functions.

callText
callAudio
callStatus
callRemove
callTillConfirm

These functions are used to invoke telephone calls from your Python
program. For example, callText is used to call a specified number and
automatically play your text message using text-to-speech engine.

In order for this class to work, you'll need to have Voicent Gateway
installed somewhere in your network. This class simply sends HTTP
request for telephone calls to the gateway. Voicent has a free edition
for the gateway. You can download it from http://www.voicent.com

More information can be found at:
http://www.voicent.com/devnet/docs/pyapi.htm

Thank you and have fun

Posted On: Monday 5th of November 2012 04:17:48 AM Total Views:  177
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

this is simple...   (126 Views)
I am a newbie... and the first to admit it... but this has me stuffed: I have two lists A and B that are both defined as range(1,27) I want to find the entries that are valid for A = BxB so here is my code: A = range(1,27) B = range(1,27) for b in B: if b*b in A: print b else: B.remove(b) I get, as expected 1,4,9,16,25 printed out being the only members of B where the condition is true, but when I print B I get: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25] 1 to 5 is correct, but why doesn't the remove method remove 7 and above What am I doing wrong here
Re: simpleparse - what is wrong with my grammar?   (145 Views)
Laszlo Nagy wrote: > The program below gives me "segmentation fault (core dumped)". > > Environment: > Linux gandalf-desktop 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Tue Feb 12 05:41:34 > UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux > Python 2.5.1 > > What is wrong with my grammar Can it be an internal error in simpleparse > There's no way to tell from here. It's almost certainly a problem with simpleparse. Can you contact the developers of simpleparse There is more you can do on your own: Use a debugger or prints to decide which python line is causing this. (Almost certainly the parse.parse, but *make sure* of that ...) Then start reducing your grammar bit-by-bit until you get a working grammar and so narrow in on the portion that's causing this problem. This way, you may answer your own question, or provide enough information to motivate any knowledgeable volunteers to actually volunteer their time. Good luck. Gary Herron >
Re: Help to translate simple VBA code to Python   (133 Views)
En Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:15:34 -0200, Alexandr N Zamaraev escribi: > I use Bentley MicroStation through Automation interface. > But I do not known how translate some VBA code to Python. Look for the book "Python programming for Win32", by Mark Hammond and Andy Robinson. (The sample chapter available at Amazon is "Introduction to COM") -- Gabriel Genellina
Calling CVF-Fortran-dll with ctypes and simple structure   (198 Views)
Hi all, I deal with the old problem passing characters from python to a fortran dll build with CFV6.6c. I reduced our complex structure to a simple one. Here is the Fortran code: SUBROUTINE DEMO2L(s) C sample for calling CVF6.6c-DLLs from C vb/vba/python with simple structure !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT:EMO2L TYPE rcDEMO INTEGER a REAL b CHARACTER c*9 END TYPE TYPE(rcDEMO) :: s C WRITE(*,*) s.a, s.b, s.c C sample calculation: s.a = s.a*10 s.b = s.b**2.3 s.c = 'Sample' RETURN END From VB the calling is very simple: Declare Sub DEMO2L Lib "release\demo1l.dll" (ByRef k As rcDEMO) Type rcDEMO a As Long b As Single c As String * 9 End Type Dim k As rcDEMO Sub run() k.a = 2 k.b = 3# k.c = "Test" Call DEMO2L(k) Debug.Print k.a, k.b, k.c End Sub and result to: " 20 12,5135 Sample" When I try this from python: from ctypes import * class rcDemo(Structure): _fields_ = [ ('a', c_int), ('b', c_float), ('c', c_char_p), ] mydll = windll.LoadLibrary("release\DEMO1L.DLL") rc = rcDemo() rc.a = 2 rc.b = 3. rc.c = "Test56789" mydll.DEMO2L(byref(rc)) print rc.a print rc.b print ">" + rc.c + "" + rc.c + "
RE: dynamically created names / simple problem   (170 Views)
Brilliant.
Re: simple string formatting question   (144 Views)
Neal Becker wrote: > I have a list of strings (sys.argv actually). I want to print them as a > space-delimited string (actually, the same way they went into the command > line, so I can cut and paste) > > So if I run my program like: > ./my_prog a b c d > > I want it to print: > > './my_prog' 'a' 'b' 'c' 'd' > > Just print sys.argv will almost work, but it's comma-delimited. > > There must be some clever way to do this. Any ideas > > Use repr to get the quotes around each output arg, and use join on a space to the the space delimited string. >>> theList = ['./whatever', 'a', 'b', 'c'] >>> print ' '.join([repr(i) for i in theList]) './whatever' 'a' 'b' 'c' Gary Herron
