SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

RMAN - Learning Material

I am not aware of RMAN (for 8.0.x/NT) and its usage.

Can someone suggest me some goodies on RMAN on Internet sites.

Posted On: Friday 16th of November 2012 12:08:45 AM Total Views:  289
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Performance   (223 Views)
Hi Guys, We are running Oracle817 on sun solaris 8, I use toad to monitor the database performance. The performance utilities are taking a long time and there is performance degradation on the dba user. The user schema's performance is good except for the sys or system user. Any pointers will be appreciated. One more thing we recntly went live before there was no archiving, now archiving is enabled.
ASP.NET and Oracle performance   (146 Views)
How is performance on ASP.NET applicationsusing Oracle Data Access, queries, inserts, calling stored procedures... I would be interested in real experiences
how to improve the performance?   (151 Views)
Hi friends I have created one executable application in VB.net 2005, back end is MySql 4.1 Now task i am doing is uploading data from local mysql server to main server which is at different site. which uses internet connectio. Problem is tht this module is taking too much time as i am simply picking up the row from this database and inserting into the database at main site. do anyone knows how i can improve the speed of appliction please give ur suuggestions. waiting for ur reply,
enable to add .Net CLR Data counter in Performance monitor   (101 Views)
I try to add the .Net CLR Data in my perf monitor but the add button is disabled. I just have access to the Explain button. I try on an XP and a 2003 server and it's the same. We use the dotnet native .Net OracleClient. Is there some right to add somewhere
enhancing performance   (164 Views)
I've recently inherited an application that really wasn't created all that well. For example, most of the important data is stored in one tablewhich contains 31 fields. Fields like 'manufacturer' have no look up tables. ALL of the data is stored in this 'spreadsheet' style table. yeah...it's a nightmare. I need to execute a like query against a varchar2 field. Considering there are close to 1 million records in this table, is there anyway to enhance the speed of the return of the query (without pulling that data out into another table) It currently takes 2 minutes to bring back one record. The field is indexed.....and that is the only thing I know of that would help.
ASP.NET Performance + oracle   (159 Views)
I have Asp.net application and backend with oracle. I have Performance problem with application. Problem is I have some links on page and when i navigate from one link to another link it takes time to open that link. sometime it takes 2 or 3 minutes to open. Can anyone help me with this issue. What are the posibilities with this issue.
Self Join....performance...   (154 Views)
Friends, I am trying to do self join with one table. my requirement is get data based on different date. so i had created 3 times self joins but it had performance issue. select sum(a.col1), sum(a.col2), sum(a.col3), sum(a.col4), sum(a.col5), sum(b.col1), sum(b.col2), sum(b.col3), sum(b.col4), sum(b.col5), sum(c.col1), sum(c.col2), sum(c.col3), sum(c.col4), sum(c.col5) from tablename a, tablename b, tablename c where a.date between (select sysdate from dual) and (select sysdate -1 from dual) and b.date between (select sysdate-2 from dual) and (select sysdate -3 from dual) and c.date between (select sysdate-4 from dual) and (select sysdate -5 from dual) group by a.col6
Query performance   (185 Views)
I have a database tables which contains two tables with records > 30000. I wrote a database query "SELECT rank, b.isbn, book_name, volume_no, author, publisher, price, quantity FROM tbl_rank_books b LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT * FROM tbl_rank_stock WHERE customer = " + ddlCustomer.SelectedValue + ") s ON b.isbn = s.isbn AND b.category_id = s.category_id WHERE b.category_id = '" + ddlCategory.SelectedValue + "' ORDER BY rank;" It took me about 1 minute per time in my developer machine while it has timeout error in the server. I would like to know if there is any room to optimize the query performance. I have already used indexing to do this. If there are no problems, how can i eradicate the timeout problem Thank you
To Boost Performance   (174 Views)
We are designing the database for a high load web application. We used 4 techniques. 1.No outer joins,No Unions, > only in reports 2.No joins in main forms 3.Choose the smallest dataTypes possible. 4.Used a single instance for all users. Are there any additional MAJOR ones using ORACLE with .net
very slow performance when using sum and group by   (190 Views)
I have a query which runs very very slow, it is doing a full table scan on tab1: select sum(col1) from tab1 where col2 = 'x' group by col3 There is an index on (col2, col3), the following query runs very fast: select * from tab1 where col2 = 'x' I tried to change the index to (col1, col2, col3), but there is no improvement by doing that, how can I improve the performance of this query
Tuning - Low RAM - Load/Performance issue   (372 Views)
