Win 2K3 32 bit production box and I run against Oracle 10g whichOracleclients do I need to run Do I need to run the Oracle 32 and 64 bit clients And if so what versions
How to Read an open Excel File which is updated Continuosly   (253 Views)
How to Read an open Excel File which is updated Continuosly. I have to read data from an excel file which is updated Continuosly on another server and it remains open all the time. Please suggest me the right way to proceed.
How to call a SQL function which returns a cursor using c#   (137 Views)
Hi i am new to .net. Can someone please advise how to call a SQL function which returns a cursor using c# i have tried to call using OracleCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure OracleParameter p_case_action_id = new OracleParameter("@p_case_action_id", OracleDbType.Int32); p_case_action_id.Direction = ParameterDirection.Input; p_case_action_id.Value = intSourceID; orlCmd5.Parameters.Add(p_case_action_id); but it's throwing an exception saying invalid arguments or saying the function name is invalid i even tried to call the function using CommandText rather than storedprocedure and the result is same errors Function -------------- FUNCTION get_student_data(studentid IN NUMBER) RETURN case_cursor;
which trace should I use?   (116 Views)
Hi all, I have an application running reports against my oracle database. That app is connecting to the database using ODBC data source. I'd like to trace the sql statement used by the reports. How can I do that I've tried to enable the client trace(set trace_level_client=16). It worked but there is no fun to read the trace file (and it's so hard to catch the actual sql statement since there are tooo much other info over there). I also thought about enable user-level DBA tracing. But since that user will have a new SID and serial# each time, I can't do this either. Any idea on what's my other options are TIA...
which is the next rollback segment?   (193 Views)
hi, is there any way to find which rollback segment will be alloted for the next transaction -Raja
which index will be faster ?   (130 Views)
Hi , I have doubt in index. Which index will be faster getting the data Index given separately for empno, location, job OR Composite index like (empno,location,job).
which grant to give   (205 Views)
I got 2 database and i want that the user in database 2 can modify a table of a user in a database 1 ex : Database1 : user1 table1 Database2 : user2 user3 There is a public database link from Database 2 to Database 1 It connect to databse 1 by using the user2 I want that the user user3 can modify table1 of user1. I try : grant delete,insert on user1.table1@database1 to user3 but it's doesn't work. Could someone helpme. May I have to create a view which privilege may i have to give to user3
which document?   (120 Views)
which oracle document should i take a look in order to know the meaning of all latches i checked oracle 8i references, it only have all the information about wait and statistics information.
which clause is correct?   (123 Views)
which clause of the RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE command specifies an interval of time to wait for a specified archived log file to be written to the standby control file's directory 1) FOR 2) WAIT 3)TIMEOUT 4)WIRTE_WAIT