SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Cannot update the cursor mytable

When I run my application inside the Visual web developer, everything works perfectly, but when i run it on internet explorer in this way: http://localhost/webapplication/default.aspx and try to update I get this error "Cannot update the cursor mytable, since it is read-only" Below is the code for updating: OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand("update mytable set status=) // it is a visual foxpro table cmd.Parameters.Add("@status", OleDbType.Char, 1).Value = "D"; cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); // here is the error I don't know why it works when running in VWD but doesn't work in internet explorer on the SAME computer. Anyone can help

Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 04:39:43 AM Total Views:  164
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Error Opening Excel Document In ASP.Net 2.0->System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file   (406 Views)
Having a problem importing an excel document after moving an asp.net 2.0 application to another server. It worked fine before moving it and I suspect it's a permissions problem on a TEMP directory Here's the error: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\DEXTERDR\Desktop\Stock Options Template ROW Dec 2005.xls'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at odsExcel.getEmpExcelData() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OptionSys\App_Code\odsExcel.cs:line 65System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\DEXTERDR\Desktop\Stock Options Template ROW Dec 2005.xls'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at odsExcel.getEmpExcelData() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OptionSys\App_Code\odsExcel.cs:line 65System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\DEXTERDR\Desktop\Stock Options Template ROW Dec 2005.xls'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at odsExcel.getEmpExcelData() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OptionSys\App_Code\odsExcel.cs:line 65System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\DEXTERDR\Desktop\Stock Options Template ROW Dec 2005.xls'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at odsExcel.getEmpExcelData() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OptionSys\App_Code\odsExcel.cs:line 65System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\DEXTERDR\Desktop\Stock Options Template ROW Dec 2005.xls'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at odsExcel.getEmpExcelData() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OptionSys\App_Code\odsExcel.cs:line 65System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\DEXTERDR\Desktop\Stock Options Template ROW Dec 2005.xls'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at odsExcel.getEmpExcelData() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OptionSys\App_Code\odsExcel.cs:line 65odsExcel.csgetEmpExcelData.csgetEmpExcelData.csgetEmpExcelData.csgetEmpExcelData.csgetEmpExcelData.csgetEmpExcelData.cs Tried changing the permissions on: C:\Documents and Settings\\ASPNET\Local Settings\Temp to include IUSER_MACHINENAME IWAM_MACHINENAME ASPNET already has full rights..
cannot connect to local instance of Oracle 10g XE database   (336 Views)
I've downloaded and installed web developer on a machine running Oracle's 10g eXpress Edition. I bring up the database explorer and select the .NET Oracle connection to create a connection to the database and get an error when testing the connection. The error message returned is from Oracle saying the connection string is incorrect. Since the message is from Oracle web dev is talking but I don't know what should be entered. As far as I know I'm entering the SID/service name correctly along with username and password. Are there any tricks I'm missing This relates only to accessing the database not to Oracle's .NET add-ins for Visual Studio. I know those do not work.
ODBC Error:"Column 'username' cannot be null"   (296 Views)
! I have created an Insert statement that is supposed to insert a new record into a mySQL database table. SubSession_Start DimstrConnectionAsString="Driver={MySQLODBC3.51Driver};Server=localhost;Database=mysql;uid=root;pwd=*****" DimobjConnAsOdbcConnection=newOdbcConnection(strConnection) DimobjCommandAsOdbcCommand=newOdbcCommand("INSERTINTOonline_users(username,accessTime,location,LCID)Values(@username,@accessTime,@location,@LCID)",objConn) objCommand.Parameters.Add("@username",OdbcType.VarChar,25).Value="Guest" objCommand.Parameters.Add("@accessTime",OdbcType.DateTime).Value=Now() objCommand.Parameters.Add("@location",OdbcType.VarChar,150).Value="Login" objCommand.Parameters.Add("@LCID",OdbcType.SmallInt,10).Value=Session.LCID objConn.Open() objCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() objConn.Close() EndSub However, when I try to run the script I get the following error: "System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.1.8-nt-max]Column 'username' cannot be null" Stack Trace: [OdbcException: ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.1.8-nt-max]Column 'username' cannot be null] What have I done wrong P.S.: I have shecked column names - everything seems to be fine there
cannot ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction   (235 Views)
, When I execute a stored procedure (Oracle) that generates a ROLLBACK, the application is returning this message: ORA-02074: cannot ROLLBACK in a distributed transaction ORA-06512 There isn't error when the stored procedure do a commit ! I have tried to use the Enlist parameter in the connection string but it failed. I'm using the .NET Managed Provider for Oracle (System.Data.OracleClient) and FrameWork 1.1. Is there a solution I don't want to remove the Rollback statements from my stored procedures. Christophe
Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ProjectWebSite\Files\ROUTINE_MCA.xlsx'.   (392 Views)
everybody. I am in a critical situation. I first tried to make a project (file->new->project) using visual studio, where I displayed the content of a excel file by GridView. I was successful then, but when I attach it to my website located in inetpub I am getting this error : MicrosoftOfficeExcelcannotaccessthefile'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ProjectWebSite\Files\ROUTINE_MCA.xlsx'.Thereareseveralpossiblereasons: Thefilenameorpathdoesnotexist. Thefileisbeingusedbyanotherprogram. Theworkbookyouaretryingtosavehasthesamenameasacurrentlyopenworkbook. At first I faced some COM related problem and found solution in Google, but this particular problem is not solving. Is there any way to access Excel document in asp.net website In my application there is a facility of uploading excel document to the server and then display its content. But I have failed to do this display operation, is there any turn around way, like store the excel document as dataset and then access it as required. Please help. I am in great trouble.
