SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Accessing the stored procedure which takes 2-3 hours to complete!

Hi ! iam accessing oracle stored procedure which takes lot of time to completethrough asp.net . if the session drop between the execution of SP thanSP stops can any one help me in this regard that if session drop between the execution of SP than SP will not stop it will execute in background!

Posted On: Wednesday 7th of November 2012 10:15:40 AM Total Views:  260
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Remotely accessing forms   (148 Views)
is it possible to access an Oracle form remotely without installing any of the Oracle packages. Cheers, Nick
find out who's accessing my pc   (280 Views)
Can someone please tell me how to find out from SqlPlus, who's accessing my pc and what command is he using to query my pc.
Problem accessing external directory with external procedure in two node RAC on IBM   (218 Views)
, I have a strange problem: I have a two node RAC Setup 10.2.0.2.0 on IBM AIX 5L with HACMP and raw devices. One of my applications, calls an external procedure which hits either of the instances and creates a file which is present in the directory which is mounted on one of the nodes (HACMP). Now the file is created when the external procedure session gets connected to the instance on the node on which the directory partition is mounted, but fails when it hits the other instance which doesnt have the directory partition mounted. (The directory can be mounted only on of the nodes at a time (not a shared subsystem) due to OS Cluster (HACMP) dependency. How can i overcome this problem without changing my existing setup
Users accessing multiple schemas   (189 Views)
We have data mart and data warehouse under one instance. Some users user DM (DM has multiple schemas) and some users use DW (one schema) and some users access objects from both (DW and DM). Can someone please let me know the best way to find what objects/schemas each user has access to or is allowed to (10g database) I have 171 users defined.
accessing Oracle 10g express edition from a ASP.net MVC Application   (139 Views)
I wanted the step by step connection details of connecting Oracle 10g express edition to a ASP.net MVC application. Please let me know .. if at all I have to install any dlls for the same and what are the pre-requisites for the same.
Error in accessing dbase IV files   (88 Views)
I am trying to access dbase IV data files from my .net application which are used by another application at the same time. I works fine when only my application runs. Error message: "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Tr20090617'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly." My Code: privateDataSetGetData() { DataSetds=newDataSet(); try { stringstrCon="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource=F:\\ProgramFiles\\CASSTECH\\SmartGuardv5.5.4.0\\LogData\\;ExtendedProperties=dBASEIV;UserID=Admin;Password="; stringQuery="select*FROMtr20090616orderbydate,time";//filenameformat:tr20090616.dbf,tr20090617.dbf,tr20090618.dbf...... OleDbConnectioncon=newOleDbConnection(strCon); OleDbCommandcmd=newOleDbCommand(Query,con); OleDbDataAdapterda=newOleDbDataAdapter(cmd); if(con.State!=ConnectionState.Open) { con.Open(); } da.Fill(ds);//errorgivesrighthere } catch{} returnds; } How can I solve this problem Please help.
Sql server accessing Sybase DB - Error converting data type DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP to datetime   (308 Views)
I am using Sql server 2008 and trying to access some date fields in sybase using the following query selectdistinctTIMESTAMP,M_IDENTITY,M_ACCRUAL,M_ACCTYPE,M_AL,M_AMORT_TYPE,M_CONVENTION,M_CONVERTIBL,M_CURR_AMT,M_CURR_CAP,M_DEALTIME,M_D_ALM_STRA,M_D_BLOCKPAY,M_D_BRDATE01 ,M_D_BRDATE02,M_D_BRDATE03,M_D_BRDATE04,M_D_BRDATE05,M_D_BRDATE06,M_D_BRDATE07,M_D_BRDATE08,M_D_BRDATE09,M_D_BRDATE10,M_D_CUSTACC,M_D_CUSTPOS,M_D_DERIVTYP ,M_D_DISCMARG,M_D_FSTFLOW,M_D_FUNDEDNB,M_D_HEDGETYP,M_D_HM,M_D_IFRS_GRO,M_D_IFRS_MAC,M_D_INSTRUM,M_D_IRS_OFFS,M_D_MATURITY,M_D_MKT_DB,M_D_MUTBRRUL,M_D_RATE ,M_D_STRATEGY,M_D_SWAPINS,M_D_TRUSTNB,M_FREQUENCY,M_GUARANTOR,M_ISSUER,M_LSTMNT,'',M_MX_REF_JOB,M_NB,M_PAY_CURR,M_PAY_REC,M_REF_DATA,M_SEQ ,M_SPREAD,M_TENOR,M_TP_BROKER0,M_TP_BROKER1,M_TP_BROKER2,M_TP_BROKER3,M_TP_BUY,M_TP_CMNT0,M_TP_CMNT1,M_TP_CMNT2,M_TP_CNTRP,M_TP_CP,M_TP_DTEEXP,M_TP_DTEFLWF ,M_TP_DTELST,M_TP_DTESYS,M_TP_DTETRN,M_TP_ENTITY,M_TP_FEE0,M_TP_FEE1,M_TP_FEE2,M_TP_FEE3,M_TP_INT,M_TP_IPAYDTE,M_TP_IQTY,M_TP_LQTY2,M_TP_MOPLST,M_TP_MOPLSTL ,M_TP_NOMCUR,M_TP_NOMINAL,M_TP_PFOLIO,M_TP_PRICE,M_TP_RTDPC02,M_TP_RTDPC12,M_TP_RTDPN02,M_TP_RTDPN12,M_TP_RTDPP02,M_TP_RTDPP12,M_TP_RTFVB,M_TP_SECCDI ,M_TP_SECCOD,M_TP_STATUS2,M_TP_STRTGY,M_TP_TRADER,M_TP_TRNTYPE,M_TP_TYPO,M_TP_VALSTAT,M_TP_YIELD,M_TRN_FMLY,M_TRN_GRP,M_VERDATE,M_VOPER,M_D_SPBA_MID fromMXPRD211.PROD01REP.MUREXDB.EXTRACT_TRNSCTNS_REP; It throws an error "Error converting data type DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP to datetime." I had added a linked server which pointsODBC using "SYBASE driver 4.20.00.67". The same query works in another server where the Sybase driver version is 3.11.00.01. I can add the old driver but not finding the old driver to download, is there any alternative to over come.
Issue accessing table having spatial column   (330 Views)
We use pure asp pages in our application. In one of the sql query we have select * from a table where oracle spatial column is present. The same query runs fine when the oracle spatial column is removed. If anyone has come across this issue please let me know the solution.
accessing a Visual FoxPro database   (304 Views)
I have an vb/asp.net application that needs to access a Visual FoxPro database. Every time I try to connect and read data - I get an error saying that I am missing a .dll file. I assume that this is the 'database engine' for Foxpro db files. My question: how can I install the Visual FoxPro ole db etc so that I can access Foxpro data from my webpage I have tried searching on the MS web site but I cannot seem to find anything that will install the Foxpro components that I need. Cheers.
ASP.NET and directory security (accessing a share on another machine)   (341 Views)
Hi all, I come from a win forms background, and am building a web site that needs to interface to a FOXPRO database (DBF files). My problem is as follows: I have created a virtual directory on the same machine as where the DBF files are located. I have created a share for the DBF files, and I've given the \ASPNET account access to this folder where they are residing. My code to connect to the folder where the DBF files are located is basically as follows: 1. Connect to a DLL which authenticates our users according to , and where the DBF files are. 2. IF the connect is successful, continue processing any queries through Visual FoxPro OLEDB PRovider 8.0 to the data. This works fine if I am testing on the machine locally, i.e the web project is opened on the machine - in this case my development machine - and it connects to the Foxpro Database folder - also on my development machine - successfully. If I try to connect to that same database and project from another machine I get security warning, " the specified file does not exist" . I use System.IO.File.Exists to see if I can access one of the files in the folder specified, but get access denied. What do I need to setup in terms of permissions to access a FOLDER on another machine via asp.net, or what do I need to do
Null reference Error while accessing Lotus Notes   (222 Views)
I am working on ASP.net with C#. I am trying to connect to Lotus Notes 5.0 through its COM facility. I am able toexecute it at first Time. But after 2nd or 3rd execution it shows following error message. calledSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters) at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.VBBinder.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Type objType, IReflect objIReflect, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) at NotesLoader.DataLoader.GetData(ArrayList& liEmp, ArrayList& liOffice, String strNotesPwd, String strServerName, String strNotesDbName, String strViewOne, String strViewTwo) at TrainingDB.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\lotusconn\trainingdb\global.asax.cs:line 129 I have to restart machine to work on Lotus Notes again. This program works fine in VB with similar coding steps. Can any one help me to resolve this problem.