Environment: Windows 2000, TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 I have this windows 2000 server hosting 15 GB database (the only one on server) which is now working at 98 % memory utilization for a month now. Its gets really slow once a while. Now I have to 10 more new tablespaces (4 new schemas) to create on this db. The server is low on RAM - DB Buffer Caching issue EVENT TOTAL_WAITS ---------------------------- ------------------- buffer busy waits 1646206 (1144088 yesterday) NAME VALUE -------------------------- ---------- free buffer inspected 1453 (1168 yesterday) Currently the parameters are set at db_block_size = 4096 db_block_buffers = 94372 DB_BLOCK_MAX_DIRTY_TARGET = 94372 open_cursors = 300 max_enabled_roles = 30 db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8 db_block_buffers = 94372 shared_pool_size = 236M large_pool_size = 614400 java_pool_size = 20971520 Please advice - how can I improve/handle the current scenario. Do we definetly need more RAM. What else can we do - Increase db_block_buffers = and Decrease DB_BLOCK_MAX_DIRTY_TARGET = more
SQL Performance   (132 Views)
Hi Greetings, When users start complaining that a specific SQL command is working at slower pace, what are the sequence of steps to be taken to locate and rectify the defect
rman`backups`and`raid`5   (121 Views)
I was wondering whether anyone has experienced poor backup times with oracle databases on RAID 5 We are using netbackup in conjunction with rman to backup a 1.5TB database that takes about 16 hours to complete. A host of rman parameters have been tried - combinations of filesperset and maxopenfiles - with no benefit seen. Our database uses RAID 5 spread over about a 100 disks. We have noticed that no matter what we do the maximum throughput for the backup is only 50mb/s. We are using an LTO3 tape library whcih can write at 60mb/s per tape drive. But no matter how many tape drives we allocate for use we only get 50mb/s as the total throughput - resulting in a backup that is over 16 hours. I have monitored v$backup_aysnc_io and have noticed that there is for the most part poor read rates as seen by the effective_bytes_per_second for TYPE='INPUT'. From that I can only infer that the slower the read done by rman the slower the backup will be. We have seen with a filesystem backup we are able to achieve a rate of about 100mb/s - although this type of backup is different to an rman backup there is quite a difference seen in the rate. Just wondering if there is someway to work out if the RAID configuration could be the issue here
rman status   (152 Views)
The below Query doesnt show the % completed status.It always shows 0.But the time now keeps changing..and the backup finishes in the nor mal speed as it has to do. select sid, serial#, context, round(sofar/totalwork*100,2) "% Complete", substr(to_char(sysdate,'ddmmyy hh24:mi:ss'),1,15) "Time Now", elapsed_seconds from v$session_longops where substr(opname,1,4)='RMAN' Oracle version 8.1.7.0.0 on AIX 4.3.2 Did anyone faced like this.
rman restore   (227 Views)
How do you restore backup sets and controlfiles that were deleted out of the catalog We need to restore an archive log that was backed up 7 days ago but it has been deleted and no longer in the catalog but we restored the backup files from tape to a different drive.
rman NOT BACKED UP SINCE TIME   (115 Views)
Can somebody tell me what is wrong with this rman command. When it run it's having a problem with the delete. rman
rman help   (121 Views)
hi, i want to start backing up database with rman. i created a new tablespace with 50mb and a user called rman with the resource,connect and recovery_catalog_owner to rman. after that i connected with rman and created a catalog. it created the catalog and i also registered the database. while all this was happening the database was open i want to now whether database should be open or till mount stage. when it is on mount stage it give error that database is in shutdown or in innilization stage, please help me about what are the correct steps please.
rman backup standby database   (200 Views)
Oracle add rman backup standby database to release the rman backup on system io pressure, and now i am testing it. I have some question: 1. Can the backup be done while system is open read only when doing rman backup, rman write some information to controlfile. Does the read only mode allow modification to the controlfile will there be anything wrong I am testing it , and it seems ok, but i am not sure 2. When i was backing up the standby in mount status, oracle begin to do recovery. SO, will the backup be ok Can i use this backup to recover
rman and datafilecopy   (87 Views)
Hi has anyone used datafilecopy in rman 9i I get this error RMAN> BACKUP DATAFILECOPY '/tmp/users.dbf'; Starting backup at 17/06/03 using channel ORA_DISK_1 RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS =============== RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-03002: failure of backup command at 06/17/2003 08:46:33 RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20230: datafile copy not found in the recovery catalog RMAN-06015: error while looking up datafilecopy name: /tmp/users.dbf
rman / NETBACKUP   (111 Views)
I am getting an error message from RMAN stating it cannot communicate with the Netbackup server. I was told there is a syntax to test communication to media manager on the server. Does anyone have that Here is the RMAN error message: RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch01 channel at 06/07/2006 16:11:35 ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="bk_7086_1_592502150", parms="" ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text: VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error: Server Status: Communication with the server has not been iniatated or the server status has not been retrieved from the server.