SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Re: delphi without dfm

Francisco Sanchez wrote:

>
>
> we have a library which does exactly that: compresses, encrypts and
> obfuscates dfms. It's called Citadel (http://www.billeniumsoft.com)

Very Interesting.

Are there any known issues (Vista etc)
Can the component be used for encrypting other resources (such as bitmaps,
incorporated into the executable using $R) as well

Also, I notice the latest version is for Delphi 2006, not 2007.
Will this component also support Delphi 2008 etc

--
Arthur Hoornweg

(In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net"
from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact
including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to
counteract unsollicited mail.)

Posted On: Tuesday 16th of October 2012 03:54:00 AM Total Views:  362
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

How can I share code or create a static library in Delphi ?   (169 Views)
I have two related projects in my project group (Delphi 10, BDS 2006) that share a number of files, in a tree like this: ProjectGroup - Common - Utils.pas - ZLib.pas - Components.pas - GraphicApp.exe - MainApp.pas - GUI.pas - ConsoleApp.exe - MainConsole.pas - CLI.pas Now GraphicApp and ConsoleApp projects both use files in project Common. I would like Common to be some sort of a library project, library that GraphicApp and ConsoleApp would depend on. Does Delphi have native libraries Or can I set it somehow to output even a C++ like .lib file, and then use it in my other projects But I would still like to have types and forms in my library, and I am afraid this is hard to do with a .lib file I tried to create project Common as a package project, but then it would create a run-time file Common.bpl which works kind of like a ..dll, only in a Borlad - specific format. Meaning it has to stay near the executable, which my clients might not like, or be included in the system's PATH variable. I do not want any dll or dynamic libraries, I only have a number of source files that I want to use in both projects and what I need is a static library or some object files of some kind. Can I create a package like a static library, that would be linked in at compile time Does Delphi have a native static library format Or can I have some kind of project that just compiles the .pas files to .dcu files and then puts them somewhere, where I can use them in the other projects Every kind of project I saw wants to output some sort of executable, different than the .dcu files. Kind regards, Timothy Madden
[Error] JD.dpk(39): Package 'JD' already contains unit 'JdUserManager'   (172 Views)
Hi Got problems with the error message in the subject for my component package. This is the contents of the .dpk: package JD; {$R *.res} {$R 'JdUPNP.dcr'} {$ALIGN 8} {$ASSERTIONS ON} {$BOOLEVAL OFF} {$DEBUGINFO ON} {$EXTENDEDSYNTAX ON} {$IMPORTEDDATA ON} {$IOCHECKS ON} {$LOCALSYMBOLS ON} {$LONGSTRINGS ON} {$OPENSTRINGS ON} {$OPTIMIZATION ON} {$OVERFLOWCHECKS OFF} {$RANGECHECKS OFF} {$REFERENCEINFO ON} {$SAFEDIVIDE OFF} {$STACKFRAMES OFF} {$TYPEDADDRESS OFF} {$VARSTRINGCHECKS ON} {$WRITEABLECONST OFF} {$MINENUMSIZE 1} {$IMAGEBASE $400000} {$DESCRIPTION 'Jamie Dales Components'} {$IMPLICITBUILD OFF} requires rtl, vcl, designide; {%ToDo 'JD.todo'} contains JdUserManager in 'JdUserManager.pas', NATUPNPLib_TLB in 'NATUPNPLib_TLB.pas', JdUPNP in 'JdUPNP.pas', JdPropEditors in 'JdPropEditors.pas';
problem with regexp   (203 Views)
hi there, i'm having problem with regular expression on file, the problem was the match found always bigger or smaller than the actual match (same regex pattern) found using regular expression testing tool (i use RegexBuddy, http://www.regexbuddy.com/), i think the problem was in buffer size that i can't decide how it should big or maybe something else currently i use regular expression component from : http://www.regular-expressions.info/delphi.html all i want is to have a code that can read exact match found like when we use regex tools, say if RegexBuddy can found 85000 match, my app should do that too, not only found 84000 match or 86000 match but exactly 85000 (using same regex pattern) screenshot : http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3448/testrh0.jpg code snippet : {begin code} procedure TForm1.btn1Click(Sender: TObject); const BUF_SIZE = $8000; //dunno how big it should var FS : TFileStream; BUFF : array[0..BUF_SIZE -1]of Char; begin if OpenDialog1.Execute then begin ListBox1.Items.BeginUpdate; ListBox1.Items.Clear; PRE.Regex := '\d{14}[NS]\d{9}[EW]\d{4}(...)\d{6}T\d'; //my pattern goes here FS := TFileStream.Create(OpenDialog1.FileName, fmOpenRead); FS.Position := 0; while FS.Position < FS.Size do begin if GetKeyState(VK_Escape) and 128=128 then //press esc to abort loop Break; FS.Read(BUFF, SizeOf(BUFF)); PRE.Subject := BUFF; if PRE.Match then begin ListBox1.Items.Add(PRE.MatchedExpression); while PRE.MatchAgain do ListBox1.Items.Add(PRE.MatchedExpression); Application.ProcessMessages; end; end; ListBox1.Items.EndUpdate; ShowMessage('Done'); //only for notify end; end; {end code}
