SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

PHP oracle OCI connect to Oracle 7

Hi
I'm writing a php script that connects to a Oracle 7 database using OCI.

The login is successful, the function OCIServerVersion() returns the server version text correctly

But when I perform a select statement, the data fetch is corrupted for example "  

Posted On: Friday 16th of November 2012 02:41:09 AM Total Views:  357
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

what is support identifier/access code for oracle metalink registration?   (206 Views)
hi plz tell, i want to register for metalink.oracle.com web site. In registration it is asking support identifier/access code. what is that where can i find it. Our company is having valid oracle 9i database software already. Is it just license code or any other
urgent : oracle & Perl   (273 Views)
I have a PC with NT4 Workstation. Oracle client 7.3 installed. Perl and the DBD-oracle module installed. Now development 'removed' the 73 client. Changed in registry HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE to ORACLE7. They did not remove the software nor did they remove the old oracle_home from the path. Afterwards they installed client 806. Now we can't use the perl scirpt any more. When trying to connect we get errors. Also when I change the name of the v7 oracle_home, when starting the scripts, I get an error that we are looking for ora73.dll . It seems to me that the DBD-module for oracle is working only with the 73 client, and is not using the 806 client. Anyone an idea how we can correct this. This is very urgent. It's used on production to interact with our client.
upgrade oracle to 8.1.6   (260 Views)
we have oracle 8.1.5 we want to upgrade it to 8.1.6 can anyone tell me the steps to perform this and then we need to run the instances running on 8.1.5 to be brought up in 8.1.6
Unix/oracle problem   (300 Views)
I have just upgraded 1 database out of 5 databases from 8.1.5 to 8.1.7. My environmental variable points to all the 5 databases. I need to change the environmental variable(to 8.1.7) to point to only the upgraded database. Can I get some help on how to do that Currently, the way the environmental variable is set up, if I change it to 8.1.7, it's going to affect the databases running in 8.1.5 as well as the one running in 8.1.7. And if that happens, the ones in 8.1.5 will not be up when the server is started. Can any one give me specific ideas on how to change the environmental variable for only the upgraded database(the 8.1.7) without it affecting the rest of the rdatabases running in 8.1.5
ultra search in oracle 9i   (700 Views)
hi gurus, Yesterday i attented the oracle 9i seminar and they said that in oracle 9i there is new tool called ultra search which can search through your multiple databases. but when today i tried to install the search i am not able to do so. please help me how can i install the search please help ......
to display time from oracle database....   (224 Views)
Hi , I need to populate the current time from oracle database I don't want to issue a select statement to get time from the database every second just to display, is there any other way Rgds, Sudhakar
the max length of the varchar2 parameter in oracle stored function   (297 Views)
I created a stored function. The function has a parameter. The parameter type is varchar2. I used jdbc called the stored function. The parameter in java is string. I want to know the max length of the varchar2 parameter in oracle. Would you tell me please help.
Tamil in oracle   (253 Views)
Hi! How to I incorporate tamil and use oracle 8.1.6 and above to support the same. I need to store some files in tamil and I do not know how to invoke the same using NLS. please help dusty
Table Versioning for oracle8i   (251 Views)
Hi everybody, I have to implement table versioning to one of our projects. The scenario is as follows: I have a tab_A in schema user_1.When ever user modifies the table tab_A,just before modifying the table tab_A,I want to store this table tab_A in to user_2 with the table name as tab_A1.The table tab_A remains in the same schema as before with the modification.The old table is moved to user_2 schema with the name tab_A1. Here modification of table means adding columns to respective table.I want to increment the tab_A1..tab_A2..tab_A3..tab_An.. whenever the user modifies the table tab_A each time and move the corresponding table to user_2 schema. I am using oracle8i v8.1.7 on WIN2K. Any suggestions Thanking you Suresh.H.T sureshht@yahoo.com
sqlldr .txt to oracle table   (337 Views)
dear all: I face such issue: user upload the .txt from different platform server to my database server, the text file include columns name , how can I write the sqlldr control file : unsqlldr the columns name just as the first row and the fields seperate by tab . B
SDE oracle error   (380 Views)
I am receiving the following error when attempting to run the sdelayer command with the load_only_io switch. Error: Underlying DBMS error (-51). Error: Setting Layer to LOAD-ONLY mode. ORACLE error: code is 3114, func is OOPEN ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE Can anyone give me some direction on what could be causing the error
Restore oracle software   (258 Views)
What is the general recovery strategy if the disk on which oracle software is installed is damaged Is it better to re-install oracle, or to restore from the file system backup I would think restoring from the file system backup is faster, since having the Oracle install cd and all the patches applied after readily available is not easy. Will that work though
requirements for becoming oracle applications DBA   (236 Views)
Hi Can any one suggest what all is needed to be dones/studied etc for becomeing oracle applications DBA if one is already a oracle DBA.. i guess this topic might be of interest to many people..
Request on oracle 9.2.0.8 version software and installation on solaris 10   (355 Views)
Hi all this is venkat from bangalore, i need small help from any one i want to install Oracle 9.2.0.8 on Sun solaris 10 ( Sun fire V210),plz let me know whether 9.2.0.8 release available or not or any other version we have to install and then we have to upgrade it with any patches. becas i downloaded Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle site, how to upgrade this to 9.2.0.8 release plz kindly help me out, its most urgent this is my mail id m.venkatakumar@yahoo.com with regards venkat
release date for oracle7.3   (259 Views)
Can some one please tell me the release date for Oracle7.3 on any platform - NT/Solaris...Unix
Reinstalling oracle 8.1.7   (239 Views)
I'm planning to reinstall oracle 8.1.7 into another oracle home so I can apply the oracle 8.1.7.4 patch to 1 database at at time. I vaguely remember reading something about making a change in the oraInst.loc. Can you explain what the change to this file is and if it is necessary for a reinstallation.
re: getting oracle to recognize multiple directories   (282 Views)
hi! , How would one get oracle to recognize multiple directories "to run file from one directory " which internallly calls "file from another directory" Many
prob of loading oracle 7.3.4 in SCO unix 5.04   (399 Views)
I have some problems regarding the loading of oracle in SCO UNIX 5.04 . I would be very oblized if you can kindly advice. I am trying to load oracle 7.3.4 in SCO UNIX 5.04 . I have loaded the enterprice & Development version for this purpose. I have also loaded the Patch oss61a.tar before loading However the Oracle while loading is showing lonking error, oracle executable not made . then i tried to load oracle first then to link it after wards . When I am trying to link the oracle . The system is showuing a mesg ' failed to create unix.prd I feel the prob is due to a patch . I would be very grateful if you can kindly advice for the installation of oracle.
pro*c migration from oracle 8 to 10g also   (188 Views)
Hi Please let me know how to convert pro*c programs in oracle 8 into oracle 10g environment
please post (oracle 11g) 11.1.0.6.0 listener.ora and sql.ora, tnsnames.ora files   (247 Views)
could one please post me the Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 listener.ora and sql.ora, tnsnames.ora files. ( all *.ora files) I have lost all my *.ora files. and listener is not up.