the new drivermodel, witch is since w2000. Now i have a HP ColLaserJet
1600 (same as 2600). application can use this printer, the IDE too,
but programms, compiled with D2007 crash. Any ideas

regards
Ernst Gerlach (germany, bad english)

Posted On: Monday 8th of October 2012 05:58:05 AM Total Views:  387
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

"Enable Runtime Themes" blocks running from external programs   (158 Views)
Hope someone has encountered this and can explain. Can't find it documented. I have several apps created in Delphi that can be called from 3rd party programs. Recently I upgraded from an old Delphi to Delphi 2007. I am running in XP. When I compile with "Enable Runtime Themes", the compiled apps seem to no longer recognize the calls from the 3-party programs. As best as I can tell, the apps are not opening at all, as if external calls are blocked. EXCEPT, I can run each of my apps from the other, although to do so I had to modify the ShellExecute command in the calling program by setting the Handle parameter to 0 (instead of a handle variable.) So the apps are clearly able to receive a run command from another app, but for some reason not from the 3rd-party apps. If I turn off "Enable Runtime Themes", everything works fine. Any ideas
What languages is Embarcadero's ER/Studio written in?   (74 Views)
Since I had never heard of Embarcadero until the acquisition of codegear, I downloaded a trial of ER/Studio. It looks like a C++/MFC application, and it uses a VB-compatible macro language called SaxBasic. Does anybody know what language it's written in It definitely doesn't look like it was written in Delphi. If I didn't know better, I'd say the tools-options dialog looks like it was written in VB. The Ok/Cancel buttons have the classic "borland OWL" look to them, but they're at the TOP of the page. My guess is that not very many of us Delphi-heads are also DBA people, and that the ER/Studio is a big-corporate DBA tool only, am I right Like any non-SQL-industry insider, I was surprised how many /different /database related tools one could have, within one company. I would have expected one big all-singing-all-dancing tool. But then, I do less than 1% database related work and I've been a Delphi-guy since 1.0. When I needs me a database, I whips out me Database Workbench and I writes me my database, and the model is 100% perfect and scalable from zero to a gazillion transactions per second, all without even thinking about it. And indexing Who /does /that W
printing a TRichEdit with fixed columns   (256 Views)
I am using the print method of TRichEdit for printed output in Delphi 6. Columns line up nicely on the screen but when printed to an hp laserjet 2100 spaces are not given full width and columns do not line up. I've tried different fonts and set pitch to fpfixed without success. Any suggestions
Application written in Delphi   (90 Views)
Nick, You have mentioned on the Delphi newsgroup that you are willing to post about applications written in Delphi, so here I am.... not sure if this type of app meets your criteria though. We've written a pretty popular "Field Management Software" called "Pioneer StarTech" for the Service Industry which include for instance HVAC, Plumbing, Pool & Spa repair, Carpet Cleaning, Appliance Repair etc. any company that has technicians on the road could benefit of our application. It manages all the day-to-day operations for these companies, like: Dispatching, Scheduling, Project/Installation tracking, Billing, Inventory, Equipment Tracking, Service Agreements, PDA integration (this feature was not written with Delphi though....) and lots of other stuff as well. So in short would love if you could mention it on the blog. TIA Shloma Baum Pioneer Interactive, Inc. http://www.PioneerInteractive.com
Direct printing to a Epson TM88   (121 Views)
I have Witten a Point of Sale program for my company. I do all my reciept printing with direct port commands: Example: Assignfile(ft, 'LPT1'); rewrite(ft); writeln(ft, lineout); Now I must do signature capture. I have no trouble getting the signature from a Verifone, and saving it as Sign.bmp. My problem is how to size for the 40 column printer, as well as printing on a TM88iii printer from Delphi.
One more interesting App written in Delphi   (91 Views)
This one is called - DBA Manufacturing Next Generation It is a very software for manufacturing firms. It is like an ERP but bloated though and works like a charm. I have downloaded the freeware single user version of DBA though. I am currently evaluating it and borrowing a few UI ides from it for my own soon to be released software! Do check it!
