SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Using dll files

Its been a while since I've use dlls for any projects, but recently after
acquiring a Velleman USB board I decided I'd like to make use of it.

The problem is, previously I experimented using eraserext.dll (from eraser)
within a plugin for another program and it didn't seem to get along very
well.

Can dll's be used from other dll's or plugins generally - I've assumed no
from past experience but I'd really like to create a plugin for an existing
program using Max components TPlugin which will make use of the USB
hardware. Unfortunately the only way to communicate with the hardware is
through a dll file!

Is this possible or am I going to end up chasing my tail round in circles

Posted On: Friday 21st of September 2012 05:23:12 AM Total Views:  405
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

D2007: AV when compile & run using BPLs   (207 Views)
I am getting an AV when I compile and run with BPLs. (with BPLs, my app compiles so much faster--it's 27 megs without BPLs, 10 with). The AV is: --------------------------- Debugger Fault Notification --------------------------- Project C:\trak\trak.exe faulted with message: 'access violation at 0x7c937a50: write of address 0x00040f74'. Process Stopped. Use Step or Run to continue. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Am I correct to lok for modules loaded at the $7c937a50 adress If so, the closes items are: I see the list of the DLLs & BPLS that are loaded--the only thing close to the address is ntdll.dll and Shell32.dll: Module Load: ntdll.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $7C900000. Process trak.exe (5848) Module Load: SHELL32.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $7C9C0000. Process trak.exe (5848) So it would seem that the AV occurs in the ntdll.dll, correct Which doesn't really tell me much. My only guess for moving this forward would be to remove BPLs from the list until the AV is gone, then examine that BPL. Or is there a better method
FileCopy and filesharing   (155 Views)
, Currently when a file is opened/viewed in my editor I require that the file is not opened for write access by another application, i.e. I use the fmShareDenyWrite flag when creating a file stream. Now I wondered why Explorer allows to copy a file in such a state (locked for writing). Will this not cause consistency problems What if the file grows or shrinks while copying If Explorer doesn't lock the file (it can't since the other app has it write-locked) how does it achieve consistency and avoid problems