An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Documents and Settings\rpatel\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\DeferredPayments\App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is   (368 Views)
I amgetting the below erroreven though I am not using the mdf file. I am using the Oracle database. I tried deleting the mdf file from the machine but each time is created again and then I get the error. What do changes I need to do to get rid of the below error. An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Documents and Settings\rpatel\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\DeferredPayments\App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' cannot be used for distributed   (256 Views)
OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' cannot be used for distributed queries because the provider is configured to run in single-threaded apartment mode. What is this Error means i need to convert excel sheet 2003 to database sql i use sql server 2008,visual studion 2008 any suggestions
Column cannot be null error   (346 Views)
I am trying to use parametrized query to connect to mysql via asp. The following code writes only null value to the database. Does any one know whay here is the code: using(MySqlConnection c_u_reg = new MySqlConnection(c_str)) { MySqlCommand cmd_u_reg = c_u_reg.CreateCommand(); cmd_u_reg.CommandText = "INSERT INTO regUser(uMail,uPassword)VALUES(@mail,@password)"; cmd_u_reg.CommandType = CommandType.Text; MySqlParameter prm_u_reg = new MySqlParameter("@mail", MySqlDbType.VarChar); prm_u_reg.Value = "somemail@yahoo.com"; cmd_u_reg.Parameters.Add(prm_u_reg); MySqlParameter prm_u_reg2 = new MySqlParameter("@password", MySqlDbType.VarChar); prm_u_reg2.Value = "somepasword"; cmd_u_reg.Parameters.Add(prm_u_reg2); c_u_reg.Open(); cmd_u_reg.ExecuteNonQuery(); } }
I am using the dotnet connector for MySQL and it is generating queries that gridview cannot use   (616 Views)
I am using the dotnet connector for MySQL and it is generating queries that gridview cannot use UPDATEtbl_user_kingdomSETUSERID= ,LOT01= ,LOT02= ,LOT03= ,LOT04= ,LOT05= ,LOT06= ,LOT07= ,LOT08= ,LOT09= ,LOT10= ,LOT11= ,LOT12= , LOT13= ,LOT14= ,LOT15= ,LOT16= ,LOT17= ,LOT18= ,LOT19= ,LOT20= ,LOT21= ,LOT22= ,LOT23= ,LOT24= ,LOT25= ,LOT26= ,LOT27= , LOT28= ,LOT29= ,LOT30= WHEREPK= " I read that it can be switched to using the standard query token of @.I cannot use ctrl+h to replace the with @ because the tokens have to be unique, is there a way to configure the connector
cannot acces oracle DB when no client installed locally   (399 Views)
i have asp.net application which acces an Oracle DB throught ODP .net, my project includes the Oracle.DataAccess.dll, my test server has a oracle 10g client on it so i can access the DB fine, although the DB is on another server, wheni move my application to my live server and open my application (logon.aspx connects the DB ) i get this error :Unable to load DLL 'OraOps10.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) do i need to have an Oracle Client installation on my production server, can I not just access using ODP without having to have a client locally
cannot access oracle throught SQL SOURCE   (283 Views)
I am trying to access Oracle 10g DB throught asp.net. I have downloaded and isntalled ODP, In my code behind i have using Oracle.DataAccess.Client; I have a gridview and want to access data and allow it to be deleted/updated/selected. I was using System.Data.OracleClient, this would select data fine but when it comes to updating it wouldnt work, i keep getting the 'ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number error. I read up on a few baords which suggested using providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client", i have tried changing my connections in my web.config file from providerName="System.Data.OracleClient" to providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client", however when i add a SQLSOURCE to my aspx page,. it is not showing the web.config connections in my list. now i have addded Oracle.DataAccess.dll to my project in the Bin directory, it is also located on C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN I am using VS 2005 and .net 2.0 am i missing something else
Value cannot be null   (254 Views)
I've a problem using ODP.NET. I get the following exception calling: Dim conn as new OracleConnection("User ID=myUI;Data Source=myDS;Password=myPsw") System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s) +78 System.Web.FormatterWithFileInfo.GetSourceFileLines(String fileName, Encoding encoding, String sourceCode, Int32 lineNumber) +221 System.Web.UnhandledErrorFormatter.get_ColoredSquareContent() +269 System.Web.ErrorFormatter.GetHtmlErrorMessage(Boolean dontShowSensitiveInfo) +831 System.Web.HttpResponse.WriteErrorMessage(Exception e, Boolean dontShowSensitiveErrors) +1385 System.Web.HttpResponse.ReportRuntimeError(Exception e, Boolean canThrow) +441 System.Web.HttpRuntime.FinishRequest(HttpWorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context, Exception e) +486 Please, can anyone help me