Any simpler way to do this   (128 Views)
I have a function that looks like this: def Chooser(color): if color == "RED": x = term.RED elif color == "BLUE": x = term.BLUE elif color == "GREEN": x = term.GREEN elif color == "YELLOW": x = term.YELLOW elif color == "CYAN": x = term.CYAN elif color == "MAGENTA": x = term.MAGENTA return x Wouldn there been easier if I could just skip all the "*if's" and just "return term.color", however this gives a syntax error, are there any clever way to do this -- Lars Johansen
Re: Any simpler way to do this   (142 Views)
Lars Johansen wrote: > I have a function that looks like this: > > def Chooser(color): > > if color == "RED": > x = term.RED > elif color == "BLUE": > x = term.BLUE > elif color == "GREEN": > x = term.GREEN > elif color == "YELLOW": > x = term.YELLOW > elif color == "CYAN": > x = term.CYAN > elif color == "MAGENTA": > x = term.MAGENTA > return x return getattr(term, color, color) Christian
win computer, answer a simple question.......   (214 Views)
Do You Want To Learn How To Make Money Online Without Spending Single Peny Do You Want To Generate Income While Sleeping,Playing, Enjoying etc..... Do You Want To Build Your Online Business EmpireYes, You Can Make Money Online Now.... Just Goto the Links Below & Get Complete Information absolutely 100%... more >> http://geocities.com/barathivg/
simple try/except question   (127 Views)
Is the behavior below expected If so, why is the exception not caught
simplejson setup problem   (230 Views)
I'm getting this error whilst building simplejson-1.7.3 with "setup.py install" on a win32 platform. ........ creating build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO removing simplejson.egg-info\native_libs.txt copying simplejson.egg-info\PKG-INFO -> build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO copying simplejson.egg-info\SOURCES.txt -> build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO copying simplejson.egg-info\dependency_links.txt -> build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO copying simplejson.egg-info\entry_points.txt -> build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO error: can't copy 'simplejson.egg-info\native_libs.txt': doesn't exist or not a regular file "error: can't copy 'simplejson.egg-info\native_libs.txt': doesn't exist or not a regular file" I'm not sure whether this error is significant, but presumably it is because instead of just installing, the setup seems to be creating an egg and that bit is failing. Is there some easy way to avoid this broken egg syndrome and just use ordinary distutils -- Robin Becker
Is there a simple way to exit a while loop on keystroke?   (378 Views)
I am new to python, and have written a simple program to read a port via telnet. I would like it to run until any key is pressed. Of course I wouldn't mind requiring a specific keystroke in the future, but I would think this is simpler for now. I have used kbhit() and getch() many times in C, but I can't find anything similar in Python. I am using Linux also, so the msvcrt code isn't an option. I have tried sys.stdin.read(), but that hangs UNTIL a key is pressed.
simple spider in python   (244 Views)
Hi everybody, i'm new to the forum so: hello everybody (should I say "world") ^_^ I'm trying to do a simple spider in python which: 1) ask google a query 2) parse the data I'm a python newbie so *any* help would be very, very welcommed.
who is simpler? try/except/else or try/except   (170 Views)
Hi all, reading Dive Into Python, on Chapter 6 (exception), I've found: "This code comes from the getpass module, a wrapper module for getting a password from the user" try: import termios, TERMIOS except ImportError: try: import msvcrt except ImportError: try: from EasyDialogs import AskPassword except ImportError: getpass = default_getpass else: getpass = AskPassword else: getpass = win_getpass else: getpass = unix_getpass Knowing that this code is very simple, my question is about simplicity. I think it is simpler the following code. I haven't a long experience on Python, so I'd like to know your opinions about. try: import termios, TERMIOS getpass = unix_getpass except ImportError: try: import msvcrt getpass = win_getpass except ImportError: try: from EasyDialogs import AskPassword getpass = AskPassword except ImportError: getpass = default_getpass
a simple string question   (126 Views)
, I have one question about string.I am trying to make an function to ****yze line of some text, this is my example: "HELLO;HELLO2:WORLD:", if that function in this text find ";" and ":" ( in this example will find both) e.g that function must return this: "HELLO;\nHELLO2:\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\tWORLD:"
