SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

single table ONLY recovery

I have the following setup

Database is in archive log mode and one particular table got corrupted or dropped. How can I recover that one table ONLY when database is online and people are working

I have been reading up about point in time recovery I dont think that is what
I want to do. My understanding is that will bring the entire database to a state as of a particular time.

Most of the test cases I see online mention restoring all the datafiles (not control files and logs). I don't think that is what I want to do either since that
will affect the people working.

Can somebody outline the steps I need to follow to test this scenario or point me to some good online documenation that explains how to do this. My gut
feeling tells me this sounds a bit complex.

Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 10:58:33 PM Total Views:  276
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Smallest Oracle 9i Instance for a single User   (136 Views)
, i am Junior "DBA", and my Company is using an Oracle 9i and Remedy Action Request System. For testing on my Notebook i search for a minimum Sized Oracle Instance for a Single User System. The Action Request System needs only a Oracle Instance without any spatial etc. Is it possible to create a small Instance with a smaller Systemtablespace than 250 MB , the Undotbs with 200 MB or the Redo Log Groups with each 100 MB Is it possible to get a Script By the way, sorry for my bad or incredible Englisch ... But i try to give my verry best :-))) Thank you Andreas
What is the benefit to crate multiple datafiles for single Tablespaces   (140 Views)
Oracle 8.1.7 and Sun Solaris Each tablespace need 12GB spaces Should I create one 12 GB datafiles (OS allow 15GB), or create 4, 3 GB datafiles. Storage is RAID 5 system
two database in single m/c   (102 Views)
hi i need to hav 2 databases 8i/9i in single machine how can i . there is some things about undo tablespace .
to copy with a single shot command   (91 Views)
hello In online backup i want to backup all the archive files at one shot by specifying the number or the time taken ,may be if i have started in the morning around 10.30am and the backup ends upa round 1.30pm how do you take the backup of those files in a single command either by specifying time or the number which i would have noted before starting the backup. i used this command where it copies all the files into the specified directory find . |cpio -pdmv /export/home/oracle/newfolder/ the above command will copy all the archive file from the present working directory to the destination specified . could you plase come out with the synatx if i specify the time started and also if i give the number of the file
single table import taking time in 10g   (155 Views)
Hi friends , i am importing single table ... earlier when i ran complete import it was doing OK .. is this doing something internally like rebuilding indexes and constraints .. i used following command imp test/test file=C:\TEST_EXPORT.OLD fromuser=test touser=test tables=SCORE_SSP0001C constraints=y indexes=y log=D:\SPAR_import0209930.LOG BUFFER=8000000 COMMIT=y IGNORE=Y am i missing anything here .
rman single question   (188 Views)
at RMAN level, What is the differecne between backup that is expired and the one that is obsolete
Two instances for a single database targeting Oracle 10g on windows platform   (184 Views)
Hi all, Database: Oracle 10g (Server) Operating system: Windows XP SP2 Now, i want to create two instances for a single database, is that possible With RAC yes, of course that is possible....but normally working on: Steps i followed: 1. Created one more instance with ORADIM utility. 2. The same is displayed appropriately in services.msc 3. Copy/pasted the init.ora file and updated the new copy/pasted db_name to 'ORCL2' where in by default the original init.ora file had db_name as 'ORCL' Instance ORCL2 is not recongized..... Please help,
Toad for Oracle 9.0 - suddenly able to copy only single cell from data grid   (127 Views)
While performing single select SQL statements (i.e., no usage of scripts) which return between two and five alphanumeric columns. With cursor in the Data Grid I have been performing the following sequence of steps "select all text" icon "copy to clipboard" and directly pasting the results to an Excel worksheet. I have done this with several query results where the output in the Excel worksheet includes the column headers, a single blank line and a complete listing of all rows and multiple columns. I must have accidently changed a setting because now I am unable to select more than one single cell on the data grid. The one other thing that I've noticed is that when I do the "select all text" icon, is that the box in the bottom middle of my editor's taskbar turns red (from the left the taskbar gives: "row x of x" / my connection string / the associated rectangle / constant text string of "Modified") I've tried numerous searches of the web, Toad World, etc. and can't find anything that has worked. I did not intend to change any settings so am at a real loss of what to try next. I have: - assured that the data grid options (visual) are set for "row select" checked "mullti select" checked - restarted my computer following the apply of these settings - I tried pasting to both a MS notepad and to the Toad editor screens. In no case are the column headings returned via this copy/paste. And only a single column is returned.
Problem with MySQL Syntax for multiple tables in a single dataset   (164 Views)
