SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

How can I save Pictures with ASP.NET C#

Hi

I have a Web page where users can upload pictures, and this works fine.
But I don't want to save the pictures in the SQL Database, becouse it's gone blow up this Database...
I heard, that there are a other solution, where I save only the path from the pictures in the Database, and the pictues is actually saved on a folder on the server.

I did some research on the Web and I tried to make it by my self, but with no success...
Does somebody can help me, or can give me a tip where I can find a solution for that

Tanks in advance

Posted On: Wednesday 21st of November 2012 02:38:26 AM Total Views:  477
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

SOS!!! why I can't found any trace files in udump directory   (189 Views)
I have already set below init parameters timed_statistics=true user_dump_dest=/oracle/app/oracle/admin/SID/dump sql_trace=true then I restart DB but when i execute sql statement in sqlplus(i have set sql_trace=true in sesession level). then i go to udump directory . Not any files was created. Why
RMAN cannot do the recovery !!   (198 Views)
Don't know how come. It's definitely a simple restore command but the fact is recovery cannot be done. I've done a cold full database backup using Recovery Manager. The backup script used are shown in the following. I try to do the recovery with the following script. But there is only error returned. I'm totally lost. Any advise please
recover db until cancel   (201 Views)
At 9:00 one of the online redolog files has been dropped. at 9:05 the foll cmd is executed recover database until cancel Q)How does orcle know the redolog file is dropped at 9:00. I mean where does oracle get the timestamp info and recreates the redolg file of the last known good configuration.
Question about table scan   (230 Views)
See the following query: select a from test where c=10; Suppose we have a composite index on columns(c,a). Will all the data in this case be retrieved using index without actually referring the base table
cannot create stored procedure in mysql database   (206 Views)
database : Mysql i was able to create stored procedure in localhost, once i started using live database ,, i am not able to create any procedures,. please help
MySql's Exception : Variable 'character_set_client' can't be set to the value of 'utf16'   (201 Views)
Previously I usesql server 2005as my website database, and everything works well. now I have changed toMySql server 5.5database because it is open source. I used Navicat Premium to transfer my data from sql server to mysql. I use mysql workbench and navicat to manage my database. Problems come when i declare the connection to mysql database. here is my code: MySqlCommandcmdselect; MySqlConnectionconNDB; MySqlDataReaderMydtr; stringserver="localhost"; stringdatabase="maindb"; stringuid="root"; stringpassword="abc123"; stringstrCon="SERVER="+server+";"+"DATABASE="+ database+";"+"UID="+uid+";"+"PASSWORD="+password+";"; stringstrSelect="SELECT*FROMannouncement"; conNDB=newMySqlConnection(strCon); conNDB.Open(); cmdselect=newMySqlCommand(strSelect,conNDB); Mydtr=cmdselect.ExecuteReader(); rptAnnounce.DataSource=Mydtr; rptAnnounce.DataBind(); Mydtr.Close(); conNDB.Close(); Reference to MySql.Data already set. Here i got this error message : Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Variable 'character_set_client' can't be set to the value of 'utf16' Error message stated this error occurs during connection.Open(); When i keep on refreshing the error page, i got another error sometime. here is it: Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Expected end of data packet Error message stated this error occurs during Mydtr = cmdselect.ExecuteReader(); I am new to mysql. i don know what problem is this. i guess this problem comes from database's setting or data, not my source code. anyone knows the solution your help is greatly appreciated. i been trying for 4 days but cannot solve.
cannot find   (140 Views)
Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Dim myconnection As mySqlConnection = new mySqlConnection("Server=localhost;Database=name;User ID=name;Password=pass;") Dim myDataAdapter As MySqlDataAdapter Dim myDataSet As DataSet Dim strSQL As String Dim iRecordCount As Integer myConnection = MySqlConnection("server=localhost; user id=marios0310; password=eh50085vg; database=marios0310; pooling=TRUE;") strSQL = "SELECT * FROM member;" myDataAdapter = New MySqlDataAdapter(strSQL, myConnection) myDataSet = New Dataset() myDataAdapter.Fill(myDataSet, "member") MySQLDataGrid.DataSource = myDataSet MySQLDataGrid.DataBind() End Sub Simple MySQL Database Query Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type my'SqlConnection' is not defined. i dont use vb or any program i just want to correct the code to link with database if i need to do a web.config file ok
How can I use GUID as userid when using MySql for Membership?   (172 Views)
I have followed this tutorial which provides me with Membership, Role, Profile etc. http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-net-tutorials-asp-roles.html Everything is working fine, but I noticed that the userid is in standard INT, not GUID. Is it possible to get around this I want the userid as GUID.
how i can write sql query that display from array order by array   (170 Views)
ello. i hav array users_ids=[0001,0002,0007,0005] i want to write sql query that pull out all the users that there id in the array sql="Select * from Members Where MemberID In ("+ users_ids + ") order by "+ users_ids + " its not work... :-)how i can order the rows like the array
How can I do Muitple LEFT JOIN in Oracle?   (158 Views)
