SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Delphi string to C++ (dll) in procedure call - String or PChar

I'm calling a function in a DLL from Delphi, one of it's parameters is a String in Delphi but a const char* in C++. My question is do I need to turn the Delphi string into a PChar before passing ...

Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 09:52:42 PM Total Views:  591
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

very fast regexp for delphi?   (353 Views)
hi there, i have a problem with application i currently work, i create application that can read data (.dat) generated from GPS (my work only extract data not how GPS will write the data). there was a problem when data file corrupted, so i need to rescue readable data and fortunately the data itself have some specific pattern like this : 06275706129001S106521508E0158269010508T1 and the error would be like asawcier7amdap06281406128995S106520626E0207274010508T1 06281506128989S106520567E0209277010508T2 ..... my first attempt to solve this problem is bypass the line containing error data : readln(InputFile, Data); //treat the input as text file if Data[1] in [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9] then //or something like this, forgot writeln(OutputFile, data); //treat the output as text file it works fast (approx 1-2 minutes), but then i realize, if i use this method i'll lose 1 data every 12 seconds, 5 data every 1 minutes and so on... so my second attempt is to grab error data using regexp, since it still readable and not scrabled, but i worried much about the processing time, do it really fast (i need to process approx 2 million data) i use component from http://regexpstudio.com/ maybe the algo will be like this : (read data in input file ->) regexp and found match pattern -> write data into output file
python for delphi   (354 Views)
Latest version works with python 2.3, anyone knows if the project is still alive
delphi 5 and findfirst function   (357 Views)
I am still happy with Delphi 5 and Windows XP +SP2 Home edition. But I cannot decode the file attribute in my searchrecord. I am using the FindFirst function with srec as the searchrecord. Now when I inspect the found files I find srec.attr to hold an integer with value 8224. The attributeconstants faReadOnly,faHidden,faSysFile etc does not give me such a great number even if I 'or' them all in an integer. Can you explain how to find out how to decode this attr-field
Posting rights in borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using   (318 Views)
Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject '"Richedit line insertion error"', Account: 'newsgroups.codegear.com', Server: 'newsgroups.codegear.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '480 you do not have posting access to {borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using}', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 480, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9 What is the problem here
delphi 2006 Recent Project List   (378 Views)
List, I am trying to change the welcome page on my Delphi 2006 to show more than 5 recent projects. Can anyone point me in the right direction Google only turns up the Jedi Reopener Wizard for D7 and below. Many thanks, - Jon Grewer -- ________ Pastor Bob preached that, "We should wear no clothes to distinguish ourselves from our Christian brethren." He shouldn't be our pastor since he believes in nudity. Besides, I don't want to be that different from our Christian brethren.
delphi application on vista   (416 Views)
Hi I have application made in Delphi 2007 on XP and on XP is working perfectly but on vista it wont start I get the error message Project1.exe has stopped working what should I do
sftp component for delphi.net   (429 Views)
Is there a low cost sftp component anyone knows about for .net
delphi & activesync 4.5   (459 Views)
Maybe this is not group for this question but I need small help, how to connect my delphi app with pda device which is alredy connected via activesync to my pc I dont need nothing specialy just to share directory and save and read some data from device!
Re: delphi without dfm   (451 Views)
Francisco Sanchez wrote: > > > we have a library which does exactly that: compresses, encrypts and > obfuscates dfms. It's called Citadel (http://www.billeniumsoft.com) Very Interesting. Are there any known issues (Vista etc) Can the component be used for encrypting other resources (such as bitmaps, incorporated into the executable using $R) as well Also, I notice the latest version is for Delphi 2006, not 2007. Will this component also support Delphi 2008 etc -- Arthur Hoornweg (In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net" from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to counteract unsollicited mail.)
is there a way to bind delphi control class to generic control window?   (337 Views)
I have Combo Box in dialog template. Is there a way to bind delphi TComboBox class to this control in order to manipulate the combo in a simple way
turbo delphi and vista64   (367 Views)
stevel I have recently bought a new notebook from Dell with Vista (should have taken the XP option) for 645 inv VAT and have installed both D6 & D2006 on it. Things seem to work OK. Roy Lambert
anyone can help? delphi 7 TADOTable cannot connect to 400 columns excel   (479 Views)
I use a TADOConnection (e.g. connection1) to connect a Excel 2007 file with about 400 columns in a worksheet, using the following connectionString: Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=D:\temp\exportFG.xlsx;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0;HDR=YES;" when I set the connected properties to true, no error occur. but when i put a TADOTable and set its connection to connection1, tableDirect = true, only 256 columns can be retrieved!! is this a limitation in Delphi 7 components (I know before Excel 2007, a worksheet has maximum 256 columns only) I am using Delphi 7.
Printing from programs written with delphi 2007 for win32   (418 Views)
i just switched from D4 to D2007, because D4-programms can not know the new drivermodel, witch is since w2000. Now i have a HP ColLaserJet 1600 (same as 2600). application can use this printer, the IDE too, but programms, compiled with D2007 crash. Any ideas regards Ernst Gerlach (germany, bad english)
C fread equivalent in delphi.   (326 Views)
I am translating some c code and it is using fread to parse a file..Is there an equivalent routine in delphi .
windows CE 5.0 and delphi 7   (450 Views)
, Hope you all are keeping well. I need to know how can I write application for Windows CE 5.0. Any clue any example of any simple application will be highly appriciated. Does it requires any third party tools/componets
word to int64 bug (delphi6)   (354 Views)
if you assign "-" of a word-Variable to an int64 one, you get unexpectet results: var aWord:word; ainteger:integer; AInt64:int64; begin aWord:=2; aInteger:=2; AInt64:=-aWord; writeln(inttostr(AInt64)); //you get 4294967294 instead of -2 AInt64:=0-aWord; writeln(inttostr(AInt64)); //-2 AInt64:=-int64(aWord); writeln(inttostr(AInt64)); //-2 AInt64:=-aInteger; writeln(inttostr(AInt64)); //-2 end. I suppose this to be a bug in Delphi 6. Is this still there in Delphi 2007,2008,...
how can i include version info with delphi exe while building with MSBUILD   (648 Views)
I have able to set the version while building delphi executable by using the D2007 by enabling include version information in project. But i am using MSBUILD to build my .dpr in command prompt. I want to include the version info with MSBUILD
Calling C-dll from delphi   (614 Views)
group, trying to translate a .h file for use within delphi. How do I translate typedef void (*GEOSMessageHandler)(const char *fmt, ...); void initGEOS(GEOSMessageHandler notice_function,GEOSMessageHandler error_function); into something useful for Delphi
sftp component for delphi.net   (368 Views)
Is there a low cost sftp component anyone knows about for .net
Re: delphi without dfm   (362 Views)
Francisco Sanchez wrote: > > > we have a library which does exactly that: compresses, encrypts and > obfuscates dfms. It's called Citadel (http://www.billeniumsoft.com) Very Interesting. Are there any known issues (Vista etc) Can the component be used for encrypting other resources (such as bitmaps, incorporated into the executable using $R) as well Also, I notice the latest version is for Delphi 2006, not 2007. Will this component also support Delphi 2008 etc -- Arthur Hoornweg (In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net" from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to counteract unsollicited mail.)