SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

SDE oracle error

I am receiving the following error when attempting to run the sdelayer command with the load_only_io switch.
Error: Underlying DBMS error (-51).
Error: Setting Layer to LOAD-ONLY mode.
ORACLE error: code is 3114, func is OOPEN
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

Can anyone give me some direction on what could be causing the error

Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 11:20:58 PM Total Views:  393
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

SQL/oracle bind variables   (198 Views)
Hi . I'm using oracle bind variables to insert data to my db that users will add from a textarea. My problem is that when a user adds a single quote" ' " to their comments in the text area, oracle recognizes that as string data. Any ideas how to get around this
export from sql server table into oracle table   (223 Views)
i'm trying to export from sql server table into oracle table but it's alway failure if the table has at least one column of nchar or nvarchar datatype. Can anybody explain why i need some columns in char or nvarchar type do contain unicode characters.
error in connecting to oracle:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'   (525 Views)
i am trying to connect to oracle using the following connection string..but a get the following error what should i do. this is the function to make connection to DB which i am using Private Function GetDBConnection Const cConnection = "SERVER=LPTEXT;driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};UID=scott;PWD=tiger;" Dim objConnection '* Create the connection object Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objConnection.ConnectionString = cConnection objConnection.CursorLocation = 3 '* adUseClient objConnection.Open '* Return the new connection back to the calling routine Set GetDBConnection = objConnection End Function And this is the error..i am getting Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
connect to remore oracle database from asp.net application   (365 Views)
I have visual stuido.net, oracle client 9.i on my machine. I am just trying to write an asp.net application to access data from remore oracle database. Could somebody direct me to right direction or any sample application regarding same. I would apprciate your help
need to convert a date in oracle   (291 Views)
I need to format a date from 12-apr-2004 into 12-apr. I do this in the select statement, can anyone provide a function that would make the conversion
return resultset from oracle proc using ODP.net   (151 Views)
i have istalled ODP.net successfully on my machine and i am working with my oracle database. but i need to be able to run a procedure from withing c# and get a resultset in return which i can feed into a datareader or dataset through commandObj.ExecuteReader(). i am having a problem returning a resultset from an oracle proc within c#. can any body tell me how to do that
how can i call package through oracleclient?   (275 Views)
I have a packeage defined as following, create or replace package my_GLOBAL as function getWebUser return varchar2; procedure setWebUser(userval varchar2); end my_GLOBAL; / create or replace package body my_GLOBAL as WebUser varchar2(8); function getWebUser return varchar2 is begin return(my_GLOBAL.WebUser); end; procedure setWebUser(userval varchar2) is begin my_GLOBAL.WebUser := userval; end; end my_GLOBAL; / I can run it in sql plus like this execute my_GLOBAL.setWebUser('testUser'); My question is how can I call it from OracleClient the ExecuteNonQuery, ExecuteRader, ExecuteScalar method do not work for this case. Any suggestions
Win2000 and oracle 8.1.5   (136 Views)
Does Oracle 8.1.5 work with Windows 2000
What script to execute for creating x$kcbcbh and x$kcbrbh in oracle 7.3.4   (214 Views)
Could any one reply me asap the script name to create the buffer cache stat view x$kcbcbh and x$kcbrbh.Its urgent
What oracle version is best for Windows 2000?   (134 Views)
: I need your expert advice. I expand my HD, and installed Windows 2000. What is the best Oracle version for easy installation on Windows 2000 I tried twice on win98 and failed. So, I spent several hundred bucks to do it again. I wish you can really give me expert advices and help me out on this.
what is support identifier/access code for oracle metalink registration?   (219 Views)
hi plz tell, i want to register for metalink.oracle.com web site. In registration it is asking support identifier/access code. what is that where can i find it. Our company is having valid oracle 9i database software already. Is it just license code or any other
urgent : oracle & Perl   (281 Views)
I have a PC with NT4 Workstation. Oracle client 7.3 installed. Perl and the DBD-oracle module installed. Now development 'removed' the 73 client. Changed in registry HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE to ORACLE7. They did not remove the software nor did they remove the old oracle_home from the path. Afterwards they installed client 806. Now we can't use the perl scirpt any more. When trying to connect we get errors. Also when I change the name of the v7 oracle_home, when starting the scripts, I get an error that we are looking for ora73.dll . It seems to me that the DBD-module for oracle is working only with the 73 client, and is not using the 806 client. Anyone an idea how we can correct this. This is very urgent. It's used on production to interact with our client.
upgrade oracle to 8.1.6   (267 Views)
we have oracle 8.1.5 we want to upgrade it to 8.1.6 can anyone tell me the steps to perform this and then we need to run the instances running on 8.1.5 to be brought up in 8.1.6
Unix/oracle problem   (310 Views)
I have just upgraded 1 database out of 5 databases from 8.1.5 to 8.1.7. My environmental variable points to all the 5 databases. I need to change the environmental variable(to 8.1.7) to point to only the upgraded database. Can I get some help on how to do that Currently, the way the environmental variable is set up, if I change it to 8.1.7, it's going to affect the databases running in 8.1.5 as well as the one running in 8.1.7. And if that happens, the ones in 8.1.5 will not be up when the server is started. Can any one give me specific ideas on how to change the environmental variable for only the upgraded database(the 8.1.7) without it affecting the rest of the rdatabases running in 8.1.5
ultra search in oracle 9i   (713 Views)
hi gurus, Yesterday i attented the oracle 9i seminar and they said that in oracle 9i there is new tool called ultra search which can search through your multiple databases. but when today i tried to install the search i am not able to do so. please help me how can i install the search please help ......
to display time from oracle database....   (232 Views)
Hi , I need to populate the current time from oracle database I don't want to issue a select statement to get time from the database every second just to display, is there any other way Rgds, Sudhakar
the max length of the varchar2 parameter in oracle stored function   (305 Views)
I created a stored function. The function has a parameter. The parameter type is varchar2. I used jdbc called the stored function. The parameter in java is string. I want to know the max length of the varchar2 parameter in oracle. Would you tell me please help.
Tamil in oracle   (259 Views)
Hi! How to I incorporate tamil and use oracle 8.1.6 and above to support the same. I need to store some files in tamil and I do not know how to invoke the same using NLS. please help dusty
Table Versioning for oracle8i   (259 Views)
Hi everybody, I have to implement table versioning to one of our projects. The scenario is as follows: I have a tab_A in schema user_1.When ever user modifies the table tab_A,just before modifying the table tab_A,I want to store this table tab_A in to user_2 with the table name as tab_A1.The table tab_A remains in the same schema as before with the modification.The old table is moved to user_2 schema with the name tab_A1. Here modification of table means adding columns to respective table.I want to increment the tab_A1..tab_A2..tab_A3..tab_An.. whenever the user modifies the table tab_A each time and move the corresponding table to user_2 schema. I am using oracle8i v8.1.7 on WIN2K. Any suggestions Thanking you Suresh.H.T sureshht@yahoo.com
sqlldr .txt to oracle table   (346 Views)
dear all: I face such issue: user upload the .txt from different platform server to my database server, the text file include columns name , how can I write the sqlldr control file : unsqlldr the columns name just as the first row and the fields seperate by tab . B