Error accessing MYSQL stored procedure   (276 Views)
I am using the below code to connect MYSQL stored procedure from my ASP.NET code. When executed, I am getting an error MySQL stored procedure: CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` PROCEDURE `CheckLogin`(Userlogin text, Userpassword text) BEGIN select studentid from studentmaster where loginname=Userlogin and LoginPassword =AES_ENCRYPT(Userpassword,9000); END My ASP.NET calling code: public int CheckStudentLogin(string LoginName, string Password) { try { { OdbcConnection sqlConn = new OdbcConnection(ConString); sqlConn.Open(); OdbcCommand myCommand=new OdbcCommand(); myCommand.CommandText= "CheckLogin"; myCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; myCommand.Connection = sqlConn; myCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue( "@UserLogin","UserID"); myCommand.Parameters[ "@UserLogin"].Direction = ParameterDirection.Input; myCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue( "@UserPassword", "password123"); myCommand.Parameters[ "@UserPassword"].Direction = ParameterDirection.Input; myCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue( "@StudentID", OdbcType.Int); myCommand.Parameters[ "@StudentID"].Direction = ParameterDirection.Output; int StudID = myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(); sqlConn.Close(); return StudID; } } finally { } } ERROR: Server Error in '/Intranet' Application. ERROR [23000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.27-community-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CheckLogin' at line 1 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [23000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.27-community-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CheckLogin' at line 1 Source Error: Line 221: Line 222: Line 223: int StudID = myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(); Line 224: Line 225: sqlConn.Close(); Source File: e:\App_Code\DAL.cs Line: 223 Stack Trace:
Read/Write Excel file with formulas and accessing cell ranges   (214 Views)
I need to read and write data to some specific cells in an excel file. I want to send some values to cells from front end i.e asp.net web page and after calculation from excel the value should be send again to asp.net Example if cell A1 = 10 Cell B1 = 20 then C1 cell should have value of A1 + B1 i.e 30 should be displayed and this cell C1 value should be fetched and displayed in ASP.NET Page or some front end Secondly is it possible to use formula and ranges from asp.net
error in stored proc   (376 Views)
Hi , I am trying to access a stored procedure in oracle from my .net code and sometimes I get the error, ORA-01012: not logged on\nProcess ID: 5628\nSession ID: 299 Serial number: 35 sometimes, i don't get the error at all. I am not sure why I keep getting this error and if I wait for few minutes to run the code then this error goes away.
Read cursor and varchar2 from storedprocedure   (254 Views)
Procedure example: CREATEORREPLACEPACKAGECURSPKGAS TYPET_CURSORISREFCURSOR; PROCEDUREXPTO(TESTOUTVARCHAR2, DEPTCURSOROUTT_CURSOR); ENDCURSPKG; CREATEORREPLACEPACKAGEBODYCURSPKGAS PROCEDUREXPTO (TESTOUTVARCHAR2, DEPTCURSOROUTT_CURSOR) IS BEGIN TESTE:='YES'; OPENDEPTCURSORFORSELECTID, NAMEFROMDEPART; END; ENDCURSPKG; OracleCommand cursCmd = new OracleCommand("CURSPKG.XPTO", oraConn); cursCmd.Parameters.Add("TEST", OracleType.Varchar).Direction = ParameterDirection.Output; cursCmd.Parameters.Add("DEPTCURSOR", OracleType.Cursor).Direction = ParameterDirection.Output; Now I want to know what method I should use to execute procedure and How I read cursor and varchar. I know how to read if it return only cursor, but varchar and cursor as output I dont know how to do it.
Getting the right type for Oracle parameters passed into a stored proc   (164 Views)
. I have a stored proc that takes like 28 parameters. Those parameters are divided into at least 3 different types of variables for the stored proc. My application pulls these variables out of an xml file programatically (at runtime). I heard on the grapevine somewhere that all you had to do for this to work was input the variables in the correct order into the stored proc and Oracle would convert the data into the right type... Well, I trusted that info, and now I am getting Oracle errors... "ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement" returned to me... I am guessing it is because I am attempting to pass in strings... First question, can you actually just pass in strings and have Oracle translate them into the correct data type(I know, it sounds to good to be true), second question builds on the first. IF you can do that, how would you go about it Here is kindof what I did... using(OracleConnectionconn=newOracleConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ACODBConnectionString"].ConnectionString)) { using(OracleCommandcmd=newOracleCommand(sProc,conn)) { inti=0; foreach(stringpathinpaths) { stringOracleParam; xAttribute=AcoXMLDoc.SelectSingleNode(string.Format("//dataTemplateSpecification/templates/template/elements/element[@name='{0}']",path)).Attributes["value"]; if((xAttribute.Value==null)) { OracleParam=""; cmd.Parameters.Add(colName[i],OracleParam); } else { OracleParam=xAttribute.Value; cmd.Parameters.Add(colName[i],OracleParam); } i++; } conn.Open(); outcome=cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); } } Bytheway,IamusingODP.NET
Create stored procedure from asp.net   (206 Views)
we are creating a custom report tool, which could be used for generate the report as per end user's needs. In that we are providing an option as user could create a query and procedure as well. In sql server we can use "EXEC" function for execute dynamic query. Could anyone help me for create the dynamic query in Oracle I just tried with "execute immediate", which would throws error as "insufficient privileges". Please help me.