Hi , I am trying to return 3 datatables on in one dataset, using mysql as my database. However I am getting a syntax error when I execute this code: // Get Connection String and initialize Connection string connString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnString"].ConnectionString; OdbcConnection conn = new OdbcConnection(connString); // Create a CommandObject OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand(); cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text; cmd.Connection = conn; cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM Table1 Where Var1 = ; SELECT a.* FROMTable2 a INNER JOINTable1 b on b.ID = a.ID WHERE b.Var2 = ; SELECT * FROM Table3"; cmd.CommandTimeout = 120; OdbcParameter parm = cmd.Parameters.Add("Var1", OdbcType.VarChar); parm.Value = "SomeVar"; parm = cmd.Parameters.Add("Var2", OdbcType.VarChar); parm.Value = "SomeOtherVar"; // Use a DataAdapter to finish up OdbcDataAdapter da = new OdbcDataAdapter(cmd); da.TableMappings.Add("Table0", "Athletes"); da.TableMappings.Add("Table1", "AthleteBio"); da.TableMappings.Add("Table2", "AthleteClass"); AthleteWithChildren ds = new AthleteWithChildren(); da.Fill(ds); Here is the exception I get: Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.41-community-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '; SELECT a.* FROMTable2 a INNER JOINTable1 b on b.ID = a.ID WHERE ' at line 1 Source Error: Line373: da.TableMappings.Add("Table2","AthleteClass"); Line374: AthleteWithChildrends=newAthleteWithChildren(); Line375: da.Fill(ds); Line376: returnds; Line377: I have tested out the MySQL commands and they work just fine in the MySQL Query Browser one at a time, but my syntax for selecting multiple tables doesn't seem to be working, even though the research I have done so far leads be to believe that I have to put a ';' inbetween the multiple select statements. Does anyone know how to return multiple tables in one command using MySQL 5.1.11
How to update single cell of excel sheet using oledb connection,   (171 Views)
Friends i got some codes from net by using that i can update a excel sheet ,but there we have to specify some header fields name in command string like as fallows , Update [Sheet1$] set ProductName="IBG" where ProductId=5 but i want to update a single cell of excel sheet only,let say O12 cell i want to change somedata,how it is possible that i don't know.plz help me out...
How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?   (210 Views)
How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database Please give an example. I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start calling it Database connection I am using: OracleConnection dbconnection; this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection(); this.dbconnection.ConnectionString = "user id=studentuser;data source=vdsoure;password=888hfg1";
how to update single row of record with button in gridview??   (153 Views)
this is the database i bind to gridview by sqlDataSource.(i using mysql) i include a button beside each row of record,when the Approve button is press,i wan to update the row uActive,change the value. i use Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument),but what i get when i press the button is 0,1,2,3 instead of uPrimaryID can someone help me to tell me that how can i get the uPrimaryID value coz i need it in my update query.
Insert/Update data to multiple tables on a single button click   (98 Views)
s, I need to insert/update data to 3 or more tables on a single button click.What is best method for achieving thisI am using mysql as my DB.
convert multiple row values into single row   (122 Views)
Hi , I have to convert multiple row values into single row with multiple columns, can anybody help me in this regard.
how To Insert the single quotes in sqlcommand in asp.net   (147 Views)
Hi all i am developed on simple user registeration application in that i gave address field .when i am trying to enter something like this (1st main,b'lore) but wont take while inserting. my query is sqlcommand cmd=new sqlcommand("insert into registeration_form(name,address)values('"+txtname.text+"','"+txt_address+"')",con); how can i pass the quotes also to my query please if any one know reply me.
single display (SQL Statement)   (109 Views)
I have this sample data below: Purchase Order Part Number Status TST-1001-AAA 1ABC-GEF O TST-1001-AAA 2GE-DFG O TST-1001-AAA XYZ-123 C The problem is, is it possible to display a single records wherein if a purchase order no has a"O" statusthen i will only display it to a grid a single record showing that the purchase order "TST-1001-AAA" is "O" despite having 1 "C" status. ofcourse if i use select distinct purchase_order,status it will display this way, Purchase Order Status TST-1001-AAA O TST-1001-AAA C is there a way i could display it this way Purchase Order Status TST-1001-AAA O O = open C= Close a purchase order even with 1 "O" means "O" status.
Search to include single quote   (100 Views)
Hi all I'm trying to build a string to search a table using a where clause contains a field that could include a single quote Here's my code Search1 = "select field from table" read the data Searcher = field1 from above which could look like "here's my text" SearchString = "select * from table where field = '" & Searcher & "'" this throws out an error complaining about the single quote in the search variable. any help would be appreciated , , The technique you are following is incorrect from a security standpoint -- someone could pass a specially crafted string using your textbox that could allow them to (depending on permissions & configuration) delete all of your data, send a copy of all data to another server or even run arbitrary commands on your Oracle box. Check out this article for a rundown on the issue: http://www.securiteam.com/securityreviews/5DP0N1P76E.html Use parameters instead! http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorials/AdoDotNet/Lesson06.aspx Jason , TalentedFool Hi all I'm trying to build a string to search a table using a where clause contains a field that could include a single quote Here's my code Search1 = "select field from table" read the data Searcher = field1 from above which could look like "here's my text" SearchString = "select * from table where field = '" & Searcher & "'" this throws out an error complaining about the single quote in the search variable. any help would be appreciated In C# use the escape character (backslash) before the single quote. string str = "starbuck\'s"; In VB.NET I think you could use the Replace function to parse a string. There may be a different technique, but I haven't use VB in years.
can i insert data into multiple tables using single query in mysql?   (122 Views)
can i insert data into multiple tables using single query in mysql , If you want all statements to execute or if one fails, none should execute then use Transactions.
delete from two table using single query   (129 Views)
hii. i need to delete from two table how is this posiible... i dont want to do that using stored procedure i tried withis but failed strConn = "DELETE FROM table1 WHERE ftype = '" + txtBoardname.Text + "' ; DELETE FROM table2 WHERE ftype1='" + txtBoardname.Text + "'";
Search single Record in a multipal table or data base.....argent please   (177 Views)
, Iwant to search a single record ina complete data base In a data base there is around 45 tables and i want that record which i am looking for is available in a data base or not. Please help me.......... regard