SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

HELP ME PLEASE

I IMPORT NAMESPACE System.Data.OracleClient in my web-page I see that in classes-browser but when i process the page i received an error message. I wrote the following code : Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) --->> Dim conn As New OracleConnection("server=Oracle;Uid=uid;pwd=pwd") and the message error is : ERROR BC30002 Type 'OracleConnection' not defined Where is my error

Posted On: Wednesday 21st of November 2012 02:41:07 AM Total Views:  405
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Query help   (329 Views)
Are these 2 queries same as far as the results are concerned... SELECT mwebWork.Work_ID, mwebWork.Work_Description, mwebWork.Work_Plan_Start, mwebWork.Work_Plan_Finish, mwebWork.Work_Amt_Ext2 FROM mwebWork WHERE Work_ID in (Select distinct Auth_Work_ID From mwebAuth) AND Work_Par6=16230 AND Work_ID Not IN(SELECT distinct Mat_Work_ID FROM MwebMatrix where Mat_Category BETWEEN 4000 AND 4999 ) ORDER BY Work_Plan_Start; SELECT mwebWork.Work_ID, mwebWork.Work_Description, mwebWork.Work_Plan_Start, mwebWork.Work_Plan_Finish, mwebWork.Work_Amt_Ext2 FROM mwebWork WHERE Work_ID in (Select distinct Auth_Work_ID From mwebAuth) AND Work_Par6=16230 AND Not Exists(SELECT count(*) FROM MwebMatrix where Mat_Category BETWEEN 4000 AND 4999 AND Mat_Work_ID=Work_ID) ORDER BY Work_Plan_Start; not in and not exists (.. count(*)...) is where I am confused !! Which one is better as far as the performance goes
Please help...Error:Oracle not available!!!   (137 Views)
Hi all, I am trying to install oracle 8.1.7 Enterprise edition on windows 2000 professinal edition I have installed oracle, I am able to log in with user name:sys and password:change_on_install, but when i try to configure the management server. I was able to create the repository. Whenever I try to start the management server manually from the services, it gives me error like: ERROR: Management server is not working in timely fashion. I have changed HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Oracle\_Homes\ID0\NLS_LANG key of registry to AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1. After this when I logout of sqlplus and try to enter again I gets the error while logging in: ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available. ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist I have deinstallad and instaled the ORACLE again but still no success. I am getting the same error while logging in sqlplus. Please if somebody can help..
Please help! Urgent   (262 Views)
Hi all! I got these four tables: (staff, courses, students, enroll) STAFF: STAFFID STAFFNAME DEPT POSITION ------- ------------------------- --------------- -------------------- t101 Adams Art Professor t202 Smith History Lecturer t105 Tanaka CSE Tutor t110 Byrne Maths Lecturer t221 Smith CSE Professor COURSES: COURSENO STAFFID SCHED ROOM ------- ------- --------- ---- art103a t101 mwf9 h221 cse201a t105 tuthf10 m110 mth101b t110 mtuth9 h225 hst205a t202 mwf11 h221 mth103c t110 mwf11 h225 cse203a t105 mthf12 m110 Students: STUID STUNAME MAJOR CREDITS ----- ------------------------------ --------------- ---------- s1001 Smith, Tom History 90 s1010 Burns, Edward Art 63 s1015 Jones, Mary Maths 42 s1002 Chin, Ann Maths 36 s1020 Rivera, Jane CSC 15 s1013 McCarthy, Owen Maths 9 Enroll: COURSENO STUID GRADE ------- ----- ----- art103a s1001 A cse201a s1020 b cse201a s1002 f art103a s1010 art103a s1002 d mth101b s1020 a hst205a s1001 c mth103c s1010 mth103c s1002 b Q1. can anyone tell me how I could show the count for ALL staff(including the ones who have zero room count) I did this but can't show zero: SELECT STAFF.STAFFID, STAFF.POSITION, STAFF.STAFFNAME, COUNT(DISTINCT COURSES.ROOM) AS RM_COUNT FROM STAFF, COURSES WHERE STAFF.STAFFID=COURSES.STAFFID GROUP BY STAFF.STAFFID; Q2. can anyone tell me how to write the query the find the total number of students who either take at most one course (over the course of the week) or do not attend a class on tuesday
Please help me   (150 Views)
My platform is Oracle 10g under Windows 2003 . My database is in NOARCHIVELOG.Its complete dump file sizes 646MB,very important database and can't miss any data.Everyday It is exported in a schedule per day.I found the control files and online redo log files are multiplexed to the same drive. I am new here. I think if any failure occurs now, I can't bring it back to point-in-time recovery. Could you tell me your suggestions in a simple way and how to implement it and the backup procedures I should follow A learning DBA.
