SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Sqlnet encryption with SecureCRT port forwarding

I am trying to achieve sqlnet encryption without using Oracle ASO.

Client - Windows
Database Server - 9ir2 on Solaris (ssh enabled).

I tried configuring SecureCRT with port forwarding (on client). Am running into issues. End up with ORA-12570: Tnsacket reader failure.

The sqlnet tracefiles aren't being very useful.

Additional question: How do you deal with dynamic ips while configuring this

Has someone else set this up successfully Am guessing it's some trivial port forwarding setting that I've messed up.

Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 10:30:31 PM Total Views:  528
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

sqlnet.ora: NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = domain - any use?   (363 Views)
Does anyone out there really have a need for NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN in sqlnet.ora Being a bear of little brain, I can't imagine when it can be useful. I have only ever found it to be a pain in the butt.
sqlnet.ora activation   (292 Views)
Oracle 8.1.7.4 / AIX 4.3.3 I'm planning to activate SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 10 (ten minutes) in all clients boxes (also AIX 4.3.3). When does this change kick into action By merely editing and saving $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/sqlnet.ora will suffice Also, on Oracle server side, I find sqlnet.ora. Should this also be changed Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Problem on restricting host using sqlnet.ora in 9i   (314 Views)
Folks, Oracle 9i Rel 2 pach 3 OS Solaris 9 I am having a problem on restricting the access from the clients based on the host names. I have the following parameters set in my sqlnet.ora file Code: TCP.NODELAY=yes TCP.VALIDNODE_CHECKING=yes TCP.INVITED_NODES= (host1, host2,...) After putting this entries in the sqlnet.ora, I was still being able to connect to the instances from the hosts that were not listed under the invited_nodes. Some may say to restart the listener. I did that too, but still being able to connect to the instances from the hosts that were not listed under the invited nodes lists. Rememeber this is 9i, so protocol.ora is obsolete in this. Did anyone come across this problem If so what was your solution
sqlnet error!!!   (432 Views)
People, I have configured a database on 8.0.4 /NT4 with bequeath(local database). I get the following error if I use SQLplus to carry out my queries, but I have no problem whatsoever if i run the scripts thru the SQLworksheet. ################################### Fatal NI connect error 12203, connecting to: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle80)(ARGV0=oracle80orcl)(ARGS='(DESC RIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\WINNT\Syste m32\drwtsn32.exe)(HOST=LAPTOP_TARRY)(USER=WAGRED8)))) VERSION INFORMATION: TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.4.0.0 - Production Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.4.0.0 - Production Time: 12-FEB-02 12:04:22 Tracing not turned on. Tns error struct: nr err code: 12203 TNS-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination ns main err code: 12560 TNS-12560: TNS: protocol adapter error ns secondary err code: 0 nt main err code: 530 TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error nt secondary err code: 0 nt OS err code: 0 #################################### Why do I get this error What does he seach for if i use the sqlplus, even though the supplier says (in case of bequeath) no additional protocol specification reqd Thanx much, Tarry Singh
URGENT - Oracle domain - sqlnet.ora ??   (361 Views)
Can you tell me what is exactly the .world domain in Oracle. I create a new database in a new server. It seems that it inherits another domain by default so from client machine since I have names.default_domain = WORLD in sqlnet.ora everytime i want to connect to this database I have to use something like connect scott/tiger@db_prod.xyz.com How can I get rid of specifying xyz.com everytimeand keeping the names.default_domain as WORLD. It is very important for our applications. PLease advice.
sqlnet.ora question   (251 Views)
i was having an error when I tried to use this line in my sqlnet.ora on my app server so i excluded it but would like to standardize it. When i removed it I could tnsping my instance. Any ideas #NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = world
sqlnet.ora   (211 Views)
Does SQLNET.ORA is optional on the server side or it is a must have and why Also How can I flush client cach when I use names server connectivity ( sdns.ora file )
sqlnet.ora   (182 Views)
Hi all, Someone had post on Metalink to which one analyst proposed the solution below. " Commenting out or removing these parameters from the server and client SQLNET.ORA files resolves this problem." When I go to $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin I see one SQLNET.ORA file. Which one is that of "server" and that of "client". Should I look elsewhere Or has it got to do with some sort of config
sqlnet.ora on db server   (281 Views)
, We are using Names server and all the clinet machines are set up with sqlnet.ora file that first goes to names server (NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH = (ONAMES,TNSNAMES). However, on the DB server, the sqlnet.ora is set with NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH = (TNSNAMES, ONAMES) Is it true that the sqlnet.ora file on server is used only for outgoing sessions and will not have any impact on incoming sessions What is the suggested way to have it on db server