cannot expand named range in excel   (365 Views)
, I am writing a small application which has to open up an exisitng excel file and write into the excel file using system.data.oledb . I have actually created a named range inside the excel file called as "one" and that has just two columns. here is my codestringconnectionString=@"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;DataSource=C:/test.xls;ExtendedProperties=""Excel8.0;HDR=YES;"""; System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionconn= newSystem.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(connectionString); try { conn.Open(); OleDbCommandcmd=newOleDbCommand("Insertintoonevalues('a','b')"); cmd.Connection=conn; cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); Response.Write("success"); } catch(Exceptionex) { Response.Write(ex.Message); } The whole process works well until i convert one of the columns of the named range into a calculated column say i convert the second column to =LEN(A1) and drag the formula column to span multiple rows in the same column. when i run the application, it throws a error saying cannot expand named range. in short oledb is having problems writing data to a calculated column in excel. Please help me regarding this problem. I would have posted the sample excel file along with this post but when i try doing so, i get the error saying "you dont have permissions to upload files. Please contact administrator". neways, please help me with a solution
cannot update or delete!!! - Resolved   (326 Views)
I feel like such an idiot because it looks like I must be the ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD having this problem. I'm googled and searched this forum and all over for some answers and I just can't find what I need. someone please please help me, I am losing my mind here!! I'm trying to make a page for adding and removing category rows from a mysql database. The database is small, and looks like this: MaincatID - integer (primary key autoinc) MaincatName - varchar(100) MaincatDescription - text I configured the connection with this string: DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=myDatabase;USER=myusername;PASSWORD=mypassword;OPTION=3; and when I configured the dataadapter, it generated the insert and select statements, here's what the insert statement looks like (and it works fine, I can insert!!) 'OdbcInsertCommand1 Me.OdbcInsertCommand1.CommandText = "INSERT INTO maincategories (MaincatName, MaincatDescription) VALUES (, )" Me.OdbcInsertCommand1.Connection = Me.connDB Me.OdbcInsertCommand1.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcParameter("MaincatName", System.Data.Odbc.OdbcType.VarChar, 100, "MaincatName")) Me.OdbcInsertCommand1.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcParameter("MaincatDescription", System.Data.Odbc.OdbcType.VarChar, 2147483647, "MaincatDescription")) but wouldn't generate the update or delete statements. I went into the properties and tried to create them myself. here is the code it generated 'OdbcUpdateCommand1 Me.OdbcUpdateCommand1.CommandText = "UPDATE maincategories set MaincatName=, MaincatDescription= WHERE MaincatID=" Me.OdbcUpdateCommand1.Connection = Me.connDB Me.OdbcUpdateCommand1.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcParameter("MaincatName", System.Data.Odbc.OdbcType.VarChar, 100, "MaincatName")) Me.OdbcUpdateCommand1.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcParameter("MaincatDescription", System.Data.Odbc.OdbcType.VarChar, 2147483647, "MaincatDescription")) Me.OdbcUpdateCommand1.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcParameter("Original_MaincatID", System.Data.Odbc.OdbcType.Int, 0, System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte), "MaincatID", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing)) 'OdbcDeleteCommand1 Me.OdbcDeleteCommand1.CommandText = "DELETE FROM maincategories WHERE MaincatID=" Me.OdbcDeleteCommand1.Connection = Me.connDB Me.OdbcDeleteCommand1.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcParameter("MaincatID", System.Data.Odbc.OdbcType.Int, 0, System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte), "MaincatID", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Original, Nothing)) Now here is the code for my update: 'Update changes Dim updateMainCat As dsCategories.maincategoriesRow = dsCategories.maincategories.Rows.Find(lstMainCat.SelectedValue) updateMainCat.MaincatName = txtMainCatRename.Text daMainCategories.Update(dsCategories.maincategories) lstMainCat.DataBind() and here is the delete code: 'delete a row Dim deleteMainCat As dsCategories.maincategoriesRow = dsCategories.maincategories.Rows.Find(lstMainCat.SelectedValue) dsCategories.maincategories.Rows.Remove(deleteMainCat) daMaincategories.Update(dsCategories) lstMainCat.DataBind() but it doesn't do anything to the data in the database!! I receive no error, nor any indication that it tried to do ANYTHING. I am going out of my mind insane with this thing and I can't find ANY information on what is wrong. somebody, PLEASE help me!!! -SelArom
cannot open ConnectionString using mysql connector .Net   (447 Views)