compiling takes forever in Delphi 2007 + completion is slow SOLVED!!!!   (84 Views)
WOW.... your not going to believe this... my Spysweeper was running as a service in Vista. I'm like hmmm. strange uninstalled the program and now it's a 10000% speed improvement. compiling is now 2-5 seconds and the code completion has no lag at all anymore.. even when you make a typo.. thought i would share the result.... maybe there are others that are using spysweeper..
How to use Multireadexclusivewrite Synchroniser?   (146 Views)
I want to write a multithreaded program. The threads use shared memory. I saw the Criticalsection methode, but I hope Multireadexclusivewrite methode is better because the shared memory changes eventually but read many times. I did not find any short (working) example how to use it. Can one give me a short example. Delphi help is not enough for me. I use Delphi5. Thank you in advanced. Tgabor language.delphi.win32 --- posted by geoForum on http://delphi.newswhat.com
Is BDS 2006 Enterprise full featured C# compiler?   (222 Views)
, I have BDS2006 Enterprise and a potential customer who want's a webapplication in C#. So I wander if there are traps when I use BDS2006 for this. I did make Win32 and ASPNet applications with it and for once tried to open a C# project and the latter failed on some files. Is it safe to start a web development in C# with a SQL-Server database
How can i load TImage picture from a TMemoryStream that contain TJpeg data?   (224 Views)
"Ahmadi" wrote in message news:486e356f@newsgroups.borland.com... > How can i load TImage picture from a TMemoryStream that contain TJpeg > data You have to load the TMemoryStream into a TJPEGImage, and then you can Assign() that to the TImage.Picture property. > jp:=TJPEGImage.Create; Since you already have the TJPEGImage, you can get rid of the TMemoryStream completely, ie: var jp: TJPEGImage; begin ... jp := TJPEGImage.Create; try ... Image1.Picture.Assign(jp); finally jp.free; end; ... end; Gambit
RFC: Type inference   (91 Views)
Hi , Many fellows around here ( ;-) ) asks about type inference in Delphi. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_inference for more details. The proposed syntax would be: 1.) For variables: var foo; //inferenced a, b, c: string; //normal vars i, j, k: integer; //more normal vars ... 2.) For procedures: procedure Foo(bar, var baz; aNormalArg: integer); FTR, we have already some 'oddities' in Delphi related to our theme: Read([var F: File;] V1, V2, [..VN]); //a true 'magic' declaration :-) //the same stands for Write Val(S: string; var V; var Code: integer); //what's the type of 'V' Str(x: [:Width[ecimals]; var S: string); //wheeee...!!! 3.) For functions: function Foo(bar, var baz; aNormalArg: integer):; ....here I'm not so sure about the syntax. I put the : at the end to show that the result is inferenced. But perhaps isn't so readable Comments Thoughts -- m. th.
Faster TFileStream   (67 Views)
Do you now if TFileStream (FileWrite etc.) uses an internal Windows memory buffer If not, I will probably try write another stream class that uses an internal memory buffer (one than can grow, but never shrink) and then write-to-file once in a while (clearing the internal memory buffer). best regards Thomas Schulz
Annoying DbgBreakPoint in D7   (130 Views)
For some reason my app stops with a CPU window at a DbgBreakPoint when running from D7 IDE and calling a Com object, but no such CPU window pops up when using D2006: .... ntdll.DbgBreakPoint 7C9012OE CC int 3 7C9012OF C3 int 3
Where to install BPL files   (114 Views)
What would be a good folder to use for storing the Delphi runtime BPL files It appears that most apps place them in the \Windows\System32 folder. Would this be a problem with XP or Vista TIA, Glynn
D2007 cannot resolve Forms   (165 Views)
I'm a bit puzzled about D2007. I have a project which *is* compiling and executes. But the IDE keeps on complaining about an 'unresolved unit Forms' and proceeds to treat any items exported from the Forms unit as errors. D2007 compiles ok. The project runs without any errors. I don't understand. It just suddenly happened today. It didn't have this error the last time I ran D2007. Now when I just closed D2007 and re-opened it and opened the project, the errors are gone. I'm confused about this IDE. Any clarifications appreciated. Edmund
GetWindowThreadProcessId   (90 Views)
I'm tring to find the handle of a window belonging to a particular process using this function function EnumWindowsFunc(HWND : Thandle; Param : Integer): BOOL; stdcall; var x, pid : DWORD; begin x := GetWindowThreadProcessId(HWND, pid); some code to detrmine if it is the right window end; When the GetWindowThreadProcessId function is called I get an acces vialoation. The same thing happens if I replace the call with any of x := GetWindowThreadProcessId(HWND, @pid); GetWindowThreadProcessId(HWND, pid); GetWindowThreadProcessId(HWND, @pid); What am I doing wrong