Which sqlnet.ora on the server do we change?   (229 Views)
On a test system, we are running serveral databases, at different versions (i.e. 10g and 11g), therefore we have serveral Oracle homes. We want to test the INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT in the sqlnet.ora, but are unsure which sqlnet.ora to amend. Do we amend the Listener home sqlnet.ora or the database home sqlnet.ora
standardizin sqlnet.ora on client/server   (234 Views)
I am looking for a sqlnet.ora config which has both server and client standard configurations. Can anybodyu suggestany
sqlnetencryption   (167 Views)
Greetings To , I have enabled sqlnetencryption on one of my servers by adding parameters in the sqlnet.ora SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_CLIENT = accepted SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_CLIENT = RC4_128 SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED = ddfgg565658679070880dsafjkdsfqp5f201p45mxskdlfdasf SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_SERVER = required SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_SERVER = RC4_128 My question is can we have both SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_CLIENT ,SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_SERVER on the same server. What are the pros and cons to have both on the same server. My intention is to have this type of configuration as this server itself can act like a client for other sqlnetencrypted server. correct me if i did something wrong.
sqlnet.ora on client ...   (295 Views)
I now kind of curious to get some feed back/opinions from you folks... Here is a scenario: In an environment which involves weblogic server, oracle client and the oracle database server. You have set the sqlnet.ora expire_time to certain limit, say 30min. Now the question is what would happen after 30min of being idle Would you be able to connect to the database Remember the the sqlnet.ora is on the client. Sam
sqlnet tracing/logging   (364 Views)
We have a situation where an inactive connection is getting disconnected - but that does not get logged until they try to execute some code ! So what would be the best way of finding out what may be causing the disconnect BTW, the idle session parameter is not turned on. I tried to test the SQLNET.ORA tracing on the client, but that does not give too much meaningful info. What kind of info would the SERVER SQLNET.TRC file have
sqlnet contention   (323 Views)
Hi , Previously the concurrent users are 44 and a few days back it increase to 520. The Library cache, Dictionary cache hit ratios, Database buffers and SGA are perfect. But the users are telling the performance is slow. There is something we tune the sqlnet.ora or Tnsnames.ora. I guess the problem is In networking area. Is there anything we can tune in sqlnet or in tnsnames to achieve the good performance. Please let me know in detail!!!!
sqlnet.ora missing repercussions   (377 Views)
Question. I found a prod box missin sqlnet.ora. What can be the repurcussions of that , I'm no expert on HPUX. But if this ever worked then you should find out what was changed and if neccessary pull back you listener file from tape. Check the TNSNAMES.ORA, SQLNET.ORA and LISTENER.ORA. and make sure that everything is ok. You might want to compare the entries to another HPUX box. Bounce the listener, then if neccessary the box. Also make sure that the user running the database has rights to all of its files. i.e. $ORACLE_HOME/oradata/sid and $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin.
sqlnet trace file   (174 Views)
I am gettng fatal error in two task server: 12571 periodically in the trace files and alert log, to find out more about it I started trace on sqlnet.ora, how do you determine the cause of the error from the output of the trace file In other words how to interpret the trace file generated by sqlnet. Please give me any links/ info about this. I greatly appreciate your help. Thanx in advance
sqlnet configuration for tuneling tcp protocol   (238 Views)
Hi I'd like to configure sqlnet that way to be able decide what tcp/ip port number my session wil use. It is necessary for tunelling my connection to database. I cant depend on standard oracle sqlnet configuration because port 1521 is for negotiation only. have somebody made this jacek
sqlnet.ora parameter keeps changing - please help   (449 Views)
I'm not a DBa so please excause me this is a stupid question. but my dba has asked me to investigate whether backups are changing the authentication parameter in one of is ORACLE servers sqlnet.ora files. It keeps change from authentication NTS to none and the dba has to change it daily. I don't thinks its a backup thing but is there anything DB side that can cause this TIA
sqlnet.log errors   (311 Views)
Dear Sir, Could anyone let me know the cause of these errors in sqlnet.log ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fatal NI connect error 12640, connecting to: (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq))) VERSION INFORMATION: TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production Time: 24-AUG-2002 10:15:32 Tracing not turned on. Tns error struct: nr err code: 0 ns main err code: 12640 TNS-12640: Authentication adapter initialization failed ns secondary err code: 0 nt main err code: 0 nt secondary err code: 0 nt OS err code: 0