environment: W7 Ultimate 64, VS2008, Mysql 5.1.45, Connector .Net 6.2.2 .aspx environment: a DropDownList (DDL) triggers a DetailsView (DV). functions (select, edit, new ...etc) work fine. Now, in the same .aspx page I use Event "SQLDSDVKlient_Inserted" to get the Last inserted record ID using "ExecuteScalar" method! This to fill the DV with the just created record using "New" (see code below). on "cnn.Open()" I get below error msg; Event code 3005! Some additional info: a) keep in mind this all happens in the same .aspx page b) In the MySQL wizard (5.1.45) I clicked the "allow remote connections". c) the ConnectionString is copied out of web.config (remind you: all 'normal' DV functions work fine.I.e. I certainly can connect to my MySQL DB.) d) When using, in ConnectionString, the parameters "ow User Variables=True;old guids = true" I get, on statement "cnn = New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(connString)" a msg: Keyword not supported"; so I removed it. e) without above connectionstring parm I get on statement "cnn.Open()" below error msg:where I need help! Questions: 1) why does the system suddenly bring the remote connection into play; I'm always on the same machine, same .aspx page! 2) what is the role of the "mysql connector.net" (6.2.2) in this scenario Thank you for your time and hints to clarify / correct me! ed Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 3/31/2010 8:22:12 AM Event time (UTC): 3/31/2010 6:22:12 AM Event ID: 7dfe62ffcdb741dfb3d1461bf1f01996 Event sequence: 9 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Exception information: Exception type: SqlException Exception message: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Protected Sub SqlDSDVKlient_Inserted(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceStatusEventArgs) Handles SqlDSDVKlient.Inserted Dim connString As String Dim cnn As Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection Dim cmd As Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand Dim sql As String Dim GetID As Int16 '''connString = "server=W7;User Id=root;password=xyz;Persist Security Info=True;database=slp;ow User Variables=True;old guids = true" connString = "server=W7;User Id=root;password=xyz;Persist Security Info=True;database=slp" sql = "SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()" cnn = New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(connString) cnn.Open() cmd = New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand(sql, cnn) GetID = cmd.ExecuteScalar() cmd.Dispose() cnn.Close() Response.Write(" ID last record " & GetID) SqlDSDVKlient.SelectParameters("ID").DefaultValue = GetID SqlDSDVKlient.DataBind() DVKlient.ChangeMode(DetailsViewMode.Edit) DVKlient.DataBind() End Sub
ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into () Error on ASP.NET application.   (479 Views)
.NET 2.0 - Password cannot be NULL - error msg!   (212 Views)
Hi Folks I've created a simple new user registration form using the Wizard Control (part of the .NET Framework 2.0), SQLDataSource Control and an ODBC (using DSN) connection to a MySQL backend. ALL fields get written to the database as expected apart from the password field, which produces the following error msg: ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.26]Column 'password' cannot be null Can somebody please tell me if they have come across this problem before, or if you may know why it is happening I can email my source if req'd! I've searched google and all the forums to no avail....I'm lost and verrrryy frustrated - this is seriously doin my head in! Cheers Zandr
RMAN cannot do the recovery !!   (288 Views)
Don't know how come. It's definitely a simple restore command but the fact is recovery cannot be done. I've done a cold full database backup using Recovery Manager. The backup script used are shown in the following. I try to do the recovery with the following script. But there is only error returned. I'm totally lost. Any advise please
cannot create stored procedure in mysql database   (316 Views)
database : Mysql i was able to create stored procedure in localhost, once i started using live database ,, i am not able to create any procedures,. please help
cannot find   (224 Views)
Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Dim myconnection As mySqlConnection = new mySqlConnection("Server=localhost;Database=name;User ID=name;Password=pass;") Dim myDataAdapter As MySqlDataAdapter Dim myDataSet As DataSet Dim strSQL As String Dim iRecordCount As Integer myConnection = MySqlConnection("server=localhost; user id=marios0310; password=eh50085vg; database=marios0310; pooling=TRUE;") strSQL = "SELECT * FROM member;" myDataAdapter = New MySqlDataAdapter(strSQL, myConnection) myDataSet = New Dataset() myDataAdapter.Fill(myDataSet, "member") MySQLDataGrid.DataSource = myDataSet MySQLDataGrid.DataBind() End Sub Simple MySQL Database Query Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type my'SqlConnection' is not defined. i dont use vb or any program i just want to correct the code to link with database if i need to do a web.config file ok