Can I execute code strored in a variable?   (153 Views)
I am attempting to store some actual code in a string variable. I would then like to read and then execute that code at runtime. Is this possible In otherwords, something like this: x123 = 'for i := 0 to 10 do callFunc('123')'; xABC = 'for i := 0 to 10 do callFunc('ABC')'; if var = x then x123 else xABC; I assume if its possible I would need to wrap the above in some function to make this work ... ('if var = x then ' + x123 + ' else ' + xABC); Anyone got any ideas PS - In case its relevant, Im actually attempting to store code in a dB table so that advanced users can modify the code at certain points without having to recompile. The above just simplifies the explanation.
Memory usage when images are created   (127 Views)
Eureka report some memory leak problems for this procedure: procedure TEffectForm.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin Applied:=True; bDib:=0; IsInPalette:=False; PalCombo.ItemIndex:=0; Closing:=False; Ilr:=TILRubberBand.Create(Self); InProc:=False; WhatMotion:=1; brShapeCombo.itemindex:=0; RShape:=3; FImage :=TILPImage.Create(Self); with FImage do begin Parent:=Panel5; Align:=alClient; ILD.DibBitmap:=nil; OnMouseDown:=Image1MouseDown; OnMouseMove:=Image1MouseMove; OnMouseUp:=Image1MouseUp; OnPaint:=Image1Paint; // FStretched := False; end; PasteFImage :=TILPImage.Create(Self); with PasteFImage do begin Parent:=Panel16; Align:=alClient; ILD.DibBitmap:=nil; Visible:=True; Enabled:=True; // FStretched := False; end; ShapeImage1:=ShapeImage.Create(self); with ShapeImage1 do begin Parent:=Panel5; Left := 0; Top := 0; Width := FImage.Width; Height := FImage.Height; Color := clBtnFace; Visible:=False; end; bDib:=0; MaskColor:=clBlack; BackGroundColor:=clBtnface; ForeGroundColor:=clBtnface; iX:=0; iY:=0; iXX:=FImage.Width; iYY:=FImage.Height; InProc:=False; OldHint:=Application.OnHint; Application.OnHint := DisplayHint; IlPagesChange(nil); FIniFileName :='Filtre.Ini'; bFXN:=True; end; Indeed, Images are created when the form itself is created but they are released when the form is Closed & Detroyed: ... FImage.Free; PasteFImage.Free; ShapeImage1.Free; ILR.Free; ... Moreover, i do obseve (in task manager) a great deal of memory lost (or kept by the process) each time i use this code. Is it a normal situation dealing with pictures or is it just the way task manager deals with memory - a rather imprecise measure of the programs actual memory use
Re: FastMM Still Required?   (156 Views)
On 2008-04-17, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote: > > "Alan Rose" wrote in message > news:48068e79$1@newsgroups.borland.com... > >> Hi I understand some of the memory management routines >> in FasttMM is now in the recent versions of Delphi. > > Not some - all. FastMM is the new memory manager now. The old Borland > memory manager is gone. One can still dl it off BDN. I run D2006 with the old one.
Online registration?   (101 Views)
Given the fact that Embarcadero doesn't own the "borland.com" domain, what'll happen to online activation of older Delphi versions -- Arthur Hoornweg (In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net" from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to counteract unsollicited mail.)
Embarcadero's Director of Product's Blog   (105 Views)
http://metafrequency.blogspot.com/20...-codegear.html -- Nick Hodges Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear http://blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges
Re: Breaking out of a while loop   (128 Views)
Scott.thornton wrote: > > Apologies if my question is a bit of newbie question..... > > Say my form has a button, which begins a section of code within a > while loop. > > My code will stop processing if I change a database value (in a > seprate application) but I would like to know if it possible to write > code so that the program will stop executing (regardless of the > execution state in the while loop) > > For example if the close button was clicked on the form, I'd want the > program to close. Currently it wont as the 'focus' ( not the right > terminolgy I am sure) is within the while loop. I'm not sure what you're looking for, and that might also be the reason, why you didn't get answers from others. Do you mean, the button is inactive It's not responding to a click Look at Application.ProcessMessages in the online help. You can break out of a while loop programatically with "Break;". Felix
Embarcadero and Firebird/Interbase   (78 Views)
Just now, when CodeGear was signing that we would have an approximation between Delphi and Firebird after a long time far due the effects of the not well solved Interbase code opening, Delphi falls in the hands of another DB company... What we can expect related to Firebird compatibility Worse, what can we expect about Interbase future