SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

stuck in rollback error 1562

i am so shamed that in last 1 month , roolback seg confused
me many many times.
the rs tablespace is 1gb and autoexetend, all the 10 rbs r
sized properly with initial ,next 1m , optimal 20m ,minextends 20,maxextends unlimited. but the application always report ora01562 error. I chek v$rollstat ,hwk is obly 23mb .

Due the application limitation , I can not see the other error code follow 1562 , so what's the actual cause , I still can not get .

, can save me

Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 10:10:49 PM Total Views:  258
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

NEXT_DATE in dba_jobs is stuck   (149 Views)
Hi all, I was faced with something really strange: The jobs are not run,as i can see in dba_jobs. Also,there are no rows selected in dba_running_jobs. As you can see from the query from dba_jobs,all the NEXT_DATE values arec stuck on 29/1/04. of them are not broken and their FAILURES column shows 0 failures. I've checked the init*.ora parameters: SQL> show parameter job What could be the problem
SqlPlus get stuck after long transaction finished   (152 Views)
DB: Ora817 sp21 When I run a snapshot (m_view) refresh in SqlPlus, it gets stuck and do not come back to the command line, even though the server shows that the task has been finished. The server session does indicate that the session is active, but the last activity was long ago. I had to kill the session on the server for the SqlPlus to get a message back. Otherwise, the session remains active for ever. This happens consistently recently. What might be causing
Oracle server stucks!!!   (112 Views)
Hi every1, My prob is regarding the usage of my oracle server.It got stuck several times coz of CPU usuage being shown as 100% .Even though there r services i noted tht consume more of the CPU threads and memory usage ..these r the files generally ..jrew.exe..lsass.exe..dbsnmp.exe...smss.exe.. can anybody help please so tht i can avoid abuses frm my boss thx in advance.!!
Restore database like a rollback   (159 Views)
all, Is possible to apply archivers in a database like a rollback (restore a database and apply archivers for obtain the snapshot of time before)
Recover rollback datafile belong to rollback tablespace   (230 Views)
Hi all, I am in the process of testing to recover the datafile belong to non system rollback tablespace and I have some problem. Below is what I have done in the process. 1. assume that all of the rollback datafiles belong to rollback tablespace are gone. 2. shutdown the database 3. startup mount pfile=c:\oracle\ora817\admin\test\pfile\inittest.ora 4. alter database datafile 'c:\oradata\test\rollback01.ora' OFFLINE; 5. SVRMGR> alter database open; alter database open * ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 2 ORA-00376: file 2 cannot be read at this time ORA-01110: data file 2: 'C:\ORADATA\HOUSTON\ROLLBACK01.ORA' Why did I got this error I thought I took the rollback datafile offline before I open the database Please advise
recover non-systems datafile with rollback segments   (155 Views)
if we have the case where we lost the rollback segment datafiles for examplyas follow: 1. the database crashed or shutdown abort 2. del rbs1orcl.ora 3. copy backup\rbs1orcl.ora 4. in init.ora ---> comment out the ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS 5. startup mount 6. alter database datafile 'c:\oradata\rbs1orcl.ora' offline; 7. alter database open. two questions: 1. even I comment out the ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS out so I thought Oracle won't find the existing rollback segments but I think it's still use the existing rollback_segments 2. on number 7, when I tried to open the database, even I took the missing datafile offline, but it still looks for that file and the database couldn't open. please advise
rollback segs   (98 Views)
Guys, From the following reading of v$rollstat, wat are the things to be noticed extents 20 rssize 10641408 WAITS 195 OPTSIZE 10485760 HWMSIZE 10641408 SHRINKS 0 WRAPS 912
rollback segments   (96 Views)
SQL> select * from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name='RBS'; TABLESPACE_NAME INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT MIN_EXTENTS MAX_EXTENTS PCT_INCREASE ------------------------------ -------------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ------------ MIN_EXTLEN STATUS CONTENTS LOGGING EXTENT_MAN ALLOCATIO PLU ---------- --------- --------- --------- ---------- --------- --- RBS 1048576 1048576 10 500 0 0 ONLINE PERMANENT LOGGING DICTIONARY USER NO We have a datafile that is of 2GB size and I want to know, if the RBS would ever grow to 2GB before it fails It has failed couple of times when we run jobs overnight with ORA 1650, but I want to determine if it has used all 2GB or only 500MB when it failed, before I add new space. Where else can I see the correct info and what's the solution.
rollback segment & slots-drop/recreate or alter   (264 Views)
Could some experts in this forum explain what is the concept of slot in relationship to the rollback segment. I was told by a senior DBA and when in doubt, drop and recreate the rollback segments in stead of alter the storage due to the issue with slot allocation. Could someone comment on /explain this
rollback segment   (231 Views)
Hi all, I know this topics had been discussed several times in here and I did look around but I still didn't find the answer I need. our client has problem at the end of the month when they run the accounting end month report. They have the problem ORA-01555 snapshoot too old. I am looking for the best way to fix this problem so it won't occur in the future. I know couple things can be done to fix this problem is : 1. create a big rollback segment and force this transation to use this rollback. 2. commit less often 3. in 9i, we have undo tablespace instead for rollback and I read couple places and I got confused. Some docs said Oracle will manage rollback and ORA-01555 won't happen in 9i and some docs said it's still the problem. 4. this table is getting over 10 million rows now, so the question is partition this table will improve performance, to partion the table will help the rollback problem Please help me to clear my above confusion.