How to show debugging values with mouseover?   (162 Views)
What setting to I change to show variable values when I mouse over the code during debugging I had this working before, but changed something in the settings and can't remember what.
Vista: Unidentified programs wants access to your system   (115 Views)
I have maybe a dozen d2007 programs that I'm working within an xpPro vm with Vista Business as the host. I copy these programs to a network drive on the vista machine and then switch from the vm to vista to verify the appearance and function in vista. So far none of them have asked this uac question when I try to run them. But this latest program that I'm working on, even though it doesn't yet do anything except make an INI file in it's own folder, gets this uac prompt. I've made maybe two dozen tiny test programs to check out something or other and have never seen this problem before. I just copied another test program to the vista drive and it ran fine. The only thing working in this program is the user interface. Everything pops up a showmessage saying that it's doing this or that function. I can't see what's different or why this program has the problem. What the hell! Did something happen to the UAC settings on vista I just tried some of the other programs that I've treated exactly the same and they still start without any bs. I have the service pack 1 on a flash drive but have not installed it on vista yet because I haven't taken the time to image everything first. This is really frustrating. Any ideas what could be causing this uac garbage with just this one program or where I could look for a solution The only thing I can think of to do is start another project and duplicate this, testing every time I add something else to the form until it breaks. What a royal pain. I've got a lot done on this. I'm using a couple of jedi components and a couple of tms components and I've used all of them before with no problems. The only new thing I've used is the tmsmainmenu and their menustyler which makes a really nice mainmenu. Yeah Vista --
Interacting with the formdesigner via OpenTools API?   (113 Views)
Hi! Does anyone know if it's possible to interact with the formdesigner via OpenTools API I would like to create a plug-in that prompts me to set a name for each component I add to the form. It would be nice to hav the name set when the component is added instead of having to grab the mouse, select the component and find the Name property in Object Inspector. To add a button would be like this: 1. Press Ctrl+Alt+P to jump to Component Palette. 2. Type TBut and press enter. 3. Enter OkBtn in the dialog that appears and press enter. The dialog should either display the default name or leave it blank so if you just press enter twice it will be as it is today.
D2007 IDE/Compiler problem with $include file (Synapse)   (121 Views)
all, I am using the wonderful "synapse" library in many projects. However, Delphi 2007 is causing me problems. Whenever I "build" a project that uses synapse, the IDE throws an error in unit SYNSOCK.PAS that it can't open the included file SSWIN32.PAS because it is in use by another application (which is b###shit). If I edit SYNSOCK, remove the $include directive and copy and paste the complete contents of SSWIN32 in its place, everything works as it should so I have a workaround. Any idea what may cause this -- Arthur Hoornweg (In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net" from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to counteract unsollicited mail.)
Need help with EAbstractError   (244 Views)
Help Could someone take a look at this code and tell me how to fix it so that I do not get this error message. I am using Delphi 6. Project MetaDemo.exe raised exception class EAbstractError with message 'Abstract Error'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue. Do you have any Ideas - HELP Mark Moss {-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------} procedure TForm1.Button2Click(Sender: TObject); {Make the MetaFiles} var Size: TSize; ATop, N, Ht: integer; MetaFile: TMetaFile; Strings1:TStringList; Strings2:TStringList; EMF_Strings : TStream; begin Strings1 := TStringList.Create; Strings2 := TStringList.Create; EMF_Strings :=TStream.Create; Strings1.Add('[XML][RequestType]1[/RequestType][CardNumber]462720901201[/CardNumber][/XML]'); Strings2.Add(''); Strings1.SaveToStream(EMF_Strings);
How to insert a "Page Brak" at a set point when printing RichEdit content (oops put in wrong group initially)   (151 Views)
I am printing out RichEdit content. When I print out I add detail at the begining regarding the printout which I remove after the print. I want a "Page Break" to occur at a set point. What do I insert to the RichEdit to tell it that there is a "Page Break" at that set point
Copying a folder with it's contents and subfolders   (86 Views)
I'm trying to do something fairly simple. I just need to copy a folder along with all it's contents to another location. Unfortunately the only way I can find to do it is some huge recursive procedure. Isn't there a simple Delphi command to copy/move folder with contents Or failing that is there a simple, and clean recursive script which I can use to copy the folder & files - Dan
Delphi 7 TADOTable connect to Excel 2007 file with 400 columns in a worksheet   (89 Views)
I use a TADOConnection (e.g. connection1) to connect a Excel 2007 file with about 400 columns in a worksheet, using the following connectionString: Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=D:\temp\exportFG.xlsx;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0;HDR=YES;" when I set the connected properties to true, no error occur. but when i put a TADOTable and set its connection to connection1, tableDirect = true, only 256 columns can be retrieved!! is this a limitation in Delphi 7 components (I know before Excel 2007, a worksheet has maximum 256 columns only) I am using Delphi 7.
