SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

is there a way to bind delphi control class to generic control window?

I have Combo Box in dialog template. Is there a way to bind delphi TComboBox class to this control in order to manipulate the combo in a simple way

Posted On: Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 03:11:29 AM Total Views:  349
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Do I always have to use try ... finally to clean up in case of exceptions ?   (274 Views)
I would like to use exceptions in my program to spare me all the checkes for the return code from various functions each time I call them. And also to make bugs like Access Violation look like they are handled and not crash my app. The problem is exceptions handlers are at many stack frames (nested called functions) away from the raise point, and in case of an exception all the called functions would return without destroing and freeing class instances created. I think this would cause memory and resource leaks. Do I have to begin each of my functions and procedures with try ... finally to be able to work with exceptions in my program Do I need a nested try ... finally for every class instance I create to be sure it is destroyed Is there a way to have the destructors always called by the language, like when the constructor raises the exception I know, I am used with other environments, but I would like to know how things are in Delphi. Thank you, Timothy Madden
Is there a way to count the number of possible values of an enumeration?   (173 Views)
Hi all. I'm wondering if there is a way to count the values of an enum type. For example the count of type TWeekEnum = (Mon, Tue, Wen, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun); should result in 7.
What would be the fastest way to stuff strings into a stream (and read them back)?   (238 Views)
They are variable length and come from a complicated structure containing TStringHash lists. Theye have to go into a TMemoryStream so that I can write to disk with ZLib compression. I can thinks of two ways 1) Stream a length indication in (4 bytes) then the string data 2) Use delimiters and scan to the delimiters I could implement both and test, but somebody probably already did that ;-) It's not unicode yet (Delphi 6), but I want to be prepared for it (Tiburon).
Is there any simple way of sorting a menu?   (136 Views)
Is there any simple way of sorting a menu I mean a function or method
Delphi library give away   (223 Views)
I have a extensive library of Borland Delphi books and manuals going back to Borland BP7 and Turbo Pascal 2.0 and upward through Delphi 2005. If anyone wants them then send me a email at dennisp at gamail dot com and I will tell you where you can send the prepaid postage to have them shipped to. I am retired and do not need any of them anymore and would rather give it away rather then dump it in the trash. There is even a unopened box of Borland C++ (5.0) that will go along with it all.
Best way to get barcode reading   (167 Views)
If i want to read with a barcode and use the Edit, how to read until the Enter Key Do we use OnChange Event How Thank you
Is there a Special Upgrade Price for BCB6 -> Rad Studio 2007 in the UK   (221 Views)
I've just read the post on 26 June about an upgrade for 127, is there a special offer as good for BCB6 to Rad Studio 2007 I'm desperate to upgrade before RadStudio 2008 comes out (as I guess lots of my 3rd Party Libraries will need updating and a period to settle down after this release), but I can't seem to find any *really* good offers here in the UK. Hope someone can help Chris F
Is there a benefit   (104 Views)
to doing something like emStatus = (emReceived, emDecoded, emRead) over emReceived = 1; emDecoded = 2; emRead = 3; Roy Lambert
is there a way to Prevent Call Stack Window refresh ?   (125 Views)
is there a way to prevent the call stack window from refreshing every time i step over a break point in a debug session for example if i have in the call stack class.TObject.InnerFunction class.TObject.Mainfunc When i'm out innerFunction and step into innerFunction2 I see class.TObject.InnerFunction2 class.TObject.Mainfunc is there a way to configure that window to see the full sequence of the call stack - class.TObject.InnerFunction2 class.TObject.InnerFunction class.TObject.Mainfunc tnx, Roi
Is there a way to get size of typed name List?   (264 Views)
If you have a type tsomeType = (stOne, stAnother, ..., stEtc) I know you can make an array somearray[tsomeType] of whatever, so the compiler obviously knows how many items are in your list. There are times when I'd like to be able to say high(tsometype) or length(tSometype) or something like that, but the compiler will not accept that. Sizeof(tsometype), of course gives the size of the enumerator, not the size of the list. The most frequent need for this is to make sure a value is not outside the range of values but there are also times when I'd like to enumerate over the range of values in the list in a for loop for example. Anyone know of a syntax that will allow me to get the size of the list of enumerators in a given type Or the value of the last item in the list. Hard coding the item (i.e. using the value of the last known item in the list) causes code to break when new items are added. I guess one could always code a dummy item last in the list, but I don't see any evidence that anyone does this. I can also see that one could define a dummy array of tsometype and use that to get the high value. --
sftp component for delphi.net   (445 Views)
Is there a low cost sftp component anyone knows about for .net
Is there a tHeapStatus workalike?   (128 Views)
Tried this query in b.p.d.l.d.win32 and no response. So I'll try it again here. I have a project that I am up-porting from D6 to D2007. It uses tHeapStatus which is marked as deprecated and of course I get compiler warnings. I cannot find any info anywhere about a workaround/substitute for tHeapStatus. Does anybody have any recommendations how I can get rid of tHeapStatus but get the same functionality TIA --- Keith
delphi & activesync 4.5   (477 Views)
Maybe this is not group for this question but I need small help, how to connect my delphi app with pda device which is alredy connected via activesync to my pc I dont need nothing specialy just to share directory and save and read some data from device!
Delphi magazines and books to give away   (88 Views)
I have fairly large collections of The Delphi Magazine, Delphi Informant and some Delphi books to give away to a good home. Anyone interested can contact me directly and have to make arrangements to pick them up within the next week or so (Toronto). --
Is StringList CommaText best way?   (108 Views)
I have a text file (file1) where a line looks like: '"NF4L","Mike R", "123 Main St.", "Albany, GA."' I need to know if data I read from another file (file2) is in file1. I'm constructing a string with the same layout. My thought was to load file1 into a stringlist and manipulate that. If the data is the same I write file2 data to an error file. If the first 'node' (NF4L) matches, but there is a difference in the other data, I replace file1 data with file2. If the first node doesn't match I append file2 data to file1. IndexOf doesn't work with commatext. Is there a built in way with stringlists to do this Is there a better way than a stringlist
Re: delphi without dfm   (472 Views)
Francisco Sanchez wrote: > > > we have a library which does exactly that: compresses, encrypts and > obfuscates dfms. It's called Citadel (http://www.billeniumsoft.com) Very Interesting. Are there any known issues (Vista etc) Can the component be used for encrypting other resources (such as bitmaps, incorporated into the executable using $R) as well Also, I notice the latest version is for Delphi 2006, not 2007. Will this component also support Delphi 2008 etc -- Arthur Hoornweg (In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net" from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to counteract unsollicited mail.)