question about rollbacks   (124 Views)
I have a montly process where I turn on a large rollback segment (initial 400M, next 400M) with free space of 450M within the tablespace. After the process runs, I still have the 450M available within the tablespace. I am trying to determine whether or not I am going to have enough space within the tablespace the next time I go to run this process. Is the 800M for the large rollback still available or should I reorganize the tablespace every so often How would I know if I need to reorg the tablespace
SELECTs across DBLinks locking rollback segs   (97 Views)
Came across this is a Distributed Systems Doc: When you issue a SELECT statement across a database link, a transaction lock is placed on the rollback segment. To release the segment you must issue a COMMIT or ROLLBACK. e.g. SELECT a, b, c FROM table1@link; COMMIT; Why I can understand how, maybe, a 'SELECT FOR UPDATE' might lock rollback, but why a 'simple' SELECT BTW - The quote is from the Ora9.2 guide to 'Developing Applications for a Distributed System'.
rollbacksegment   (155 Views)
hII,i try to modify rollbacksegment i get a error. SQL> ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT _SYSSMU1$ 2 STORAGE( 3 Initial Extent 10240 K 4 Next Extent 10240 K 5 Min Extents 2 6 Max Extents 2000 7 ); ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT _SYSSMU1$ * ERROR at line 1: ORA-00911: invalid character
rollback segment question   (111 Views)
I am trying to do a big import. I have 10 RB segments. But I keep getting error max # of extents reached in RB5 then I will adjust storage (increase) for this I do the import I get error for RB4 then RB6 and again RB5 Looks like there is no way out for me. Why is it not using all 10 RB and complain at the RB10 and not something in between How do I know which one to increase I read in Metalink to drop and recreate a RB segment for resizing it. But when you can do that using storage manager or alter rollback segment using SQL why would you want to do that
rollback segment error   (189 Views)
Hi all , I m trying to create a table space in new database and then after creating table space i m trying to create rollback segment but all the time i get this error ORA-25151: Rollback Segment cannot be created in this tablespace please solve my problem i m using following code to create table space and rollback segment in oracle 9i #set echo on #define ORA_HOME = "C:\Oracle\Ora90" #define CVC_HOME = "C:\Oracle\ORADATA\CVC" create tablespace CVC_RBS datafile '&CVC_HOME\CVC_DBS_01.DBF' SIZE 100M default storage ( initial 1024K next 1024K minextents 1 maxextents 1000 pctincrease 1); create rollback segment RB0 tablespace CVC_RBS storage ( initial 512K next 512K minextents 20 maxextents 1000 ); alter rollback segment RB0 online;
rollback segment and a transaction   (295 Views)
DBAs: I was just wondering on the basics If an user writes an update statement, the server process copies the entire block to DBC where the row is residing from the datafile, assigns a lock to the row, then copies the row (pre-image) to the RBS and then changes the row and the pre-post image is written into LBC. say there are 50 rows in the block and i am affecting 1 row. Oracle still copies the entire block into DBC. What i want to know is, does oracle writes the entire block to RBS for the row updated or only the row that affected to maintain the pre-image or read consistent view of the query. I would appreciate if someone can share their views and if they can point to any documentation that tells the same, that will be great Thx
regarding rollback segment   (288 Views)
, regarding perfomance tuning in ROLLBACK SEGMENT. which is faster DEFAULT ROLLBACK SEGMENT or user defined ROLLBACK SEGMENTS. how many user defined ROLLBACK SEGMENT can we create rgds, ramesh
PMON report error,next,all rollback segments become full   (288 Views)
PMON always report error like below *** SESSION ID:(1.1) 2001.09.28.20.41.35.850 *** 2001.09.28.20.41.35.850 kssxdl: error deleting SO: c00000000ff612b0, type: 15, owner: c00000000ffa4fa8, flag: I/-/-/0x00: ORA-24756: transaction does not exist and later (after a few days) my db's all rollback segments become full and I have to shutdown abort can anyone help me
oracle transaction / commit / rollback   (204 Views)
Hi . asp.net 2.0 / VS2005 / Oracle 10g / Microsoft DAAB I am having some thoughts on how to properly implement this, I hope someone can post some good advice on how I would do this. My codes are as follows: Dim strCmd as String = "Select col1, col2, col3 From table1" Dim intExec as Integer Dim oleReader as oledbdatareader = dbdatablock.executereader(commandtype.text, strCmd) If oleReader.HasRows() then Dim strcol1, strcol2, strcol3, strIns as String While oleReader.read() strcol1 = olereader("col1") strcol2 = olereader("col2") strcol3 = olereader("col3") Select Case strcol1 Case "A" strIns = "Insert Into table2(col1, col2, col3) Values(strcol1, strcol2, strcol3)" Case "B" strIns = "Insert into table2(col1, col4, col5) Values(strcol1, strcol2, strcol3)" Case "C" strIns = "Insert into table3(col1, col4, col5) Values(strcol1, strcol2, strcol3)" End Select intExec = dbdatablock.ExecuteNonQuery(commandtype.text, strIns) End While Basically, for example my olereader has retrieved 5 rows, then the insert would run 5 times, right How can I do such that for example, when the one of the insert has failed, I could issue a rollback statement to rollback all the insert
which is the next rollback segment?   (224 Views)
hi, is there any way to find which rollback segment will be alloted for the next transaction -Raja