Need help with uploading a text file in to mysql database   (396 Views)
I want to upload a text file and stored to my database. the column on mydatabaseit is longblob type. I don't know much about this so if anyone can help I will
keeping track of number of votes: help   (171 Views)
hello, I have a database of user uploaded music. I have created a system that pins two of the uploaded songs against one another at random. The user can then vote for which song they like better. I need to be able to keep track of the overall wins for a selected song. my DB table holds (id, filename, track, artist, album, genre, username, artistpage, fullpath) for uploads. I figure I can just create another field called like "wins" and everytime they click vote, it does an update on that row where filename=filename and adds an int +1 to the field "wins". How would i go about pulling the value of wins for a selected filename, and then adding +1 to it. I assume also i will have to re-insert all the field valuesfor that row after, along with the update win value, correct
helping with converting result to a string   (162 Views)
hello, I want to count the number of records in a table and display the number on my page, however i have only even used the SQL so far to setup datatables to be used in gridviews, how can i just get the result and set it to a string to be displayed in a label for example. thanks here is the code i use for agridview Dim strQuery1 As String Dim cmd1 As MySqlCommand strQuery1 = "select count (*) from uploads" cmd1 = New MySqlCommand(strQuery1)Dim dt1 As DataTable = GetData(cmd1) GridView4.DataSource = dt1 GridView4.DataBind()
Need help with this stored Procedure+sql   (170 Views)
Mate, Please tell me what i have done wrong in the below stored procedure. the procudure got created but at runtime it throws me an error 'Invalid Object Name 'TEMP''. i actually tried to decaled this as a temporary table like #TEMP. but its not solving my problem. So i Request u to help me ! CREATE PROC [dbo].[GLAS_PROC_LISTING_PAGE] @TABLENAME VARCHAR(50), @TABLE_CODE VARCHAR(50), @IS_FILTER VARCHAR(1), @SEARCH VARCHAR(500), @STR VARCHAR(1) AS BEGIN IF @STR='1' /* COMMON_RET_TABLE_NAMES */ SELECT CODE,NAME,PAGENAME,TBLHEAD FROM COMMON_TABLENAMES WHERE CODE=@TABLE_CODE IF @STR='2' /* COMMON_CUR */ DECLARE @COLNAME VARCHAR(30) DECLARE @IS_ACTIVE VARCHAR(1) DECLARE MYCURSOR CURSOR FOR SELECT COLUMNNAME FROM COMMON_FIELDNAMES WHERE TBL_CODE=@TABLENAME AND COLUMNRANK IS NOT NULL AND