SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Rpy - partially blank R window

I have just installed R and Rpy, and am experiencing an odd problem when driving R from Python - if I create a plot in R, the portion of the plot window that lies under the IDLE window in which ...

Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 09:59:25 PM Total Views:  375
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

how to proccess the blank in the path on linux   (80 Views)
I want ro walk a directory and its sub directory on linux, to find some shell script file, and run them, but I found some path belong blank charactor, such as '8000 dir', if I write as follow, I got error "no such file" path = '8000 dir' for root, dirs, files in os.walk(path): cmd = ' ' cmd = 'cd ' + root os.system(cmd) How can I repair it
Checking if a text file is blank   (90 Views)
Greetings! I've just started learning python, so this is probably one of those obvious questions newbies ask. Is there any way in python to check if a text file is blank What I've tried to do so far is: f = file("friends.txt", "w") if f.read() is True: """do stuff""" else: """do other stuff""" f.close() What I *mean* to do in the second line is to check if the text file is not-blank. But apparently that's not the way to do it. Could someone set me straight please
rpy registry   (138 Views)
Howdy, I've been using rpy (1.0.1) and python (2.5.1) on my office computer with great success. When I went to put rpy on my laptop, however, I get an error trying to load rpy. "Unable to determine R version from the registry. Trying another method." followed by a few lines of the usual error message style (ending with "NameError: global name 'RuntimeExecError' is not defined." I have reinstalled R (now 2.6.1), rpy, and python without any luck (being sure to check the "include in registry" on the installation of R). Everything else I have used thus far works perfectly. Any thoughts on what might be causing problems
Is there a better/simpler way to filter blank lines?   (134 Views)
I'm parsing some text files, and I want to strip blank lines in the process. Is there a simpler way to do this than what I have here lines = filter(lambda line: len(line.strip()) > 0, lines) Thomas
Pyrex: problem with blanks in string   (121 Views)
When trying to wrap C code using Pyrex, I encountered a strange problem with a piece of pure Python code. I tried to isolate the problem. The following code causes Pyrex to generate C code which gcc cannot compile: ...
how to use subprocess.Popen execute "find" in windows   (150 Views)
In cmd, I can use find like this. C:\>netstat -an | find "445" TCP 0.0.0.0:445 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING UDP 0.0.0.0:445 *:* C:\> And os.system is OK. >>> import os >>> os.system('netstat -an | find "445"') TCP 0.0.0.0:445 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING UDP 0.0.0.0:445 ...
Displaying vtk files in a wxPython window   (111 Views)
I want to visualize some vtk-files within a wxPython Window. Google did not help me very much, I only found some tools for Tk, what is no solution for me. I'm sure I am not the first one who ...
Odd PyQt4 crash on exit when importing on windows   (186 Views)
Hi all -- I'm having an odd import issue with PyQt4. If I create two files, like so .... --- xbomb.py --------------- from PyQt4.QtGui import * import sys, ybomb app = QApplication(sys.argv) if __name__ == "__main__": main_win = QMainWindow() main_win.show() ...
windows service   (161 Views)
I'm trying to get a program that uses M2Crypto ThreadingSSLServer to run in windows as a service. I have a few problem, it doesn't listen on its port and I don't know how to debug it. I used the pipeservice ...
askopenfilename() as root window   (143 Views)
Is there any way to open a Tkinter.askopenfilename() without opening a root window alongside the file chooser I simply want a script to open a dialog and return the chosen file's path to stdout. """ from tkFileDialog import askopenfilename print ...
Re: socket-module: different behaviour on windows / unix when atimeout is set   (192 Views)
En Wed, 09 Jul 2008 15:02:56 -0300, Mirko Vogt escribi: > it seems that the socket-module behaves differently on unix / windows > when a timeout is set. [...] > Now I will change the code slightly - to ...
Boa: howto make child windows really child   (155 Views)
i just started using Boa constructor, but, i dont like child windows floatin,g on my desktop. how can i make all child windows of boa all together, docked in one parent boa window... i found in preferences, general, childFrameStyle, i ...
Re: how to capture screenshots of the active window in Python   (139 Views)
En Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:28:27 -0300, Praveena B escribi: > Can anyone help me out Still lacking details... PIL has a ImageGrab module, Windows only. -- Gabriel Genellina...
Re: [wxPython-users] Issue with docking wx.listctrl window   (126 Views)
Thanks a lot Robin. I tried using self.log and instead of self.log.list. *Code is attached.* But this gives me a panel and listctrl in it. The extra blank space around the listctrl in window1 is something that I don't need. ..
Alternative to python -u for binary upload to cgi on windows?   (159 Views)
Hi all, Using a python cgi script such as the one below to handle uploaded binary files will end up with a truncated file (truncates when it hits ^Z) on Windows systems. On linux systems the code works and the ...
Re: python - stealth window   (145 Views)
En Thu, 08 Nov 2007 03:23:27 -0300, Adam escribi: > I want create Windows console window in stealth with Python script. I > tried > search on internet but I do not find anything. I want something like this ...
Re: Tkinter tkMessageBox problem - message box is displayed with anadditional window   (120 Views)
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:29 AM, wrote: > > I'm working on Windows Platform > > I'm facing some problem with the tkMessageBox. My code is as below: > > import tkMessageBox > import Tix > ...
socket-module: different behaviour on windows / unix when a timeoutis set   (181 Views)
, it seems that the socket-module behaves differently on unix / windows when a timeout is set. Here an example: # test.py import socket sock=socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,socket.SOCK_STREAM) print 'trying to connect...' sock.connect(('127.0.0.1',9999)) print 'connected!' # executed on windows >C:\Python25\python.exe test.py trying to ...
default gettext localedir on windows   (142 Views)
what's the default localedir for gettext module on windows In Linux, it's /usr/share/locale. Where should I put the *.mo file in order to make the translation work
email module windows and suse   (117 Views)
all! I have to make a custom email module, based on the standard one. The custom module has to be able to work with extremely large mails (1GB +), having memory "footprint" much smaller. The modified program has to ...