I am developing web application using csharp on visual studio 2008. I using oracle as database. I have a transaction table in database with a lot codes from other tables. Now I am writing an sql that is pulling records from this table. Now I want to do Left joins so that code values can be replaced by names as it displays. So How can I do multiple LEFT JOINs in one sql. The sql is as follows: sql= select studno,gradeno,streetcode,yearcode, stationcode from Table7 Left JOIN So how can I do Left Join for Five(5) tables in a sql. Mean tables with actual values for studno,gradeno,streetcode,yearcode, stationcode. Please help.
ASP.Net can use MySQL as Database?   (194 Views)
Does MySQL Support to ASP.Net for a databse to replace MS SQL Server
How can I compare date between current date and six months backwards   (170 Views)
people, I want to be checking if the date given is within six(6) months from the current date going backwards. Forexample, if the given date is 24-04-2008. How can I check that the date given is within six (6) from todays date (Current date) going backwards I have this sql below but it is not working as expected. How can I do it sql="SELECT name1,name2,dateperiod FROM students WHERE dateperiod is between "+ Curdate.ToString("dd-MMM-yyyy") +" and "+ DateTime.Parse(Datestudent).AddMonths(-6) +"";
How can i call a Oracle Function which return value is user defined record? SOS !!!!!   (145 Views)
Package and Function: SPEC CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE PACKAGE_SUHUATEST AS type resp is record (resp_key varchar(30), app_name varchar2(15)); type resp_tab is table of resp INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; FUNCTION MyFunction(invar in varchar) return resp_tab ; END PACKAGE_SUHUATEST; / BODY CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY MVL_SOX.PACKAGE_SUHUATEST AS FUNCTION MyFunction(invar in varchar) return resp_tab IS record1 resp; record2 resp; allresult resp_tab; BEGIN record1.resp_key :='key1'; record1.app_name :='name1'; record2.resp_key :='key2'; record2.app_name :='name2'; allresult(1) := record1; allresult(2) := record2; RETURN allresult; EXCEPTION WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN NULL; WHEN OTHERS THEN -- Consider logging the error and then re-raise RAISE; END MyFunction;
how can i setup a login status since i using MySQL???   (147 Views)
i using MySQL,thus i cant use the logincontrol provide by Visual Studio 2005. i using master page as well.and now i wish to make a login status for my page.how can i do it anyone hav any idea
How can i create a database driven serch engine.   (165 Views)
I have a hotel table.The table consits of the hotel table consits of the follwoing attributes: 1. HotelID,2.County Code, 3.Hotel Name , 4. Hotel Desc , Address ,Postal code , Hotel Location Help and ect ... How can i create in a way that when the user inputs a search query in the database, i am ablegive the the required hotels.Can anyone suggest a good way where i can make it like how the normal search engine works, for example if you look at google search, they have engine for images,web,news and ect......mine is similar but just that it is for hotel and the data is stored in the database. Than if the search fails or the persontype wrongly, i want to have suggestions for the users like: 1. Did you mean Hope that someone can suggest me a good way as i want to score for my project.Till than i am hoping to hear from someone who can share their knowledge to me and i will be really
How can I insert a date format data into oracle ?   (177 Views)
, I tried to use string or datetime to insert to oracle. But they all failed. What can I do
cannot connect to MySQL database   (146 Views)
Hi all, I'm a newbie in asp. I'm trying to connect to MySQL database, but get below error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. /common/dbconn1.asp, line 6 ******My asp code is:
how can i set primary key with auto-increment   (184 Views)
Once i export "tblCategory" more than once, so i had duplicates data, i had to add new colum and add sequin number, so i can delete duplicates. The problem is now after i did that, i can not insert new record anymore how to set primary key with auto-increment (SQL). i realy have data there, if i do that is that possible the old data ganna change so how can i set primary key with auto-increment with last record's number (example , last sequence number was "500")
cannot create 'odbc.connection' object   (183 Views)
, I'm trying to make a remote oracle database conection but i have this error: Detalles de la excepcin: System.Web.HttpException: No se puede crear un objeto de tipo 'odbc.connection'. So, i have this code: conn = Server.CreateObject("odbc.connection") conn.Open ("DSN=ServerIP;UID=IdUSer;PWD=pass") im working with asp.net in dreamweaver.. could someone help me please.. i dont know why send me these error.
How can I retrieve database data show on the web page?   (134 Views)
I'm using Visual Studio.Net 2003 to make a asp.net project. I want to retrieve data from foxpro database and then show all data on the web page. Then I'm using server control to create new "Connection" to foxpro database, then I create a new "Adapter", and last I create a "DataSet". After I setup the connection and dataset I use the preview to show the data is correctly. Butafter I create a new "DataGrid", set the DataSource is the DataSet and DataMember is the Table name. I just see a blank webpage when I try to run this project. I try to save as a "aspx" file and put it to the server but same result just a blank page, no any error message. So please help!! How can I solve it and How can I retrieve the databasse data show on the webpage. Thank you very much.