COLUMNDESCR IS NOT NULL ORDER BY COLUMNRANK DECLARE @STRCOLNAME VARCHAR(500) SET @STRCOLNAME = '' SET @IS_ACTIVE = 'N' OPEN MYCURSOR FETCH NEXT FROM MYCURSOR INTO @COLNAME WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN SET @STRCOLNAME = @STRCOLNAME + ',' + @COLNAME FETCH NEXT FROM MYCURSOR INTO @COLNAME END CLOSE MYCURSOR --SELECT LEN(@STRCOLNAME) - 1 SET @STRCOLNAME = SUBSTRING(@STRCOLNAME, 2, LEN(@STRCOLNAME)) BEGIN DECLARE @TEMP TABLE (COLUMNNAME VARCHAR(500)) INSERT INTO TEMP VALUES(@STRCOLNAME) EXEC('SELECT ' + @STRCOLNAME + ' FROM ' + @TABLENAME ) END DEALLOCATE MYCURSOR --@STRCOLNAME IF @STR='3' /* COMMON_GETCOLWIDTH */ SELECT COLUMNDESCR, COLUMNWIDTH FROM COMMON_FIELDNAMES WHERE TBL_CODE = @TABLE_CODE IF @STR='4' /* COMMON_SAMPLE_EX */ SELECT COLUMNDESCR,COLUMNNAME FROM COMMON_FIELDNAMES WHERE TBL_CODE=@TABLE_CODE AND IS_FILTER= @IS_FILTER ORDER BY COLUMNRANK IF @STR='5' /* COMMON_RET_COLUMN_NAMES */ SELECT * FROM COMMON_FIELDNAMES WHERE TBL_CODE = @TABLENAME AND COLUMNDESCR IS NOT NULL AND COLUMNRANK IS NOT NULL IF @STR='6' /* COMMON_RET_SEARCH */ DECLARE @COLNAME1 VARCHAR(30) DECLARE MYCURSOR1 CURSOR FOR SELECT COLUMNNAME FROM COMMON_FIELDNAMES WHERE TBL_CODE=@TABLE_CODE AND COLUMNRANK IS NOT NULL AND COLUMNDESCR IS NOT NULL ORDER BY COLUMNRANK DECLARE @STRCOLNAME1 VARCHAR(500) SET @STRCOLNAME1 = '' OPEN MYCURSOR1 FETCH NEXT FROM MYCURSOR1 INTO @COLNAME1 WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN SET @STRCOLNAME1 = @STRCOLNAME1 + ',' + @COLNAME1 FETCH NEXT FROM MYCURSOR1 INTO @COLNAME1 END CLOSE MYCURSOR1 --SELECT LEN(@STRCOLNAME) - 1 SET @STRCOLNAME1 = SUBSTRING(@STRCOLNAME1, 2, LEN(@STRCOLNAME1)) BEGIN --INSERT INTO TEMP VALUES(@STRCOLNAME) EXEC('SELECT ' + @STRCOLNAME1 + ' FROM ' + @TABLE_CODE + ' WHERE 1=1 ' + @SEARCH) END DEALLOCATE MYCURSOR1 --@STRCOLNAME END
How to pass parameter through oraclehelper class when 'in' operator is there.   (272 Views)
I am using oraclehelper.cs class for connecting to database, my front end is asp.net 2.0. while i am passing a parameter to query it is giving "ORA-01008:not all variables bound" error, i am sending my query and parameter i am passing please tell me where is the problem. query: selectpersonid from dwperson where customerid in(:customer); parameter: OracleParameter parcustid = new OracleParameter("customer", OracleType.VarChar, 100); parcustid .Value = strcustomerid; and the strcustomerid value="123,245,456" can any body tell me what is the problem as soon as possible.