curses/urwid simple menu   (150 Views)
. Could you help me...I need to create application with urwid or curses support. Have you got a pretty simple example with it -- Pozdrawiam Leszek Mi Nothing is secure, paranoia is your friend.
A Python newbie ask a simple question   (144 Views)
what does the statement "choice = raw_input(prompt)[0]" mean I don't know why there is a '[0]' in the statement. Thank you very much
Probably simple syntax error   (148 Views)
> **weights_array(randomizing_counter) = small_randomized_int > > The starred line is the one getting the error message: "SyntaxError: > can't assign to function call" > > Now, I do understand what this means. I'm trying to assign to a > function instead of the value that the function should create. But > since when is weights_array or small_randomizing_int a function Both > are being declared in the code on their first usage. This one has got > me stumped, maybe you can help me out with it Using parens () indicates a function call. I suspect things will work much better using square brackets []. Square brackets indicate the index into a sequence (like a list) , On Jul 3, 9:04 am, Dustin MacDonald wrote: > And Cameron: Ah, yes. It does reduce the confusion. I do know that > square brackets are used for *creating* a dictionary (blah = ["A", > "B", "C"], That's a list, not a dictionary. > so I figured the same would apply to accessing it (which is > why for my list, which I created with parenthesis I assumed I accessed > with parenthesis). If you created it with parentheses, it's not a list, it's a tuple. Problem 10: Tuples are immutable. atuple[index_variable] = something and atuple.append(something) will fail. Print this, cut it out, and paste it inside your hat: """ alist = ['foo', 42, True, 123.456] assert alist[1] == 42 atuple = ('foo', 42, True, 123.456) assert atuple[1] == 42 adict = {'bar': 'foo', 1: 42, 'abool': True, 'afloat': 123.456} assert adict[1] == 42 """ and, in general: Abjure guesswork, read the documentation!
RE: Probably simple syntax error   (139 Views)
Dustin MacDonald wrote: > Code: > randomizing_counter = 0 > # Put the loop counter for the randomizing to zero. > until_val = 36 > # Set the "until val" to 36. We'll compare them to make sure we're not > at the end of our wordlist_both. > > while randomizing_counter < until_val: > big_randomized_int = RandRange(0,100) > # Make a random value and store it. > small_randomized_int = big_randomized_int / 100 > # Divide that random value and store it in a different variable. > small_randomized_int = Round(small_randomized_int, 2) > # Round that value to 2 decimal places > **weights_array(randomizing_counter) = small_randomized_int > # Assign the first randomized value to our first word to be Code: weighted. > randomizing_counter = randomizing_counter + 1 > # Up the counter and repeat. > > > The starred line is the one getting the error message: "SyntaxError: > can't assign to function call" You should always copy and paste the exception you receive (including the stack trace). Anyway, read the exception *carefully*. It says "can't assign to function *call*". In the line: weights_array(randomizing_counter) = small_randomized_int "weights_array(randomizing_counter)" is a function call. My guess is that you think you're trying to modify an element of "weights_array" (your code doesn't show us what weights_array is, but I'm guessing it's actually a list), but parentheses are not the syntax for element access (subscripting) in Python. You should read the python tutorial: http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html especially the sections on lists: http://docs.python.org/tut/node5.htm...00000000000000 and functions: http://docs.python.org/tut/node6.htm...00000000000000 Cheers, Tim Delaney
very simple shared dll with ctypes   (199 Views)
I have created a simple windows small_dll.dll exporting a function that does a computation using C and C++ classes which i wish to call from Python. I have read lots of ctypes documentation but I still dont quite understand how to call the function. As a test, I have written a much simpler mathematical function below to try to get it to work from Python. I am trying to call this from python by: >>from ctypes import * >>print cdll.small_dll.adder(c_double(5.343534),c_double(3.4432)) >>2223968 Can someone give me a few tips to get going! The DLL declaration is below. #include #if defined(_MSC_VER) #define DLL extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) #else #define DLL #endif DLL double adder(double a, double b){ double c; c=a+b; return c; }