reading from excel file with warning 'number stored as text'   (245 Views)
in my application i have to read from an excel files and check the value of every cell i'm using an OleDb connection to open it and reading but i have this issue if some of the cells in the excel sheet is having this warning when i try to read it returns DBNull could any one give me a clue ....knowing that i can not force the user for not having this warning ...i have to solve this within my code ...any advices ....and plz if anything is not clear ask about
Are parameter driven stored procedures available in ODP?   (142 Views)
, Our Oracle database is version 9i. I am running a vb.net - VS 2005 applicationusing the oracle dataAccess Client. I have my select queries hard coded into the programs and supply the 'where' criteria for the query (for example): Dim SqlQuery As String = "SELECT usernumbers .... ", productname," & _ "WHERE Usernumbers = " & variUserNumber NewOracleConnection.Open() DimOracleCommandAsNewOracleCommand(SqlQuery,NewOracleConnection) DimOR_DataAdapterAsNewOracleDataAdapter(OracleCommand) DimOR_DataTableAsNewDataTable() OR_DataAdapter.Fill(OR_DataTable) GridView3.DataSource=OR_DataTable GridView3.DataBind() I want the abiltity to move the hard coded query into a stored procedure(), where I can sendthe parameters needed to run the query. I use Sql Developer to manage the Oracle tables and it is in here I will build the'stored procedure'. First question: Being somewhat new to Oracle, is a 'stored procedure' what I actuallywant I ask this because when I was usingAccess databases, they were called 'Stored Queries'. Second question: If a'stored procedure' is what I need, can you give me an examplein VB as to how to run one (with parameters) I'll then start the research as to how to actuallybuild the storedprocedure.
SQL Reporting Service - how to query both Sharepoint list and SQL database within a stored procedure/SQL Reporting Query?   (140 Views)
I have VS 2008, SQL 2005, SQL Reporting Services and SharePoint v3. The application is written in ASP.NET. On SQL Reporting: 1. I succeed in creating an aspx page that produce SQL Reporting via SQL 2005 database. The database called XYZ. 2. I succeed in creating a query on SQL Reporting via SharePoint list (GetListItems). The SharePoint list is called ABC. Now, my question is on SQL Reporting (SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005), how do i make query to both XYZ and ABC For example: XYZ have aID, bname andcStatus columns ABC have owsID, owsNameOwner, OwsApproval, OwsVersion, OwsStartTime, OwsStartEnd and OwsComment columns I restate again; XYZ is a SQL Server Database 2005 and ABC is a SharePoint v3! On SQL Reporting 2005, how can I query both XYZ and ABC like Select aID, bName, cStatus, (select owsID from ABC as ABC1 where ABC1.owsID=XYZ.aID) as IDCode, (select owsNameOwner from ABC as ABC2 where ABC2.owsID=XYZ.aID) as NameOwner, (select owsApproval from ABC as ABC3 where ABC3.owsID=XYZ.aID) as Approval, (select OwsVersion from ABC as ABC4 where ABC4.owsID=XYZ.aID) as Version, (select OwsStartTime from ABC as ABC5 where ABC5.owsID=XYZ.aID) as StartTime, (select OwsStartEnd from ABC as ABC6 where ABC6.owsID=XYZ.aID) as StartEnd from XZY My SQL Report will look like this: aID bName Cstatus IDCode NameOwner Approval Version Starttime Startend 1 aaaa failed 1111 John John B 12.12.12 12/12/200709:00 13/12/2009 17:00 2 bbbb successful 3123 John Vicky A 12.12.15 12/12/200709:00 13/12/2009 17:00 .. ... .... Do I make any sense