need help with ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row error   (375 Views)
the following select in oracle 10g gives an error , need some help thanks select 'AGD' BusUnitCode, 'A' LedgerCode, 'ACTUALS' LedgerName, (select sign(count(OBJECT_NAME)) from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_ID = (select OBJECT_ID from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_NAME='SALHARCAGD' ) ) LedgerHasArchive, ' ' DataAccessGroup from ALL_OBJECTS where (select OBJECT_ID from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_NAME='SALFLDGAGD'and DATA_OBJECT_ID is not null ) is not null union select 'AGD', substr(KEY_FIELDS,1,1), substr(SUN_DATA,1,15), 0, substr(SUN_DATA,242,5) from SSRFMSC where SUN_DB='AGD' and SUN_TB = 'BUD' and (select OBJECT_ID from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_NAME='SA' || substr(KEY_FIELDS,1,1) || 'FLDGAGD' and DATA_OBJECT_ID is not null ) is not null union select 'CXX' BusUnitCode, 'A' LedgerCode, 'ACTUALS' LedgerName, (select sign(count(OBJECT_NAME)) from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_ID = (select OBJECT_ID from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_NAME='SALHARCCXX' ) ) LedgerHasArchive, ' ' DataAccessGroup from ALL_OBJECTS where (select OBJECT_ID from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_NAME='SALFLDGCXX' and DATA_OBJECT_ID is not null ) is not null union select 'CXX', substr(KEY_FIELDS,1,1), substr(SUN_DATA,1,15), 0, substr(SUN_DATA,242,5) from SSRFMSC where SUN_DB='CXX' and SUN_TB = 'BUD' and (select OBJECT_ID from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_NAME='SA' || substr(KEY_FIELDS,1,1) || 'FLDGCXX' and DATA_OBJECT_ID is not null ) is not null union select 'DEM' BusUnitCode, 'A' LedgerCode, 'ACTUALS' LedgerName, (select sign(count(OBJECT_NAME)) from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_ID = (select OBJECT_ID from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_NAME='SALHARCDEM' ) ) LedgerHasArchive, ' ' DataAccessGroup from ALL_OBJECTS where (select OBJECT_ID from ALL_OBJECTS where OBJECT_NAME='SALFLDGDEM' and DATA_OBJECT_ID is not null ) is not null thanks robby
connection string help   (222 Views)
Hi. I am trying to connect my ASP.net web app to my MySql server. I get an error ('Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user." My connection string at the time of the error looks like this, I get my physical paths from Server.MapPath in my C# connection class. I am not sure if I am using workgroups, but when I created my MySql database I made an account with a password. Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\XXXXX\XXXXX\XXXXX\demo1.mdb;Password=xxxxxxxx;User ID=xxxxxx;Jet OLEDB:System database=\\XXXXX\XXXXX\XXXXX\XXXXX\XXXXX\System.mdw Any ideas on what might be wrong with my connection string. If that is what the problem is.
Complete Newbie - Please help!   (331 Views)
After years of somehow managing to avoid the migration to .NET it has finally come and I am blown away by the differences between classic ASP and .NET. I'm hoping I can get some help with what should be (and probably is) a simple task: connecting to a MySQL server in my project. I am running VS 2008 and plan to develop in vb I am needing to connect to a MySQL 5.0 database. I have both my web project and database on my local computer during development. I have installed the MySQL connector 5.1.4 In Visual Studio 2008 I want to add a Data Connection - how the heck do I go about this I apologize in advance for such a basic question but everything I have read assumes things like the knowledge of what a "code behind" page is - as in "add this to your code behind page".... I'm looking (if possible) to add my data connection via the Server Explorer window in the IDE.
connector help - VS .NET 2k3   (159 Views)
, I have run into a problem with using Visual Studio .NET 2003 and MySQL database. I am using MySQL 5.0, i downloaded the .NET Connector 5.0.8.1. When trying to reference the mysql.data.dll I get the "not a valid assembly or com component". This is because .net 2k3 only supports .NET 1.1 correct So is there anyway I can connect with mysql 5.0 with vs .net 2k3 Without reverting back to older version of mysql
Please help! deadline looming close and I'm stuck.   (229 Views)
This is kind of hard to explain but I'll do my best. I have a table in oracle that essentially has the same field 4 time named different names. It is connect to another table that defines those fields. Table AFIELD_ID NUMBER NOT NULL,NEW_VALUE VARCHAR2(100 BYTE),SUPPORT_FIELD1 NUMBER,SUPPORT_VALUE1 VARCHAR2(100 BYTE),SUPPORT_FIELD2 NUMBER,SUPPORT_VALUE2 VARCHAR2(100 BYTE),SUPPORT_FIELD3 NUMBER,SUPPORT_VALUE3 VARCHAR2(100 BYTE),APPROVED INTEGER,DECLINED INTEGER,PLATFORM_ID NUMBER Table B FIELD_ID NUMBER, DETAIL_DESC VARCHAR2(50 BYTE) In Table A, Field_ID, Support_Field1, Support_Field2, and Support_Field3 are all connected to Table B Field_ID. In my SQL query on my page I need to pull in the Field_ID from Table B for all 4 fields on Table A based on the Detail_Desc value on Table B pulled from the screen. The query I am using to pull in just one of the fields: sqlSelect = "SELECT FIELD_ID FROM TABLE_B ";sqlSelect = sqlSelect + "WHERE DETAIL_DESC = '" + lblField1.Text + "'";OracleDataAdapter daFields = new OracleDataAdapter(sqlSelect, con);OracleCommandBuilder cbFields = new OracleCommandBuilder(daFields);DataSet dsFields = new DataSet();daFields.Fill(dsFields, "CHFSSOMGR.MTG_FIELDS_TBL");DataTable dtFields = dsFields.Tables["CHFSSOMGR.MTG_FIELDS_TBL"];DataRow drFields = dtFields.Rows[0];string strField1 = drFields["FIELD_ID"].ToString();sqlInsert = "INSERT INTO TABLE_A(FIELD_ID, NEW_VALUE)";sqlInsert = sqlInsert + "VALUES (" + strField1 + ", " + txtField1.Text + ")"; I assume there is probably a better way to do this but time does not allow me to explore that. But can what I want to do even be done Please help!