Wrong Icon Shown with MessageDlg or TaskMessageDlg   (87 Views)
if ( TaskMessageDlg( 'Warning', 'The image has been modified.' + #13 + 'Save ' + ImageEnView1.IO.Params.FileName + '', mtConfirmation, [ mbYes, mbNo ], 0 ) = mrYes ) then or if ( MessageDlg( 'The image has been modified.' + #13 + 'Save ' + ImageEnView1.IO.Params.FileName + '', mtConfirmation, [ mbYes, mbNo ], 0 ) = mrYes ) then shows a dialog with an "!" icon instead of a "". What is wrong RADStudio 2007 Dec update, Windows Vista Premium
Show message box without pausing   (228 Views)
I want to show the user a message box, but I don't want to pause execution of the rest of the code until after they click the OK button. What's the easiest way to accomplish this Thank you, Dan
Coping with different screen dpi settings   (90 Views)
Many users seem to change their screen dpi to 120 (from the default 96, which I design in). I thought that setting a forms scale property to true would deal with this but it seems not to. In my applications it seems components on the form get scaled but the form itself retains its size (hence needing scroll bars). Is their a tututorial or definitive statement somewhere that says exactly what you have to do to be certain your applications looks the same regardless of end user screen setup If not is anybody prepared to have a go at listing the pitfalls to watch out for here
Problem with Delphi 7 package   (65 Views)
I had a package called "VCLSkin" installed and working perfectly on another machine. They upgraded me and I've spent the last day or so trying to move everything across, re-install applications and so on. One final bit I'm stumped on is the use of this package in my Delphi 7 project. I've followed the instructions, and the controls and package from "VCLSkin" get installed. However, the package is nto selected for my project. So I do this: * Project Options * Packages tab * Find the "VclSkin Design Package" in the list (not selected) * Select this package * Click OK Everything works fine. Then I shut down Delphi 7 and reload, and the package is back to unselected and I have to select it again from scratch. This only happens with this package, not any of the other packages in the list (which store whether they are selected or not). Can anyone help, please
Install package with DLL   (75 Views)
Actually I'm working on an Delphi wrapper for a 3rd party C++ DLL. Since the DLL still is under development, I would like to keep it in a dedicated directory, together with the compiled packages and test programs. While the applications can find the DLL at runtime, D7 refuses to install the compile time packages, because the DLL is not in the (Windows) search path. Did I miss something, or must all DLL's, used by design time packages, reside in directory on the Windows path DoDi
Console App with sort command line args   (147 Views)
I want to create a unix-like filter with stdin/stdout piping. I'm assuming I'll create a Delphi ConsoleApp. I want to use it under linux. I'm hoping I can cross it under Kylix as I have with other Delphi apps. On linux I sort a 5Gig file using the linux sort command (one item per line). I want to stdout the strings in file1 that are not in file2. diff breaks down because it may be a million lines before it finds the match. grep is way too slow. Both files are sorted. If anyone knows a perl or bash script solution I would appreciate it, otherwise I'll create a kylix filter. Does anyone have a console template to pick args off the command line in a unix like way (supporting -, --, and 'stacking options': -a -b -c as -abc (It has to work under kylix as well.) TIA