I need help for mysql database connection   (241 Views)
Am implementing asp.net in my project and am new to this. now am using mysql database for my project i dont know how to connect this mysql database through coding...... This is connection string am using for my project ConnectionString = "driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=senthil;USER=root;Option=3;" Conn = New OdbcConnection(ConnectionString) When using this connectionstring am get this following error: " ERROR[IM002][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified " i dont know what to do please help me this is very helpful for my project...
Connect to MySQL server 4.1, please help   (147 Views)
Hi I have a mysql database, I am using connection string below to connect to localhost: private const string m_ConnectionString = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};" + "Server=localhost;Database=mydb;uid=root;pwd=mypw;option=3"; It works fine. But when I change the connection string as: private const string my_ConnectionString = "DSN=MyDataSourceName"; It doesn't get any data. I have configured DSN as: Data Source Name=MyDataSourceName, server=localhost, user=root, password=mypw, Database=mydb, in Control Panel/Administrative Tool/Data Sources (ODBC). What else should I check with
plz urgent help   (261 Views)
i want to deplay time from table in my sql but when i do that there is an error the table shows but the time doesnt plz help me when i see the table recoreds i want code to see the time that i stored in mysql table
ODP.NET:Windows Authentication is not working. Pls help.   (330 Views)
I am working on VS.NET 2003 envt on a web application in C#.NET and trying to connect to Oracle 9i database. Because this appln is to be used in an intranet, hence OS authentication is to be used. The following connection string works fine for me and connects properly to the database; OracleConnection con = new OracleConnection(); con.ConnectionString = "User Id=temp_userID;Password=temp_pwd;Data Source = oracle_serverName;"; con.Open(); where 'user id' and 'password' are present in the 'sys_userinfo' table. Now when I connect to the oracle server thru SQL* PLUS, giving just "/" as the user-id (to indicate Windows authentication is to be considered) and appropriate server name, it properly connects to the database. Finally now I need to connect to the oracle server in following manner: OracleConnection con = new OracleConnection(); con.ConnectionString = "User Id=/;Data Source=oracle;"; con.Open(); Here it gives error saying "null password given, logon denied". I searched all over on Google here and there, tried all 3 data providers (ODP.NET, OleDb and ODBC), all the data providers connect to the database when the user-id and pwd is given, but none of them work for "user id=/", that is for OS authentication. I verified IIS config as well and it does has 'Integrated Windows Authentication' check box properly checked too. Nothing fancy, its simple attempt to connect to Oracle database thru Windows authentication, pls help! pls help!pls help!
Had to reinstall ODBC.net, now gives error... please help   (237 Views)
, I had to reinstall ODBC.net as a result of a nasty computercrash. But now, when i try to run my applications, they all give the same error: Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Whats wrong Dit i forget to reinstall something
Connection failed plz help   (153 Views)
Hi i have developed a windows application using VB.nety and mysql4.1 using connector. Its perfectly working on my machine.. But its not wotrking on my clients machine.. It shows an error connection failed... I have included the Mysql.Data.dll with in the setup..Do i need to install anything else to run the application... please help regards Anz